PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see another Triple Crown Winner?

TheDOCTORdre
05-23-2006, 10:32 AM
When Barbaro got injured this past weekend during the Preakness, it left us another year with out a triple crown winner. The last triple crown winner came to us in 1978, through the legs of Affirmed, but we have yet to see one since then, yes there have been some 11 horses since Affiremd to win the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness only to falter at the Belmont Stakes. Six of these bids have come to us in the last ten years, with Smarty Jones in 2004 being the most recent. So I pose to you the question "Will we ever see another Triple Crown WInner?

Steer Fever
05-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Yes we will. The reason it is taking so long is because their is alot more competition then back then more horses run in the three legs. Barbaro had a great shot i hated seeing him go down as well it costing me alot of cash. He was going to go on and be a great horse either on turf or dirt. He is oging on to liv a great life of sex now

TheDOCTORdre
05-23-2006, 10:44 AM
I am nearly convinced that racing horses have the greatest retirement plan:D

BTEXDAD
05-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I am nearly convinced that racing horses have the greatest retirement plan:D

The true thoroughbred studs have a great plan, but I understand that they use other males to go through the courting ritual (ie. foreplay) because it gets a little rough.
Those other males then are moved out of the area and are only allowed to watch the main stud at work. After a few sessions of this, they neigh and whinny with pronounced stutters.

BullFrog Dad
05-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
yes there have been some 11 horses since Affiremd to win the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness only to falter at the Belmont Stakes. This part of your post hits the nail on the head of why I don't think we'll see another TC winner. The KD is a mile and a quarter while the Preakness is one and 3/16ths. Then the Belmont is the last race at one and a half miles. Most of the top trainers get their horse ready for the KD and Preakness. Then they finish the best they can in the Belmont with it's grueling distance.