PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Pirates & Lady Pirates Continue the Winning Tradition

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 02:54 AM
How bout them Pirates & Lady Pirates!
Keep up the good work and bring home the GOLD

SintonFan
05-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Hold on there. The Pirates aren't even out the region semis. It's a little early to be having this poll.:p

SintonFan_inAustin
05-21-2006, 12:36 PM
should be who will play for the Region Title as both teams have a tough challenge this round

nexfan
05-21-2006, 12:37 PM
My vote is for Halletsville and West Columbia. Great poll!!! And region 4 softball goes to West Columbia as well. Honestly shouldnt your poll have all 4 teams left in the region in it.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-21-2006, 12:38 PM
yes i agree but i think he must have thought only 2 teams were left:D

nexfan
05-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Sinton will have there hands full with Halletsville. Probably a little different type of competition than the South Texas teams they are used to playing against. Hasnt Sinton played Falfurrias already this year?

SintonFan
05-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
My vote is for Halletsville and West Columbia. Great poll!!! And region 4 softball goes to West Columbia as well. Honestly shouldnt your poll have all 4 teams left in the region in it.
Did you see the time of the poll? At 2:54 in the morn methinks a few libations might have been 'in the mix'?:D
Believe me nexfan, noone here is looking past our current opponents.
I think this is gonna be a fun week with you guys!:D

nexfan
05-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Did you see the time of the poll? At 2:54 in the morn methinks a few libations might have been 'in the mix'?:D
Believe me nexfan, noone here is looking past our current opponents.
I think this is gonna be a fun week with you guys!:D

You mean a fun week because our hands are going to be full with Falfurrias or a fun week because you think Columbia can handle Fal? I'm curious for your explination.

SintonFan
05-21-2006, 12:51 PM
You mean a fun week because our hands are going to be full with Falfurrias or a fun week because you think Columbia can handle Fal? I'm curious for your explination.
Because our ladies play each other this week. Look for my thread I just started titled "Tin boot series". :D

pirate4state
05-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Sinton will have there hands full with Halletsville. Probably a little different type of competition than the South Texas teams they are used to playing against. Hasnt Sinton played Falfurrias already this year? Sinton faced Hallettsville earlier in the year at the Calallen tournament and beat them, not that that matters NOW, but to say that we haven't faced different types of competition tells me you don't know much about our program! :hand: Good Luck PIRATES!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Nexfan not to familiar with Region 4 baseball, but Pirates will have to play mistake free baseball as much as possible from here on out.

nexfan
05-21-2006, 01:02 PM
How often do you face teams other than ones from South Texas. You probably dont have alot of chances to seeing where you are geographically located. I dont know who ya'll have played...why would I. West Columbia has played South Texas, Central Texas and many Houston area teams. Are location allows us to play different teams and it lets us see different talents. Now I'm not saying ya'll havent played great teams. I know ya'll have. I'm just saying how many teams not in South texas have you played?

piratebg
05-21-2006, 01:18 PM
The competition only gets better from this point on. The Pirates have defeated Halletsville before, so hopefully they should have a feel for what they can do. Does anyone know the particulars(score, who pitched, etc) of that game?

sinton66
05-21-2006, 01:20 PM
We didn't play too many teams out of South Texasa in 1988, 1989, or 2002 until the upper rounds of the playoffs either. Didn't make a huge difference then.
(In case you didn't know, that's the three times Sinton has won the State Championship in Baseball.)

As for South Texas Baseball, there have been at least 7 State Championships in our area in the last 19 years. Falfurrias, Odem, Calallen, and CC Moody all have one each. Sinton has three.

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 01:24 PM
no i dont think its to early for this poll. im just confident of the pirates, and sinton has already beaten Halletsville during the preseason.You have to go with tradition 21 straight postseason trips and 3 state titles and 7 state appearences!!!They also comefrom a strong preseason schedule with the likes of calallen,ray,carroll,and the C.C. tx schools.Remember region 4 has brought home many titles,moody 1, Calallen 2, Sinton 3, Falfurrias 1, Orange Grove 1, Odem 1, Riviera 3.

p.s. I do know baseball!!! Were in the sweet sixteen!!!:clap: :hand: :hand:

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 01:26 PM
no i dont think its to early for this poll. im just confident of the pirates, and sinton has already beaten Halletsville during the preseason.You have to go with tradition 21 straight postseason trips and 3 state titles and 7 state appearences!!!They also comefrom a strong preseason schedule with the likes of calallen,ray,carroll,and the C.C. tx schools.Remember region 4 has brought home many titles,moody 1, Calallen 2, Sinton 3, Falfurrias 1, Orange Grove 1, Odem 1, Riviera 3, Robstown 2.

piratebg
05-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
As for South Texas Baseball, there have been at least 7 State Championships in our area in the last 19 years. Falfurrias, Odem, Calallen, and CC Moody all have one each. Sinton has three.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Reg IV has produced some great teams, especially in recent years.

SintonFan
05-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Just because Sinton beat Halletsville early on doesn't guarantee a win. Don't look past this team. They've had a full season to improve and look at where they are now. They have every incentive for revenge so don't look past them.

piratebg
05-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Just because Sinton beat Halletsville early on doesn't guarantee a win. Don't look past this team. They've had a full season to improve and look at where they are now. They have every incentive for revenge so don't look past them.

Very true. The worse thing that could happen is the Pirates go in the game with the wrong frame of mind. Any team that makes it this far must be taken very seriously.

sinton66
05-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Actually, I forgot about Orange Grove and Robstown. They have one each also, so that makes 9 in the last 19 years. Odem started it in 1987, I think.

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Reg IV has produced some great teams, especially in recent years. the sinton pirates are peaking at the right time:cool: :devil:

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 01:34 PM
odem won state in 1984 :nerd:

SintonFan
05-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by sintonfanseguin
odem won state in 1984 :nerd:
I remember that. That's when they put up that huge sign that read something like, "ODEM RULES THE WORLD " or something like that...

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 01:41 PM
south texas baseball is the best :cheerl: :thumbsup:

sinton66
05-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Okay, so that makes it 9 in the last 22, I guess.

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 02:08 PM
14 Riviera had 3 in the 80's:)

sinton66
05-21-2006, 02:24 PM
I think Freer had one back then too.

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 02:24 PM
freer also won state in 1990,they defeated Southlake Carroll 10-0.

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 02:32 PM
i'm sorry wrong score!!! It was 13-11.

big daddy russ
05-21-2006, 02:32 PM
How often do you face teams other than ones from South Texas. You probably dont have alot of chances to seeing where you are geographically located. I dont know who ya'll have played...why would I. West Columbia has played South Texas, Central Texas and many Houston area teams. Are location allows us to play different teams and it lets us see different talents. Now I'm not saying ya'll havent played great teams. I know ya'll have. I'm just saying how many teams not in South texas have you played?
The Corpus Christi area may be the strongest baseball area in the state. CC Moody's been ranked first in the NATION (USA Today) for 17 weeks over the past eight years. Moody's biggest district rival once knocked them out of that top spot and took Moody's place atop the state rankings.

CC also has the toughest 4A district in the state, year-in, year-out. Calallen and Robstown go deep just about every year. Most of those years, one of the two makes the state tourney. There's also at least two other solid teams out of that district every year, varying from year to year.

In 3A, you have Sinton's and Orange Grove's districts, and in 2A the Odem district is pretty damned tough.

This isn't football. Those "South Texas is weak" quotes don't belong here.

sinton66
05-21-2006, 02:40 PM
I guess the tradition started with CC King back in 1967. There's more South Texas Championships than I realized.;)

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks for backing me up Big Daddy Russ:)

big daddy russ
05-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks for backing me up Big Daddy Russ:)
No problemo.

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 02:49 PM
king beat abliene cooper1-0 in 1967.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-21-2006, 02:58 PM
yes lots of state titles for south texas but that dont mean u can say the region title game is a given for Sinton and Fal. They both can lose their game or games this round.

PhiI C
05-21-2006, 05:18 PM
It may be outside the covered 19 years but Kenedy won it all in 3A in 1980. I would say they are in the South Texas area.

nexfan
05-21-2006, 08:01 PM
no i dont think its to early for this poll. im just confident of the pirates, and sinton has already beaten Halletsville during the preseason.You have to go with tradition 21 straight postseason trips and 3 state titles and 7 state appearences!!!They also comefrom a strong preseason schedule with the likes of calallen,ray,carroll,and the C.C. tx schools.Remember region 4 has brought home many titles,moody 1, Calallen 2, Sinton 3, Falfurrias 1, Orange Grove 1, Odem 1, Riviera 3, Robstown 2.

First of all I would like to thank everyone in Sinton for the history lessons about every baseball team ranging from 1A-5A who has won a state championship over the last 100 years. I never said nor think South Texas Baseball is weak. I know its strong. We here in West Columbia ae rather new to 3A as well as region 4. We were consistenly in the playoffs in region 3 back when we were 4a. That is the Brenham, Nederland, LC-M, Montgomery, Channelview, Friendswood region for those of you who dont know, but I'm sure most of you do. This is who we played. There have been a bunch of state titles won in this region. I know Region 4 is a quality, talented region. I have no complaints whatsoever. My only problem that started the whole thing was the poll leaving out Sinton and Falfurrias' opponents.

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 09:27 PM
NO offense Nexman!!! I didn't mean to leave out West Columbia and Halletsville!!! It's just that here in the Corpus Christi Area Sinton and Falfurrias are the top two programs!!!:)

sintonfanseguin
05-21-2006, 09:34 PM
I know alot about Region III!!! Jon Peters and the Brenham Cubs in the late 80's were dominating!!! If i'm not mistaken they have like 13 or 14 State Apperances!!!

nexfan
05-21-2006, 09:37 PM
I know alot about Region III!!! Jon Peters and the Brenham Cubs in the late 80's were dominating!!! If i'm not mistaken they have like 13 or 14 State Apperances!!!

You can probably add another for this year! Beware of the howling cubs!!

SintonFan
05-21-2006, 11:13 PM
NO offense Nexman!!! I didn't mean to leave out West Columbia and Halletsville!!! It's just that here in the Corpus Christi Area Sinton and Falfurrias are the top two programs!!!:)
Then why don't you start another poll for ALL THE TEAMS that have worked hard to get to this regional semi-final level? To have a poll for just Fal and Sinton is very premature and comes off as arrogant.:(

pancho villa
05-22-2006, 08:47 AM
First of all I would like to thank everyone in Sinton for the history lessons about every baseball team ranging from 1A-5A who has won a state championship over the last 100 years. I never said nor think South Texas Baseball is weak. I know its strong. We here in West Columbia ae rather new to 3A as well as region 4. We were consistenly in the playoffs in region 3 back when we were 4a. That is the Brenham, Nederland, LC-M, Montgomery, Channelview, Friendswood region for those of you who dont know, but I'm sure most of you do. This is who we played. There have been a bunch of state titles won in this region. I know Region 4 is a quality, talented region. I have no complaints whatsoever. My only problem that started the whole thing was the poll leaving out Sinton and Falfurrias' opponents.

We only made it a couple of times back then!

stickandmove
05-22-2006, 09:25 AM
The strongest baseball in the state is not region 4. there is only 1 team in the top 20. However, with the way that coach gets his team to play each week, Sinton has a good of shot as any

You listed a handful of teams from s.tex who have won state over 18 years. Multiply that by 5 teams winning state every year. The %'s are lower than everywhere in the state except east texas.

Great Job to the coaches and players!

big daddy russ
05-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by stickandmove
The strongest baseball in the state is not region 4. there is only 1 team in the top 20....
When I said that, I was referring to just the Corpus area, and I was talking about historically, not just this year. The CC area has one 5A district, one 4A district (usually), two 3A districts, two 2A districts, and one 1A district. They . Compare that to ETX, Dallas, WTX, and the greater Houston area. The only areas with anything close to comparable teams year-in year-out are:

1. West Houston (Langham Creek, all the Cypress schools, and we'll even throw Brenham and Bellville's districts into the mix),
2. North Houston (Kingwood, Woodlands, Barbers Hill, Huffman-Hargrave, etc),
3. and East Texas (Lufkin/Tyler, Carthage, Hudson, Big Sandy, etc.).

Those, along with CC, are your perennial power areas in the state. Dallas and some other areas have some great baseball, it's just not as concentrated as it is in these areas.

pirateman98
05-22-2006, 05:06 PM
In my opinion it will be Sinton and Fal. for the Region 4 Title Game. Sinton will come out on top and make it back to State!!

Chooper
05-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Just to let you know there are only 16 teams left in the state in 3a. I think that makes the Region 4 guys left apart of the top 20. It doesn't matter where u are in the beginning, it's all about now. Not to say anything that might sound cocky but I guess when WC AND Hallettsville win ,100% of the people that put their opinion in the poll will just be wrong.

Bandera YaYa
05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
CONGRATS PIRATES....WAY TO GO!!! GO SPURS GO!!

stickandmove
05-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Sure there has to four left, two then 1 out of region four. It's called a tournament.

I don't think anyone will argue that getting out of Houston, Dfw, beaumont areas are MUCH more difficult then playing teams from the Valley or S.Tex. Thats why region 4 does not get much respect from other places around the state.

However, I think region 4 competes better in baseball,softball then they do in other sports.

Somebody has to go from reg 4.