PDA

View Full Version : i don't want to rain on anybody's parade..........

lostaussie
05-21-2006, 08:07 PM
but i think the mavs are done. does anybody really believe they can win game 7 in san antonio. i'll be pulling for them, i haven't give up, but i just don't see it happening.:(

3afan
05-21-2006, 09:38 PM
of course the Mavs CAN win ... sure they're underdogs, but they already won once in SA in this series

Chris Hart
05-21-2006, 09:52 PM
I think it's gonna be a great game like the rest of the series, and come down to the wire again. It's anybody's game. San Antonio has the edge playing at home, but home field advantage hasn't meant anything in this series. You just never know when it comes to a game 7. It should be a classic!:eek:

Gobbla2001
05-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
but they already won once in SA in this series

Spurs won twice :eek:

May be alternating wins in SA though :mad:

Actually I think that Dallas' lights-out shooting gives them a bigger advantage...

Though the series seems to be an offensive showdown, the Spurs' D has been better than the Mavs D (not by much though)...

The Spurs are NOT lights-out shooters like the Mavs, but have still been able to come up with stops and steals here and there on D to give their shooting a chance to get going...

But the Mavs can have ONE player guarded by Bowen, Duncan, a skyscraper, two Mc Donald's signs, five White Houses and 50 naked super-models and STILL make the shot hitting only the bottom of a net...

The Mavs have shown me the BEST consistant shooting I have EVER seen... someone tell me a team has SHOT better (not fast-break better) because I have never seen it...

Gunna be tough for both teams to win this game...

GO SPURS!

GreenMonster
05-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Have I mentioned how much I despise basketball? I'm sure that I have, and even I have been caught watching a little of this series. I haven't watched an entire game but I have caught bits and pieces of at least 2 maybe even 3 games in this series. That's more games than what I peeked in on during all of the regular season.

KTJ
05-22-2006, 12:17 AM
It's both possible and probable that the Mavs can win.

It should be another shootout tomorrow night.

SintonFan
05-22-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
It's both possible and probable that the Mavs can win.

It should be another shootout tomorrow night.
Possible? Maybe...
Probable? Maybe but maybe not...
Put those two together and you got a fight on your hands.
:p

Phil C
05-22-2006, 08:25 AM
los don't give up on your team! I want the Spurs to win but Dallas can win if they just score the most points.

lostaussie
05-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
los don't give up on your team! I want to Spurs to win but Dallas can win if they just score the most points. i haven't give up on them.:cheerl:i just think they have put themselves in a bad situation. but i'll still be pulling for them:cheerl:

injuredinmelee
05-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
but i think the mavs are done. does anybody really believe they can win game 7 in san antonio. i'll be pulling for them, i haven't give up, but i just don't see it happening.:(

I cant figure out who thge NBA wants to win. If you go by Market size then I think they coach the officials enough to allow the mavs to win tonight.

and if you choose to assume that the NBA isnt rigged then you have to believe that if the Mavs shoot well from outside then they will take the game.

44INAROW
05-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie

I hope you are right Lost...... one thing is for certain, it's been a great series!

EricDraven
05-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Well, good luck to them. Whoever the sacrifice is to the Pistons wont matter anyway:D

zeus63
05-22-2006, 02:00 PM
You know what the only good thing about basketball is right now? IT"S ALMOST OVER!!!

EricDraven
05-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Yes, soon it will be over and the trophy will be back in Detroit.

Phil C
05-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by EricDraven
Yes, soon it will be over and the trophy will be back in Detroit.

After the way they struggled against Cleveland it won't be easy. There are no super teams this year like Chicago with MJ and Pippen and Rod and LA with Kobe and Shaq.

Phil C
05-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Have I mentioned how much I despise basketball? I'm sure that I have, and even I have been caught watching a little of this series. I haven't watched an entire game but I have caught bits and pieces of at least 2 maybe even 3 games in this series. That's more games than what I peeked in on during all of the regular season.

Why don't you like basketball Green? :( :confused:

injuredinmelee
05-22-2006, 02:33 PM
I an tell you why i dont like basketball and it is because I believe that the integrity of the league is comprimised on a daily basis. There are different rules for every player. It ranks right up there with Boxing as far as being fixed in my book.