PDA

View Full Version : Top Recruit picks Texas over A&M

Buccaneer
05-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Top recruit Damion Jones picks Texas
By Mark Rosner | Monday, May 22, 2006, 01:27 PM

Highly touted basketball recruit Damion Jones has decided to attend Texas, his high school coach said Monday.

Mark Richardson, basketball coach at Nacogdoches High School, confirmed that Jones had decided on the Longhorns over Texas A&M.

Jones, a 6-foot-8 forward, formerly had signed with Oklahoma but was released from his commitment when coach Kelvim Sampson left Oklahoma to go to Indiana.

Jones is considered one of the 20 best recruits in the nation. He will be joined in the Longhorn frontcourt by an even more highly sought freshman, 6-10 Kevin Durant.

They will be counted on for immediate production after Texas lost forwards LaMarcus Aldridge and P.J. Tucker to the NBA draft. In addition, four-year starter Brad Buckman has graduated, and sophomore Mike Williams is transferring.

The 225-pound Jones averaged 24 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists his senior year at Nacogdoches.

injuredinmelee
05-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Hook Em!!!

Where is Williams transferring too?

Buccaneer
05-22-2006, 03:22 PM
I heard Cincinnatti

Johnny Utah
05-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Does not say on the UT website.

Phil C
05-22-2006, 04:08 PM
The word is that besides Cincinnatti he may transfer to Louisville or Birminham Southern.

KTJ
05-22-2006, 04:12 PM
A great pickup for UT.

I wish Mike Williams would stay but I also wish him luck in his future. The UT family is thankful for his contribution.

mistanice
05-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Does not say on the UT website.

Longhorn Fan,

Orangebloods.com is reporting a shocking change in the recruitment of Damion James, a five-star basketkball player in the class of 2006. The former Oklahoma commit was long favored to be a Texas A&M lean, and the talented James will be playing in the Big 12, but not for the Aggies.

For the latest breaking news on James' recruitment, visit Orangebloods.com. The news took a lot of fans by storm and will impact the power struggle in the Big 12. Who did James commit to? Visit Orangebloods.com for the latest information.

Geoff Ketchum
Orangebloods.com

hutex04
05-22-2006, 05:15 PM
OMG! THATS AWSOME! as late as yesterday they were saying he was a lock for a&m. I hope its true. This would make texas incoming class #1