PDA

View Full Version : UT Football National Championship ring on EBay!!!

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 04:54 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/TEXAS-LONGHORNS-2006-NATIONAL-CHAMPIONSHIP-RING_W0QQitemZ8817060975QQcategoryZ24621QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Phil...it's your dream come true!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cameron Crazy
05-24-2006, 05:19 PM
LOL its VY ring he doesnt want it!

wedo
05-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
LOL its VY ring he doesnt want it!

I though it was Romance Taylor's!!!!!!!!!!

Emerson1
05-24-2006, 05:36 PM
It's probably not even a players, they were sold to the public when they first came out.

Phil C
05-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
http://cgi.ebay.com/TEXAS-LONGHORNS-2006-NATIONAL-CHAMPIONSHIP-RING_W0QQitemZ8817060975QQcategoryZ24621QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Phil...it's your dream come true!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm good point but I won't bid on it. I didn't earn it. I am sorry to see someone sell it though.

schu1213
05-24-2006, 05:41 PM
It is a players they said on espn that they wont say who it is untill the ring is sold

Cameron Crazy
05-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
It is a players they said on espn that they wont say who it is untill the ring is sold
Thanks for the info!:clap:

pirate44
05-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hmmmmm good point but I won't bid on it. I didn't earn it. I am sorry to see someone sell it though.
go ahead and bid on it Phil C. or were you holding out to earn one. ;)

Bulldog_12
05-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by wedo

That was my immediate thought. It is funny how the person in the picture is wearing football gloves. :thinking:

Steer Fever
05-24-2006, 08:39 PM
It is VY b/c he know he will need some money when he is a bust in the NFL .

Old Tiger
05-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
It is VY b/c he know he will need some money when he is a bust in the NFL . That's not really funny nor any where close to the truth. It would have been funny if you said something about Ramonce needing to pay for his lawyer or something like that. Ohter than that you made yourself look like a complete idiot on the internet in front of hundreds of posters and guest alike. Thank you, the end!

RMAC
05-24-2006, 10:55 PM

Yeah, he'll need it for bail money.

schu1213
05-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
That's not really funny nor any where close to the truth. It would have been funny if you said something about Ramonce needing to pay for his lawyer or something like that. Ohter than that you made yourself look like a complete idiot on the internet in front of hundreds of posters and guest alike. Thank you, the end!

I thought it was kinda funny.

RMAC
05-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Brother, brother, please tell me that you didn't REALLY get on Ebay and type in "UT National Champ Ring" cuz if you did, you are uninvited to my graduation.:D

Steer Fever
05-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Im just stating a fact buddy, VY will be a bust in the league this guy is not pro caliber. Just wait and see. I dont know if i will be on this board much longer b/c i actually have a life and dont want to spend the rest of my life talking on this board like some of yall do. I will be moving on, but the day that VY is longer in existence or chokes in the NFL you mihgt actually hear from me. I will be on for a little bit longer though so Deal wit it Jabronis

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 12:31 AM
Im just stating a fact buddy, VY will be a bust in the league this guy is not pro caliber. Just wait and see. I dont know if i will be on this board much longer b/c i actually have a life and dont want to spend the rest of my life talking on this board like some of yall do. I will be moving on, but the day that VY is longer in existence or chokes in the NFL you mihgt actually hear from me. I will be on for a little bit longer though so Deal wit it Jabronis

so, assuming he has a 14 year career, then busts out at year 15... you will still be around?

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Brother, brother, please tell me that you didn't REALLY get on Ebay and type in "UT National Champ Ring" cuz if you did, you are uninvited to my graduation.:D

no fatty I saw it on a different board. So somebody else was the one who found it! :rolleyes:

Buccaneer
05-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Return to sender: UT national championship ring no longer on the market
After bids reach $10,000, UT ring lifted from eBay auction
By Suzanne Halliburton

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The mystery involving the potential sale of a coveted University of Texas national championship ring remained unsolved late Wednesday.

In fact, the ring's seller on eBay twice took the Rose Bowl ring off the auction market, first claiming it was improperly listed before finally saying the item was no longer available. By that time, bids had reached more than $10,000 on the ring, which had a wholesale price tag of $350.

Still, the Texas athletic department wanted to know the identity of the player who gave up his ring, which the team earned Jan. 4 by beating Southern California 41-38 in the Rose Bowl.

In fact, athletic department officials even talked about buying the ring to take it off the market.

"We thought about it, but we have other ways to find out who this is," said Texas associate athletic director Nick Voinis. "There are ways to find out."

At issue is whether the player is still on the roster — because as of July, 2003, the selling of an athletic award by a student athlete is forbidden by the NCAA, something which could result in suspensions.

The rule could be named for the Georgia football team, because it was passed after nine Bulldogs sold their Southeastern Conference rings after the 2002 season. The nine players were declared ineligible, then reinstated because the NCAA had no rule on the sale of championship items.

At about the same time, Florida State investigated allegations of players selling rings and other team souvenirs to a business that specialized in sports memorabilia.

The NCAA then passed a rule that a player would be penalized if he or she sold an item. The number of games depended on the wholesale cost of the award. If the item cost between $300 and $500, a player would be suspended for one game and required to repay the cost of the award.

There are no rules precluding former players from selling their rings. They can list them on auction sites like eBay or sell them to jewelry brokers. Rarely is the identity of a player revealed in these auctions. Only the buyer and seller know.

On Wednesday, a seller identified as "TravisTrader" was selling a 1999 Texas Cotton Bowl ring. He was asking for an initial bid of $4,495 for a ring belonging to an unidentified player. In an e-mail to the American-Statesman, he said he had tried to sell the ring in previous auctions, but never received the right price.

A Holiday Bowl ring from 2003 also had been for sale on eBay earlier this month. Again, the broker did not receive the minimum bid of $3,999.99. The broker, identified as championship_sports_rings, has sold rings representing championships or bowl rings originally owned by players from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Miami, Florida State, Auburn, Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson, USC and Georgia Tech.

There was an active auction Wednesday for a 1997 Nebraska national football championship ring carrying a minimum price of $2,999.99. Also, there was bidding for a 1994 Arkansas basketball national championship ring that came with other souvenirs. The bidding was up to $11,500.

The UT compliance office monitors Internet auction sites every day. However, Voinis said this is the first case the office is aware of in which a Longhorn has sold a national championship ring.

Buccaneer
05-25-2006, 08:55 AM
It is VY b/c he know he will need some money when he is a bust in the NFL .
I think Vince is set for life whether he is a success in the NFL or not! Why are so many of the Graham posters filled with hate?

JasperDog94
05-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Im just stating a fact buddy, VY will be a bust in the league this guy is not pro caliber. And just how do you know this is a FACT? What makes your football knowledge so superior to all those NFL scouts? How come you're not one of them?:rolleyes:

Steer Fever
05-25-2006, 11:09 AM
First of all i know my stuff. 2nd i have a mentor that i listen to and he even knows more than me. 3rd i have a really close friend who is a scout and he has repeatedly told me that VY will be a bust.

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 11:10 AM
First of all i know my stuff. 2nd i have a mentor that i listen to and he even knows more than me. 3rd i have a really close friend who is a scout and he has repeatedly told me that VY will be a bust.

1 - You and every other fan...

2 - Dude...having the Chief as a "mentor" isn't saying much

3 - So "your scout" says bust...but 99% of the NFL scouts say he won't be a bust. :doh:

Emerson1
05-25-2006, 11:16 AM
My uncle's brother is a scout, and all his scout friends know VY won't be a bust.

Adidas410s
05-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
My uncle's brother is a scout, and all his scout friends know VY won't be a bust.

So is your uncle's brother your dad or another uncle??? :thinking:

mustang04
05-25-2006, 11:22 AM

dude....u sound like an idiot haha

"i have a mentor!!!"

"OH TEACH ME GREAT WISE ONE!!!!!".....hahahaha:clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
05-25-2006, 01:41 PM
First of all i know my stuff. 2nd i have a mentor that i listen to and he even knows more than me. 3rd i have a really close friend who is a scout and he has repeatedly told me that VY will be a bust. http://www.starwars.ndo.co.uk/episodes4-6/yoda.jpg The force is strong within you wise one!

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 01:45 PM
First of all i know my stuff. 2nd i have a mentor that i listen to and he even knows more than me. 3rd i have a really close friend who is a scout and he has repeatedly told me that VY will be a bust. You know your stuff? Don't most guys? :evillaugh

Phil C
05-25-2006, 01:46 PM
I don't know if they can suspend the player if he has eligibility left. The ring was listed for sale but was removed and not sold.

Bullaholic
05-25-2006, 01:48 PM
You guys "lighten up"......you're going to chase away some of the best entertainment on here away----AGAIN-----and I just stocked up on popcorn.

mustang04
05-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You know your stuff? Don't most guys? :evillaugh

no....i dont know my 'stuff'....when u know ur 'stuff' that just means u THINK you know it

but when you know your $h*t like ME.....thats when you know all

i know nothing...so according to socrates...i have true knowledge or wisdom or whatever th hell it was...hell i dont even know which word it was haha

Phil C
05-25-2006, 01:49 PM
SHOW SOME CONSIDERATION!! :mad:

mustang04
05-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
SHOW SOME CONSIDERATION!! :mad:

SHOW SOME GONADS!!!!:mad:
but really, please dont:D

Bullaholic
05-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
SHOW SOME GONADS!!!!:mad:
but really, please dont:D

(Psssstt, Reg......you might want to change genders and terms on that request there, bud.) Folks in Snyder already talk about you, you know. :D

Buccaneer
05-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Steer, I remember all your posts about Graham during football season. If you knew your stuff, you would be quiet! When I want your opinion I will give it to you!

Old Tiger
05-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Steer, I remember all your posts about Graham during football season. If you knew your stuff, you would be quiet! When I want your opinion I will give it to you! Facial!

Steer Fever
05-25-2006, 08:31 PM
first of all that was not me during football season. The guy stoppedusing it and gave it to me. Next Tiger WR who do you think you are smarting off like that.

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2006, 08:34 PM
first of all that was not me during football season. The guy stoppedusing it and gave it to me. Next Tiger WR who do you think you are smarting off like that.

who do you think you are tryin to talk liek you are gonna kick someones a55. . . dude, relax

Old Tiger
05-26-2006, 12:40 AM
first of all that was not me during football season. The guy stoppedusing it and gave it to me. Next Tiger WR who do you think you are smarting off like that. Pull the jock strap out of your bunghole dude and chill out

SintonFan
05-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Bull, this IS some entertainment! lol;) popcorn is fixin to get popped.:D
Relax fren...:D :D :D

Pull the jock strap out of your bunghole dude and chill out
He said he's someone else already. We know how THOSE turn out...:inlove:

cheatchu
05-26-2006, 01:34 AM
3 - So "your scout" says bust...but 99% of the NFL scouts say he won't be a bust. :doh: [/B]

Wow i like how you just made up a statistic thats a total lie.

Haunta Yo
05-26-2006, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by cheatchu

43.62% of all statistics are made up.

"99% of creativity is being able to forget where you stole something from." - Haunta Yo

Old Tiger
05-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Statistics are what they are...just statistics....

I'm sure 100% of the statistics said that Tom Brady would never start an NFL game or Matt Hasselbach.

Adidas410s
05-26-2006, 08:33 AM

Find me a quote from an NFL scout/analyst (that can be verified by us on here) where it was said that he WILL be a bust!

olddawggreen
05-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Looks like he will own the ring a little longer, it didn't sell:(

cheatchu
05-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Find me a quote from an NFL scout/analyst (that can be verified by us on here) where it was said that he WILL be a bust!

More like you find me the guaranteed verifiable fact that states that 99 percent of scouts say he'll be great in the nfl since your the one making up stats.

KTJ
05-26-2006, 12:27 PM

This is the lamest and dumbest thing I've ever read on this website.

DaHop72
05-26-2006, 01:10 PM
There are days I think that UT/A&M makes Snyder-Sweetwater look like no rivalry at all.

KTJ
05-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
There are days I think that UT/A&M makes Snyder-Sweetwater look like no rivalry at all.

So based on the comparison, I'm guessing that Snyder and Sweetwater aren't rivals.

:D

Old Tiger
05-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Thinking about it...scouts said Vince has the most potential out of all the draft picks.

wedo
05-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Thinking about it...scouts said Vince has the most potential out of all the draft picks.

Exactly, so whats up with that guy??? Guys like that, that think they now everything usually didn't even play Varsity High School Football or any level !!!!!! He experience probably comes from watching games in the stands as part of the band!!!

schu1213
05-26-2006, 03:45 PM
You dont have to play football to know a lot about it.

wedo
05-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
You dont have to play football to know a lot about it.

Knowing stats is not knowing football!!!

cheatchu
05-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Exactly, so whats up with that guy??? Guys like that, that think they now everything usually didn't even play Varsity High School Football or any level !!!!!! He experience probably comes from watching games in the stands as part of the band!!!

Ok well why dont you go find that 99 percent he was talking so strongly about????

wedo
05-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Ok well why dont you go find that 99 percent he was talking so strongly about????

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/young_vince

its not 99% but its show that VY has a more up side than down!!

wedo
05-26-2006, 04:23 PM

Now its your turn!!!! Show us why VY will be a bust!!!!!!!

cheatchu
05-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Now its your turn!!!! Show us why VY will be a bust!!!!!!!

You didnt do anything you still havent shown me proof that 99% of scouts think he will be great

Adidas410s
05-26-2006, 05:55 PM
You didnt do anything you still havent shown me proof that 99% of scouts think he will be great

You don't read well do you? Go click on the link provided to you and do some reading...or remove your head from your "backside" and go back into your hole!

cheatchu
05-26-2006, 06:01 PM
You don't read well do you? Go click on the link provided to you and do some reading...or remove your head from your "backside" and go back into your hole!

You dont read do you? i read the link and no where on it does it say that every freakin pro scout thinks that VY will be great. It has a report about him and how someone evauluated him but just because one report speaks of him well does not mean that 99% of scout think hes good, all you did was make up a stat that was far from the truth. That was my point and you still havent defended yours.

cheatchu
05-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Yes VY is a good athlete, but will he be a great NFL QB....No, if you think otherwise look at his throwing motion, if you still dont agree then your just in denial

Adidas410s
05-26-2006, 06:12 PM
You dont read do you? i read the link and no where on it does it say that every freakin pro scout thinks that VY will be great. It has a report about him and how someone evauluated him but just because one report speaks of him well does not mean that 99% of scout think hes good, all you did was make up a stat that was far from the truth. That was my point and you still havent defended yours.

Evidently you take things WAY too seriously and read way to literally. 99% is a number that translates to "pretty much every scout" said that. I didn't say that every scout did. It wasn't a statistic. If it was a statistic, I would have 1) put it in quotations and 2) provided you with the source information of it. Just because you decided that it was a statistic that I was giving doesn't make it one.

Don't take things so serious...you'll never get out alive!

MHSvarsity2007
05-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Don't take things so serious...you'll never get out alive!

hah, van wilder, is it not?

cheatchu
05-26-2006, 06:31 PM
So if i were to say that 80 percent of people with hairy nipples die before the age of 107 you wouldnt consider that a stat ? Hmmm sounds to me like your full of complete bull and an idiot

SintonFan
05-26-2006, 06:43 PM

cheatchu
05-26-2006, 06:45 PM
no i know

Adidas410s
05-26-2006, 09:24 PM
So if i were to say that 80 percent of people with hairy nipples die before the age of 107 you wouldnt consider that a stat ? Hmmm sounds to me like your full of complete bull and an idiot

you stay classy buddy!!! :thumbsup:

pirate4state
05-27-2006, 12:41 AM
This thread took a left hand turn somewhere...:doh:

HipposGitErDun
05-27-2006, 01:39 AM

If you look at the title of this thread,,, and only go to the last page, you think "what in the %^$# is going on"

Leopards,class of 75
05-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes VY is a good athlete, but will he be a great NFL QB....No, if you think otherwise look at his throwing motion, if you still dont agree then your just in denial I use to agree with the point about his throwing motion, but after watching him play this season I am not real sure it matters. Didn't V.Y have the highest % of pass completions? Not sure, but I think he was at the top or close to it. Something to think about.

Old Tiger
05-27-2006, 07:08 PM
The guy is 6'5" throwing from that motion so one would think that it was be the same of a 6'1 QB throwing w/ a proper motion:confused:

Txbroadcaster
05-28-2006, 12:29 AM
Yes VY is a good athlete, but will he be a great NFL QB....No, if you think otherwise look at his throwing motion, if you still dont agree then your just in denial

So if throwing motion decides it, I guess Brett Farve and his shot put feet not planted and uses almost all arm means he is not a HOF....

Or what about Bernie Kosar and his sidewinder delievery, yea he never was good.

Dont forget the great Billy Kilmer..he produced more ducks than Daisy and Donald Duck on Viagra, but he still won games and out up numbers.

Drew Bledsoe throws low

Joe Montana had no arm strength

Dan Marino had a hitch in his delievery

Kenny Stabler never threw the same way twice.

Terry Bradshaw had to long of a motion.

OH and some QB's who coming out of college who had GREAT mechanics....

Ryan Leaf and Jeff George..Both rated very high in mechanics, and man they had a GREAT career.

My point is, you can not look at ONE thing when it comes to an NFL QB, it is a total package.