PDA

View Full Version : Buck Showalter... Stupid or Dumb?

slpybear the bullfan
05-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Tejada gives you a great performance in a game on paper he should have won. Rangers have a 3-2 lead in the 8th. Benoit walks three... THREE!

Buck makes no move.

Benoit hangs a slider that goes off the wall in left and three runs score.

Ballgame.

Stupid.

Dumb.

Take your pick...

SintonFan_inAustin
05-19-2006, 10:38 PM
He is both stupid for not taking him out and dumb for not taking him out

slpybear the bullfan
05-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
He is both stupid for not taking him out and dumb for not taking him out

:clap:

LOL, wish I could have made that an option on the poll!

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Tejada gives you a great performance in a game on paper he should have won. Rangers have a 3-2 lead in the 8th. Benoit walks three... THREE!

Buck makes no move.

Benoit hangs a slider that goes off the wall in left and three runs score.

Ballgame.

Stupid.

Dumb.

Take your pick...
Gimme something to contrast with....
maybe a "Walton" to compare to?;)

slpybear the bullfan
05-19-2006, 10:50 PM
10-4 on that one.

*sigh*

I was SCREAMING at the TV. It was a classic case of apparently I am way to dumb to coach a baseball team. There must have been some super secret strategy Buck had. Or maybe Benoit was just very persuasive when Buck walked out there.:rolleyes:

GRRRR... :mad:

GreenMonster
05-19-2006, 11:47 PM
What I want to know is why in the world is Buck still the Manager of the Rangers?? The real dummies are in the front office. Every Managerial job Buck has ever been fired from went on to win the World Series the following year. I mean jeez, the D-Backs hired their TV color commentator as their new manager and even he was able to do better than Buck Showalter. I think the Rangers should hire Jose Canseco as their new Manager. He was right about the steroids and he was right about his book turning the baseball world on it's ear. I'd bet he couldn't do worse than Buck. (umm, I NOT really serious here) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Buck Showalter has got to go! Hey Hey, Ho Ho Buck Showalter has got to go!

lostaussie
05-20-2006, 10:42 AM
bring in Barry Switzer. i heard he could coach anybody:D

Keith7
05-20-2006, 11:52 AM
I realize the move by showalter looked stupid now, but he had to go to beniot because Alfonseca is on the DL, and Cordero pitched one and a third innings the night before.. trust me I hate beniot as much as the next guy, but I would rather have him in then CJ Wilson

SintonFan_inAustin
05-20-2006, 12:15 PM
The pitcher before him was throwing strikes, he should have started the inning then come with Beniot or go to closer for a two inning save. The bullpen is starting to be a real concern for the Rangers with all these blown saves. This is the Clemens Series so Rangers need to take the next two

Gobbla2001
05-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Aren't the Rangers either leading or up there in the AL West standings?

Buck is neither stupid nor dumb, he isn't doing too bad...

Paranas you people are...