PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia defeats Devine (softball)

neck_94
05-18-2006, 09:25 PM
WC 5
Devine 0

WC faces winner of Sinton/Halletsville

softball_mom
05-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Great game Lady Necks!!

Johnnypaycheck
05-19-2006, 07:38 AM
WAY TO GO LADY NECKS!!!

neck_06
05-19-2006, 08:25 AM
WOO HOO!!!! GO LADY NECKS!!!!

now the Roughnecks need to follow suit tonight in Bryan. :)

pancho villa
05-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Go NECKS

softball_mom
05-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by neck_06

Neck_06......if you can get more k's than your gf did. I'll cook you a steak!!! GO NECKS!!!!

mac77
05-19-2006, 09:56 AM
Good Job Ladies! I just wish the UIL would allow softball to play one game series' on Fridays. Three of the girls are absent this morning cause they got home about 1am. No really fair to the ladies!

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by neck_06

:hand: :hand: Nah..... :p :D

softball_mom
05-19-2006, 10:10 AM
It was late..... but the girls still should be in class. They do have all weekend to rest!!! My daughter didnt have a problem getting up.

pirate4state
05-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by mac77
Good Job Ladies! I just wish the UIL would allow softball to play one game series' on Fridays. Three of the girls are absent this morning cause they got home about 1am. No really fair to the ladies! That is rough. Last week the Sinton baseball team didn't get home until 3am from their game in Zapata, but I'm w/ softball mom....they should be in school.

eagles_victory
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Good Job Ladies! I just wish the UIL would allow softball to play one game series' on Fridays. Three of the girls are absent this morning cause they got home about 1am. No really fair to the ladies! Its not really fair but its part of the game. You sign up for those late nights and early turnarounds when you step on the practice field the first day. If your going to play high school sports you have got to deal with the quick turnaround. Everytime we had a real late night our coach would tell us before we got of the bus you better be in first period tommorow we are going to be checking attendance.

BTEXDAD
05-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Good Job Ladies! I just wish the UIL would allow softball to play one game series' on Fridays. Three of the girls are absent this morning cause they got home about 1am. No really fair to the ladies!

Am I missing something? UIL requires two out of three softball series to be played on Friday and Saturday, but one game playoffs can also be done on Friday.
There are several scheduled for tonight in all classifications.

Phil C
05-19-2006, 10:45 AM
If the ladies are doing well in their classes and can make up the work I say let them rest. Same for the baseball teams too.

eagles_victory
05-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
If the ladies are doing well in their classes and can make up the work I say let them rest. Same for the baseball teams too. There called student athletes not athlete students get them in class.

pirate4state
05-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
There called student athletes not athlete students get them in class. :clap: Exactly! Get to class! :nerd:

Johnny Utah
05-19-2006, 11:11 AM
They have to be in class, same way in college!!! That is why they call high school sports extracurricular. You have to do a little extra when called upon. That means, late nights and early mornings.

18handicap
05-19-2006, 11:48 AM
One game playoffs can be played any night of the week. The one exception is that anything on Monday or Tuesday must be mutual consent.

A lot of things may factor in the decision to play on Thursday:
-- availibility of site
-- conflict with other games
-- conflict with other sports in same school (ie. baseball playoffs)
-- losing the flip with the other coach who wants to play on Thursday.

Hey Neck 06 -- good luck tonight in Bryan. I'm in CS today and I'm thinking about hanging around and watching ya'll play tonight. I want some good time to needle the #1 Roughneck fan (Krenek) and get a good laugh. I hope ya'll do well this weekend.
BH