PDA

View Full Version : Lost

pancho villa
05-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Can't wait to watch tonight. michael is going to die!

neck_06
05-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Can't wait to watch tonight. michael is going to die!

i bet sawyer ends up saving jack or vice versa.......

and that locke and ecko get into it about the other hatch....

pirate4state
05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
i bet sawyer ends up saving jack or vice versa.......

and that locke and ecko get into it about the other hatch....

I wish it were 3 hours long instead of 2!! :D :D

injuredinmelee
05-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I wish i didnt have satellite and the sports package so I would have an excuse to wach network television and see what everyone else is talking about.

neck_06
05-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I wish it were 3 hours long instead of 2!! :D :D

we all do, we all do........

BU97
05-24-2006, 12:33 PM
it will be great, I can't wait for the Season 2 dvd to come out.

Bulldawgs100
05-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Eko and Locke will get into it, Locke will do something stupid involving the computer. Charlie and Eko will use dynamite. Desmond will be back with some interesting news and theories. We will see his flashbacks, he also admits to making a glow in the dark map inside the hatch. That plus many more cliffhangers and questions of what will happen next, allll coming up on LOST--

PurpleFreddy
05-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I wish i didnt have satellite and the sports package so I would have an excuse to wach network television and see what everyone else is talking about.

TiVo, baby!

Buccaneer
05-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Who or what are the others? They are not what they are pretending to be!

Buccaneer
05-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Before the two hours are over, Michael and Walt will be reunited and we'll learn what exactly Henry Gale's role is with the Others. Also, when the survivors come face-to-face with the Others — and they will come face-to-face — questions regarding their appearance will become of paramount importance.

BU97
05-24-2006, 10:15 PM
OK it's over. Can anyone explain to me what the hell that was at the end?

Buccaneer
05-24-2006, 10:22 PM
That was Desmond's former girlfriend looking for him!

Bandera YaYa
05-24-2006, 10:30 PM
So I thought, "why not"...I'll see what all the hoopla is about "Lost"..........man, after watching that , I feel like was on a LSD trip.....that was the strangest thing I have ever seen on tv.....was every episode like that????...... :confused: :crazy:

Bulldawgs100
05-25-2006, 01:14 AM
HOW DARE YOU--mock lost-- Either these writers are going down in history as having the best story line where EVERYTHING falls in to place--or they are just takin a huge risk and we are all fallin for it--either way- I LOVE IT:D :D :D

pancho villa
05-25-2006, 07:58 AM
I can't believe the way they left us hanging, the things they throw in are making me believe the "Others" are from another planet or an ancient people.

BU97
05-25-2006, 08:39 AM
I think this is a bigger cliff hanger than last year when Walt was stolen and Michael, Gin and Sawyer were left stranded. Crap when does Season 3 begin? I can't wait!

BU97
05-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
That was Desmond's former girlfriend looking for him!

I got that it was Penelope or whatever, but what were the two clowns in Siberia or Antartica doing? What do you think happened to make their instruments go off?

Damn it ABC, for making me wait all summer to find out what is going on!!!!!:mad:

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by BU97
I got that it was Penelope or whatever, but what were the two clowns in Siberia or Antartica doing? What do you think happened to make their instruments go off?

Damn it ABC, for making me wait all summer to find out what is going on!!!!!:mad: :clap: :clap: What will they do with Jack, Kate & Sawyer??? :confused: Will Hurley find his way back to their camp?? :mad: September, we have to wait until SEPTEMBER!!! :mad:

spiveyrat
05-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Oh, I thought this was a Mavs thread. :evilgrin:

JasperDog94
05-25-2006, 09:45 AM

Damn it ABC, for making me wait all summer to find out what is going on!!!!!:mad: If it makes you feel any better it will probably be more like October before they start airing season 3.:D

BU97
05-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
If it makes you feel any better it will probably be more like October before they start airing season 3.:D

Double damn it!:mad: :mad:

Bulldawgs100
05-25-2006, 02:06 PM
The whole next season is going to be based on "The Others" and who actually is considered "The Others", some say they could be military or who knows really. "Henry Gale" was signed as a regular for next season, and as we learned last night he seems to be the leader of "The Others". Also a earlier episode of LOST was titled The Widmores, and nobody knew why. Well we found out last night Desmond's girlfriend last name is Widmore and she admits to being very wealthy. Her father seems to own half the world, his name appears over and over in scenes in LOST. I believe he knows about the electromagnetic watchamakalit Desmond is on. And the 3rd season is supposed to be more "love orienated" so Im thinkin Desmond, Locke, and Eko are all still alive. Since they are signed as characters for next season:D . And why would they introduce Desmonds girlfriend and a whole story line..then kill him off? oh well either way brilliant show.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Buccaneer
05-25-2006, 02:17 PM

Damn it ABC, for making me wait all summer to find out what is going on!!!!!:mad:
The worst thing is they will take forever next season to answer your questions if they ever do. Next season Lost will be in blocks of new episodes without or before they show repeats. Sometimes I wish Lost was more like Gilligan's Island and the Harlem Globetrotters would show up on the island!lol

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
The worst thing is they will take forever next season to answer your questions if they ever do. Next season Lost will be in blocks of new episodes without or before they show repeats. Sometimes I wish Lost was more like Gilligan's Island and the Harlem Globetrotters would show up on the island!lol LMAO!! Maybe I read wrong, but aren't they gonna show like 13 episodes in a row, take a break and then come back for the remainder of the season?? :confused: Either way - it is gonna suck!! :mad: When is Nip/Tuck back on?? :D :D

IHS Fan
05-25-2006, 02:55 PM
is it just me or does anybody else see a connection between the others and maybe dharma? or maybe the widmores and dharma? somehow they have to be tied into dharma.

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
is it just me or does anybody else see a connection between the others and maybe dharma? or maybe the widmores and dharma? somehow they have to be tied into dharma. I agree! And how weird was it that Libby gave Desmond the boat and they both end up on the island??? :thinking:

Snyder_TigerFan
05-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
And how weird was it that Libby gave Desmond the boat and they both end up on the island??? :thinking:

I didn't catch that...Libby, the one that was shot?:thinking:

Emerson1
05-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Did y'all know the Hans Foundation is actually related directly to the show? They ran a commerical for it during the show, and they have ran it in previous shows.

http://hansocareers.com/

or the oceanic website
http://www.oceanic-air.com/

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I didn't catch that...Libby, the one that was shot?:thinking: YES!!

pirate4state
05-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
or the oceanic website
http://www.oceanic-air.com/ Hollywood has used Oceanic in alot of their movies!!

JasperDog94
05-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Even though her character is dead, Libby is supposed to play a role in next season. They say that you'll find out why she was in the phyche ward with Hurley.

Emerson1
05-25-2006, 03:36 PM
We found out a couple episodes ago she was in the ward with hurley

JasperDog94
05-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
We found out a couple episodes ago she was in the ward with hurley That one surprised me.

IHS Fan
05-26-2006, 12:38 AM
if you haven't done it yet, go to google and search dharma initiative.

pirate4state
05-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Another tid bit: Lost interactive (http://biz.yahoo.com/cnnm/060525/052506_commercials.html?.v=1)

CNNMoney.com
Commercials get "Lost"
Thursday May 25, 2:02 pm ET
By Paul R. La Monica, CNNMoney.com senior writer

ABC's cult favorite "Lost" ended its second season on Wednesday night in typically frustrating fashion.
Plenty of questions were answered but many more were raised for loyal viewers...who now have to wait until September for new episodes.

Fortunately for them, the show's producers have devised an elaborate interactive game called "The Lost Experience" that involves a bunch of bizarre Web sites providing more about the mythology behind the hit show.

But this game is more than just a way for "Lost" nerds (like yours truly) to keep themselves occupied during the summer. It's also a way for ABC to try and keep viewers from fast-forwarding through commercials and milk more advertising dollars out of the show.

For the past four weeks, ABC has included an ad for the fictitious Hanso Foundation during commercial breaks on "Lost." These ads have featured phone numbers and Web sites that viewers need to check out for more clues about the game.

But a closer look at the ads and the game itself show that there are actually some marketing tie-ins. The Hanso "commercials" have actually featured small print showing that they are paid for by well-known corporations.

The labyrinthine network of "Lost Experience" web sites includes references to brands such as Coca-Cola's Sprite, DaimlerChrysler's Jeep, Verizon Wireless and Monster.com.

So the question that begs to be asked is will "The Lost Experience" actually be an effective marketing tool for advertisers that are tired of seeing their 30-second spots skipped by viewers with a digital video recorder and an itchy remote-control trigger finger?

"Advertisers are starting to think more like a programmer. How do I create content that people will watch?" said Tracey Scheppach, vice president and video innovations director for Starcom USA, a media buying firm.

But ABC isn't the only network experimenting with games to keep viewers watching commercials.

CBS announced last week that it is partnering with reality guru Mark Burnett and AOL, the online portal owned by Time Warner, on a promotion called Gold Rush this fall. (Time Warner also owns CNNMoney.com.)

Viewers will be able to find clues during CBS shows and commercials, as well as other forms of media, that will help them identify where more than $2 million's worth of gold is hidden in the U.S.

And the new CW network, created from the merger of CBS' UPN and Time Warner's WB, showed advertisers last week a concept that it called "content wraps": blocks of commercial time during shows that actually tell a brief story and can include product placement.

Whether or not these novel ways of advertising will actually work remains to be seen but it's clear that the TV networks and marketers have to do something to combat the growing tendency of DVR-owning couch potatoes to skip ads.

"This is an attempt by media companies to grab hold of a market they are losing control of," said Doug Ryan, chief marketing officer of Y&R Chicago, a subsidiary of ad agency Young & Rubicam.

The big risk that networks and advertisers may face is that they irritate audiences. "Lost" fans for example apparently have an insatiable appetite for more clues about the show.

To that end, "Bad Twin" a novel supposedly written by one of the passengers on the doomed plane in the show is currently among the top 50 best-selling books on both Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com. The book was published by Hyperion, which, like ABC, is owned by Walt Disney.

But do fans want more information packaged alongside messages telling them to "Obey their Thirst?" One of the "Lost Experience" sites is called subLYMONal, which is a reference to the so-called lemon-lime (hence lymon) taste of Sprite.

"This blends into entertainment and product integration," said Scheppach. "I would hate to see it forced, where advertising feels unnatural in terms of the viewer experience. How deeply can you embed advertising messages in 'Lost' programming?"

Adam Hanft, founder and CEO of Hanft Unlimited, branding and advertising consulting firm, agrees that marketers need to tread carefully and that things like "The Lost Experience" and "Gold Rush" could backfire.

"The gimmickry of it is so on the surface that it may alienate consumers. It shows how desperate traditional advertisers are to get people to watch their commercials," he said.

Anything for a buck.

Bulldawgs100
05-26-2006, 03:38 PM
The Hanso Coorporation in real life made a Dharma Initiative project that was shut down in 1987. Which is oddly the year shown on the end of the videos on which Dr. Candle apears. Also the person shot which was an "other" had a striking resemblance to Dr. Candle (the man in the films) Also Kelvin is most likely still around, Desmond only saw blood and had no time to check for a pulse. The four toed statued is causing a huge mytholigical controversy and people sayin its an ape because Joop the 106 year old monkey that Hanso has lengthened the life of. That is one of there projects in real life. Life extension. Its only right that JJ Abrams and the others of the show tie in so many realistic facts with biblical and mythilogical theories. Did anyone else notice that Eko wrote down the scripture 9:22 and the plane crashed 9:22? Some say he isnt writing down bible versus, and who taught Eko the Numbers? He may be pushing numbers he saw in a vision of his episode where he and Locke found the hatch.

Bulldawgs100
05-26-2006, 03:42 PM
if you really want to see something interesting take a look at the portugese or whatever he was man that was at the end and was in that snow bunker---

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/gallery/223.html?photo=89

its NOT Jack (Matthew Fox) but you gotta think the writers made it look like him for a reason. Trust me its NOT him. the actors name is different in the credits and ive seen sights all over comparin how there ears arent the same but hey, i dont care we gotta while to wait and see. Im just gonna pretend its Jack in another life:nerd: :nerd:

Bulldawgs100
05-26-2006, 03:51 PM
**"Here you see is the pedestal of a statue, with only half a leg and four toes remaining: there were many here once"**

Thomas Love Peacock - Headlong Hall

hmmm interesting. LOST has been linked to Bad Twin...and well now id definately say Headlong Hall

also the boat at the end said Pala Fairy--

The book Island, by Aldous Huxley, is another study of utopia, along the lines of Brave New World. In this story, the people have forsaken traditional society to live in relative simplicity on the Island of Pala, probably one of thousands of small islands in the Indonesian area. On Pala, they are very concerned about children, raise them as a community so that the children are not completely saddled with their parents neuroses. They experiment with drugs (this is Huxley, after all) as a way to free their minds and allow new thoughts. They use limited technology (hydroelectricity) to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but have turned their backs on excess and corporate greed.

I think this is the story of the Others.

:nerd: :thinking: :nerd:

Bulldawgs100
05-26-2006, 03:55 PM
In addition to the two female roles, the show is also adding a new "hunk". Descriptions are: Female, 30s, with leadership qualities. Female, early 20s, very attractive. Male, Latino, early 20s, handsome, mysterious quality. My guess? These are some of the "background" survivors that Carlton Cuse said would emerge next season.

Next season will be about the Others, as led by the oblique Henry Gale (played by Michael Emerson, who will join the regular cast). Mr. Cuse listed what viewers will learn about the Others by this time next year: "Who are these people? How many of them are there? What is their history? What are they trying to accomplish?"

hi im bulldawgs100 and i have a LOST problem:( :D :o

pirate4state
05-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Bulldawgs100
hi im bulldawgs100 and i have a LOST problem:( :D :o LOL!! We've all been there!! :D