PDA

View Full Version : I have a Question!!!!

wedo
05-24-2006, 05:57 PM
I have been arguing with my co-worker about this...

U.T. or T.U. technically which is it for the Texas Longhorns

BreckTxLonghorn
05-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by wedo

UT.

TU is what Aggies call Texas. They think it's hilarious. We still don't know why. Unless you're calling us THE University (which some do), then it's UT, the University of Texas.

Cameron Crazy
05-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah GO LONGHORNS!!!

pirate44
05-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Just call it by it's given name The University of Texas

zeus63
05-24-2006, 10:05 PM
If you attend or attended Texas A&M its TU.

Bandera YaYa
05-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
If you attend or attended Texas A&M its TU. I have decided that TAMU is for Mama's boys...............

PhiI C
05-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Hook Em Horns!!

RMAC
05-24-2006, 11:22 PM

It's all part of ATM's sick and twisted ideology that they will one day rule the gridiron again, but I just don't see it happening before the 2012 Olympics.

wedo
05-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
UT.

TU is what Aggies call Texas. They think it's hilarious. We still don't know why. Unless you're calling us THE University (which some do), then it's UT, the University of Texas.

Yeah my friend is going to A&M in the fall and he just got back from a visit there!! He said something about Texas can't be called The University of Texas or UT b/c A&M was established before Texas!!! I told him he was crazy and that the people on the
3A DL would know!!!! I can't Wait till he comes to work today!!!!!!

CHS_CG
05-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Another reason is b/c in our 'war hymn' it says "Good bye to TEXAS UNIVERSITY"

So there for TU:D

GIG EM AGGIES!

wedo
05-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Another reason is b/c in our 'war hymn' it says "Good bye to TEXAS UNIVERSITY"

So there for TU:D

GIG EM AGGIES!

No matter how hard they try the Ags will never be at Texas' "UT" LEVEL!!!!

PurpleFreddy
05-25-2006, 08:20 AM
It's sad when one university tries to make itself feel/look better by a weak-arse attempt at trying to denegrate another. Typical A&M stuff. They have enough tradition to not worry about calling the school in Austin "tu." That is so junior high.

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah my friend is going to A&M in the fall and he just got back from a visit there!! He said something about Texas can't be called The University of Texas or UT b/c A&M was established before Texas!!! I told him he was crazy and that the people on the
3A DL would know!!!! I can't Wait till he comes to work today!!!!!!

Well they only slightly skewed the story. When the state legislature decided to start a state university (after receiving federal funding from the US Congress), they also decided to build an agricultural and mechanical college as a part of the state university...but it would be seperated from the main university campus. TAMU originally opened as the "Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas"...or AMC as you may hear in some of A&M yells/songs. One interesting thing of note is that while A&M was under construction, the Texas Consistution called for the creation of a "university of the first class." (read the University of Texas)

So from any way that you look at it...A&M was literally the stepchild of the Texas university system in that it was built as a college that would be home to the states agriculture and mechanical schools. It wasn't until the 1960's that the name was changed to Texas A&M and the meaning behind the "A&M" was removed and "A&M" is just a few letters in the name of the university. So much for tradition...can't even keep their name going!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

aggie
05-25-2006, 08:35 AM
i wonder how many of these people who are so in love with texas ever set foot on the campus.....let alone have a degree from there

wedo
05-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by aggie
i wonder how many of these people who are so in love with texas ever set foot on the campus.....let alone have a degree from there

What does that matter????

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 08:59 AM

more than those that have a degree from A&M.

A&M has issued out 320,000 degrees (according to their website) in their existance...Texas has 450,000 LIVING alumni

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 09:02 AM
i wonder how many of these people who are so in love with texas ever set foot on the campus.....let alone have a degree from there :doh: Here we go again. :rolleyes: It is idiotic to say that in order to be a fan of a University (any University) you have to have a degree and step foot on their campus??? That is just about the dumbest thing! :o

Ranger Mom
05-25-2006, 09:04 AM

Not me!! I am a big Dallas Cowboy fan too, but I have never lived there or even watched them play in real life.....what's your point??

raider red 2000
05-25-2006, 09:06 AM

the sheep lovers down in college station have lots of fans too....that never graduate

wedo
05-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Not me!! I am a big Dallas Cowboy fan too, but I have never lived there or even watched them play in real life.....what's your point??

EXACTLY WHAT I THINK!!!!:clap:

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: Here we go again. :rolleyes: It is idiotic to say that in order to be a fan of a University (any University) you have to have a degree and step foot on their campus??? That is just about the dumbest thing! :o

That sure would kill the fan bases of EVERY university in the country...except Baylor, SMU, and Rice! ;)

wedo
05-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

A&M has issued out 320,000 degrees (according to their website) in their existance...Texas has 450,000 LIVING alumni

Good way to shut that Aggie up!!!! Good JOB!!!

aggie
05-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Good way to shut that Aggie up!!!! Good JOB!!!

yeah....that put me in my place :rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
05-25-2006, 09:16 AM
well just in case you have to attend a school to be a fan, I am a fan of The University of Texas

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
well just in case you have to attend a school to be a fan, I am a fan of The University of Texas

i was accepted on an academic scholarship to UT... does that mean i can be a fan?

TheDOCTORdre
05-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i was accepted on an academic scholarship to UT... does that mean i can be a fan?
In the words of Judge Mills Lane "I'll allow it"

raider red 2000
05-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

i have a sister that went there for 2.5 years....and i went to see them play tech and ATM this year..... I AM NOT A FAN....i didnt go there.....NEVER would i be a longhorn.

wedo
05-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i have a sister that went there for 2.5 years....and i went to see them play tech and ATM this year..... I AM NOT A FAN....i didnt go there.....NEVER would i be a longhorn.

Has long has your not an Aggie i wont be ashamed to be your neighbor!!!!! j/k

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-25-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm going to Texas A&M, and I call it UT, as in The University of Texas.

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I'm going to Texas A&M, and I call it UT, as in The University of Texas.

Better not let any of the die hard Aggies hear you say that...they might yell mean things and tell you that you are uncool! Make sure you walk on the grass around the MSC...they get really excited about that too! :thumbsup:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Better not let any of the die hard Aggies hear you say that...they might yell mean things and tell you that you are uncool! Make sure you walk on the grass around the MSC...they get really excited about that too! :thumbsup:

Well, I'm not too worried about what they will say or try to do.

pirate44
05-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, I'm not too worried about what they will say or try to do.
are you playing ball there?

wedo
05-25-2006, 05:47 PM

A&M has issued out 320,000 degrees (according to their website) in their existance...Texas has 450,000 LIVING alumni because a&m is harder and smaller in attendance and make sure you are just talking about the main campuses

wedo
05-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I have decided that TAMU is for Mama's boys............... this is wedo's friend the one who said its t.u. i aint no mammas boy although i can see why u might say that if youve ever met anyone in the core. You can find way more mamas boys at tu and way more fags not that there is anything wrong with them so dont take that the wrong way.

wedo
05-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Sorry about that i was already logged on to the computer at work and i showed my friend that he was wrong and he got mad and posted when i walked off!!! Sorry for that b/c i would never hate on the horns i promise!!!!!!!!!!!! Hook'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I have decided that TAMU is for Mama's boys...............
Great generalization about the school I am going to and myself, it is greatly appreciated.

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 08:44 PM
this is wedo's friend the one who said its t.u. i aint no mammas boy although i can see why u might say that if youve ever met anyone in the core. You can find way more mamas boys at tu and way more fags not that there is anything wrong with them so dont take that the wrong way.

the core... you mean the military that aint the military? the guys that grab and grope women after every touchdown, whether they want it or not?

CHS_CG
05-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Ok, I am a fan of A&M... I havent ever attended and probably never will... doesnt mean I cant be a fan just means I have a full time job that doesnt allow me to go to college/ I cant afford it with a 1 year old daughter.. I guess I am not the total typical aggie inthat I will root for UT if they ARENT playing A&M. I even have somebody trying to convert me to be half UT... A&M will always be the school I support first, that wont change... but can we atleast save the petty agurement till closer to Nov. when the game is guys.. even for somebody who loves to start sh*t... this gets old FAST! No matter if your an Aggie or a Longhorn cant we just agree to disagree...

TheDOCTORdre
05-25-2006, 09:13 PM
No matter if your an Aggie or a Longhorn cant we just agree to disagree...
wheres the fun in that

CHS_CG
05-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
wheres the fun in that

I dunno.. guess its my old age gettin to me :nerd:

wedo
05-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Ok, I am a fan of A&M... I havent ever attended and probably never will... doesnt mean I cant be a fan just means I have a full time job that doesnt allow me to go to college/ I cant afford it with a 1 year old daughter.. I guess I am not the total typical aggie inthat I will root for UT if they ARENT playing A&M. I even have somebody trying to convert me to be half UT... A&M will always be the school I support first, that wont change... but can we atleast save the petty agurement till closer to Nov. when the game is guys.. even for somebody who loves to start sh*t... this gets old FAST! No matter if your an Aggie or a Longhorn cant we just agree to disagree...

I can admit that i root for the aggies too, only b/c i have classmated that play and go to school there but not when they play Texas!!! It just gets old when year in and year out Texas beats them down in every sport and yet they still try to criticize Texas!!! They are just very sore losers!!!!

zeus63
05-26-2006, 09:19 AM
I have decided that TAMU is for Mama's boys...............

The only people that dog on A&M are the ones that aren't smart enough to get in.

zeus63
05-26-2006, 09:30 AM
PERIOD!!!

District303aPastPlayer
05-26-2006, 11:21 AM
The only people that dog on A&M are the ones that aren't smart enough to get in.

we prefer living outside the box of the A&M brainwashing :)

Adidas410s
05-26-2006, 11:22 AM

and those at A&M weren't smart enough to get into Texas...so they just bag on the academically superior school to boost their self-esteem! ;)

pirate44
05-26-2006, 11:26 AM
when are all you people gonna grow up :rolleyes: