PDA

View Full Version : i think i just broke or at least sprained my wrist

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 09:41 PM
...playing tennis

OWCHI!!! :(

BreckTxLonghorn
05-17-2006, 09:59 PM
At least you were doing something respectable.

I broke my little toe last week because i was running from the kitchen of my apt to the bedroom to answer my phone. Instead, I caught the toe on my bookcase.

now that's an OWCHI

DaHop72
05-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
...playing tennis

OWCHI!!! :( It's heck getting old, isn't it Adidas?:D :D

44INAROW
05-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Are you going to tough it out or go to the DR? Try alternating ice and heat on it tonight for the pain - and I guess you could drink a few adult beverages to "relax" :)

pirate44
05-18-2006, 06:05 AM
good luck. hope ya make a quick recovery

Adidas410s
05-18-2006, 08:07 AM
well I woke up this morning and I can move it around fairly good. It's still REALLY sore and the swelling has gone down some. It's not too much bigger than my right hand/wrist anymore. Showering was still quite painful though. I guess that mentioning that I am left handed (and this is my left wrist) might explain why I was so worried about this. I am what some might call "right hand retarded." Oh well...typing kind or hurts this morning so I'll try not to do too much. Now I just have to hope that I can somehow get one of the available Mavs/Spurs tickets because they will last all of about 1 minute once they go on sale at 10AM.

neck_06
05-18-2006, 08:10 AM
i once broke my elbow jumping over a wave at the beach.

:(

Green Ranger
05-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Hold your elbow up in the air with your wrist straight up in the air and bump your elbow. If the pain shoots up your wrist to your hand their is a chance it is fractured. Even it is sprained, as much as it sounds like you are in pain it wouldnt be a bad idea to go to walmart or somewhere and get one of those splints to give you some suport. If you are swollen even a little bit do not use heat. Good luck with your tickets and hope you get better soon.

AP Panther Fan
05-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Oh well...typing kind or hurts this morning so I'll try not to do too much.

Uh oh, might affect your power posting! ;) Just kidding, hope you are better soon!

Adidas410s
05-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Uh oh, might affect your power posting! ;) Just kidding, hope you are better soon!

i'll fight through the pain...;)

Ranger Mom
05-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Oh well...typing kind or hurts this morning so I'll try not to do too much.

I don't think your injury put a dent in your posting AT ALL!!:p

Adidas410s
05-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't think your injury put a dent in your posting AT ALL!!:p

Well I actually found that my fingers feel fine...I just can't bend my wrist much or hold a pen very well...with the fingers extended it's ok

Ranger Mom
05-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Well I actually found that my fingers feel fine...I just can't bend my wrist much or hold a pen very well...with the fingers extended it's ok

How fortunate for you!!;) :kiss:

Adidas410s
05-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
How fortunate for you!!;) :kiss:

yeah....you get my useless ramblings and I have a stack of paperwork piling up that I need to fill out. Oh well...working in Excel is more fun anyways.