PDA

View Full Version : American Idol...who is it gonna be??

Ranger Mom
05-24-2006, 09:40 AM
I gotta go with Taylor myself!

On another AI note...did anyone see where Carrie Underwood won "Single of the year" and "New female vocalist" on the AMC awards last night??

I just about fell out of my chair laughing when Reba McIntyre said, "if Natalie Maines can sing with her foot in her mouth, I can get through hosting this show"!!

THAT was funny!!:D

CHS_CG
05-24-2006, 09:42 AM
MY SUPPORT GOES FOR TAYLOR. I thought he did the best last night and i voted for about an hour straight lol..my phones were dead or I woulda kept voting lol

AggieJohn
05-24-2006, 09:42 AM
carrie is supposed sing tonight, as well as clay

pirate44
05-24-2006, 09:43 AM
i havent watched a single episode (of any season) but i guess they pick the girl. seems if there's a girl involved, they pick the girl.

Phil C
05-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i havent watched a single episode (of any season) but i guess they pick the girl. seems if there's a girl involved, they pick the girl.

Right you are pirate! I have said that all along that a girl would win.

CHS_CG
05-24-2006, 09:46 AM
If they pick the girl it shows half of America has no taste in music... oh wait they already have proved that by voting off Chris!

raider red 2000
gy haired guys in their 20's are not idols.

CHICK WINS

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by pirate44

Geez, why did you vote?...there goes the integrity of my poll!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

I agree, that is how it has been in the past....but the general public hasn't seemed to embrace Kat like they have other female contestants in the past.

She comes across as aloof and arrogant to lots of people!

BlueBlood
05-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
gy haired guys in their 20's are not idols.

CHICK WINS

Good point.

Ranger Mom
05-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
If they pick the girl it shows half of America has no taste in music... oh wait they already have proved that by voting off Chris!

OMG T...I cannot believe you actually said that!

Kat may not be my favorite, but you can't deny the fact that the girl has an awesome voice!!

CHS_CG
05-24-2006, 09:49 AM
since when have you known me to hold my tongue when stating something i feel.. lol.. except for tellin your son how it is.. im just scared of him! lol.. she can sing but not only does she come off arrogant.. when shes on the floor singing she looks like a .... *insert garden tool*

Ranger Mom
05-24-2006, 09:53 AM
since when have you known me to hold my tongue when stating something i feel.. lol.. except for tellin your son how it is.. im just scared of him! lol.. she can sing but not only does she come off arrogant.. when shes on the floor singing she looks like a .... *insert garden tool*

Your post said "If she wins it means half of America has no taste in music"....her being arrogant has nothing to do with how well she sings....the girl can SING!

Now....I didn't think Constantine could sing that well, nor did I think he was that cute either.....some on here (who shall remain nameless) thought he was "ALL THAT"!! :p :p

Different strokes for different folks, I guess!!:D :inlove: :kiss:

CHS_CG
05-24-2006, 09:55 AM
she can sing... but Taylor can sing better lol.... I wonder who thought Constantie was all that...he was pretty cute and could sing though.. I would have to agree:inlove:

Ranger Mom
05-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I wonder who thought Constantie was all that...he was pretty cute and could sing though.. I would have to agree:inlove:

I wonder!!:hand: :rolleyes:

DaHop72
05-24-2006, 09:57 AM
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

pirate44
05-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Geez, why did you vote?...there goes the integrity of my poll!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

I agree, that is how it has been in the past....but the general public hasn't seemed to embrace Kat like they have other female contestants in the past.

She comes across as aloof and arrogant to lots of people!
i didnt vote. i just posted my thoughts. id never screw up a poll.. im a decent poster

CHS_CG
05-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I wonder!!:hand: :rolleyes:

:eyetwitch :eyetwitch

EricDraven
05-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Voted for Kat! Still think Chris shoulda won.:mad:

Ranger Mom
05-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by EricDraven
Still think Chris shoulda won.:mad:

Agree 100%!!!

3afan
05-24-2006, 11:19 AM
you left out a choice in your poll - the sure winner

Ranger Mom
05-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
you left out a choice in your poll - the sure winner

huh??:(

Bull's-eye
05-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Like Raider Red 2000 posted, Taylor doesn't have the look of an idol. He doesn't dance or move very well and I'm tired of hearing "soul patrol". He does a great job singing songs and sounding like the original artists. Kat has the looks and she has an awesome voice. She doesn't always select the right songs, but her potential is much greater at becoming a star.

I also had Chris rated ahead of Taylor. The judges seem to want Taylor, but I can't picture him being an American Idol.

Ranger Mom
05-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Like Raider Red 2000 posted, Taylor doesn't have the look of an idol. He doesn't dance or move very well and I'm tired of hearing "soul patrol". He does a great job singing songs and sounding like the original artists. Kat has the looks and she has an awesome voice. She doesn't always select the right songs, but her potential is much greater at becoming a star.

I also had Chris rated ahead of Taylor. The judges seem to want Taylor, but I can't picture him being an American Idol.

It will be interesting to see what happens...the downlow poll is the ONLY poll I have seen so far that puts Kat ahead of Taylor!

Blastoderm55
05-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Fiancee voted all last night on two phones for Taylor. Taylor represents a rags to riches story, which is what American Idol should be, whereas Kat winning would just be a rich to richer story. That guy singing in the bar shall be the new American Idol though it should have been Elliot .

Ranger Mom
05-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Fiancee voted all last night on two phones for Taylor. Taylor represents a rags to riches story, which is what American Idol should be, whereas Kat winning would just be a rich to richer story. That guy singing in the bar shall be the new American Idol though it should have been Elliot .

I tried off and on to get some votes in for Taylor from 8 - 11:30...never was able to get through!!

spiveyrat
05-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Taylor wins, no doubt in my mind.

Now, if Kellie were the girl instead of Kat, then I think the girl wins.

...and if Ginobli hadn't fouled...

wedo
05-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by EricDraven
Voted for Kat! Still think Chris shoulda won.:mad:

Duh!!!! If Taylor wins how many people will actually buy his album? Not me!!! I think that he sings could when he sings old songs like Elvis!! I don't think he will make it big, maybe just 1 hit and then i think that he will fade!!!!!!

If Kat wins she will have to live up to the expectations of Kelly and Carrie!!!!!

wedo
05-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Amen!!!!!!:clap:

stangGirl2007
05-24-2006, 04:36 PM
I pick Taylor.
I can't wait to see what happens tonight!:D

BreckTxLonghorn
05-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Picked Katherine.

I think Taylor will win, though. And in two year, he will be headlining the St. Louis, Missouri Ramada Inn Bar & Lounge. He's good, but he just doesn't have a niche to fit into except lounge singer.

Ranger Mom
05-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Picked Katherine.

I think Taylor will win, though. And in two year, he will be headlining the St. Louis, Missouri Ramada Inn Bar & Lounge. He's good, but he just doesn't have a niche to fit into except lounge singer.

That's what people said about Clay Aiken in season 2...and even though he wasn't the winner, he is doing WAY better than Reuben Studdard!