PDA

View Full Version : Blasphemy!!!

GreenMonster
05-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Some disturbed individuals vandalized an 8ft tall wooden carved statue of Bob Wills in Gruene. Apparently the vandals knocked the statue over. It is still unknown if the statue can be repaired. There is a $500 reward for information that leads to the capture of the assailants. What a crappy thing to do. Bob Wills, you are always welcome to "Stay all night, Stay a little longer" in my CD player. Cheers to the King of Western Swing.

Gobbla2001
05-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Some disturbed individuals vandalized an 8ft tall wooden carved statue of Bob Wills in Gruene. Apparently the vandals knocked the statue over. It is still unknown if the statue can be repaired. There is a $500 reward for information that leads to the capture of the assailants. What a crappy thing to do. Bob Wills, you are always welcome to "Stay all night, Stay a little longer" in my CD player. Cheers to the King of Western Swing.

That's a form of terrorism...

prolly illegal aliens showing a complete lack of respect for the Texas culture...

big daddy russ
05-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Get a rope.

Long live the King!!!!

slpybear the bullfan
05-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Hunt down and capture the barbarians immediately!

GreenMonster
05-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
That's a form of terrorism...

prolly illegal aliens showing a complete lack of respect for the Texas culture...

Is there a Trini Lopz statue out there? If so let's tear it down and see how they like it! lol j/k

Gobbla2001
05-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Forgot, I walked right by that statue this February outside of Lone Star Music... they had an in-store acoustic performance by Django Walker, Jerry Jeff's boy that day...

Legendary Texas Music Icon Assaulted -
Suffers Broken Arm

http://www.lonestarmusic.com/images/bob_full_400.jpg

Bob Wills represents the best of American music and this makes Texans proud. This is one of the many reasons that LoneStarMusic (located in the historic Gruene district of New Braunfels) erected a statue to commemorate the 100 th anniversary of his birthday. The 8 foot effigy was carved from one giant piece of wood by local musician and artisan Doug Moreland. Bob Wills depicts him as many remember - smoking a cigar and holding his fiddle. He has been a popular attraction for tourists and locals since erected in early 2005. “I can't tell you how many people drive or walk up here just to take their picture with Bob” says co-owner Clair Devers “I get to hear Bob Wills stories from all over the world”.

During the early morning hours on Wednesday May 17, 2006, Bob was viciously assaulted. The statue was knocked over, which is quite a feat considering it took several men and a truck to get him up. His arm was broken, which may be beyond repair. “I was so shocked to pull up and see Bob Wills, laying there with his arm broken off, it's just so sad” stated store manager Sarah Ritchie. “He is part of our family”.

LoneStarMusic provides a unique selection of Texas specific music that compliments the many bands that visit Gruene. With an online store shipping all over the world, many tourist and loyal customers make it a destination spot when they visit Gruene Hall. As for Bob - the owners plan on putting him in a sling and praying that Doug Moreland can perform a surgical procedure to save Bob's arm. “It just wouldn't be the same without him, he is such a part of our store that people think of Bob when they think of us.” Said operations manager Michael Devers.
~May 17, 2006 ~

http://www.lonestarmusic.com/images/bob_sling.jpg

link:http://www.lonestarmusic.com/press_release_bob.asp

Gobbla2001
05-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow, I didn't know Doug Moreland could carve like that... he's fun to listen to even though he wrote a song called "The Gay Caballero", which is sung about someone from Cuero "A Gay Cabellero from down in Cuero" or something like that...

AggieJohn
05-20-2006, 01:13 PM
keith urban should take a lesson from this guy

Phil C
05-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Wow, I didn't know Doug Moreland could carve like that... he's fun to listen to even though he wrote a song called "The Gay Caballero", which is sung about someone from Cuero "A Gay Cabellero from down in Cuero" or something like that...

Gobbla you are a very young man. Until the 70s the word Gay had a different meaning. That song was written when the word gay had that different meaning. It meant someone who was happy and enjoyed life and broght joy to those around him or her.

Phil C
05-20-2006, 01:40 PM
It is a shame. He had many songs such as The Yellow Rose of Texas, Take me Back to Tulsa, etc.

Gobbla2001
05-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Gobbla you are a very young man. Until the 70s the word Gay had a different meaning. That song was written when the word gay had that different meaning. It meant someone who was happy and enjoyed life and broght joy to those around him or her.

No, Doug Moreland wrote the song in the late 90's or something...

Show some compassion geez;) :D

PhiI C
05-20-2006, 06:21 PM
No, Doug Moreland wrote the song in the late 90's or something...

Show some compassion geez;) :D \\

Oops! :)