PDA

View Full Version : University of Colorado Athletics

Old Tiger
05-18-2006, 05:37 PM
I read in the AAS this morning that the University of Colorado is at the minimum requirements to maintain their Division 1-A status. They recently dropped their tennis program because of financial reasons. If something comes up in Colorado could Texas State be moved into the Big 12 if Colorado has to drop to 1-AA? If that happened would Oklahoma or Oklahoma state move into the North? I would think Oklahoma to make it a little bit more competitive up there.

big daddy russ
05-18-2006, 05:51 PM
I think they'd be more likely to pull in Arkansas or TCU. TX State is still I-AA, and there's been rumors flying that Arkie is trying to get into the Big XII because it makes more sense for them geographically.

sahen
05-18-2006, 06:29 PM
They would take Arkansas, TCU, Colorado State, and maybe Utah before Texas State....Texas State's football facilities rnt up to Big 12 standards for now, esp. the stadium (it isnt large enough)....give them 5-10 more years of playing at the level they did last year and they will grow their football program to D1-A level and then maybe they will get a shot, though they will prolly have to spend several years in CUSA or MWC or other midmajors and be sucessful before the Big 12 or another major conference takes them......Colorado is having a lot of trouble but they arent stupid, im sure they will keep their sports up to the D1-A level, they dont want to lose the Big 12 money....

however, it is kinda weird that CU cut their tennis program, they were pretty sucessful in tennis....i think they are number 23 in the last rankings before the tournament started, im not sure if they made the sweet 16 or not....