PDA

View Full Version : REFS

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-24-2002, 02:11 AM
FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SEASON,TONIGHT WAS THE FIRST TIME THAT THE GAME WAS DECIDED BY THE REFS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLIAN TO ME WHY GROWN "MEN" WOULD PURPOSELY CALL A BAD GAME LIKE THEY DID TONIGHT? THE LIBERTY HILL PANTHERS WERE ROBBED! YOU REFS THAT CALLED THE GAME TONIGHT SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELVES! WHY DONT YOU DO THE REST OF THE TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS JUSTICE AND NEVER EVER CALL ANOTHER GAME!YOAKUM DID NOT NEED 2 EXTRA "MEN". YOU REFS NEED TO LET THETWO TEAMS PLAY THE GAME AND THEN MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN. THAT WAS OT THE CASE TONIGHT! TURN IN YOUR STRIPS AND STAY OFF THE FIELD.

spaniard
11-24-2002, 02:18 AM
i was there, and you guys really did get robbed. there were several calls that messed you guys over, one in particular was the interception that the panthers caught, and defensive holding was called on the defender of the reciever who was at least 20 yards from the ball. you guys had a great season, many of us from burnet are proud of your guys and their season. all you crazy fans were a blast too!! one thing i would suggest though, is to use metal containers for the noise makers instead of milk cartons, much louder. great job this season panthers, get em next year!!

PurpleEagles02
11-24-2002, 02:33 AM
There were also bad refs at the Newton/Marlin game. They were calling every little thing on Newton but they would never call anything on Marlin.

St. Ivender
11-24-2002, 02:51 AM
Congratulations to the Marlin Bulldogs. Several events during a football game decide the final outcome. You can never blame one missed extra point or one blown assignment etc. But fellas.... the Newton Eagles was robbed!!!! I'm not talking about the "non safety" call. That was a righteous call. Let the boys play the game and not call all those ticky-tack penalties that give one team (Marlin in this case) several second and third chances. Eagles hold your heads up high. The better team did not advance. Marlin, good luck the rest of the way and if you have those refs with you next week you won't need luck.

underware
11-25-2002, 11:22 AM
I was at the game. The Refs were bad. But..Yoakum got robbed as well. I saw at least three moving violations on LH when LH has the ball. These were big gains and one TD. It does go both ways.

Tiny
11-25-2002, 12:39 PM
Does any one find it strange that Yoakum is home team at the same stadium this week with the same crew of official? I didn't think much of it saturday when two of the officials were leaving and one told the gate man, see ya next saturday.
But when I heard Yoakum was playing there again it sure didn't sound good to me. Is this normal?

underware
11-25-2002, 01:35 PM
You don't have ta lie!! Amazing you were there right when the Refs were leaving? Anyhow? The Refs are a team as well. They travel together and do all the games together during the year. They are chosen and agreed upon by both coaches. I do believe CC West Oso had a few coaches there? If they agree with you, they won't see them next week. They may be doing another game?

Tiny
11-25-2002, 02:10 PM
underware:
You don't have ta lie!! Amazing you were there right when the Refs were leaving? Anyhow? The Refs are a team as well. They travel together and do all the games together during the year. They are chosen and agreed upon by both coaches. I do believe CC West Oso had a few coaches there? If they agree with you, they won't see them next week. They may be doing another game?Now what is amazing is that you would call someone a liar that you dont even know! I said it like it was and I wanted to know if this is a normal thing?

eaglefan24
11-25-2002, 02:24 PM
Look people, I have no doubt that the games weren't called well, but you cannot blame games on officials except on VERY rare occasions. Everyone knows that the best referees are the fans in the stands, and the guys on the field are at different angles and flat out in different situations. Even if something happens right in front of him he may not see it because he has to watch something else, he cannot call what he doesn't see. What I'm trying to say is that the game is over, what's done is done and good luck to the teams that advanced. Also, on the Newton/Marlin game....I have to disagree and say that the better team did advance, I've seen them and Marlin is just all around better and will give LaGrange a much better game than Newton could. That is not to put Newton down, they had a great season....but Marlin has done some special things this season, and don't be surprised to have them pull out another one this next week.

underware
11-25-2002, 02:30 PM
Sorry Tiny!! Didn't mean to insult you. I do take it back. I do not know what was said with the gateman...I was not there to hear that. I still believe both teams must agree on the Refs before hand. If Oso agree's with these guys.......then they didnt see it as you did? Hell of a game though?

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-25-2002, 03:49 PM
underware get your head out of your a$$! the refs blew it!! they know it now and they knew it then!

underware
11-25-2002, 04:01 PM
Well? I guess I don't know? And leave my head and a$$ out of it. I guess if LH played up to par, there wouldn't be a disagreement? Later Dude.

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-25-2002, 04:09 PM
under-roos you dont the meaning of the word par.so dont use it. now that your head is out, all that is left is a dumb a$$!

Tiny
11-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Easy now Purple T. no sense in having a stroke, you should of done that Sat night when I had mine. No sense taking it out on this guy.

Tiny
11-25-2002, 04:43 PM
Sorry about Purple T, He is just now getting mad about saturday. I did all that Saturday now Im just depressed.

underware
11-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Thanks, but everythings cool. I'll still fight next to ya'll if we go to war! LOL

TXMike
11-25-2002, 06:19 PM
Purple Thunder: There were only 2 refs "purposely calling a bad game"??? What about the rest of the crew? And how do you know they "purposely called a bad game"? Even if they made mistakes isn't it possible they were MISTAKES, not deliberate acts?

underware: What is a "moving violation"? Sounds like something you get a traffic ticket for.

Tiny: I honestly doubt the same officials will be working the Yoakum game this week. It could happen, if both coaches agreed, but I have NEVER heard of the same crew working a team twice in the playoffs, much less back to back. Is it possible the "officials" you heard make the comment were actually chain crew guys or timers?

Underware: Not all refs travel together and "team together" all year. Many Chapters have a system which does not use crews and guys work with different guys each week.

sinton66
11-25-2002, 09:38 PM
And before any of you freak out and jump on TxMike, I'll tell you he knows what he's talking about. He is a ref. Refs have a very hard job to do. Coaches do have to agree on the refs in playoff games if either one wants it that way.

Tiny
11-25-2002, 11:15 PM
TXMike:
Purple Thunder: There were only 2 refs "purposely calling a bad game"??? What about the rest of the crew? And how do you know they "purposely called a bad game"? Even if they made mistakes isn't it possible they were MISTAKES, not deliberate acts?

underware: What is a "moving violation"? Sounds like something you get a traffic ticket for.

Tiny: I honestly doubt the same officials will be working the Yoakum game this week. It could happen, if both coaches agreed, but I have NEVER heard of the same crew working a team twice in the playoffs, much less back to back. Is it possible the "officials" you heard make the comment were actually chain crew guys or timers?

Underware: Not all refs travel together and "team together" all year. Many Chapters have a system which does not use crews and guys work with different guys each week.

Tiny
11-25-2002, 11:18 PM
TXMike:

Underware: Not all refs travel together and "team together" all year. Many Chapters have a system which does not use crews and guys work with different guys each week.Thanks for the Info, I hadn't heard of that before either. I just wanted to know, As far as the two officials I saw leave one was the eferee and the other I am not sure. It just sounded funny when he said he would see him next saturday.

TXMike
11-26-2002, 09:14 AM
That is really strange that the guy would already know where he was going the next week. If anyone sees the game this week and saw the one last week it would be very interesting to know if same crew worked both games. Again, it can happen, but both coaches have to agree.

54BLACK
11-26-2002, 11:41 PM
Look, it's really not important whether the whole refs knowing where they were going to be the next week thing is true or not, what is important is that they did not call a fair game. I saw some of the calls that they made for both teams be obviously way off, but in the 4th quarter they totally screwed LH over and that is unfair. Both teams were good, but LH played an incredible game and had the officials judged accurately the outcome would have been substantially different.

<small>[ November 26, 2002, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: 54BLACK ]</small>

terrible-T
11-27-2002, 12:15 AM
this message if for purple thunder.
hadn't seen or talked to you in a while and just recently found out who you were. good thing you didn't take those 28 pts. I offered, huh? What happen to all the news paper clippings the hornets hitting you on the back of the neck after you hit their nest with a rock. hey don't sweat it come by the office we'll have a beer and talk about it. And just remember I tried to tell tell you but you just kept insisting, didn't you. Oh yeah I've got some newspaper clippings to show you.

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-27-2002, 07:55 PM
say,T I will stop by and have a cold! beer with you and tell you about the sorry a$$ refs. on the 28 pnts, that was a sure win for you,how do you expect a good small 3a school to beat a large 4a school? yes burnet should be 4a. watch out for sinton, they may kick your 4a a$$,now that burnet is one dimensional..........with mighty shipley out!

bd62
11-27-2002, 08:16 PM
thats funny p.t.#1. west oso and yoakum tossed a coin after the game for the chapter to use. the refs. had done left. maybe ref. had e.s.p. and knew what chapter they would use. i was right there when it happen.
we felt last year we got a bad spot against wimberlity late in game but we let it go. very little complaining. so if you can figure out how to play the game without refs. let us know. somebody is allways unhappy about refs.

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-27-2002, 08:19 PM
TIME WILL TELL. TIME WILL HEAL.

Eagles44
11-27-2002, 09:58 PM
i have been sitting back and reading this b.s. about how the refs screwed the game. i don't believe that i have ever seen a game that the refs have purposly screwed. i am an official i don't ref football but i do basketball and i am not going to lie it is hard to do. sometimes you miss an easy call just because your in the wrong spot or have your head turned. what people need to realize is that the refs do their best and don't give a crap who is playing. so just shut up about the refs and play. or in your case watch!

54BLACK
11-27-2002, 10:13 PM
You know refs are only human and do have the right to make a mistake from time to time, but you can't sit here and tell me that no ref has ever screwed over a team. That is the same thing as saying no police officer has never given someone a ticket for a studpid reason or that a jury has never intentionally punished someone unfairly. Yeah, refs are not perfect and sometimes the calls that they make are going to be wrong...that is a part of life, but several of the calls that they made were completely off and total bull and I'm ticked off about it because I think it sucks and that LH deserved better. If you have a problem with that then get over it!

PigSkinPicker
11-27-2002, 11:16 PM
Well I have been to many football games where I thought the refs were bad. I have been to College games. Highschool and many more. Until they let all the refs go to instant replay like NFL (which will probably be never) the game will never be perfect. But what is in this world. You just have to go into the game knowing you might recieve a bad call. Bad mouth them all u want, but dont blame it on an outcome of a game.

54BLACK
11-28-2002, 02:50 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't blame the refs for the outcome of the game. I just think that a team that works that hard deserves better than to have completely idiotic calls made on them. They had to work twice as hard to do half as good, but I do have to say that the refs made some bad calls for Yoakum too. That game is over and there is nothing anyone can do to change it, but work harder for next year to show everyone what other obstacles LH can overcome.

JacksandEagles
11-28-2002, 03:26 AM
I bet those sorry, misinformed refs were from the Waco chapter. They suck! You should have seen the bad officiating at the Barbers Hill/Bridge City game. BC is a great team, but the refs blew a most important call in the 3rd quarter! The Eagles were on the 5 or so, the QB threw a shuttle pass and the RB dropped the ball. Incomplete pass. Everyone knew it. Like the coach would have a play where the kid would fumble? He's not stupid. At that point in the game, the Eagles were behind, but had made up for lost time and owned the 3rd quarter. The refs GAVE the ball to BC saying "first" the kid fumbled the ball, then they said the QB didn't make a pass. The kid's hand was clearly extended out in a passing way. Ridiculous. The BH coaches and fans went wild. Everyone on both sides knew it was a pass. Of course, BC punched it in, and the momentum was forever shifted. BH should have taken care of busy earlier, but that killed it. Thank goodness the coaches told those loser refs from Waco that they would NEVER ref a BH game again. I figured they were somehow related to the Beaumont chapter. They stink it up as well if you aren't from the Golden Triangle area. Lucky for you SAM, at BC, you finally won one against the Hill, but your precious, darling baseball boys won't stand a chance, AGAIN!, against the Eagles come May. See you there. By the way, GO JACKRABBITS, beat those Atlanta RABBITS. Remember, "you don't have JACK!" Atlanta!

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-28-2002, 09:55 AM
ONE THING THAT CAN NEVER BE CHANGED IS......A FACT! LETS PUT THIS ONE TO BED. THANK YOU GUYS FOR RESPONDING.