PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Ticketmaster

Adidas410s
05-23-2006, 10:05 AM
I get lucky and get a few minute break from meetings...just in time to buy Mavs tickets. Well all of a sudden their website tells me that it is "temporarily disabled" and by the time it comes back online the game is sold out!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Emerson1
05-23-2006, 10:15 AM
I've been succesful in getting tickets for every round. Couldn't get any for the first game. I had one but I was waiting on someone on another computer to try and get one so we would have to, but then my order wouldn't go through. I'll try again for game 5

Adidas410s
05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I've been succesful in getting tickets for every round. Couldn't get any for the first game. I had one but I was waiting on someone on another computer to try and get one so we would have to, but then my order wouldn't go through. I'll try again for game 5

Yeah I've been lucky with the other rounds. I didnt buy Game 6 though because I didn't know if I had anybody that could go...I should have just put them up on EBay but oh well...:rolleyes:

Emerson1
05-23-2006, 10:26 AM
I was at game 6, hopefully I can get some for game 5.

Emerson1
05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
adidas did you hear about this?

Diop key at crunch time
Fill-in center has huge overtime after other big men foul out

01:00 AM CDT on Tuesday, May 23, 2006
By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News

SAN ANTONIO – It was a long night for Mavericks center DeSagana Diop.

His pride was hurt when he was benched in favor of Erick Dampier to start Monday's Game 7.

Then, when Diop got into the game, coach Avery Johnson and veteran guard Darrell Armstrong yelled at him for not showing enough energy.

With Dampier and Keith Van Horn fouled out, Diop suffered a broken nose on the first play of overtime while guarding Tim Duncan.

Diop survived it all and made several key plays in overtime of the Mavericks' 119-111 defeat of the Spurs at AT&T Center.

"Hey, I broke my nose, and I got a W, that's good," said Diop, who finished with seven points, four rebounds and two blocks in 10 minutes.

Johnson started Diop for a good portion of the regular season and the playoffs.

But with the season on the line, Johnson benched him for the veteran Dampier, then used Van Horn as the first big man off the bench.

"First quarter seemed long to me," Diop said. "I guess because I wasn't out there until after the first quarter. I thought it was halftime."

In the second quarter, Diop hit a basket to push the Mavericks' lead to 60-41. Then he had a block on Duncan and later two offensive rebounds.

Armstrong helped get Diop started.

"I told him to get that look off his face," Armstrong said. "When he walked out there he looked like he messed up, and we told him get yourself together and we need your energy."

Diop played four minutes in the first half and had four points, one block and two rebounds.

At the end of regulation, Diop hit Duncan's arm, and Duncan failed to get off a shot. Dirk Nowitzki also defended as the buzzer sounded.

In overtime, Diop suffered a broken nose when Duncan's elbow went flying into his face. But Diop didn't seem affected.

He blocked a Duncan shot, then scored on a two-handed dunk, off a feed from Jason Terry, to give the Mavs a 108-106 lead.

Diop grabbed one of the biggest rebounds of the game when Terry rushed a long jumper with one second left on the shot clock. Diop snatched the offensive rebound, was fouled and after making one of two foul shots, the Mavericks led 115-110.

At the end of the evening, Diop's physical presence on Duncan was noted not only in the box score but in the locker room.

Duncan went 1-of-7 from the field in overtime while Diop ended up with three points, two rebounds, a block and a broken nose.

"Diop came in and gave us big minutes," Johnson said

Adidas410s
05-23-2006, 10:48 AM
I saw him take a pretty good shot...but I guess I never saw any blood so didn't think anything of it. That is truly a gutsy performance as he came up HUGE in overtime for us.

Bull's-eye
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Keep checking, a lot of times they will release extra tickets. I was lucky enough to get World Series tickets on the day of the game. Sometimes the visiting team will return tickets that they couldn't sell. Good luck!

Emerson1
05-23-2006, 11:31 AM
I know before game 4 they released some tickets the day of the game, but before that tickets had sold out the week before.

VWG
05-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Ticketmaster is a monopoly... how that company is still around with zero competition is beyond me.

GreenMonster
05-23-2006, 04:29 PM
My Dad bought game 2 tickets today around 12:30.

Cameron Crazy
05-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Mavs will win in 5!

Emerson1
05-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
My Dad bought game 2 tickets today around 12:30.
How much did he have to pay for them?

GreenMonster
05-23-2006, 11:36 PM
How much did he have to pay for them?

$175 apiece for 2 in the nosebleed. I told him to take along portable oxygen supplies just in case he or the girlfriend were to get altitude sickness. :cool:

Emerson1
05-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Man he got ripped off.

and there are no bad seats in the AAC, the "nosebleeds" are better then 1/2 of the lower level seats. The worst seats in the building are downlow behind the goal.

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Man he got ripped off.

and there are no bad seats in the AAC, the "nosebleeds" are better then 1/2 of the lower level seats. The worst seats in the building are downlow behind the goal.

It's hard to say he got "ripped off" because that's what the market is demanding for them right now. I have been watching them on EBay all day. I do agree though about the lower level seats behind the goal. This year I went to a game and sat in 101 J. Fortunately we were on the aisle next to 102 so it wasn't as bad...but that backboard sure does get in the way.

Emerson1
05-24-2006, 08:38 AM
I've sat there once, luckily I think we got the tickets for free. I like the upperlevel center court seats more then the lower level center court seats. You have more of an overhead view and the crowd is rowdier up high.

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I've sat there once, luckily I think we got the tickets for free. I like the upperlevel center court seats more then the lower level center court seats. You have more of an overhead view and the crowd is rowdier up high.

Yep. I just got a great snag on tickets. I've been trying to get some "center/corner" seats all morning on EBay but they keep going off at $130 and up. Well I checked the website of a broker out in LA that was selling some on EBay...and I just landed 309 Row C for $120. The cheapest I had found at a broker in Dallas was 318 Row L which is in the end behind a basket...and they were wanting $130 for those. The face value on my tickets is $65 so I'm very pleased to have gotten them for below face value.

Man I spend way too much time just to get tickets for a game!!! :thinking:

raider red 2000
05-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Yep. I just got a great snag on tickets. I've been trying to get some "center/corner" seats all morning on EBay but they keep going off at $130 and up. Well I checked the website of a broker out in LA that was selling some on EBay...and I just landed 309 Row C for $120. The cheapest I had found at a broker in Dallas was 318 Row L which is in the end behind a basket...and they were wanting $130 for those. The face value on my tickets is $65 so I'm very pleased to have gotten them for below face value.

have fun.....too bad EVA wont be there....she is more fun to se on TV than Mark Cuban

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
have fun.....too bad EVA wont be there....she is more fun to se on TV than Mark Cuban

yeah...I just wanna know who that goofy old guy is that dresses like a fruitcake at every Mavericks game. He sits down on billionaire row and wears clothes that make Elton John look tame.

raider red 2000
05-24-2006, 03:05 PM
yeah...I just wanna know who that goofy old guy is that dresses like a fruitcake at every Mavericks game. He sits down on billionaire row and wears clothes that make Elton John look tame.

dont ask...he might like nice guys :)

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 03:08 PM
dont ask...he might like nice guys :)

and that's why I sit in the third deck. It's probably "beneath him" to come associate with the common folk!

raider red 2000
05-24-2006, 03:13 PM
and that's why I sit in the third deck. It's probably "beneath him" to come associate with the common folk!

i am glad you didnt get my little joke.

he might ask you out or something.

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 03:22 PM
i am glad you didnt get my little joke.

he might ask you out or something.

I got your joke. Me being a "nice guy" and him being an "Elton John guy" meant that I better sit as far away from him as I can...if I want to keep the girl around in the long run that is! ;)

Emerson1
05-24-2006, 04:35 PM

Hook me up, what was the sellers name on ebay.

Adidas410s
05-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Hook me up, what was the sellers name on ebay.

I bought from a broker out in San Diego...in the 619!!! ;)

I would call Metro Tickets though @ 214-373-0888. I got them to "price match" my tickets and got a buddy of mine two tickets in 308 Row L for $120 which is what I got. Call them...ask what they have...and then make them an offer. This late in the day you may be able to even get them down to $50/ticket. They aren't concerned with face value there. They will sell a $15 end section ticket for $70 and a $50 mid court ticket for $80. Then again...there are a lot of people that don't realize how bad seats behind the basket are. They should be open until 6 or 7 and are located South on 75 between Forest and Royal (on the access road. Let me know if they take care of you or not. If they are difficult about coming off their first quote (they were for one of my sales managers) then just say "I had two friends who bought from you today for seats better than this for $60 each so let's work something out and let you get some money for your tickets." It works every time...I know how to stick it to the (ticket) man! :thumbsup:

Emerson1
05-24-2006, 05:02 PM
I called and all they said all they had was sect 320 for $95 each, I told him you got what you got but he said they didn't have any of those right now.

Emerson1
05-24-2006, 05:11 PM
They said they would give me 2 in section 321 row a for $120, and that advantagetixx had 2 for $60 in 324 and 328, but we called and the guy at the addison office said not to do it because the order wouldn't be proccessed in time.

Emerson1
05-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Glad I called back again, I talked to a different person and 2 magically appear in 324 row c for $120.

Cameron Crazy
05-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Thats cool! Hope you enjoy the game!! GO MAVS