PDA

View Full Version : #2 Bellville Brahmas vs Huffman Hargrave Falcons?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2003, 12:58 AM
This game is set for Friday night in Houston Aldine stadium, at 7:30. Give us your insight on these two teams, and give your prediction.

the-O-fence
11-15-2003, 01:01 AM
If bellville stops Huffman's running back they will win by a big score.

Bull's-eye
11-15-2003, 02:02 AM
I'm looking forward to see Bellville's defense going against the running attack of Huffman. Crew is a big back with over 2200 yards. Grell, Millstid and the rest of the "D" should be up for the challenge. Hopefully, Bellville can score early and make Huffman play catch-up.

CSQB7
11-15-2003, 10:34 AM
the-O-fence:
If bellville stops Huffman's running back they will win by a big score.I have to agree with u on that he seems to be the key to success for Huffman, but I have one question where was this big bad back last year when we played yall? Or was he there he just had a breakthrough improvement of skills within the training period. I also said Huffman will go as far as the offense will take them, but Bellville with the D they have will end the Huffman season , but goodluck to each team and hope the best for yall.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2003, 10:46 AM
What is Huffmans record and scores, who did they lost to?

CheerMom
11-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Good Luck, Brahmas!!! Hope to see ya'll again down the road!
Go Raiders!!

3AFTNUT
11-15-2003, 03:20 PM
They lost to Barbers Hill - Liberty -& Hitchcock-2a

sahen
11-15-2003, 06:05 PM
if u go look at www.houstonchronicle.com (http://www.houstonchronicle.com) they have most of huffman's info. there...that might help ya out

Bull's-eye
11-15-2003, 07:32 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
What is Huffmans record and scores, who did they lost to?Their record is 8-3. Like 3AFTNUT posted earlier, they lost to Hitchcock 21-14, Barbers Hill 28-15 and Liberty 28-21. They have wins over Orangefield 35-6, Cleveland 35-7, Coldspring 49-13 and Anauac 34-30.

RBARKER
11-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Huffman is a good team and Belville will have a hard time stoping Crew, in fact you won't stop him but you can limit his performance. On the other hand Huffman doesn't have the kind of Defense to stop the Bellville Offense so I see Bellville by at least 2 TD's. I'll be routing for my 22-3A teams but Huffman is running into a tough team in round two. Goodluck Falcons

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Is this a nice field, I know it is turf, is it new or old turf? How far away is Huffman from the field? Its about 75 miles from Bellville.

BrahmaMom
11-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Okay, Red Storm, you heard RBARKER, you have to stop Crew. You can do it. The Brahmas and Bellville have been waiting for this season for a whole year--WE'RE READY!

Bull's-eye
11-16-2003, 12:22 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Is this a nice field, I know it is turf, is it new or old turf? How far away is Huffman from the field? Its about 75 miles from Bellville.I have only seen this stadium on tv. It does look to be a real nice stadium, with seating for about 10,000. Huffman is only about 20 miles away.

huff78
11-16-2003, 01:29 PM
To answer some of your questions. All new Coaches this year at Huffman. Personal clash last year between Crew and Def. Cord.(He played both sides )
Crew is the real deal,With a, for First time,well
Coached group around him.If this group of coaches stick around, Huffman could be a team to recken with.

venomous tat2
11-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Hey FormerBellvilleBrahma go to dpoll.com and you can find schedules,scores and more in any class1A to 5A. Good luck to the Bellville family this fri you are the last soilder standing from 23AAA. give them 48 mins of HELL!!!.

sinton66
11-16-2003, 03:47 PM
If there was anybody in the state this year that I wouldn't count out, that would be Bellville. This is a talented team with great coaching. Don't know anything about Huff really, but Bellville will be up to the challenge, bet on it. wink

Bull's-eye
11-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Who is the home team? I'm guessing Huffman, since they are closer to Thorne stadium.

nojoke
11-16-2003, 09:11 PM
have huffman played a team like bellville

QBKilla
11-17-2003, 01:45 AM
No, they haven't played a team the caliber of Bellville yet. I will give them this though, they are scrappy and if you keep them in the game Crew can bust one at any moment. Barbers Hill "contained" him and held him to his season low of 119 yds and a TD. Good luck to both teams, but I have to root for our 22-3A counterpart. Go get em Falcons.

BrahmaMom
11-17-2003, 11:59 AM
I think the Bellville defense can contain anybody they want. Thanks Sinton66 for you support, it's fun to share victories with previous opponents. I would be surprised if Huffman isn't overwhelmed by our offense, if they haven't played anyone close to Bellville's level yet this year. No injuries, guys, that makes the moms happy! Go Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
11-17-2003, 12:52 PM
We are having a lot of rain in the Houston area. Hopefully it will be gone by Friday. Does rain favor a running or passing team? Personally, I think it hurts everybody. Qb has trouble holding and passing the ball, receivers slip on their routes and have a hard time catching the ball. Runners are more prone to fumble and they have problems with their footing. The kicking game is diminished greatly. I hate to see a big play, or the game decided because somebody slipped or fell down.

BrahmaMom
11-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Have no fear, the Brahmas play very well in the mud. If a wet field is predicted, Coach Chancellor will work with it this whole week. May keep the score down, but I have seen the Bulls do fine in wet weather. Go Brahmas!

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 01:00 PM
No mud Friday night, just slippery astroturf.

huff78
11-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Sounds like Bellville has it won. Guess I'll just go hunting friday.

KL3
11-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Pretty sure the rain is supposed to be gone by Friday. I'm really anxious to see Bellville's speed on a turf field.

BrahmaMom
11-17-2003, 09:51 PM
Any EASY way to get there from Bellville? I'd ride with 22 but we all know he isn't going. Seriously, I'd like easy directions. Or maybe there's room on the magic bus I keep hearing about. Can't wait to watch my Brahmas!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Still dont know who is home team?

3AFTNUT
11-17-2003, 10:12 PM
This is a must see game

Footballfan25
11-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Bellville is home team

BrahmaMom
11-17-2003, 10:34 PM
This is only a must see game if you happen to be in the country! Right 22 & 73?

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 10:45 PM
Go ahead, we deserve it.

BrahmaMom
11-18-2003, 08:00 AM
You know I am just kidding, the love's there! I am still in shock, is all.

Bellville22
11-18-2003, 05:43 PM
It hurts me greatly that I will be unable to attend this game Friday night :( , but I will continue my weekly ritual, and put my prediction out there.

I think I worry more about this game than most people (probalby just freakin out since I'll be gone), but Huffman concerns me a little. I think this team has some sleeper in them, and if the Bulls come out flat, watch out. From what I understand, this Crew is a player. A big RB, who runs with power, and speed, behind a pretty good sized OL. That scares me, because it's no secret that Bellville's D isn't biggest around. Granted, they've stepped up tremendously over the past few weeks, and improved all year long. I don't look for the Falcons to change their game plan for the Bulls, I'm sure they'll feed it to Curtis often, and let him try to wear down the Bellville D, and control the clock at the same time. I say this about most of the teams Bellville plays, but it's usually true... I don't think Huffman has seen an offense like the Bulls. Most have said that the Huffman D is average, they'll certainly have to play their best game if they want to contend with Bellville.

Bellville came out last week and showed everyone that they were looking past no one. They opened up the playbook, and the scoreboard erupted. They played mistake free ball, except for the punt, but we won't get into that. If they play like that each week, they can beat anyone who stands in their path. I look for the same plan this week, think they'll mix it up, spread the ball around, and showcase their many offensive weapons. Defensively the Bulls have a big task. I think they'll run up against a bigger offense, so Bellville will have to rely on its speed and swarming to the ball. The DL, especially Henry, has been outstanding lately. I think they can out-quick the OL of Huffman, and make some things happen in the backfield. If they take that bend but don't break attitude, and get a couple of stops, I think they'll be fine, cause I see the offense scoring quite a few again this week.

Should be another fun week, the Brahmas are clicking and alot of people are picking them big, I'm a little more cautious...

Bellville 34
Huffman 20

Bellville22
11-18-2003, 05:43 PM
And seriously, where is Brahma73????

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
11-18-2003, 05:58 PM
I'm going with Belville on this one,
by at least 3 TD's

Brahma73
11-18-2003, 05:58 PM
Here I am!!! I've been cleaning my binoculars and folding my Speedo's for the weekend. It'll all be OK, 22. Our guys will live to play another day, and we'll be back out there with them next weekend.
Bellville is on a roll.

Bellville 42
Huffman 14

BrahmaMom
11-18-2003, 09:50 PM
Are you lending your binoculars to a Brahma fan attending the game, 73???? I thought it was only our reading vision that went when we aged. Oh, I'll bet you're taking them for 22! Anyway, I'm sure you're right, we'll win by pretty much, even without the family in the stands. Go, have a good time, and don't give the rest of us another thought!

Bellville22
11-18-2003, 11:17 PM
You think those binoculars are powerful enough to see Aldine's Stadium?

BrahmaMom
11-19-2003, 10:01 AM
Actually, I was thinking 73 was going to be girl watching on the beach! When I went to Cozumel, I remember girls from France swimming topless, quite different from the Bellville swimming pool! Try to keep each other out of significant trouble; the jails down there lose you and we have another game next Friday or Saturday. Adios, and have fun(but remember to be careful)!

jykoy
11-19-2003, 10:23 AM
22, don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Bellville22
11-19-2003, 01:00 PM
BrahmaMom:
Actually, I was thinking 73 was going to be girl watching on the beach! When I went to Cozumel, I remember girls from France swimming topless, quite different from the Bellville swimming pool! Try to keep each other out of significant trouble; the jails down there lose you and we have another game next Friday or Saturday. Adios, and have fun(but remember to be careful)!BrahmaMom: do you know nothing about jinxing a team? You can't say things like "we have another game next Friday." I hope you knocked on wood :mad: Next time, say "should the Bulls take care of business this Friday, we play again next week"

And do the girls from France shave their armpits?

And I know the French girls don't hang out at the Bellville Pool, but the Cat Spring Bikini Team was looking pretty hot this past summer :D

Bellville22
11-19-2003, 01:01 PM
jykoy:
22, don't do anything I wouldn't do.I was thinkin' I'd just chill by the pool, jam some Mastah8, and keep posted on the Bellville game.

Bull's-eye
11-19-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm looking for the Bellville's offense to strike early and often. This will force Huffman to play catch-up and get away from their running attack. Crew may get his yards, but probably on draw plays in passing situations. Very similar to Chris Smith and the Navasota game. Most people see this game coming down to Bellville's defense stopping Crew, I think it's the other way around. Bellville's offense should roll against Huffman's defense, thus forcing them out of their game plan.

Bellville 38
Huffman 14

Brahma73
11-19-2003, 01:41 PM
BrahmaMom:
When I went to Cozumel, I remember girls from France swimming topless, Shhhhhhhhh! My wife reads this stuff eek! Now she'll think it's okay if she runs around topless, too :p

Bull's-eye
11-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Bellville's number 1 fan , the "Red Storm" (man with the red mustache) will be sporting a new look this Friday. He has shaved his head, worn helmet decals and had his head painted. Wonder what he has done now? He also made a prediction.

Bellville 42
Huffman 19

<small>[ November 19, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

BrahmaMom
11-19-2003, 05:31 PM
Sorry 22, I meant to write that in a non-jinx sort of way. Don't listen to jykoy, he makes me nervous with statements like that. Your plan is superior. And, no the girl I knew from France did NOT shave, but from a distance with binoculars, it wouldn't matter. As a mom, that is all the closer I want you to go. Keep an eye on 73 and mate--they sound waaaayyyy ready to head south of the border!!!

BrahmaMom
11-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Bull's Eye, I can't wait to see you buddy at the game with his new look--his creativity is only surpassed by his loyalty to the Brahmas (notice HE'S staying in town for the game!)! GO BULLS!

KL3
11-19-2003, 07:03 PM
I think Crew will get his yards, but you can't beat Bellville, or any other great team for that matter, being too one-dimensional on offense. I agree with Bull's-eye, I think the main match-up will be Huffman's defense vs. Bellville's offense. Huffman can't allow Bellville to get out to an early lead and have to play catch-up.

I compare this game to the Sealy game, HH will be able to run the ball and time off the clock, but when Bellville does get the ball, they'll probably score very quickly.

Bellville 42
Huffman 20

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: KL3 ]</small>

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Hey 22 and 73 yall will get to Mexico, and get down to the pool, see all the topless swimmers, and forget about the Brahmas!
Make sure yall bring back pictures!

Bellville22
11-20-2003, 12:14 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey 22 and 73 yall will get to Mexico, and get down to the pool, see all the topless swimmers, and forget about the Brahmas!
Make sure yall bring back pictures!Doubtful

SintonFan
11-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Go Brahmas!!! Go Brahmas!!! Go Brahmas!!!

afflac65
11-20-2003, 08:50 PM
this is my football information about this game
bellville is good football team but they will have trouble if huffman can run the ball on them.
rice consolidated run the ball at will on bellville and in turn they used trick plays to score 2 touchdown against rice consolidated to beat them by 2 points. bellville has a average defense and defense win championships. if huffman runs the ball consitently againts bellville they will have shot if they dont it will be a long night for huffman.

the tigers are back
11-20-2003, 09:12 PM
I some what agree on that,but i don't think bellville will have to worry to much.I really think the key to this game will come down to the smartest coach and that will be chancelor.That coach really no how to pull out the big games and he's always got tricks for ya.I do beleive that bellville will have to stop the leading rusher in the state with over 2,000 yds plus and counting.I looked up some stats on crew and he had some good games this year.I see he had 18/239/1td against liberty tough defense.I also see he had 28/196/3tds against a tough Anahuac defense too.I think the only team that kept him under 150 yds was Barbers Hill.He only had 23/119/2tds,but i also see that he had a long run for 94 yds too; so tell me this is guy fast or just a power runner.I see the question is can Bellville stop the run,but on the other side can they stop the air attack of the bulls this could get very ugly.I just have one thing to say to the Falcons can ya'll pass the ball,because if ya'll can't than you know the story goodnight IRENE. wink :confused:

BrahmaMom
11-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the love SintonFan. I think the Brahmas are ready. Go Bulls!

afflac65
11-20-2003, 09:27 PM
thanks for the reply i agree with you on your anaylis on the bellville huffman game tonight.
who do you think will give bellville the toughest game in region 3 just wondering.

Chupacabra
11-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Believe you me, even if Bellville can't stop the run, Huffman will have trouble keeping up with Bellville's offense and will probably not be able to match the Brahmas' points by running the ball all night.

Rice did have success running the ball, but since the Rice game Bellville's defense has allowed an average of around 104 yds. game on the ground, and that's against some really good running backs (Chris Smith of Navasota who averaged 140 per game held to 105 yards, and Emeal Andrus of Sealy who averaged over 120 a game to 75 yards.)

Now Huffman's Crew averages over 200 yards per game, so Bellville can't expect to completely shut him down, but based on how the Bellville Defense came out last Friday against Giddings, I think they will hold Crew to one of his least productive nights of the season, and Huffman won't be able to find anyone else to carry their offense.

And If Bellville ends up beating Huffman to advance, and wins next week, I think the toughest opponent they will face in Region 3 will be the winner of Marlin vs. Newton, but let's worry about Huffman first.

Bellville 37
Huffman 17

afflac65
11-20-2003, 09:49 PM
i agree with you on that. rice consolidated just has a offensive line a notch above everybody else.
bellville has a balanced attack of run and pass. they should beat huffman. bellville only weakness is their defense but you cant tell it because their offense is so good. i like bellville to win
region 3 because region 3 has no oustanding defenses and no offenses that match the fire power of bellville.

shooootno15
11-20-2003, 10:12 PM
i see this to be a blowout. I believe Bellville will limit Crew to 145 yards 2 TD's.

Bellville-52
Huffman-14

TxHsFootball04
11-20-2003, 10:14 PM
how do u get to the stadium if you go through I10

afflac65
11-20-2003, 10:18 PM
take beltway 8 south off of i10 all the way in pasadena.

TxHsFootball04
11-20-2003, 10:21 PM
i thought it was on north houston i know that u get on beltway 8 north after that really dont know cant find newspaper laying anywhere around for directions

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Get on the toll way and head for Intecontinental airport, go past the hores track on your right, go over 45, when you pass over 45 greenspoint mall is on your left. keep going toward the airport look for the Aldein exit on right. exit stay on feeder and look to your right, by now you will see the stadium lights. Thorn Stadium is on the right of the toll way, one block from the toll-way.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Dont go by AFFLAC's directions unless you are going to Mickey Gilleys club, or the La Grange game.
Go the way I told you and the Exit you are looking for to exit the stadium is Aldine Westfield.

BH74
11-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Go get them Falcons!!! Hope you guys can beat them tomorrow. All of us from the Hill are pulling for all of you, and remember: "A battle sometimes decides everything; and sometimes the most trifling thing decides the fate of battle"-Napoleon. If I didn't have another engagment to attend tomorrow I would be supporting you guys. Good luck tomorrow!

BH#74

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: BH74 ]</small>

afflac65
11-20-2003, 11:45 PM
i dont want to make anybody mad but bellville will not win their region even if they beat huffman friday night because they are not battle tested and their defense is not so good. offense is great but defense wins championship.....

reptard7isCRAZY
11-21-2003, 12:17 AM
I will bet that afflac has never been near a Bellville game by his posts. That's alright though, he will soon be a believer. I think the score will be around shoootno15's prediction, but Crew will not get 145 yrds. With the Bellville defense being talked down on, you better believe they will be out to prove something. First team will not allow crew to get over 100 yrds rushing... 52-17 Bellville

afflac65
11-21-2003, 12:25 AM
i have been to a bellville game when they played rice consolidated bellville has not played a team with the speed and quickness in the offensive line since that rice game. bellville won that game by using 2 trick plays that led to 2 touchdowns. all i am saying when you start playing elite teams they know your weaknesses and will exploit them. if bellville plays someone with a very strong running game and a good defense they will have problems. by the look at the playoff picture bellville wont play anybody like that till the state tournamnent.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-21-2003, 12:40 AM
Rice was at the beginning of the year...there has been alot of improvement since then. Navasota and Sealy's running attack are just at strong as Rice's. Bellville played a sloppy game. If they meet again, which i doubt they will, you will see a new brahma team.

hornsfootball
11-21-2003, 12:44 AM
Enough talk. Let's let the boys play it out. I hate hype, b/c it can jump up and bite you.

Bull's-eye
11-21-2003, 01:00 AM
I agree with hornsfootball!

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

Bull's-eye
11-21-2003, 01:22 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by afflac65:
[QB]i have been to a bellville game when they played rice consolidated bellville has not played a team with the speed and quickness in the offensive line since that rice game. bellville won that game by using 2 trick plays that led to 2 touchdowns.

What is a "trick" play? Every play is designed to trick the opposition. A half-back pass on a defense that is stacking the line of scrimmage. A screen play for a blitzing defense. This is all part of the game. Rice runs a inside trap play that tricked Bellville most of the night. Bellville did finish with over 400 yds of offense on a very good defense.

cunbed10
11-21-2003, 08:39 AM
Bull's-eye:
Who is the home team? I'm guessing Huffman, since they are closer to Thorne stadium.Hey! Bell22 Thorne Stadium is where the Aldine MacArthur Generals played their games when I attended School there. This is a Turf Field, great seating, and good lighting.

BrahmaMom
11-21-2003, 09:39 AM
Hey afflac, I think you are going to be surprised. Wish I was sitting by ya at the game. Our defense will hold Crew to the lowest yardage of this season, I predict. One thing, D, watch out for the reverse, just a little motherly advice, actually pointed out by my husband. I hope some of the Brahmas are not paying attention in class today and checking out 3ADL. That could hurt us, guys. horns, you are right, too much hype comes back to haunt you--you have gotten so much wiser in college, I am so proud(and I think I have a right to be proud of you, as you are one of mine). Good luck, Brahmas, beat Huffman. GO BULLS!!!!!

Hoss
11-21-2003, 10:40 AM
FYI Bellville has given up 150 points in 11 games. Of These 150, 63 have come against the 2nd and 3rd teams in the 4th quarter. Coach Chancellor believes in pulling off, to save kids. He lost a D1 LB last year in the first game. Rice lost their QB late in 3rd quarter, in a blow out. Bellvilles D is mush better than their stats. Teams are averageing over 100 yards in the 4th quarter vs the 2nd and 3rd team. Last week Giddings score came against a mix of Freshmen and Jv call ups. Those that are under estimating the Bulls D, had better watch out. And as for the "trick Plays," Screens and option passes are part off the game!!! Learn to play D or go home!!! The Red Storm Defensive is up to any challenge!!! eek! :mad: eek!

sahen
11-21-2003, 11:40 AM
reptard7isCRAZY:
I will bet that afflac has never been near a Bellville game by his posts. That's alright though, he will soon be a believer. I think the score will be around shoootno15's prediction, but Crew will not get 145 yrds. With the Bellville defense being talked down on, you better believe they will be out to prove something. First team will not allow crew to get over 100 yrds rushing... 52-17 BellvilleIf bellville can hold Crew to less than 145 then i'd have to say they have one of the best defenses in 3a...this guy has a lotta power and enough speed to break a big run if he creates space...Bellville maybe able to hold him, but i doubt it..i still think bellville will win because of their experience in the playoffs and all, but i will be rooting for Huffman...Go Falcons!

afflac65
11-21-2003, 12:05 PM
i have been to the bellville sealy game and sealy has a good running attack. all i am saying the last 5 state champions in 3a football i have had a very strong running game and inturn used the passing game of the running game and also had a defense ranked in the top 5 in the state. dont get me wrong i like bellville i want them to go all the way. defense is their only weakness.

playa 3
11-21-2003, 12:12 PM
I don't know much about either team, but Bellville beat Rice Altair earlier in the year, and Rice has a potent offense. I think Bellville is going to go a long way this year!

Bull's-eye
11-21-2003, 12:32 PM
I've seen this defense all year long. This is a very good defense, that has really improved in the last several games. Last week, they were dominating Giddings. What they lack in size, they make up with quickness, strength and heart. Bellville has a quick-scoring offense that doesn't always eat up the clock. This puts the defense on the field for more plays. Subtract the 4th quarter stats (reserves playing) and take the average yards allowed per play, you would see that this is a very good defense. I hope the defense reads that somebody said they are the team's weakness, they might get a little angry.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Oh they have...I will assure you that.

playa 3
11-21-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm not even sure if coaches really care about what the fans think or what the fans are saying. The boys have plenty of motivation without hearing what the fans think. It is win or go home now.

afflac65
11-21-2003, 01:00 PM
i want all your bellville fans to listen to this.i have seen alot of football games this season and region 3 is the weakest region this year so bellville will win this game but its tougher and bellville just doesnt have the battle tested defense to stand up to a good team.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-21-2003, 01:07 PM
I'm starting to question your intelligence. . Many people will disagree with that.

afflac65
11-21-2003, 01:18 PM
all i am saying that bellville is winning big and they look good. when i say being battle tested i mean can bellville win the ugly games and knock sock drag out game when everything you want to do wont work that day. the only real good team that they have played is rice consolidated and run for 82yards and passed for 389 yards and 167 yards passing was from 2 trick plays and all of rice yards came right up the middle smash mouth football. if bellville faced a team like that their defense is very vuldnerable.........

reptard7isCRAZY
11-21-2003, 02:19 PM
WERE very vulnerable

afflac65
11-21-2003, 02:33 PM
this is my state semi-finalist out of region 3 is the winner of newton--marlin game winner due to the tougher opponnets and mental stamina. the winner out of region 4 is rice consolidated is due to their good defense and their dominating offensive line and their 2 great running backs...

hornsfootball
11-21-2003, 02:47 PM
hey afflacc or whatever duck boy insurance company dude. Name a team that bellville's defense will have trouble with and then name a team that can stop bellville's offense. (Keep in mind that it has to be the same team)

afflac65
11-21-2003, 02:57 PM
okay marlin if they beat them the buck will stop there. the team out of region 4 is much stronger.

BrahmaMom
11-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Afflac(although I prefer horns' duckboy), a little motherly advice: get off the Bellville defense. They don't need help getting pumped for the game, they have everything they need to stop Huffman and Crew. This is a group of tough, mean defensive players, I don't think you want to get them riled. Let's just go to the game and watch it, cheer for whoever you want, and we'll see what happens. Bellville is a strong team this year, you have to have been asleep all season not to realize that. So we'll just see who wins. I'll bet Crew isn't to excited about going up against Bellville tonight.
And I'd say he has good reality-testing! Don't sell the Brahma defense short--they aren't as big as I wish they were, but they make up for it in intensity and heart. I love those boys, so watch what you say about 'em. Wear a duck on your shirt or hat or something so the Brahma fans can identify you and we can chat after the game. Go Brahmas!

Chupacabra
11-21-2003, 03:05 PM
Now you're looking all the way to the semi-finals? This thread was created to discuss Bellville vs. Huffman, so I don't see any reason why anyone should speculate as to who will be playing who in a game that won't be take place for another 3 weeks. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, and take it all just one week at a time.

BrahmaMom
11-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Right, the Brahmas focus on one game at a time, and it seems to work well for them! Go BULLS!

KL3
11-21-2003, 03:23 PM
"when i say being battle tested i mean can bellville win the ugly games and knock sock drag out game when everything you want to do wont work that day."

Afflac65, that is why Bellville is so successful on offense, they have 6 legit weapons and when one thing isn't working they just use somebody else. If running Runnels up the middle is getting stuffed, quick pitch it to Jobbo outside and let him use his 4.4 speed. If its a quick defense and they are containing the outside running game, bust them up the middle with a 6'2" 220 RB who won't be tackled by one guy.

If the defense is putting 8 in the box, we'll let our athletic WR's beat the man coverage and Jess will have a field day.

I have to admit, like a lot of other people, I was a little skeptical of the defense early in the season. True, they gave up a lot of yards vs. Rice, who when helthy might have the best rushing offense in the state. But they have been outstanding since that game and do get overshadowed by the offense. I'm anxious to see how they will perform against Crew.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-21-2003, 04:21 PM
Hey Afflac why dont you go set on some duck eggs!

reptard7isCRAZY
11-21-2003, 07:18 PM
ttt

shooootno15
11-22-2003, 12:52 AM
hey aflac.....crew-22 rushes for 90 yards....now tell me who has the weak defense. ya thats what i thought, u obviously havent seen the red storm lately so do all of us a favor and stay with the team u do know and comment on them. thanks for ur cooperation duck boy.

Bull's-eye
11-22-2003, 01:03 AM
Hey Afflac65, Bellville didn't use any "trick" plays. The Bellville defense has seen better backs than Crew. They stopped him for his lowest output of the year and less than half of his season's average. He did get some late yards against the reserves. First team held him to about 50-60 yds.

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

the tigers are back
11-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Wow! what another spectacular game by the bulls and guess what it went just the way i said it would go.I will say this from here on out it will be a hard hill for the bulls to climb,but like i said Coach Chancelor knows how to put it together.I know that these 2 teams that bellville has played was a little weak,but hey afflac or duck the bulls has a squad(trust me)and you know that... man.I really beleive that if bellville can get past China spring it could really decide if the bulls will go to state,but we all know that Marlin or Newton stands in the way.I will just say this bulls in my heart i beleive that ya'll have to take these last 2 games seriously.I was at the game last night and i saw some things that bellville must work on this coming week.I really think the brahmas are a little shy in the secondary and not to make anyone upset,but the linkeage must be tighten up.I hear that China has a good qb and he can pass and run,but i just hope the linkeage be adjusted by next week.I am behind ya bulls let's represent this county like ya'll know how and let's take it to another level.Oh another thing this huffman rb was the worst i have ever seen and i don't know how he got all those yards,but he didn't excite me at all.I was at the game along the guard rails and before i type this please don't let this topic get under your nails.I was standing their when a white male walked up and said to me; man this team don't have no brothers and know speed.I noticed that right when they came through the tunnel,but that's know excuse,because 2 years ago when Austin westlake beat Madison and Madison had Vincent Young and host of others,but let's not make any excuses when bellville wins.Oh and that's go the other-way too,but lets not think that way though.GO BRAHMAS MAKE A BELEIVER OUT OF THE HOLD STATE. wink wink wink :D eek!

afflac65
11-22-2003, 10:12 AM
this game was a pretty easy game for bellville just like i predicted congratulations bellville.
i saw china spring play macgregor this year and these 2 teams are very similiar great offense and a okay defense but the edge goes to bellville in the kicking game. if bellville doesnt turnover the ball in this game they will win this by 10.

Bull's-eye
11-22-2003, 10:24 AM
afflac65:
this game was a pretty easy game for bellville just like i predicted congratulations bellville.
i saw china spring play macgregor this year and these 2 teams are very similiar great offense and a okay defense but the edge goes to bellville in the kicking game. if bellville doesnt turnover the ball in this game they will win this by 10.Afflac65, you did not pick Bellville to win. Go to the Blue Bell ice cream post!!!!

KL3
11-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Crew wasn't even the best RB in the game last night. In fact, Runnels and Bryant are both better than he is. Some stats from last night:

First downs:
Bellville 17
Huffman 10

Rushing:
Bellville 34 - 280
Huffman 35 - 159

Passing:
Bellville 10/16 206 yds
Huffman 6/15 50 yds

Bellville Ind. Rushing:
E. Sanders 7-92
H. Runnels 9-91 2 td's
J. Bryant 7-84 2 td's

Bellville Ind. Passing:
J. Buenger 10/16 206 yds 2 td's

Bellville Ind. Receiving:
B. Goeke 6-148 2 td's
E. Sanders 2-46
J. Bryant 1-7
H. Runnels 1-5

Bellville's starters were pulled towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

BrahmaMom
11-23-2003, 10:21 AM
afflac: I've been gone all weekend, just got back. Nice try at a recovery and humor. I have two words for you: quack, quack. I hope 22 & 73 are back for Friday (see, I didn't jinx us, thank goodness). Awesome game by the Brahmas. afflac, hope you realize our subs were in. Crew wasn't bad, but our D didn't have much trouble holding him. Brahmas: great game, guys. Keep it up. Y'all look like champs!

shooootno15
11-23-2003, 03:19 PM
hey aflac....no1 agrees with what ur saying. you obviously have NO idea of what ur talking about so stop wasting ur time and stop posting