PDA

View Full Version : Attention Mavs and Spurs

kepdawg
05-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Do not look at each other. A foul will be called.

Adidas410s
05-19-2006, 10:04 PM
it's getting to that point again...

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:11 PM
MARK CUBAN = CLASSLESS GO SPURS GO!!! SO SPURS GO !!

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
it's getting to that point again...
Did you see Cuban's new nose job?:eek:
Dirk farts and a foul is called on the Spurs.:confused: :mad: :confused:

Bullaholic
05-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa

Classless = Yes
CASHLESS = No Way

Yell loud for those Spurs, Ya Ya.....cause you're only going to get to do it for one more half this season. :D

big daddy russ
05-19-2006, 10:15 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. I love the Spurs and I love the Riverwalk, but I couldn't help but laugh about that one.

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I thought it was pretty funny. I love the Spurs and I love the Riverwalk, but I couldn't help but laugh about that one. It just fueled the flame.......GO SPURS GO!! :D

Adidas410s
05-19-2006, 10:17 PM
It's not an issue of class. If it is...then let's talk about Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili whining about EVERY call that doesn't go their way. It's not classy...you just look like a little kid whining!!!

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 10:21 PM
It's not an issue of class. If it is...then let's talk about Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili whining about EVERY call that doesn't go their way. It's not classy...you just look like a little kid whining!!!
Where you get off calling the Spurs whiny is beyond me. I'm watching the same game and even the commentary heard Nowitzki fart and Bowen getting called for it!!!:o
Stop the class warfare!
The Spurs have always composed themselves with classs...
it's just that you Mavs fans want what us Spur's have enjoyed three times in the last seven years.:nerd:

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Mavs whine too...everyone does....but you won't catch the Spurs organization cursing about Dallas.......TOTAL LACK OF CLASS FROM AN OWNER, PERIOD!! ...oh yeah....GO SPURS GO!!

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:22 PM
AND it most certainly IS a question of class.....you're just too young to know it. :rolleyes:

Phil C
05-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Spurs still have a chance to win it. As bad as they have played they are only behind by 8 points at the half. If they start playing like they are capable this game could go down to the wire. Off to drive around town with my Spurs Flag! Go Spurs!

Matthew328
05-19-2006, 10:24 PM
I'll take Cuban's lack of class for all the cash...LOL

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Spurs still have a chance to win it. As bad as they have played they are only behind by 8 points at the half. If they start playing like they are capable this game could go down to the wire. Off to drive around town with my Spurs Flag! Go Spurs!
Off to drive around town with my Spurs Flag!
lol
It's about time!:D

Bandera YaYa
Originally posted by Matthew328
I'll take Cuban's lack of class for all the cash...LOL You're young too.......class is everything !! GO SPURS GO!! :D

Adidas410s
AND it most certainly IS a question of class.....you're just too young to know it. :rolleyes:

It's not an issue of class. Where is the issue? Why are you getting so worked up over the words of an owner? He has no direct impact on the game and his comments mean about as much as you or mine. Stop looking for something to whine about and be more worried about your beloved Spurs (of course they are perfect in your biased eyes) losing to the Mavericks!

And you can take your little comment about age and shove it!!!

THERE'S SOME COMPASSION!!!:mad: :mad: ;)

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:28 PM
It's not an issue of class. Where is the issue? Why are you getting so worked up over the words of an owner? He has no direct impact on the game and his comments mean about as much as you or mine. Stop looking for something to whine about and be more worried about your beloved Spurs (of course they are perfect in your biased eyes) losing to the Mavericks!

And you can take your little comment about age and shove it!!!

THERE'S SOME COMPASSION!!!:mad: :mad: ;) I rest my case.......GO SPURS GO!! :hand:

Adidas410s
05-19-2006, 10:28 PM
I rest my case.......GO SPURS GO!! :hand:

when you make a case let me know...

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:29 PM
GAME TIED !!!! GO SPURS GO!! :D :clap:

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2006, 10:30 PM
GAME TIED !!!! GO SPURS GO!! :D :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bandera YaYa
when you make a case let me know... I'll stuff you in my pillow case...... :p GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Adidas410s
I'll stuff you in my pillow case...... :p GO SPURS GO!!!!!

exactly...still waiting for you to actually make a point instead of just rambling...any day now

Bullaholic
05-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good thing you're up late, LHPM---you may have to "ref" a little before this one is over. :D

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:32 PM
exactly...still waiting for you to actually make a point instead of just rambling...any day now Oh heck, you're too darn witty for me....I'll just be content to cheer on the Spurs!! GO SPUR GO!!

Adidas410s
05-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Good thing you're up late, LHPM---you may have to "ref" a little before this one is over. :D

lol...hope she doesn't call a foul when somebody gets looked at! It could take a while

Mavs up 5...GO MAVS GO!!! WHOOPIE!!!

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2006, 10:33 PM
I really want to go to bed....just hoping to get an update on our score.

YaYa, how's the oak tree this time of year? :D Need any newts?

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:34 PM
WEll hope ya'll win.....it'd be a grand nite.....Panthers and Spurs !!! GO SPUR GO!! :clap:

Adidas410s
05-19-2006, 10:35 PM
did you hear that from Bill Walton???

Tim Duncan's got a little one!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I really want to go to bed....just hoping to get an update on our score.

YaYa, how's the oak tree this time of year? :D Need any newts? I might need a YOUNG one.....got any?? :thinking: It's been nice weather for midnite strolls to the old oak....not to mention shaking a leg!!! GO SPURS GO!!

Adidas410s
05-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Did you see Michael Finley head butt the ball??? Totally classless...just horrible!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:36 PM
did you hear that from Bill Walton???

Tim Duncan's got a little one!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: You would like what comes outta that idiots mouth....... :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
05-19-2006, 10:38 PM
You would like what comes outta that idiots mouth....... :rolleyes:

No I tried keeping the TV on mute and using the radio broadcast but there was a few second difference...so alas it's back to Bill Walton so that I can watch the game in HD

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:39 PM
cool

Bullaholic
05-19-2006, 10:39 PM
(Psssst, Adidas----you and Ya Ya AGREED on something.)

Adidas410s
05-19-2006, 10:40 PM
(Psssst, Adidas----you and Ya Ya AGREED on something.)

I agree with a lot of things...just not stupid comments...except for those out of Bill Walton's mouth!!!! ;)

slpybear the bullfan
05-19-2006, 10:41 PM
ROFLMFAO... MFAO...

This is PROFESSIONAL basketball... not college, hs, or character building YMCA. It is all about winning... anyone who says different is living in a dream world... class, cash, deception.... whatever... some people wear the class shield and proclaim that they would rather have class than win... our team has class yours doesn't... etc.

Bull.

It is all about the W in pro ball. Be it foot, base, or basket.

I am glad we have Cuban cause he has passion and cash. (Why couldn't he have been interested in the Rangers a few years ago?) He complains too much... gets fined... and life goes on. I don't see where it influences games one way or the other.

Go Mavs!

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:41 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
ROFLMFAO... MFAO...

This is PROFESSIONAL basketball... not college, hs, or character building YMCA. It is all about winning... anyone who says different is living in a dream world... class, cash, deception.... whatever... some people wear the class shield and proclaim that they would rather have class than win... our team has class yours doesn't... etc.

Bull.

I am glad we have Cuban cause he has passion and cash. (Why couldn't he have been interested in the Rangers a few years ago?) He complains too much... gets fined... and life goes on. I don't see where it influences games one way or the other.

Go Mavs! I love his passion, truely....but what he said was bad. And having cash doesn't excuse that.

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 10:44 PM
No I tried keeping the TV on mute and using the radio broadcast but there was a few second difference...so alas it's back to Bill Walton so that I can watch the game in HD
Bill Walton said "Clipper Nation" the other day. Maybe you shouldn't quote THAT guy.:p

slpybear the bullfan
05-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Bill Walton said "Clipper Nation" the other day. Maybe you shouldn't quote THAT guy.:p

LOL... They could modify the Army's slogan... "A NATION OF ONE, (or maybe two or three!)"

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
ROFLMFAO... MFAO...

Bull.

Go Mavs!
I disagree Slpy...
unless Cuban gets his trophy soon he'll continue to be the laughing stock on the NBA.:inlove:

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 10:48 PM
I disagree Slpy...
unless Cuban gets his trophy soon he'll continue to be the laughing stock on the NBA.:inlove: Ain't that the truth........

Matthew328
05-19-2006, 10:53 PM
hey at least when Cuban gets fined a worthy charity benefits....Cuban donates dollar for dollar his fines to a charity...I guess thats one positive of him complaining

Cameron Crazy
05-19-2006, 10:57 PM
What?:mad:

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 10:59 PM
hey at least when Cuban gets fined a worthy charity benefits....Cuban donates dollar for dollar his fines to a charity...I guess thats one positive of him complaining
rofl
"Everytime Cuban get's fined, another Angel get's her wings..."
lol
:inlove: :D

Txbroadcaster
05-19-2006, 11:00 PM
I disagree Slpy...
unless Cuban gets his trophy soon he'll continue to be the laughing stock on the NBA.:inlove:

Not sure many are laughing at Cuban, he has taken a franchise that was WORSE than the Clippers and have turned them into a team that now is a power in not only the West, but the NBA overall.

Alot of the things he gripes about and gets fined on the NBA turns around and takes his advice, such as the assesment of refs every year and such.

Cameron Crazy
05-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Your right sintonfan he is a good man Mark Cuban!

pirateman98
05-19-2006, 11:01 PM
What is the score??

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 11:01 PM
hey at least when Cuban gets fined a worthy charity benefits....Cuban donates dollar for dollar his fines to a charity...I guess thats one positive of him complaining I do admire him for that......of course....but he's just trying to get all the attention when he does something to be fined.....he might try growing up just a tad..... :D

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
What is the score??
Listen to it on 1360 AM locally.:)
Spurs-Mavs tied in the 4th....:(

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
What is the score??
Sorry, maybe 1200 AM in Austin?:)

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 11:23 PM
LET'S HEAR IT SPURS FANS!!!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :D

Buccaneer
05-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Spurs 87 Mavs 84 26.2 sec

Buccaneer
05-19-2006, 11:26 PM
87-86 17.7secs

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 11:27 PM
GO FIGHT WIN!!!!! GO SPURSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :clap: :kiss:

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 11:28 PM
GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 11:28 PM
YOU SAID IT!!!! GO SPURS GO!!

pirateman98
05-19-2006, 11:29 PM
GO SPURS GO!!

Buccaneer
05-19-2006, 11:29 PM
SA 89-86 15.2sec

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 11:31 PM
WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......GO SPURS GO!! :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :kiss:

Buccaneer
05-19-2006, 11:33 PM
91-86 5.5sec

44INAROW
05-19-2006, 11:34 PM
GO SPURS GO GO SPURS GO 91-86 5.5 seconds

Guess Cuban will be "forced" to go to San Antonio,, the home of the "filthy, ugly river" GREAT GAME SPURS:clap:

SintonFan
WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......GO SPURS GO!! :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :kiss:
yes!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :thumbsup:

Buccaneer
Spurs win

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 11:35 PM
SPURS WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to San Antonio for game 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pirateman98
05-19-2006, 11:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS SPURS!! One more, and back at home!
GO SPURS GO!!

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
GO SPURS GO GO SPURS GO 91-86 5.5 seconds

Guess Cuban will be "forced" to go to San Antonio,, the home of the "filthy, ugly river" GREAT GAME SPURS:clap: Yeah....I sure hope he doesn't fall in................... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Gobbla2001
05-20-2006, 09:51 AM
I like what Cuban does with his money when he gets fined etc... that is freaking awesome...

But I've donated money to charities myself but it won't excuse any of you guys from calling me an a-hole or what you will...

Cuban is a GREAT owner, has done wonders with the Mavericks, but I'm sorry, winning with class is a lot better than winning as an a.... you know what I mean...

If the Mavs do win I'll pull for them so that fans in Texas can be happy... but if the Mavs lose that will make my year so far...

Go Spurs Go!!!

Emerson1
05-20-2006, 02:43 PM
He also was the person who founded the Fallen Patriot Fund.

I bet 80% of spurs fans don't even know their owners name

District303aPastPlayer
05-20-2006, 02:43 PM
who does own the spurs anyway?

Emerson1
05-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Peter Holt

District303aPastPlayer
05-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Peter Holt

uhh... who ever that guy is.

Gobbla2001
05-20-2006, 06:19 PM
#1 I've always known it was Holt...

#2 Cuban gets 90 times the media attention as Holt, so the chances of knowing the Mavs owner is a lot more than knowing the Spurs, even if you're a Spurs fan...

Bull Butter
05-20-2006, 06:40 PM
You're right about people not knowing who Peter Holt is. That's because the only time he's ever shown on TV is to accept the Larry O'Brien trophy. He doesn't go out of his way for media attention like some other owners. He's never been fined by the NBA, never run out onto the court, never made disparaging remarks about other NBA cities.

He's the epitome of what a professional sports owner should be. Let the TEAM get the spotlight, stay out of the way, let the basketball people run the operation and sit back and count the money and sign the checks. Other teams could take a lesson from the Spurs, which was named by The Sporting News as the top franchise in the NBA..............

From The Sporting News:

Best of the NBA: San Antonio

By Stan McNeal
Sporting News

San Antonio is the second largest city in Texas, but it has only one big-league franchise. Well, if you have only one, the Spurs are the team to have.

With the best winning percentage in U.S. team sports over the past seven years, the Spurs have emerged as the NBA's model franchise -- just ahead of the Pistons, whom the Spurs beat in The Finals. Other teams might have more devoted fans (Kings) or a nicer building (Pacers) or a more innovative owner (Mavericks). No franchise, however, has a more complete package.

San Antonio has a championship roster (two titles in three years), strong leadership (coach Gregg Popovich and the front office avoid bad contracts and problem players), a sparkling arena (SBC Center opened in 2002) and good fortune (winning the draft lottery in 1997 when Tim Duncan was the prize).

A devoted basketball town since its ABA days, San Antonio truly kicks up its heels for these Spurs. SBC Center played to 99 percent capacity last season, and an estimated 350,000 turned out for the Spurs' championship parade along the downtown River Walk.

And with Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker in their primes and under contract through 2010, those good times should keep on rolling.

Emerson1
05-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Cuban is unlike any other owner in the NBA. The maloofs are the only other owners I can think of that even sit courtside at the game, most of the owners sit up in their luxury suites or don't even go to all the games. Cuban came in when the mavericks were the laughing stock of the league, now they he is selling out every game season after season. He has even improved the officiating in the league, the NBA took his advice and implemented a system to evaluate referees over the course of the season.

He will admit that he is a whiner (http://www.blogmaverick.com/entry/1234000210073685/). his whining has lead to many improvements in the league and made the league better.

Gobbla2001
05-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Cuban is unlike any other owner in the NBA. The maloofs are the only other owners I can think of that even sit courtside at the game, most of the owners sit up in their luxury suites or don't even go to all the games. Cuban came in when the mavericks were the laughing stock of the league, now they he is selling out every game season after season. He has even improved the officiating in the league, the NBA took his advice and implemented a system to evaluate referees over the course of the season.

He will admit that he is a whiner (http://www.blogmaverick.com/entry/1234000210073685/). his whining has lead to many improvements in the league and made the league better.

Holt sits courtside mostly as well...

Very good points about Cuban though...

It's funny, though, Cuban admits he whines, most Mavs fans know he whines, yet they won't whine about Cuban whining, just whine about the other team's players whining...

Lotta whining in those lines :p :D

SintonFan
05-20-2006, 11:10 PM
He also was the person who founded the Fallen Patriot Fund.

I bet 80% of spurs fans don't even know their owners name
That's comendable he founded the Fallen Patriot fund.
But to say 80% of Spurs fan don't know who Peter Holt(owner of the big industrial machine chain) is ludacrous. You're starting to sound arrogant...:hand: