PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs Everman (predictions based on some sort of knowledge)

SWTdawg
12-09-2002, 12:13 PM
Ok guys, this is the final showdown for high school football. All of us talking about who is going to take it all this year and here we are. Burnet and Everman seem to have huge offensive production and both defenses seem spectacular. Burnet will have an edge in this game after coming off a ridiculous victory against Jasper (whom nobody away from Burnet thought we would beat) and an impressive 14-0 record. If we can do it to Jasper, we can do it to Everman.

During that game we committed only three penalties and we never had a turnover. That is mistake free football that we have been posting all year long along with superb handling of Jasper's offense and defense.

Everman on the other hand does have the advantage of being last year's state champs and an explosive running game. However it seems they don't pass the ball much (making them one-dimensional) and they commit more mental mistakes than Burnet. Last week they just edged out a victory over Forney although they had over 300 rushing yards. They only had 7 passing yards and committed 8 penalties. Also, they committed 2 interceptions and 4 fumbles, 2 of which they lost. If they perform like this against Burnet, watch out.

After this I will go on a limb and say Burnet will be victorious.

Burnet 28
Everman 14

DawgFan91
12-09-2002, 12:40 PM
I haven't seen Everman play, but I will say this. You will not see DB's looking at the sideline while the ball is being snapped, running into each other, double-covering one receiver while another runs wide open down the field, etc... like you did against Jasper. Everman will probably zone up some and play man to try and confuse the QB and WR's. Jasper has history of pathetic secondary play. Everybody thought Jasper would beat Bay City last year and Bay City came out and passed all over them. I think it will be close and very similar to the Sinton/Burnet game and I feel the same way as you that turnovers will decide it and Burnet seems to be very capable of controlling the ball.

My prediction is Burnet, 21-20.

jason
12-09-2002, 01:05 PM
Everman 34
Burnet 17

SWTdawg
12-09-2002, 03:28 PM
now where do you get off saying 34 - 17 Everman. Seriously now, give some kind of meaning behind your predictions or else you will be thought of as someone who knows nothing about everthing.

pakrat
12-09-2002, 06:51 PM
Burnet will not kick all their extra points. Everman will score and make a higher percentage of extra points. Burnet will not score as many TD's as last week because Everman will slow down the tempo of the game with more running plays and eat up the clock. Everman will have at least one turnover that will help Burnet. Burnet stays cool and doesn't fumble but throws at least one interception. Everman will have better pass coverage than Jasper did. Burnet's quarterback will have to have a game at least equal to his Jasper performance (not in yds passing, but in reading defenses). Burnet 32, Everman 21

eye of the tiger
12-09-2002, 07:02 PM
I think maybe Burnet, after the win with Jasper, may experince a let down. Hard to stay that emotionally high two weeks in a row. Everman is the champ until someone takes it away. Everman found out somethings about themselves in the Forney game. They can come from behind and they can win the close ones. I say Everman 20-17.

everman_guy
12-09-2002, 07:12 PM
To clear up misconception, or to give you a little bit more knowledge. Everman is not one dimensional. The passing numbers aren't large, but they have a very effective passing game. QB Michael Benton had his worst game of his career Saturday, but in his 2 year career he has thrown 32 touchdown passes, and 5 intereceptions. The main reason Everman doesn't pass is because they don't have to. They average over 10 yards a carry, on 440 something carries. They have also not had to pass the ball in the second half of 9 or 10 games.

Also if you line thinking you are going to stop our run game, it is hard to read as Burnet's passing game. They rolled up 353 yards of 41 carries, against a great Forney D. The counter misdirection you to death, and when you worry about that they go straight up the middle. You can look as lost as Jasper's secondary did against Burnet's receivers did. Everman usually doesn't make more mistakes than their opponents, and pride themselves on it. They had a rare hiccup against Forney, so don't count on that 2 weeks in a row.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2002, 07:41 PM
Everman came into last years title game as a running team and what won it for them the seldom used passing, the quarterback was almost perfect in that game. They will mixed it up.

But I'll stick to my earlier prediction

Burnet 20
Everman 14

With burnet driving in the last minutes to win it. they showed in the sinton game how they can step it up at the end of the game when they controlled the last 5 mins of the game and put the game away.

jason
12-09-2002, 07:48 PM
hey SWTfan aka SCRUB why don't you back off my prediction...I'd be willing to bet I know a little more about this game than you are giving me credit for...Good Luck Everman !!!

Road Runner
12-09-2002, 09:29 PM
It's hard to post any kind of prediction with these two explosive teams, But I think Burnet has an edge in this one, because of their run pass game. Everman has a good run game with about 4 or 5 different back's, But don't think they have a shipley.

Burnet_Dawg
12-09-2002, 11:40 PM
First of all my knowledge is very reliable because I knew we would beat the so called "Best 3a team in History", for who ever said that, and we did just not beat them, but we beat them pretty bad. Not to trash talk, but that is the truth. Now Everman on the other hand is going to be a different opponent because they like to eat up the clock with their good running game(which can be stopped by our defensive coach calling the shots) and I predict this be a medioker score. It's not that Jasper's DBs not being any good because they were, but it was our personnel lining up at the wide receiver position. We can tell that Everman is beatable so far with that 13-1 record, but who did ya'll lose to this season? My prediction on this score would probably have to be Burnet 33
Everman 14

Burnet_Dawg
12-09-2002, 11:43 PM
I mean for those of you that didn't get that my prediction is Burnet 33 Everman 14

surfspike
12-10-2002, 12:18 AM
Burnet will have to stop the everman running game to win... thats what they need to do. Bad thing for burnet is.....its hard as hell to do.

After watching forney rd 2, I realized that Everman had a BETTER running game than last year. This team is organized, (with the exception of 5 turnovers against forney). They definitely have size, hat one guy #78 is a beast. I think the roster said something like 5'10'' 340 lbs. I pity the burnet lineman blocking this guy.

My prediction: J.J. Jennings will own burnet and be the key factor in bringing the title once again to Everman. J.J. Jennings seriously looked like a mix between last year's forney RB Blanton and FB bryson brown.

This guy has POWER to go up the middle, and has the reflexes of blanton. jesus this guy is crazy. Good luck burnet. you will need it to contain this speed.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-10-2002, 01:15 AM
I just have two words for this game

TRACK MEET

I love a game with a lot of offense, and this one should offer lots of it. Wish I could be there....but instead, i'll go to the Midland Greenwood/Daingerfield Div. 2 Semi-Final game. LOTS closer! :D

SintonFan
12-10-2002, 01:40 AM
I think that what's so scary about Burnet is even with all their great skill people, their strength is the O-line. They play great technique and stay to their blocking assignments for run or pass. They have a remarkably composed team. With that said, the receivers run crisp routes and whoever comes out of the backfield does the same. The QB runs this offense like he was born for it. All this points to a great coaching staff to have prepared this team to get to this point. I think Everman and Burnet are similiar, but in different ways. Burnet can definately run but take advantage of the talent at WR's, TE and RB(out of the backfield). Everman can definately pass but take advantage of the talented RB's. They also have a great QB.
Both teams have great defenses. Both are speedy, talented and hard-hitting. This game shouldn't be that high-scoring even with all the talent on offense.
23-20 Burnet

Jacket2000
12-10-2002, 02:33 AM
Burnet comes in riding high in their first finals appearance and after beating an overhyped team. Everman comes in, unrattled b/c they've been here before. Besides, I seriously doubt that Burnet has ever faced a team like Everman. The longer this game goes, the better it gets for Everman.
Everman 32
Burnet 19
J2K

bulldog65
12-10-2002, 07:10 AM
Road Runner:
It's hard to post any kind of prediction with these two explosive teams, But I think Burnet has an edge in this one, because of their run pass game. Everman has a good run game with about 4 or 5 different back's, But don't think they have a shipley.I think Jonathan Harrell matches up quite nicely vs Shipley, but in different ways. He is definitley the most dangerous Punt/Kickoff return man I have ever seen. I doubt if Shipley is faster than him. He is an awsome pass defender, and reciever in his own right. He just doesn't get many passes thrown his way due to the power running attack , however on the reverse he has racked up a lot of yardage. Words can't describe his two point conversion run against Forney, they strung the play out to the sideline, and all of a sudden the jets fired off and he was in the endzone.J.J. Jennings won't be denied running style is complimented very nicely by Theo Miller around the corner, or does Benton keep on the option and go upfield? Burnets D will have their hands full.

sinton66
12-10-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by SWTdog:
Burnet will have an edge in this game after coming off a ridiculous victory against Jasper (whom nobody away from Burnet thought we would beat) and an impressive 14-0 record. If we can do it to Jasper, we can do it to Everman.
I take exception to this statement. It is BS to say nobody outside of Burnet thought this was possible. I predicted weeks ago that the Burnet/Sinton winner would do this, as did several others. I said Jasper was over-rated. Trust me on this, do not even attempt to compare Jasper to Everman. You guys are on the verge of a tremendous accomplishment, beating two quality programs in a row. The third is within reach, but if you're thinking it will be as easy as Jasper, you are dead wrong, my friend. Everman will give you guys the game of your lives. I know this from experience.

89Dawg
12-10-2002, 10:47 AM
Well I must say that being Jasper Grad, the Crow tasted like sh**, but that is why it was on the menu. I was thoroughly impressed with the passing show that Burnet put on.
But I wasn't realy impressed with some of their tackling. I think this will come down to how good the Everman DB's are, and how well Burnet's defense can handle Everman's running.
None of that has yet to be seen, but if both area's are a mismatch, this could be a high scoring shootout. If it is lopsided to one side I think the score will show it, and if they can match up well in those area's it will be a nail biter that may be in Everman's favor due the the kicking games. Good luck to both sides, I'm sure you'll represent 3A well. I don't think 4A would want any of what going to be happening at the AlamoDome Saturday!

HotDawg89
12-10-2002, 11:16 AM
I predict Burnet over Everman, not just because I am from Burnet. I do think it will be a close game, probably coming down to the last seconds on the clock.

Burnet appears to have had a more difficult ride to get to where they are. Take a look at Everman's season. . .

http://dallasnews.statsonline.com/football/02/stats/stand97.shtm

Most of the teams they played had "not so great records" The only team with a strong record, Kennendale, beat them. Burnet has played some tough opponents, with better records... Bandera, is still in the playoffs, we played Marlin who recently lost to Bellville, Austin Reagan, and Liberty Hill who had a perfect record until their loss to us on game 10 of the season, and did pretty well in the playoffs... we have had more competition and have faired pretty well I'd say.

I wasn't as impressed by Jasper as I was by Sinton. Sinton and Marlin gave Burnet the best games of the season. Sinton was a far stronger team than Jasper.

I don't see Burnet on a "high" as another poster put it. Burnet has won 14 straight games and are pretty high about that. We were more high about beating Sinton than we were about Jasper.

Burnet knows Everman is a tough team- they wouldn't be here if they weren't, but I still say Burnet over Everman.

Matthew328
12-10-2002, 12:55 PM
Folks this is the stat championship game..Everman has proven they can beat good teams...the argument of Everman hasn't played anyone is no more...besides Kennedale in the regular season Everman beat Lawton Ike...a team the size of a 5A school..they made it to Rd 3 in Oklahoma 6A playoffs...Everman dismantled a prety good Wylie team and then made a 5 hour road trip to Lubbock and whipped a Monahans team that was very underrated..then the Bulldogs turn the ball over 4 times in Forney territory and still manage to beat a very good Forney team that was 12-1 at the time...Everman has played good teams..Everman has been here before, they know what Burnet has, and they know they'll be in for a war Saturday

District303aPastPlayer
12-10-2002, 01:30 PM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
I just have two words for this game

TRACK MEET
I can say that I agree with TarponFan, this will be a high scoring, up tempo game.
Burnet 34
Everman 28

duckbutter
12-10-2002, 03:06 PM
This will be a war people!! Burnet will have to stop Evermans running game and Everman will have to find a way to stop Shipley and Co. Who knows what's gonna happen but it will be worth going to see.

BIG19
12-10-2002, 03:15 PM
duckbutter:
This will be a war people!! Burnet will have to stop Evermans running game and Everman will have to find a way to stop Shipley and Co. Who knows what's gonna happen but it will be worth going to see.Will be one of the best ticket to be had inthe state on Saturday! Hope everyone shows up loud and strong for their team!!!! Best of luck to both teams!

BIG19
12-10-2002, 03:23 PM
HotDawg89:
Burnet appears to have had a more difficult ride to get to where they are. Take a look at Everman's season. . .

http://dallasnews.statsonline.com/football/02/stats/stand97.shtm

Most of the teams they played had "not so great records" The only team with a strong record, Kennendale, beat them. HotDawg89, not real sure where you were going with this. You brought up their District, not their overall schedule. Did you take a second to look at the Overall Leaders tab, the District Leaders tab, or the Team Leaders tab? If not, you might want to go back and take a look. Everman is in the tops of all of them. Burnet will have to be focused and very well prepared (which I know they will be) to win this game. Great season Everman Dogs.

GO GREEN DAWGS!!!!!
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM!!!!!!

HotDawg89
12-10-2002, 03:32 PM
NO, I didn't thanks for pointing that out to me...I'll go take a look- (that page was given to me by my dad...)

Where I was going with it was that; I think from what I saw, based on the other teams records, Burnet has had tougher opponents with better records- that might not be accurate, just an observation based on the other teams records that I saw.

But I am going to take a look at the other tabs you suggested. thanks!

SWTdawg
12-10-2002, 03:38 PM
Does anybody know where we can get some season statistics for Burnet. I know the numbers will probably be amazing.

Thanks for letting me know how you all feel about the game. It will be a great one.
Burnet over Jasper

BIG19
12-10-2002, 03:41 PM
SWTDawg, I will have them for you Saturday. Sorry to disappoint. No need for more fodder on here.

HotDawg89
12-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Well, I took another look, and yes, they are impressive, but those numbers seem to based on their district play, and are in comparison with the teams in their district. . .am I mistaken?

SWT dog, Burnet's stats have somehow disappeared from the school's website, I can't imagine why wink
so, I'll have to go with the Big19 on this one and say you'll have to see tham Saturday.

Regardless of how stats compare, both teams seem to have amazing abilities- or they wouldn't be here now would they?

I am so excited! This is going to be one terrific game!

SWTdawg
12-10-2002, 04:02 PM
After Saturday guys, I could care less what the stats look like for the Burnet team or any other team because the season will be over, and Burnet will hopefully have the ultimate prize then. I will be there Saturday with a big following from San Marcos as a matter of fact to let them Burnet boys know they are the most amazing team in Texas. Lets win this last one.

Sidenote, Coach Shipley has only lost 3 games as the head coach for Burnet in the last 2 years (that is a 22-3 record). Looks like someone we know is shooting for coach of the year!!!

big daddy russ
12-10-2002, 04:12 PM
HotDawg89:
...Most of the teams they played had "not so great records" The only team with a strong record, Kennendale, beat them. Burnet has played some tough opponents, with better records... Bandera, is still in the playoffs, we played Marlin who recently lost to Bellville, Austin Reagan, and Liberty Hill who had a perfect record until their loss to us on game 10 of the season, and did pretty well in the playoffs... we have had more competition and have faired pretty well I'd say...I've got six words for you: Lake Dallas, Abilene Wylie, Monahans and Forney. They were all playoff teams. wink

Everman might not have faced the same schedule as Burnet, but they won the above mentioned games by an average of over 40 points per contest. That tells me that they take care of business when it needs to be taken care of and they don't play down to the competition. Burnet had arguably one of the two toughest schedules, top to bottom, of any 3A team this year. Everman, though, is the champs for a reason, and this is pretty much the same team that won a state championship last year. A lot of their studs are back, and I'm thinking that this is gonna be one heck of a war.

No predictions. I'm staying away from this one... too close for comfort. But I do have to say that I hope our boys from Region IV take it all.

<small>[ December 10, 2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

rholl
12-10-2002, 04:13 PM
SWTdawg....sidenote to your sidenote...Evermans coach 40-3 in past 3 yrs 13-1 this yr, 15-0 last yr., and 12-2 the yr before that. Point is...seems to me we have 2 coaches getting the job done!!!!!!

BIG19
12-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Great point Rholl. Two very good coaches with two very good teams. May the best team win, and with no injuries to either team.

HotDawg89
12-10-2002, 07:34 PM
I like the way people are posting on this particular question- nothing but class!

Good luck to both teams!

sntnpirate1316
12-10-2002, 08:28 PM
big daddy russ...
that could also mean they hardly ever took their starters out
do you think it wouldve been 50-27 at the sinton/la feria game when it was 35-0 at first quarter when the starters were in?
i predict a burnet win

topdawg
12-10-2002, 08:42 PM
im not to sure what the score is going to be but im going to go with burnet by 13.

SWTdawg
12-10-2002, 09:09 PM
Yeah, thanks for keeping it clean and to the point. Go green dawgs!

oldcat1978
12-10-2002, 10:10 PM
I really respect the restraint that the Everman fans are showing on this message board. I really feel that Everman played their 2nd worse game of the year last week and their QB was out of sync all night. If Everman plays the game they played the other 12 games I feel they will pull away in the 4th and win by anywhere from 21-28 points. I have seen this team play many games and they have only gotten stronger through the year. Take away a few dumb mistakes against Forney and the score is much worse. This team normally makes few mistakes or penalties and was very out of character. It has been brought up that they may have been awed by TX stadium and I have to agree. I saw them walk into the home locker room and the silence was deafening as they looked at lockers with the Cowboy's names on them! I guarantee that took their minds off the game for a while! They woke up the second half and played their game and it showed. I have not seen Burnet play this year, but I also have seen very few 3A teams with the overall talent that Everman has, as well as being extremely well coached. I predict a score of 28-7 or 35-14 Everman as they received a wakeup call against Forney. On the other hand if they continue to play like they did in the first half against Forney, Burnet will win by 1 or 2 touchdowns.

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-10-2002, 10:11 PM
All I got to say is it is going to be awesome. Be there, you'll see. Burnet by 13.

Matthew328
12-10-2002, 10:41 PM
sntnpirate1316

I challenge you to look at the stats from Everman's blowouts...most of the high totals came in one half of action...Everman's starters were out by halftime of every blowout this season...Everman hasn't run the score up on anyone...everyone gets time..I don't know of many 3A teams in the state that have had 18 different guys score TD's..

Chris Hart
12-10-2002, 11:18 PM
We all know both teams have posted some very impressive stats this season. The truth of the matter is though, that all of that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. The winner of this game will be the team that plays the most mistake free game. These teams are the 2 best teams in Texas in 3A ball. It is a shame that either one has to lose, but that is just the way it goes. The winner will win with pride, and the loser will be heartbroken, but will be able to keep their pride also, for this is the State Championship. Win or lose, both teams will cherish these memories and relive them over and over for the rest of their lives. Burnet Bulldogs, if you want it, go out there and get it. I will make my prediction a little later in the week. Go Burnet Bulldogs!!

SWTdawg
12-11-2002, 01:04 AM
My final score prediction will be as follows. Two high scoring offenses and smothering defenses will hinder each teams ability to score as often as usual but damage will be done.

Burnet will score early as usual with Everman scoring late in the first half.
14-7 Burnet at halftime
Everman will come out fired up as they have done in the second half in all of their games and score quick to tie the game at 14.

That is when Burnet gets focused and scores again...McGee-Shipley-touchdown. Burnet's Defense puts up their final miraculous stand as they have done all year at around the 10 yard line and Everman has a turnover on downs. Burnet makes a 6 minute drive to their last score with 30 seconds remaining making the final...

Burnet 28
Everman 14

(If we make all the PATs; I think we should go for 2 each time)

SWTdawg
12-11-2002, 01:50 AM
Just got some great stats from KXAN news in Austin.

Jordan Shipley on the year has
76 receptions
1664 yards
28 touchdowns

Stephen McGee on the year has
2722 passing yards
33 passing touchdowns

Very impressive, then you realize that they are both JUNIORS!!!
God help Burnet's opponents next year.

But lets get Everman first...Go dawgs

big daddy russ
12-11-2002, 03:26 AM
sntnpirate1316:
big daddy russ...
do you think it wouldve been 50-27 at the sinton/la feria game when it was 35-0 at first quarter when the starters were in?
i predict a burnet winMaybe, but as Matthew pointed out Everman scored most of their points in the first half. Another thing you have to consider is that their second-stringers are probably more talented than many teams' starters. This is a team that comes from an area where there's a great talent pool to begin with and couple that with the fact that the school has almost 900 kids (twice what Newton has)... that's a whole lot of talent on one team.

SintonFan
12-11-2002, 04:50 AM
big daddy russ:

sntnpirate1316:
big daddy russ...
i predict a burnet winMaybe, but as Matthew pointed out Everman scored most of their points in the first half. Another thing you have to consider is that their second-stringers are probably more talented than many teams' starters. This is a team that comes from an area where there's a great talent pool to begin with and couple that with the fact that the school has almost 900 kids (twice what Newton has)... that's a whole lot of talent on one team.BDR, I'm pretty sure Burnet has talent to match Everman's talent. Offense and Defense... :)

ballhog65
12-11-2002, 02:09 PM
everman-24
burnet-17
burnet will have to stop the running game of everman and that is almost impossible to do but they r human so it can be done but idont see that happening. And even if u do shut them down on the ground, they can still beat u with the pass.
Good luck to burnet i think they will need it!!

SWTdawg
12-11-2002, 02:58 PM
ballhog65:
burnet will have to stop the running game of everman and that is almost impossible to do but they r human so it can be done but idont see that happening. And even if u do shut them down on the ground, they can still beat u with the pass.
Good luck to burnet i think they will need it!!OK, so the real question comes out and it is, how will Everman stop Burnet? Great running game, great passing game, great special teams!!! If you shut down our pass we will run all over you(Sinton). If you shut down our run we will pass all over you(Jasper). Enough said...you get the picture now. Don't think that Everman will take this one from us.

everman_guy
12-11-2002, 03:06 PM
I advise people to not underestimate out defense. That is the last mistake a lot of teams have done. Everman will control the pace of the game offensively and defensively. You are going to have to do what Everman wants you to do. You can beat us, if you execute flawlessly. Be prepared to have to work you butt off to do it.

SWTdawg
12-11-2002, 03:30 PM
everman_guy:
I advise people to not underestimate out defense. That is the last mistake a lot of teams have done. Everman will control the pace of the game offensively and defensively. You are going to have to do what Everman wants you to do. You can beat us, if you execute flawlessly. Be prepared to have to work you butt off to do it.Ah, I see somebody from Everman is here. Let me tell you something, try not to get the big head on how your team is going to control the game offensively and defensively. That is what Sinton and Jasper thought as well and they were very awed by Burnet. We will execute flawlessly because that is what we have been taught to do, and every week we work our butts off in order to beat our next opponent. Everything we have done this far in preparing for our opponents has been right and that is a long time to have something go right for a team. What makes you think this game will be different? It is our destiny in Burnet to take state this year and roll over again and do it next year too. Losing is not an option!

pakrat
12-11-2002, 04:04 PM
If you guys have to eat crow, Jasper may have some left over. wink

whitley1471
12-11-2002, 04:31 PM
I saw Burnet & Jasper play, I also saw Everman play against Monahans, Wylie & Forney. If the qb from Burnet can go then I believe that Burnet will win. I just don't see them scoring a ton of points like against Jasper.
This is no slight to Everman having seen them over the last two seasons.
I was surprised how big both Jasper & Burnet were. I was also surprised how fast Burnets defense was. Not as fast as Everman's but they are pretty good. I believe that Burnet has the edge on offense, Everman in the Kicking game(Burnet's Pat/FG was terrible) punting is somewhat of a draw as are the defenses.
I do agree that Burnet's schedule has helped them in the playoffs while the 8 other teams on Everman's weren't the caliber of Lawton Ike & Kennedale.
And Everman has been there before but then Burnet is in Everman's shoes from last year. A great deal of underclassmen on a really fine team.
Just my idea's on the game.

BIG19
12-11-2002, 04:33 PM
VERY bold there SWTDAWG. Glad to see you are getting your studying done.... :D :D :D

BIG19
12-11-2002, 04:36 PM
whitley1471:
I saw Burnet & Jasper play, I also saw Everman play against Monahans, Wylie & Forney. If the qb from Burnet can go then I believe that Burnet will win. I just don't see them scoring a ton of points like against Jasper.
This is no slight to Everman having seen them over the last two seasons.
I was surprised how big both Jasper & Burnet were. I was also surprised how fast Burnets defense was. Not as fast as Everman's but they are pretty good. I believe that Burnet has the edge on offense, Everman in the Kicking game(Burnet's Pat/FG was terrible) punting is somewhat of a draw as are the defenses.
I do agree that Burnet's schedule has helped them in the playoffs while the 8 other teams on Everman's weren't the caliber of Lawton Ike & Kennedale.
And Everman has been there before but then Burnet is in Everman's shoes from last year. A great deal of underclassmen on a really fine team.
Just my idea's on the game.Great analysis, if you ask me. It will be a good game, guaranteed. Thanks

everman_guy
12-11-2002, 04:52 PM
There are people on here from Everman. I have been here since pretty much the beginning of the 3adownlow. Don't post much, usually don't have much to say. It is just getting interesting listening to all these people doubting the Everman Bulldogs. You are being read...TRUST ME!

Burnetbulldog1
12-11-2002, 04:58 PM
I believe this will be one awesome games to watch.
I've never seen Everman play but from what I have seen of the Burnet Bulldogs they have heart and soul in their team! This is a tough prediction to make but I think the Burnet bulldogs will come out on top and take the state championship home!!
Burnet by 14. Take State!!

Go Bulldogs
One Team One dream

SWTdawg
12-11-2002, 06:53 PM
That is why your coaching is not as good as Burnet's then because they need 3A down low to help analyze their game plans. Don't you send scouts???

sntnpirate1316
12-11-2002, 07:00 PM
swtdawg

sinton didn't come into that game thinking they were going to dominate both offensively and defensively
they came out there thinking that they were going to win(As any team does)but it would be a lot harder because the talent was even
im sure every week EVERYONE works their butts off to get ready
and in football destiny doesnt have much of a hand hold
yes i think burnet is the better team and yes i think they will win but also yes i know that anything can happen
i also would not advise people to make predictions about having 21-28 more points when you have not even seen the other team play
for real that is just ridiculous
jasper found that out when posters were saying itll be another shut out for jasper when burnet scored 40+ points
anyways
good luck to both teams!
(burnet over everman)

J.E.C.-MP
12-11-2002, 07:31 PM
I have to say, after watching Sinton and Burnet play, that Burnet has a stout team. They have a good offense and fast defense. I haven't seen Everman play, but I hear they are a good team as well. Looks like Everman is really hungry for another title, because they are back again....

Just want to say that I'm going to be at this game and it's going to be another ausome game. Good luck to both teams.....3AFootball Rocks!!!!

sinton66
12-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by SWTdog:
Ah, I see somebody from Everman is here. Let me tell you something, try not to get the big head on how your team is going to control the game offensively and defensively. That is what Sinton and Jasper thought as well and they were very awed by Burnet I can promise you sir, Sinton was NOT "awed" by Burnet. I will also tell you that you guys are gonna have your hands full with Everman. You can beat them, but if you are expecting to dominate them like you did Jasper, you are simply delusional. Everman has exceptional speed at practically every position, and like another poster said, you WILL have to work your butts off to beat them. :p

terrible-T
12-11-2002, 08:28 PM
this is addressed to most of the Burnet fans and media, I was a part of the 91 state finalist team that lost to lesser team in Groesbeck. Burnet fans and media are starting to get a little of the same attitude that they had heading into that game. we had just beaten the so called number 1 team and defending state champion Vernon, and then the number two team in state South Lake Carroll, anybody recognize that name, yeah thet won it for a couple of years after that too, and are now kicking a$$ in the 5a ranks. well the attitude going into that week was that we've already won the state title by beating those teams in the two previous weeks, oh, on the contrary. Groesbeck went out and handed us our a$$ and a second place metal, All I'm saying is previous acomplishments didn't help us at all when the clock was running out and they were kneeling the ball to run out the clock. Keep focused and bring home the hardware that we've been long overdue

T

proudStepdad#5
12-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Hello everone I thought that I would go ahead and place a few comments now that I have read 3 pages of very informative narrations. Russ go job and analysis on the oposition.

I have not seen Burnet play, but I have heard of them and the noise that they have been making. I would like to congradulate them on a job well done in the playoffs.

Now for the people who doubt Everman's ability to defend the pass, must have not seen Everman play before. They usually make most team one dimensional by taking away the pass with the scheme that the secondary run. Russ did a great job of telling everyone out there the type of pass defense the Bulldogs run. Please be mindful Everman has a very talented secondary and they are diciplined.

Everman wins this game with ball control and converting for positive yard on first down. If Burnet can not force Everman into long 3rd down situations it will be a long night for them.

Everman Bulldogs 28
Burnet Bulldogs 16

This is my prediction. Johnathan Harrell( my step son) shows up big on Special Team and at the safty position. Michale Benton plays a very smart game mistake free. Theo (Shoppy by the way Harrell's 1st Cousin) Miller rushes for 116 yds one TD. JJ Jennings will do all of the grunt work breaking for at least 2 big runs one in each half.
And last but not least Coach Keele calls a very controled game helping out the defense and keeping Burnet's offense on the sideline.

But most imortant of all Let's both Teams have fun and remember to "God be the Glory".

Good Luck J-Rock (Johnathan Harrell #5)

terrible-T
12-11-2002, 08:46 PM
oh yeah forgot my prediction

Burnet 12
Everman 10

lots of offence, not alot of scoring. both teams will move the ball but trouble in the red zone will prevent high scoring, could be fumbles could be d stands. Everman scores one TD extra point is good, and one field goal, possibly early in the game. Burnet scores two TDs misses an extra point, next TD, failed two point conversion, last TD could be late in the game, early to mid 4th quarter. remember all games expected to track meets end up being low scoring.

T

CHEVY
12-11-2002, 09:11 PM
T., I REALLY DON'T THINK THAT IT'S GOING TO BE A CLOSE AND LOW SCORING GAME. I'LL SAY BURNET BY 20. I KNOW THATS A REAL BOLD STATEMENT BEING ITS THE FINALS. BURNET HAS SO MANY TOOLS TO USE AT ANY TIME. THIS TEAM IS BY FAR THE MOST MULTI-DIMENSIONAL TEAM I'VE SEEN ALL YEAR. B.

terrible-T
12-11-2002, 09:25 PM
chevy or B

yes I do understand what you mean by a multidemensional offense. But, keep in mind that if there is anything that can quiet such a great offense is a team with a great ground it out/three yard in a cloud of dust type offense. You have an offense that goes 80 yards and takes 8 minutes of the clock and scores you tend to press a little. and then one holding call then a dropped pass your looking at third and a bundle, hard to get for even the greatest of offenses, and then you have to punt and might not get the ball back for a long time, maybe not even the whole half, that kind of stuff tends to make even great players press. when you face an offense with that kind of scheme every possession
turns into a critical one

T

espn1
12-11-2002, 09:27 PM
My prediction
Burnet will shut down Everman's running game. When you see them passing that's when you know the desperation is kicking in.
Burnet will pass if they want to.
Burnet will run at will.
Mason Templeton will have a field day if needed. Be ready to see more tricks than a magic show.
Burnet by 3 td's.
I'll make the same statement as last week. Let's see if I know football.

terrible-T
12-11-2002, 09:42 PM
well espn1 -

I hope your a great prognosticator. but I'm going to have to disagree with you because that is where Burnet struggles, between the tackles, they have great team speed on defense and can roam sideline to sideline with anybody, but their one weakness is the girth up the gut, they have none, and a team that is patient a willing to take 3 or 4 yards a pop will expose that. And as far as run and throw at will, probably a little hard to do against at team that has had as many shut outs as they have. I do agree Mason is a great threat and would like to see him utilyzed a little more often. But then I could be wrong and you could be right. Only time will tell

T

proudStepdad#5
12-11-2002, 09:45 PM
espn1:
My prediction
Burnet will shut down Everman's running game. When you see them passing that's when you know the desperation is kicking in.
Burnet will pass if they want to.
Burnet will run at will.
Mason Templeton will have a field day if needed. Be ready to see more tricks than a magic show.
Burnet by 3 td's.
I'll make the same statement as last week. Let's see if I know football.You must really be impressed with Burnet's offense and defense. And have a very low respect for Evermans.

CHEVY
12-11-2002, 09:57 PM
T., I DON'T THINK BURNET WILL KEEP EVERMAN OUT OF THE ENDZONE BY ANY FORM OR FASHION. HOWEVER, EVERMAN WILL BE SUPRISED BY BURNET'S EXPLOSIVE OFFENSE.

BURNETRULZ
12-11-2002, 10:05 PM
What everyone seems to forget about Burnet is our real secret weapon-Patrick Miller. Once a team thinks Burnet is all about the pass, BAMM, Miller busts them for 20 yards. Burnet 33 Everman-21

Goob
12-11-2002, 11:03 PM
Well this has been a very interesting thread to say the least. I would like to say that the everman fans out there should be proud of themselves when they DON'T go around saying that they are going to win by 2 TD's or more. I guarantee that Burnet will not see a better or faster team this year. Everman has great speed on every position, 2 RB's over 1000 yards, a quarterback that has threw less than 5 INT's all year long, not to mention a defense that has been great all year long with the exception of the kennedale and lawton game. They will probably have at least 2 linemen picked for first team all state this year. The only prediction that I'm going to make is that if Everman brings their best game they will win the game. If they don't bring it they won't win.

By the way how the heck do you get the smiley faces on the message????

BURNETRULZ
12-11-2002, 11:38 PM
I feel that 2 tds are fair. Sinton had the best D in the state and gave Burnet everything they had and lost by 12 pts. Either way, let's have a fun game, and God willing nobody gets hurt. wink

sinton66
12-12-2002, 01:05 AM
I don't think Sinton had the best defense in the state. They were good, but I guarantee you Everman's is better and faster.
And, for those of you who are predicting Burnet by 3 TD's, you didn't manage to score 20 points total on Sinton, what makes you think you should be able to BEAT Everman by 20+ ?

As for the smileys, when you are ready to post, look in the left hand column and pick from "Instant Gremlins", click on it and it's there where your cursor is. wink

<small>[ December 12, 2002, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

espn1
12-12-2002, 09:39 AM
I was giving my opinion about Burnet and offer no disrespect for an awsome Everman team. Be prepared for a new look this week burnet fans. Because you'll see some stuff you've never seen. Like I said there will be more tricks than a Magic Show.

rholl
12-12-2002, 10:06 AM
I can't believe a thread involving Everman actually has 3 pages. Even if Burnet has 5 posts for ever 1 for Everman!!!!!!!!

xstek
12-12-2002, 11:41 AM
I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, and I never seen the likes of the Burnet BullDAWGS on any high school football field. QB McGee has the poise and inteligence of Roger Staubach, back when he was that age...Shipley snatches balls out of the air like Lester Hayes used to do, but doesn't have to cover himself with stickum...If I didn't know better, I'd think that was a young Kevin Mack lurking back there in the backfield...and WHAT CAN'T TY KUHN DO? The question is not Can Everman beat Burnet, but CAN ANYONE? God has blessed Burnet this year by putting an overwhelming amount of talent all in one spot, and a coach who recognizes it and just let's em run DAWG-WILD...

I give Jasper a lot of credit for getting further past the line of scrimmage than anyone has all year long, and I hope we've had some practice TACKLING people this week, and KICKING POINTS. Give 'em a chance, it's a new skill....I think the offense will score once per quarter, twice in one quarter and two defensive touchdowns somewhere along the line, especially if Everman and gets stopped by that brick wall in front and throws out their game plan about mid 3rd quarter...that's an awful temptation for any coach, and it's always a mistake...but I think Everman will slip in a couple times for 14 points or so....my prediction Burnet 46/Everman 14...

and a big ol trophy sittin here in Burnet Texas!

BIG19
12-12-2002, 12:03 PM
xstek:
I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, and I never seen the likes of the Burnet BullDAWGS on any high school football field. QB McGee has the poise and inteligence of Roger Staubach, back when he was that age...Shipley snatches balls out of the air like Lester Hayes used to do, but doesn't have to cover himself with stickum...If I didn't know better, I'd think that was a young Kevin Mack lurking back there in the backfield...and WHAT CAN'T TY KUHN DO? The question is not Can Everman beat Burnet, but CAN ANYONE? God has blessed Burnet this year by putting an overwhelming amount of talent all in one spot, and a coach who recognizes it and just let's em run DAWG-WILD...

I give Jasper a lot of credit for getting further past the line of scrimmage than anyone has all year long, and I hope we've had some practice TACKLING people this week, and KICKING POINTS. Give 'em a chance, it's a new skill....I think the offense will score once per quarter, twice in one quarter and two defensive touchdowns somewhere along the line, especially if Everman and gets stopped by that brick wall in front and throws out their game plan about mid 3rd quarter...that's an awful temptation for any coach, and it's always a mistake...but I think Everman will slip in a couple times for 14 points or so....my prediction Burnet 46/Everman 14...

and a big ol trophy sittin here in Burnet Texas!Now talk about confidence??... Sure sounds like you are not even giving Everman a chance. I guess everman should just stay home and save the gas money and the embarrassment to the town and team. NOT. They WILL come hard and fast. That is assured. For a first post, this sure is bold. I think it will be more of a Sinton or Marlin type game and score.

Matthew328
12-12-2002, 01:05 PM
xstek:

and a big ol trophy sittin here in Burnet Texas!Like I said earlier thank you for the bulletin board material...LOL with this and all the ridiculous posts from another unnamed website some Burnet fans have managed to fill the walls of Everman High with their predictions! LOL

HotDawg89
12-12-2002, 03:11 PM
xstek:

and a big ol trophy sittin here in Burnet Texas!Um. . .wow. You have some, uh, great things to say about Burnet- glad you are a proud fan. But have you no respect for Everman? I mean, chances are, being from Oatmeal(for those of you who don't know- Oatmeal is just outside of Bertram, which is just outside of Burnet) you have probably never seen Everman play. . . and yet your confidence that Burnet will win by that large a margin leaves me speechless. Everman is not like Marble Falls, going 0-10 for the season. They are DEFENDING STATE CHAMPIONS. The fact that they are defending their title (meaning they have made it this far twice in two consecutive seasons) is a dream for most teams! They aren't willing to just hand that over to Burnet on a silver platter. It is going to be a real fight. This will be the most intense game we have played all year. If I am wrong, then the Sinton game will have been. I still predict a Burnet win, but we aren't going to just walk in there and expect Everman to roll over and play dead. Get a grip!

baseball10
12-12-2002, 07:41 PM
Everman will not come out and lay down. Everman's secondary needs to step up and make the crucial plays. I think Jennings, Miller, Harrel, and Benton are too quick for Burnet.

jrabbit02
12-12-2002, 08:21 PM
EVERMAN will lose to the undefeated Burnet. After they whooped up on Jasper.

crzyjournalist03
12-12-2002, 08:38 PM
I'm taking Burnet 35-24. They haven't had a stumble this year, and Everman has. In the state championship game, both teams are very deserving to make it that far, so there isn't much you can look at either way. I'm just going to go with Burnet because they haven't had a really "off" game yet.

SintonFan
12-12-2002, 08:57 PM
xstek:

and a big ol trophy sittin here in Burnet Texas!Are you serious? 46-14? Methinks someone has a big head. And I've been from Vegas to La Vernia, Brownsville to Borneo, Portland to Puerta Vallarta! LOL...
Burnet, its bad that EVERYBODY wants to jump on your bandwagon... eek! eek! eek!

SWTdawg
12-12-2002, 09:54 PM
I don't see what the big deal is... Everyone from Burnet is just voicing their OPINION on the game and its outcome. If you guys from Sinton were in our place you would be excited too and I would guarantee you that some, not all, of your fans would also have the big head just like Burnet has. Lighten up on the "big head" because that is what makes the game that much more intense. Both teams with extremely confident fans hoping they can beat the crap out of the other team.

sinton66
12-12-2002, 10:07 PM
You with your 43 posts know absoulutely NOTHING about Sinton's fans. You shouldn't comment on things you don't know about. Ask anybody on this board about Sinton fans. Please don't go assuming things.

SWTdawg
12-12-2002, 10:14 PM
You are trying to say you wouldn't be excited? I know you would, especially for the amount of time you spend on 3A Down Low. Anyways, I quote "some, not all of your fans would have the big head." Every town has them. I am not trying to put you down just let you realize that Burnet having a big head is not that big of a thing. Is a fan base having a big head going to lose a game. NO, the team having a big head will lose a game and that is not happening.

xstek
12-12-2002, 10:23 PM
Well, I been from Tehachapi to Tonopah, and now I'm settled down here in Oatmeal, yep, near Bertram, yep, kids go to Burnet, yep, we been sittin in the DAWG Pound, just like I use to sit in the DAWG pound up on Lake Erie and watch the BROWNS take on all comers. Columbus used to petition every year to get a pro football team, but the commissioners always said 'No, then they'd have to give Cleveland one!' Now I admit I have some partiality to Burnet, but I don't want to take away any credit from LLANO, LIBERTY HILL, SINTON, JASPER, or EVERMAN. I say Bring it on, y'all! Texas football is exciting on all levels, and we have certainly had an enjoyable season here in Burnet whuppin' y'all! Although we had some tense moments in Kyle Stadium with Jasper, and some of those big kids was pilin up some YARDS! Not too many people have been to see the backside of the Burnet D this season...now maybe EVERMAN might be the ones to break on through, and mebbe not...let's just see what happens. But whatever the score ends up, we're fixin to see an exciting football game, and these kids are fixin to have a lot of fun! I might of revealed too much in my last post about Mcgee and Shipley just picking seams apart, and Patrick Miller just tromplin people flat (sometimes they don't even know he's got the football(and sometimes he ain't got it)), and TY KUHN just runnin down quarterbacks like they was loose livestock on the road; but I'm sure everybody's scouted everybody out by now and has a good game plan to pick on each other's weak spots and take advantage of strengths. I wish Burnet had a couple more dimensions; we sure could use a Webster Slaughter type to run back kickoffs and score touchdowns, and I guess we'll have to practice kicking, and we sure could use some tackling practice, cause our opponents sure have been getting BIGGER and FASTER. But I think this team, this year, can win this game and get that little gold football and take it home for a souvenir...and now i got to mention the Burnet Band, which has been kind of loud, and sometimes makes it difficult for people near 'em to be calling audibles and doing sneaky stuff like that...and we do radiate a kind of power into our tired and wore out DAWGS and keep up their strength...and Yumpin Yiminy, it's JUST PLAIN FUN!

SWTdawg
12-12-2002, 10:26 PM
Wow...Are you sure you aren't from Kansas boy. Let's see how the game goes.

HotDawg89
12-12-2002, 10:56 PM
xstek... When poeple ask me where I'm from, I always say, "HickCity USA" But now, I'm thinking that HickCity may be a little further on up the road--like towards Oatmeal...

LOL!!!

Glad you're a fan- just don't make the mistake of under-estimating Everman. They are going to be tough for our guys to beat.

SintonFan
12-12-2002, 11:15 PM
xstek:
Well, I been from Tehachapi to Tonopah, and now I'm settled down here in Oatmeal, yep, near Bertram, yep, kids go to Burnet, yep, we been sittin in the DAWG Pound, just like I use to sit in the DAWG pound up on Lake Erie and watch the BROWNS take on all comers. Columbus used to petition every year to get a pro football team, but the commissioners always said 'No, then they'd have to give Cleveland one!' Now I admit I have some partiality to Burnet, but I don't want to take away any credit from LLANO, LIBERTY HILL, SINTON, JASPER, or EVERMAN. I say Bring it on, y'all! Texas football is exciting on all levels, and we have certainly had an enjoyable season here in Burnet whuppin' y'all! Although we had some tense moments in Kyle Stadium with Jasper, and some of those big kids was pilin up some YARDS! Not too many people have been to see the backside of the Burnet D this season...now maybe EVERMAN might be the ones to break on through, and mebbe not...let's just see what happens. But whatever the score ends up, we're fixin to see an exciting football game, and these kids are fixin to have a lot of fun! I might of revealed too much in my last post about Mcgee and Shipley just picking seams apart, and Patrick Miller just tromplin people flat (sometimes they don't even know he's got the football(and sometimes he ain't got it)), and TY KUHN just runnin down quarterbacks like they was loose livestock on the road; but I'm sure everybody's scouted everybody out by now and has a good game plan to pick on each other's weak spots and take advantage of strengths. I wish Burnet had a couple more dimensions; we sure could use a Webster Slaughter type to run back kickoffs and score touchdowns, and I guess we'll have to practice kicking, and we sure could use some tackling practice, cause our opponents sure have been getting BIGGER and FASTER. But I think this team, this year, can win this game and get that little gold football and take it home for a souvenir...and now i got to mention the Burnet Band, which has been kind of loud, and sometimes makes it difficult for people near 'em to be calling audibles and doing sneaky stuff like that...and we do radiate a kind of power into our tired and wore out DAWGS and keep up their strength...and Yumpin Yiminy, it's JUST PLAIN FUN!I do think we have 'Toby in diguise'...
no offense Toby, but there are few actual writers here...
Nice confidence wink , again I say 46-14?
LMAO...
I have supported Burnet football allllllll year. Why? Because of the many friends I made from Burnet on the 'low'. But I think you are not one of the Burnet bunch. Just a bandwagoner who decided to jump onto a 'sure thing'. Makes you look smart, huh? You need to go back and eat some meal and look at your oats. LOL...
jus havin some fun...

SintonFan
12-12-2002, 11:27 PM
Burnet Fans, trust me, Everman will be better than Sinton. They will also be greatly coached. Some of yall are setting yourselves toward a great fall. You DO have friends here in Sinton!
And if Burnet changes up their offensive mix for this game? DON'T DO IT! :rolleyes: You don't need a bag of tricks to win a state title. You just need what brought you here. :) :) :) Alot of jokesters here this week...

HotDawg89
12-12-2002, 11:37 PM
SintonFan:
Burnet Fans, trust me, Everman will be better than Sinton. You really think so? I thought Sinton was just fantastic. Of course they and Marlin were the only teams that gave us a game the entire year. People kept telling us all season if we beat Sinton, we would take State. Then it was, "Jasper is so good, you don't know what you are in for- and they weren't nearly as strong a team as Sinton was! They were bigger, yes, but not as good. I don't doubt Everman is good, but it is hard to tell until we've played Everman who is better between the two. Not to be argumentative, but why do you think that?

Burnet Dawg06
12-12-2002, 11:39 PM
xstek
Scrub
Member # 2531

Rate Member posted December 12, 2002 09:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I been from Tehachapi to Tonopah, and now I'm settled down here in Oatmeal, yep, near Bertram, yep, kids go to Burnet, yep, we been sittin in the DAWG Pound, just like I use to sit in the DAWG pound up on Lake Erie and watch the BROWNS take on all comers. Columbus used to petition every year to get a pro football team, but the commissioners always said 'No, then they'd have to give Cleveland one!' Now I admit I have some partiality to Burnet, but I don't want to take away any credit from LLANO, LIBERTY HILL, SINTON, JASPER, or EVERMAN. I say Bring it on, y'all! Texas football is exciting on all levels, and we have certainly had an enjoyable season here in Burnet whuppin' y'all! Although we had some tense moments in Kyle Stadium with Jasper, and some of those big kids was pilin up some YARDS! Not too many people have been to see the backside of the Burnet D this season...now maybe EVERMAN might be the ones to break on through, and mebbe not...let's just see what happens. But whatever the score ends up, we're fixin to see an exciting football game, and these kids are fixin to have a lot of fun! I might of revealed too much in my last post about Mcgee and Shipley just picking seams apart, and Patrick Miller just tromplin people flat (sometimes they don't even know he's got the football(and sometimes he ain't got it)), and TY KUHN just runnin down quarterbacks like they was loose livestock on the road; but I'm sure everybody's scouted everybody out by now and has a good game plan to pick on each other's weak spots and take advantage of strengths. I wish Burnet had a couple more dimensions; we sure could use a Webster Slaughter type to run back kickoffs and score touchdowns, and I guess we'll have to practice kicking, and we sure could use some tackling practice, cause our opponents sure have been getting BIGGER and FASTER. But I think this team, this year, can win this game and get that little gold football and take it home for a souvenir...and now i got to mention the Burnet Band, which has been kind of loud, and sometimes makes it difficult for people near 'em to be calling audibles and doing sneaky stuff like that...and we do radiate a kind of power into our tired and wore out DAWGS and keep up their strength...and Yumpin Yiminy, it's JUST PLAIN FUN!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excuse me but the Burnet Band has to be loud to support the football team. I think that the band gave the Burnet Dawgs the little extra boost to win the game. If you think we are too loud then don't sit by us. :rolleyes: Good luck to Burnet and Everman! :)

SWTdawg
12-13-2002, 12:00 AM
SintonFan:
Burnet Fans, trust me, Everman will be better than Sinton. They will also be greatly coached. Some of yall are setting yourselves toward a great fall. You DO have friends here in Sinton!
And if Burnet changes up their offensive mix for this game? DON'T DO IT! :rolleyes: You don't need a bag of tricks to win a state title. You just need what brought you here. :) :) :) Alot of jokesters here this week...There is no fall for us because we are proud of our Dawgs regardless. If we win state, which I know we will, it will be a plus, but this is the farthest Burnet has ever come. Burnet is also a great team(hence number 1 in state) and is also greatly coached. Tricks or not, Burnet will come out victorious in all of our minds; I mean, why would we want to think otherwise...

SintonFan
12-13-2002, 12:10 AM
HotDawg89:

SintonFan:
Burnet Fans, trust me, Everman will be better than Sinton. You really think so? I thought Sinton was just fantastic. Of course they and Marlin were the only teams that gave us a game the entire year. People kept telling us all season if we beat Sinton, we would take State. Then it was, "Jasper is so good, you don't know what you are in for- and they weren't nearly as strong a team as Sinton was! They were bigger, yes, but not as good. I don't doubt Everman is good, but it is hard to tell until we've played Everman who is better between the two. Not to be argumentative, but why do you think that?Nobody from Sinton ever said, "People kept telling us all season if we beat Sinton, we would take State."
If anyone from Sinton ever said,"Jasper is so good, you don't know what you are in for". They were WRONG!

Everman just might be using some of this bravado to their advantage. I want to see Burnet take state. Just back up your town while respecting your oponents.

Why do I think Everman is good? I've seen them, man. They are gonna give yall a heart-attack if you take them lightly. Last year, Sinton beat BC 38-0 in the semis and had alot of confidence going into the title game. We were up nicely at the half. Everman won the 3A div. 1 title last year. They did it with class and never let up!
I think Sinton set up this years team to beat Everman. They went to meet and beat a team they lost to by 11 points, last year. The only loss for Sinton...
Everman, I think realized that and rose to a similiar challenge.
Burnet, this game will be your hardest game!!!
eek! eek! eek!
Everman IS no Jasper...

<small>[ December 12, 2002, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SWTdawg
12-13-2002, 01:15 AM
It's is official...

ONE MORE DAY! :D

Bulldog1990
12-13-2002, 02:06 AM
Burnet 42-14 aginst a run only team. I know they are fast but if we just pound the ball up the middle and off tackle, then every once in a while just throw one long to keep the secendary back we should be able to achieve 42 with no problem. When we get ahead they will start to trying to throw the ball which is not there game. Then its game over. Sound like Liberty Hill doesnt it??

spaniard
12-13-2002, 02:14 AM
Bulldog1990:
Burnet 42-14 aginst a run only team. I know they are fast but if we just pound the ball up the middle and off tackle, then every once in a while just throw one long to keep the secendary back we should be able to achieve 42 with no problem. When we get ahead they will start to trying to throw the ball which is not there game. Then its game over. Sound like Liberty Hill doesnt it??ok, you might hate me for this, but you know as well as i do that everman cannot, and will not be ever compared to liberty hill. number one, everman throws the ball more than once in a game, and completes the passes they throw. we have a stinkin great defense, but we cant sit back and think that everman is only gonna run the ball and be like lh. liberty hill was effective against defenses that didnt pick up on the ball well, like us in the first quarter of that game. everman will not be like that i dont think. they have a combination that has worked well this whole season, and i hope our guys realize that this will be no cakewalk. but on the other hand, if our defense steps up and plays like it has the last 3 weeks, this will be a struggle to see who scores last. the everman offense is potent and fast and effective, as is the burnet offense. the everman defense hasnt really been recognized as much as their offense, and the same was true for our defense until the end of the regular season. so i think that burnet will come out on top in this one, and ill say what i said before, burnet by 13.

Bulldog1990
12-13-2002, 02:21 AM
Spainard I have really liked reading you post all season but I really feel that 6 att 1 comp 2 Int are not a effective passing game at all. Our def will sut down the run and thay will get desperate and then we will sack or hurry that QB alot. Then more INT will play into our hands. Bend dont break

sinfan75
12-13-2002, 06:45 AM
If Everman can control Burnets passing game(not stop)and hold em to 20 or less,they win.To me one-dimensional is having one player that can make big plays.Although Everman likes to run the ball a lot.They have several backs that will make big plays.But when they pass it's because they want to tell you "we can do that too".Not because they have to.Both teams have several big play people.And although I'll be rootin for Burnet to win,I Take Everman By 6.The win title #2.

everman_guy
12-13-2002, 09:02 AM
Yes we all we ever do is run between the tackles. We never do anything else, we are so vanilla. That is a great scouting report....LOL. I guess you are going to be surprised Saturday.

SINTON81
12-13-2002, 09:21 AM
sinfan75:
If Everman can control Burnets passing game(not stop)and hold em to 20 or less,they win.To me one-dimensional is having one player that can make big plays.Although Everman likes to run the ball a lot.They have several backs that will make big plays.But when they pass it's because they want to tell you "we can do that too".Not because they have to.Both teams have several big play people.And although I'll be rootin for Burnet to win,I Take Everman By 6.The win title #2.I think Everman can hold Burnet to under 20 points. Sinton had both starting LB's out, Julian and Elias at about 75%, another starting lineman played the game with a cast on his hand/arm, (whitch I'm sure makes it hard to tackle). We were pretty banged up and still kept Burnet under 20 point. I don't think Burnet has seen a D like Everman's, if they are anything like last year and not banged up like Sinton was, they will be fast from sideline to sideline.

I for one am rootin for Everman,(I think I may be the only one on this board from Sinton rootin for Everman)

I say Everman by 14.

duckbutter
12-13-2002, 10:09 AM
If Burnet had a Qb that could run as well as he passes I would say that it wouldn't be a close game. However, since their Qb is hobbled and can't run Everman will play them close. I'm not trying to take anything away from their Qb because the kid can put the ball where it needs to be almost everytime. Burnet by 6

Fahq07
12-13-2002, 02:12 PM
i was at the Forney and everman game and i think if burnet can't stop the run game then Everman takes this one. But if Burnet stops the run and forces Everman to throw it then they have a chance. If burnets secondary is worth a flip then everman definitley wont be able to throw it. Going into the Forney game everyone was bragging about how Benton had only thrown one INT all year, then he throws 2 against forney. Thats just not very impressive. I'll take burnet in this one.

27-17

burnetplayer94
12-13-2002, 06:48 PM
DuckButter I guess you have not seen Burnet's QB. He can run the ball as well as throw the ball were ever he wants! Don't start saying anything about something you don't know about!

topdawg
12-13-2002, 07:29 PM
burnet 33

everman 21

thats all im going to say

29x281
12-13-2002, 08:39 PM
I think Burnet has the advantage of having faced offenses similar in scheme to Everman's, although those teams certainly weren't as athletic as Everman. Everman, on the other hand, has seen neither the scheme nor the weaponry that Burnet will showcase tomorrow.

But then we're all just guessing.

Burnet- 35
Everman- something less than 35

Burnet_Dawg
12-13-2002, 08:41 PM
Does anybody know if this game is going to be webcasted????????????????????????????????

Burnet_Dawg
12-13-2002, 08:42 PM
Does anybody know if this game is going to be webcasted???

Chris Hart
12-13-2002, 10:26 PM
Burnet by 3! wink

BurnetBalla06
12-13-2002, 11:10 PM
burnet by 22

Fish 06'

........ i havent talked n e mess

SWTdawg
12-14-2002, 12:14 AM
17 hours and 49 minutes to the start of the state championship game. I love this feeling!!!

20StephDawg05
12-14-2002, 09:56 AM
I totally agree with SWTdawg...
I wouldnt get a big head if i were you, it just backfires. Burnet is a great team, as is Everman. So best of luck to both of y'all. This is going to be a awesome game, and a close one probably...my prediction is

Burnet-27
Everman-21

Go Big Green ... :cool:

sinton66
12-14-2002, 10:16 AM
One final note, to those of you who think Everman is one dimensional. We thought the same thing last year. We were prepared to force them to beat us with a passing game. Well guess what. They did.
You can believe that Everman will be prepared to do whatever they need too. They turned the ball over three times in the semifinal against Perryton last year, then followed that with a perfect outing against Sinton in the final. Don't look to things like that for a possible edge. Their defense is extremely tough when it needs to be. Despite all the good things I have to say about Everman, I still think Burnet will win in a close game. I certainly could be wrong though.

Bulldog Fan
12-14-2002, 11:51 PM
SWTdawg:

everman_guy:
I advise people to not underestimate out defense. That is the last mistake a lot of teams have done. Everman will control the pace of the game offensively and defensively. You are going to have to do what Everman wants you to do. You can beat us, if you execute flawlessly. Be prepared to have to work you butt off to do it.Ah, I see somebody from Everman is here. Let me tell you something, try not to get the big head on how your team is going to control the game offensively and defensively. That is what Sinton and Jasper thought as well and they were very awed by Burnet. We will execute flawlessly because that is what we have been taught to do, and every week we work our butts off in order to beat our next opponent. Everything we have done this far in preparing for our opponents has been right and that is a long time to have something go right for a team. What makes you think this game will be different? It is our destiny in Burnet to take state this year and roll over again and do it next year too. Losing is not an option!Is it an option now?

BigRed01
12-15-2002, 12:55 AM
Jacket2000:
Burnet comes in riding high in their first finals appearance and after beating an overhyped team. Everman comes in, unrattled b/c they've been here before. Besides, I seriously doubt that Burnet has ever faced a team like Everman. The longer this game goes, the better it gets for Everman.
Everman 32
Burnet 19
J2KBoy jacket I got to give you dibbs on this one. You called it.