PDA

View Full Version : Dallas High Five

turbostud
05-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Got to see it for the first time this weekend. North Dallas has changed so much. Where are all the people coming from that live in Prosper, Frisco and McKinney? Frisco doesnt look anything like it used to. Even Celina now has a "subdivision". I have to get back to Dallas more often. I miss it.

Bandera YaYa
05-22-2006, 09:13 PM
DALLAS IS A GREAT TOWN......GO SPURS GO!!! :D

turbostud
05-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
DALLAS IS A GREAT TOWN......GO SPURS GO!!! :D
LOL, I bought an Explorer this weekend at Troy Aikman Ford in Dallas. One of the salesman asked me who my team was and I said Spurs. He was going to give me a Mavs magnet to put on my car but since I said Spurs he said I couldnt have one.

Bandera YaYa
05-22-2006, 09:17 PM
AHHHHHHHHH........THAT'S SAD....GO SPURS GO!!

KTJ
05-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Got to see it for the first time this weekend. North Dallas has changed so much. Where are all the people coming from that live in Prosper, Frisco and McKinney? Frisco doesnt look anything like it used to. Even Celina now has a "subdivision". I have to get back to Dallas more often. I miss it.

That High Five Project got done REALLY quickly. It was very impressive how fast they completed it.

Frisco will be the size of Plano when it's all said an done and the next boomtowns are Prosper and Little Elm. The people that move into Prosper, Frisco, McKinney, Little Elm, Corinth, et. al are the same people that want to live in Dallas but not "in Dallas." You'd be surprised at the number of folks from California moving to Texas.

Dallas has a goal to get people back into the city...living and working. They are doing a good job of it too as you see more stuff in Uptown and near the Victory center right by the AAC.

turbostud
05-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Deion Sanders' house is amazing. Kinda weird seeing a "big timer" in little ole Prosper Tx. My older brother says he has Sunday Services at his house so he can write it off of his taxes. I dont know if I believe him or not. He also was trying to get me to believe that Terrell Owens was born in the back of a Cadillac Eldorado since his middle name is Eldorado. :thinking:

DaHop72
05-22-2006, 10:46 PM
My nephew is an engineer in Dallas, he helped with the bridge design on the High Five.

3afan
05-23-2006, 05:55 AM
watching the high five being built was really amazing ... an engineering marvel in my mind ........ i read the construction company earned over $10M in bonuses for finishing ahead of schedule

Adidas410s
05-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
watching the high five being built was really amazing ... an engineering marvel in my mind ........ i read the construction company earned over $10M in bonuses for finishing ahead of schedule

I live about half a mile from the High Five and it's a very impressive road structure. I loving coming eastbound on 635 from Addison at night and being able to look at all the cars on the High Five and the Interstate Batteries building changing colors...it's just great!

spiveyrat
05-23-2006, 10:49 AM
What is the "high 5"?

spiveyrat
05-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Ah! I found it. http://www.highfivecam.com/map.htm

Adidas410s
05-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
What is the "high 5"?
The interchange of 635 and 75 in North Dallas.

You can go to http://www.highfivecam.com/ and watch a few live videos of the traffic if you want to.

This link provides pictures of a model from various angles.

http://www.urbantransport-technology.com/projects/dallas_1/