PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Auto Accident Takes 5 Students Lives

olddawggreen
05-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Last Friday afternoon there was a terrible car wreck in the Cherokee area between Llano and San Saba.

I haven't seen any news reports yet, but I understand that Thomas Jackson, a Junior at Burnet was driving one of the cars, he and two of his 3 passengers (one boy and one girl) were killed at the schene, along with the driver of the other car (a boy). The only survivor (a girl) died later at the hospital. One of the passengers, Corsi, was also formerly from Burnet. I have heard that the others were from Cherokee, and that one of them was Cherokee's Quarterback. Jackson's older brother is a Senior at Burnet and will be Graduating next week.

The story that I have heard was that the kids were playing chicken at a high rate of speed. When the cars swerved to miss each other, they both swerved in the same direction and collided head on.
This is an unbelievable tragedy that didn't have to happen. I know that it is the end of the school year and that your minds are on a lot of other things, but you young people please be careful, life is too short as it is, and there are way too many things that can happen that you have no control over. My prayers to all the familys and friends of these young people.

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Terribly sad news. :( My prayers go out to the families, friends and communities of these young people.

pirate4state
05-19-2006, 10:16 AM
What a terrible tragedy! :(

BU97
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
That is terrible! Teenagers think they are bullet proof and it ends in tragedy when they find out that they are not.

Phil C
05-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Very sad news. Prayers for the family and friends. :(

olddawggreen
05-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Last Friday afternoon there was a terrible car wreck in the Cherokee area between Llano and San Saba.

I haven't seen any news reports yet, but I understand that Thomas Jackson, a Sophmore at Burnet was driving one of the cars, he and two of his 3 passengers (one boy and one girl) were killed at the schene, along with the driver of the other car (a boy). The only survivor (a girl) died later at the hospital. One of the passengers, Corsi, was also formerly from Burnet. I have heard that the others were from Cherokee, and that one of them was Cherokee's Quarterback. Jackson's older brother is a Senior at Burnet and will be Graduating next week.

The story that I have heard was that the kids were playing chicken at a high rate of speed. When the cars swerved to miss each other, they both swerved in the same direction and collided head on.
This is an unbelievable tragedy that didn't have to happen. I know that it is the end of the school year and that your minds are on a lot of other things, but you young people please be careful, life is too short as it is, and there are way too many things that can happen that you have no control over. My prayers to all the familys and friends of these young people.

I finally got back to Burnet and was able to read the article in the Burnet Bulletin. It states that Anthony Corsi, 18, and not Thomas Jackson, a Junior was the driver of the car in which Jackson 17, Tara Kroll 15 and Pilar Kothman, 15 were riding. James Pool, 18 was the driver of the other truck. Everyone except Jackson, were students at Cherokee High School. Both girls were transported to Breakenridge hospital in Austin, where they later passed away.

olddawggreen
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM

I haven't seen any news reports yet, but I understand that Thomas Jackson, a Sophmore at Burnet was driving one of the cars, he and two of his 3 passengers (one boy and one girl) were killed at the schene, along with the driver of the other car (a boy). The only survivor (a girl) died later at the hospital. One of the passengers, Corsi, was also formerly from Burnet. I have heard that the others were from Cherokee, and that one of them was Cherokee's Quarterback. Jackson's older brother is a Senior at Burnet and will be Graduating next week.

lostaussie
05-19-2006, 06:17 PM
that is absolutely horrible news. prayers go out to the families and the whole community.

Cameron Crazy
05-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Very sad:(

espn1
05-19-2006, 08:55 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying::crying: :crying:

CHS_CG
05-19-2006, 09:04 PM
That is awful. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families involved!

~ To all the students fixing to graduate~

Yall please be careful... as stated earlier, none of us are bullet proof. Drive safe and buckle up!

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Our prayers go out to those kids and their families.

MHSvarsity2007
05-19-2006, 09:56 PM
:( :( :(

20dawgz05
05-19-2006, 11:14 PM
http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=4901139 thats a link for the whole story.... its a really sad deal i mean i think all of us have done something stupid while driving b4.... young kids lifes should never be taken but i guess god just liked them so much that he wanted them back.... i just thought yall might want the whole story!!!.... keep praying for the families!!!!

Bandera YaYa
05-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Nothing as important as loving and supporting these families right now......God Bless you all. :(

Old Tiger
05-20-2006, 09:27 AM

I haven't seen any news reports yet, but I understand that Thomas Jackson, a Junior at Burnet was driving one of the cars, he and two of his 3 passengers (one boy and one girl) were killed at the schene, along with the driver of the other car (a boy). The only survivor (a girl) died later at the hospital. One of the passengers, Corsi, was also formerly from Burnet. I have heard that the others were from Cherokee, and that one of them was Cherokee's Quarterback. Jackson's older brother is a Senior at Burnet and will be Graduating next week.

This is an unbelievable tragedy that didn't have to happen. I know that it is the end of the school year and that your minds are on a lot of other things, but you young people please be careful, life is too short as it is, and there are way too many things that can happen that you have no control over. My prayers to all the familys and friends of these young people. Very sad indeed, I was hoping someone would know something about this! The Corsi kid was my best friend of 6 years when I lived in Burnet.