PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park

Tiger Baseball
05-21-2006, 10:21 PM
OK where are you guys that were on here last week? Tell me what you know on Decatur!

injuredinmelee
05-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Go Tigers.
Any other districts with two teams still playing?
How many had all three teams heading into this last weekend?

RMAC
05-22-2006, 12:26 AM
They were talkin smack, but everybody has to "hype" up themselves and the team; It's good for morale. IP was a good team and played well, just not as good as they could've; I've seen them play. As far as Decatur goes, I watched about 2 or so innings of game 2 on saturday and can tell you that their I'm guessing #2 pitcher isn't good, so if it's a 3 gamer, ya'll might be okay. They hit alright, but didn't do too well off of IP's #1 guy I believe. Ask VWG, he usually knows a lot about all the region 1 sports. I don't think that GM made it down to Graham for this one, so yeah, talk to VWG.

neck_06
05-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Go Tigers.

the West Columbia softball and baseball teams are still playing.........it that counts.

GWOOD
05-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Go Tigers.

4-3A is the only one with two teams left. They were the only ones with three last week. In fact, only 4 other districts had two teams this past weekend:

Cameron Yoe/Hutto - ?
Barbers Hill/Huffman-Hargrave - 23-3A
Sweeny/West Columbia - 25-3A
Hidalgo/Valley View - 32-3A

Macarthur
05-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I was not able to make it, but here's the report I got.

Decatur's #1 is very good. IP has faced some bigtime pitching this year so that's saying something. Beyond that their pitching is fairly average. In the 3rd and deciding game, IP left the bases loaded twice late in the game and could not push anything across. Decatur had better timely hitting in that final deciding game. If Decatur's bats stay hot, they should cruise into Austin.

Tiger Baseball
05-22-2006, 08:28 AM
VWG, Give me some scoop!

VWG
05-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Decatur only has losses this year to two 3A schools. Once to Sanger earlier in the year and once this past weekend to Iowa Park. Their strength is at the plate and with their ace, believe his last name is Oates. Top to bottom of the order they can hit. Oates and Staley are 3-4 hitters and can rip it.
I thought IP would hit their third pitcher, Cangley, better than what they did Saturday in that third game. Not overpowering but just avg. fastball with big looping curve. Some of those IP hitters were reaching and not keeping their hands back on that hammer. Fulfer had a triple for IP in the third game, and other than a little opp. field duck snort by Rusk were the only two extra base hits IP had.
I think if you can hit with Decatur and make it a slugfest... or whoever you throw can shut them down you can take the series.
Iowa Park won their slugfest in the second game 14-10, but got handled in the first game 13-1 and Decatur put up 6 in the last game with timely base hits to pull that game out 6-3.
I thought Furhman was going to come unglued when IP stranded the bases loaded and no outs in the middle of game three. I thought Iowa Park would hammer Decatur's number 3, but it seemed like they kept reaching for the curve and not getting good wood on the fastball. Also..... if needed Decatur's ace will go in a closer role to seal a win.

Cameron Crazy
05-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
They were talkin smack, but everybody has to "hype" up themselves and the team; It's good for morale. IP was a good team and played well, just not as good as they could've; I've seen them play. As far as Decatur goes, I watched about 2 or so innings of game 2 on saturday and can tell you that their I'm guessing #2 pitcher isn't good, so if it's a 3 gamer, ya'll might be okay. They hit alright, but didn't do too well off of IP's #1 guy I believe. Ask VWG, he usually knows a lot about all the region 1 sports. I don't think that GM made it down to Graham for this one, so yeah, talk to VWG.
Well Decatur hit really well.And ip's pitching was ok!

bo612
05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
OK where are you guys that were on here last week? Tell me what you know on Decatur!

there top five to six hitters can hit the ball but they slow down to the bottom on the top of there line up you need to throw the ball down becaues if you get it up it can go a long away so just keep it down and there #1 is good but he will be done if you can jump on him early an dkeep it on him:clap:

Bandera YaYa
05-22-2006, 09:01 PM
GO TIGERS!!! MEOW!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!

RMAC
05-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Well Decatur hit really well.And ip's pitching was ok!

Like I said C, I was only there for about 2 innings, so I wasn't gonna have much in the way of an in depth analysis.

VWG
05-23-2006, 03:54 PM
by the way.... congrats to Drew Fulfer as the MVP of 5-3A and David Furhman for Coach of the Year.

Cameron Crazy
05-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I know RMAC.(This is wierd calling you by your username) lol but o well