PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs. West

Intensity
05-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Who wins this one, and in how many games?

injuredinmelee
05-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Wylie in 3

Cameron Crazy
05-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Wylie Bulldogs!

VWG
05-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Wylie is solid and better than West.... on paper that is.
West is on a roll and although they've got some talent I don't think they can hang with the Bulldogs.
Wylie sweeps 2-0.

GetRDoneStangs
05-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Is the dance hall in West still open? ....I think it was called West Fraternal..:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

It has been a few years... but the chicks where always GOOD LOOKING!:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

wyliegrad04
05-24-2006, 01:33 AM
I think Wylie will take this in two ... I really think the only thing that might hurt Wylie is the fact that Project Graduation is Friday night and I'm not sure how well our guys will play with like 2 hours of sleep. I guess we will find out.

injuredinmelee
05-24-2006, 04:20 AM
surely they will put Project graduation in the back of their minds in order to win a playoff series.

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
surely they will put Project graduation in the back of their minds in order to win a playoff series.

They will. My senior year we had a game the next day and all of the baseball players went home at like midnight. That gave them a chance to win some stuff without having to stay up all night to do so.

wyliegrad04
05-24-2006, 08:46 AM
no doubt they would put baseball first in their mind ... I was worried about sleep. But if they go home again like they did Adidas' senior year then I wouldn't think it will be a problem.

I just couldn't imagine not sleeping at all, riding on a bus for two hours and then playing ball ... seems to me like that wouldn't be good.

injuredinmelee
05-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Did we go to the State tourney your Sr. Year adidas??? Im assuming you graduated with Thunder, Tool, and Chunt right?

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Did we go to the State tourney your Sr. Year adidas??? Im assuming you graduated with Thunder, Tool, and Chunt right?

I'm a year older than them. They went the year after I graduated.

My senior year we lost in the regional finals to IP and Chase Wright. We wanted a 3-game series...they wanted 1 game (duh!) and got it. We played them in Graham. We Lost 3-2 if memory serves me right. Kent Foster gave up 2 runs in the 1st but none after that...and we were being no-hit into the 7th inning but were able to push across two runs somehow to force extra innings. We lost it in 8 or 9 innings (I think it was 9). They went to state in baseball the next year before running into Phil C's "UT Baseball Man Crush" and the Sinton Pirates and lost 4-1 in the semifinals:
http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/txvl6s24.jpg

injuredinmelee
05-24-2006, 09:53 AM
I was at that game also. Chase pitched one heck of a game. The next year we lost in the semis to Alaniz and the Pirates. I think we might hae gotten to him more than anyone else had that year but we just couldnt control the errors.

wyliegrad04
05-24-2006, 10:00 AM
I remember that game in Austin ... it was my first Wylie baseball game to ever watch. Good game ... just couldn't get anything going.

maybe we'll be back there this year.

VWG
05-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Chase Wright could bring it. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to climb out of Single A ball yet, but he is still with the Yankees organization. The team that originally drafted him out of IP High School.