PDA

View Full Version : To Commemorate my 3000th post

injuredinmelee
05-19-2006, 02:28 PM
I just want to impart some thoughts about life in general.

Never take it too serious. Time is fleeting and use every second of every day to make your own, your spouses, and your childrens lives more special. Never take time for granted when it comes to your family. When you are not able to see your kids or spouse for some reason it is always the small things that you miss the most, so treasure every second. Its always the things you took for granted like giving them baths, or reading a book with them, or just holding each other discussing how their day was.

Always be true to your word. I have learned this the hard way. Mean what you say and say what you mean. Dont beat around the bush. You have all heard the cliche that a man (or woman) is only as good as his word and it is very true. Our society has changed so much in the last 20 yrs and it seems to me that everyone has become so much more suspicious of their fellow man. Do not be one of those people. I can attest to the fact that you spend a alot of time making up for not being true to your word and with some people you can never ever gain their trust back.

Work hard every day of your life. No matter what your job or hobby strive to be the best there is. No one goes into a job or past time looking to be second best or mediocre. Always reach for the stars.

Always compliment. I have used this philosphy the last few years esp at work and I cannot even describe to you how much difference it makes in the way you are responded too in tough situations. I always try and praise the people waiting on me in at a resturant, even if they do suck at it surely you cna find something that they did right. You will be amazed at how much better the service is and the next time you frequent that establishment they will be sure and go out of their way to make your visit great.

Greet everyone by name and with a firm handshake. It makes peoples day when you greet them by name. It lets them know that you felt them important enough to remember their name.

Leave no regrets. I thought I was very very sick just a couple fo months ago and all i could think about were my children and the things I never did or never did well. I wanted to change everyone of those things. If it is worth doing them do it!

Stand behind your decisions. You will never ever always make the right ones but stand behnd what you did. If it was a mistake then admit it, try your hardest to correct it and move on. You can not dwell on the mistakes or bad choices. You will never be able to go back and undo a mistake but you make sure that you learn from them try with all yoru might to never make it again. Life is a continual learning process. I try and spend a few minutes every day talking to an 89 yr old man that I play golf with on occasion. He told me not long ago that he is still learning every day. It may not be a big life changing epiphany but its something that you can apply to the next day and the rest of your life.

and thats all I got to say about that.

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2006, 02:31 PM
:clap: :clap: Very well said and congrats!

DaHop72
05-19-2006, 02:31 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Congrats injured, keep them coming my friend.

piratebg
05-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Great job injured. :thumbsup:

44INAROW
05-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Good food for thought! Keep the posts coming Injured :)

Snyder_TigerFan
05-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Very well said, injured, and some good philosophy to go by! Congrats!

Bullaholic
05-19-2006, 02:57 PM
And above all, Injured......DON'T LOSE YOUR COMPOSURE! :D

Very nice--health, wealth, and many happy posts to come...

pirate44
05-19-2006, 09:40 PM
and never let em see you sweat :D

seriously, that is sage advice you offer injured. congrats on 3000 and heres to 3 grand more :clap:

MHSvarsity2007
05-19-2006, 09:59 PM
props and congrats! :clap:

TheDOCTORdre
05-19-2006, 10:03 PM
congrats but you may have forgotten the most imprtant piece of advice you can give...."SHOW SOME COMPASSION:mad: "

haha, but seriously those are some great thoughts you gave on life

SintonFan
05-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I just want to impart some thoughts about life in general.

Never take it too serious. Time is fleeting and use every second of every day to make your own, your spouses, and your childrens lives more special. Never take time for granted when it comes to your family. When you are not able to see your kids or spouse for some reason it is always the small things that you miss the most, so treasure every second. Its always the things you took for granted like giving them baths, or reading a book with them, or just holding each other discussing how their day was.

Always be true to your word. I have learned this the hard way. Mean what you say and say what you mean. Dont beat around the bush. You have all heard the cliche that a man (or woman) is only as good as his word and it is very true. Our society has changed so much in the last 20 yrs and it seems to me that everyone has become so much more suspicious of their fellow man. Do not be one of those people. I can attest to the fact that you spend a alot of time making up for not being true to your word and with some people you can never ever gain their trust back.

Work hard every day of your life. No matter what your job or hobby strive to be the best there is. No one goes into a job or past time looking to be second best or mediocre. Always reach for the stars.

Always compliment. I have used this philosphy the last few years esp at work and I cannot even describe to you how much difference it makes in the way you are responded too in tough situations. I always try and praise the people waiting on me in at a resturant, even if they do suck at it surely you cna find something that they did right. You will be amazed at how much better the service is and the next time you frequent that establishment they will be sure and go out of their way to make your visit great.

Greet everyone by name and with a firm handshake. It makes peoples day when you greet them by name. It lets them know that you felt them important enough to remember their name.

Leave no regrets. I thought I was very very sick just a couple fo months ago and all i could think about were my children and the things I never did or never did well. I wanted to change everyone of those things. If it is worth doing them do it!

Stand behind your decisions. You will never ever always make the right ones but stand behnd what you did. If it was a mistake then admit it, try your hardest to correct it and move on. You can not dwell on the mistakes or bad choices. You will never be able to go back and undo a mistake but you make sure that you learn from them try with all yoru might to never make it again. Life is a continual learning process. I try and spend a few minutes every day talking to an 89 yr old man that I play golf with on occasion. He told me not long ago that he is still learning every day. It may not be a big life changing epiphany but its something that you can apply to the next day and the rest of your life.

and thats all I got to say about that.
Great post injured.:clap:
Almost as good as my 10,000th post dedication...
i'm getting all poignant now and all.:D

SintonFan
05-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Congratualtions!!!:)

espn1
05-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Great post injured.:clap:
Almost as good as my 10,000th post dedication...
i'm getting all poignant now and all.:D
Good Post!
Sinton Fan how many months poignant are you?:D

SintonFan
05-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Good Post!
Sinton Fan how many months poignant are you?:D
lol
:p :D

pirate4state
05-22-2006, 09:04 AM