PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern soccer players issue an apology

TheDOCTORdre
05-23-2006, 10:22 AM
The Northwestern women's soccer team has issued an apology for "bringing negative attention" to the university" over "our alleged hazing incident", according to a report in the student newspaper, The Daily Northwestern.

It was the first time that the team made a public statement since players were suspended by thee school while it set an investigation in motion.
The newspaper's Web site on Monday posted a (supposedly) unedited version of the team's apology:

"We ... apologize for the negative attention, press, and controversy our alleged hazing incident has caused the university. We never foresaw that what began as a well-intentioned night of team unity and celebration would have such severe consequences, and we are embarrassed that our actions have become the source of such harsh criticism."

The apology came after a Web site posted photos last week showing Northwestern soccer players in T-shirts and underwear while wearing blindfolds. Some players had their hands tied behind their backs, and some had things drawn on their bodies and clothes.

"We fully accept responsibility for our behavior and understand the magnitude and severity of the current situation. As Northwestern varsity student-athletes, we take extreme pride in representing this school, and this incident does not reflect the values, integrity and qualities we seek to embody."

kaorder1999
05-23-2006, 11:27 AM
they arent sorry. they are just sorry they got caught! It will happen again!

Phil C
05-23-2006, 03:17 PM
They didn't say it would never happen again. This is a shame that it happened to such a great sport as women's college soccer. Things like this make it hard to convince 66 and PPHS Fan about why women's soccer is great and they should watch it.

LH Panther Mom
05-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Things like this make it hard to convince 66 and PPHS Fan about why women's soccer is great and they should watch it.
Yes, I'm sure that's the reason. :D :p

wedo
05-23-2006, 06:33 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing that footage!!!!;)

District303aPastPlayer
05-24-2006, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by wedo
i wouldn't mind seeing that footage!!!!;)

i know where you can get the pictures...

wedo
05-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i know where you can get the pictures...

Where???

kaorder1999
05-24-2006, 05:25 PM
http://www.badjocks.com/archive/2006/northwestern-womens-soccer-hazing.htm

kaorder1999
05-24-2006, 05:35 PM
am i not going to get thanks from anyone????

AggieJohn
05-24-2006, 08:47 PM
took me two seconds by googling this to find it

kaorder1999
05-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
took me two seconds by googling this to find it

congrats