PDA

View Full Version : Foul on Genobli

3afan
05-23-2006, 03:15 PM
pretty obvious - even the pic on the front page of the SA Express showed a clear foul
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/fb118516-8a3f-4838-8d3b-b9d488aa66dc.jpg

Maroon87
05-23-2006, 03:18 PM
I didn't hear where anyone said it wasn't a foul, just a bad play on his part.

Phil C
05-23-2006, 03:19 PM
It probably wouldn't have happened if they had called the foul a few seconds earlier on Terry for the play that got him suspended.

Emerson1
05-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Ya phil this foul happend in game 7, the terry punch happened in game 5.

PurpleFreddy
05-23-2006, 03:26 PM
What is up with Dirk's facial expression?? Looks like he just drank some sour milk or something ...

Phil C
05-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Ya phil this foul happend in game 7, the terry punch happened in game 5.

Oops!

turbostud
05-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I didn't hear where anyone said it wasn't a foul, just a bad play on his part.

Very bad play on his part. Cost the Spurs the game IMO. All he had to do was let Nowitzki score and then take the ball down the court and try to win it on free throws because the Mavs would have fouled.

3afan
05-23-2006, 05:37 PM
yep -- SA radio guys were all over the refs for calling a 'phantom' foul just cause it was Dirk

SintonFan
05-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
yep -- SA radio guys were all over the refs for calling a 'phantom' foul just cause it was Dirk
Your point is?
Come on, you know the local coverage is always slanted toward the home teams.

schu1213
05-23-2006, 07:51 PM
It was clearly a foul and the dumbest foul I might have even seen. It did cost the spurs the game.

Txbroadcaster
05-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Your point is?
Come on, you know the local coverage is always slanted toward the home teams.

Your right they are TO AN EXTENT.but how the SA radio guy acted on Fox Sports was embarrising. We all know the refs were bad pretty much for BOTH teams..but I think most people can recognize that the Spurs had the biggest advantage when it comes to fouls in game 7.

Maroon87
05-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
It was clearly a foul and the dumbest foul I might have even seen. It did cost the spurs the game.

That's the blessing and the curse of Manu. It's all or nothing with him. I'll still take him on my team any day...:cool:

Maroon87
05-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Your right they are TO AN EXTENT.but how the SA radio guy acted on Fox Sports was embarrising. We all know the refs were bad pretty much for BOTH teams..but I think most people can recognize that the Spurs had the biggest advantage when it comes to fouls in game 7.

Which SA radio guy? Bill Schoening? I didn't see it.

Matthew328
05-23-2006, 08:53 PM
he was some spare from WOAI....

the guys on the Ticket had a field day w/him today....I so love the Ticket

this spare was lambasting the reporter interviewing him saying, "it wans't a foul, its an embarrassment that foul was called." ..then when the reporter tried to respond he goes "ohh you are just a Mavs fan the media is just Mavs fans,"

which was ironic since this "unbiased" media member had on a spurs sweater....LOL

Chris Hart
05-23-2006, 09:19 PM
It was a foul for sure. The thing is it was a STUPID FOUL! Let Dirk score untouched if he wants to, he's inside the arc, ballgame's over, lol. I know it was in the heat of the moment, but making that much money one would think veteran players should know when they CAN'T foul. Crazy...

lostaussie
05-23-2006, 09:35 PM
damn that was a great series. by both teams. in the end san antonio looked old to me. jmo. anyway manu foul probably cost them the game.

smustangs
05-23-2006, 09:58 PM
i agree i didnt want the series to end it needed bout 15 games cuz all of em were great

pirate4state
05-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Thank God it's over!!! :p :D

SintonFan
05-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
he was some spare from WOAI....

the guys on the Ticket had a field day w/him today....I so love the Ticket

this spare was lambasting the reporter interviewing him saying, "it wans't a foul, its an embarrassment that foul was called." ..then when the reporter tried to respond he goes "ohh you are just a Mavs fan the media is just Mavs fans,"

which was ironic since this "unbiased" media member had on a spurs sweater....LOL
Anyone who listens to "sports radio" just lowers their IQ on a daily basis...:p :D :D

spiveyrat
05-24-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
What is up with Dirk's facial expression?? Looks like he just drank some sour milk or something ...

Good way to bite your tongue off! :eek:

Phil C
05-24-2006, 08:33 AM
I wonder why they also didn't call a foul when Tim was fouled when he got that rebound in the last second.

Emerson1
05-24-2006, 08:40 AM
I wonder why they didn't call a foul on Parker at the end of of game 5 when he pulled down Dirk trying to get the tip, or at the end of game 6 when Manu bulled over Howard when he had the rebound.

Maroon87
05-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I wonder why they also didn't call a foul when Tim was fouled when he got that rebound in the last second.

If they had, Cuban would've gone bankrupt with all of the fines he would've owed over that one...;)

Phil C
05-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I wonder why they didn't call a foul on Parker at the end of of game 5 when he pulled down Dirk trying to get the tip, or at the end of game 6 when Manu bulled over Howard when he had the rebound.

None of this would have happened if they had called the foul on Terry when he punched Finley.

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 08:48 AM

Phil...BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!:mad:

You of all people should know that fouls are NEVER called in the last 5 seconds of a game when it's somebody trying to rebound and put the ball back up. If Ginobili had been fouled...it would be called. After that, the whistles go in the pocket until the buzzer sounds. Is it right??? No not really. Is it how the NBA has ALWAYS done things??? Yes so you have to accept it as the standard. It's worked both in your team's favor and against them many times over the years.

Phil C
05-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Phil...BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!:mad:

You of all people should know that fouls are NEVER called in the last 5 seconds of a game when it's somebody trying to rebound and put the ball back up. If Ginobili had been fouled...it would be called. After that, the whistles go in the pocket until the buzzer sounds. Is it right??? No not really. Is it how the NBA has ALWAYS done things??? Yes so you have to accept it as the standard. It's worked both in your team's favor and against them many times over the years.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 09:22 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

BE POLITICALLY CORRECT AND I WILL!!! :flamingma