PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears..can she do ANYTHING right??

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 02:49 PM
I have to admit, I kinda feel sorry for her...she can't win for losing!!

On the latest page of Britney Spears' controversial life, paparazzi have snapped photos of the 25-year-old star driving her convertible Mini Cooper with her 8-month-old son, Sean Preston, facing frontward, even though child safety advocates say children less than a year old should face backward. It's just the latest chapter in a life that's gone from pop princess to tabloid obsession.
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/x17_spears_car_060516_ssh.jpg

Phil C
05-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Buckle that kid up Brit! I am sure she won't repeat the mistake again. Remember she was raised in LA to a good christian Baptist family.

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Buckle that kid up Brit! I am sure she won't repeat the mistake again. Remember she was raised in LA to a good christian Baptist family.

He WAS buckled up...he just wasn't facing backwards! I don't think that was law (or the recommendation) when my kids were little.

Facing frontwards sure made it easier to pop the pacifier in their mouth!!

raider red 2000
05-17-2006, 02:54 PM
she will be fine.

she juist needs to make K Fed drive next time

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
that doesn't look like Brittany Spears to me...could be wrong though!

raider red 2000
05-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

i dont know....but K Fed went fertilzing again. :)

piratebg
05-17-2006, 02:59 PM
She may have had a couple of hit songs and raked in a lot of money, but this girl was supposed to end up in a trailer park. She is living the champagne life with a beer frame of mind.

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

How can you tell?? She's got rollers in her hair, that's one dead give-away to me!

pirate4state
05-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He WAS buckled up...he just wasn't facing backwards! I don't think that was law (or the recommendation) when my kids were little.

Facing frontwards sure made it easier to pop the pacifier in their mouth!! According to California law she didn't break any laws. However, public safety for child seats RECOMMEND that the child seat not face forward with a child under a year old and/or weighing more than 25(?) lbs. According to MOMMA Spears Sean weighs 35 lbs and thus is okay to ride facing forward! Poor baby is all hunched over in his car seat! :(

Sweetwater Red
05-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Look at that skin sagging underneath
her bi-ceps. THAT isn't Brittany Spears.

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
! Poor baby is all hunched over in his car seat! :(

Not much you can do about that though! After they graduate from the infant carseats that are more a lay down type to the bigger ones, if they fall asleep, their head is gonna roll around! It doesn't seem to bother the babies in the least!

pirate4state
05-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Not much you can do about that though! After they graduate from the infant carseats that are more a lay down type to the bigger ones, if they fall asleep, their head is gonna roll around! It doesn't seem to bother the babies in the least! They do have neck supports that can be attached to car seats to keep this from happening and I'd think that she could afford it. :)

raider red 2000
05-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Poor baby is all hunched over in his car seat! :(

maybe she turned real fast....and he hadnt popped up yet :)

pirate4state
05-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
her bi-ceps. THAT isn't Brittany Spears. LOL!! Well she is knocked up again!

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 03:09 PM

between that and the wide shoulders...I don't think that it is

44INAROW
05-17-2006, 03:13 PM
it's been 18 years since I've had a baby, but isn't 35 pounds pretty darned heavy for an 8 month old?

piratebg
05-17-2006, 03:17 PM
My 17mo son weighs about the same, but because he is a little shorter than some kids his age, he is chubby. I love him. :kiss:

Cameron Crazy
05-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Isnt she expecting another?:confused:

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 03:34 PM
They do have neck supports that can be attached to car seats to keep this from happening and I'd think that she could afford it. :)

Those things aren't worth a darn unless they are really young....an older child who can move his head around won't stay in it.

CHS_CG had one for Tot when they were here.....when she fell asleep her head rolled right out of it and over the side of the carseat.

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 03:41 PM
California Vehicle Code 27360 requires "all children under the age of 6 or weighing less than 60 pounds be in safety seats in the back seat of the car. Having a child in the child safety seat facing forward in the rear seat of the car is in compliance with California law."

Federal safety guidelines, however, recommend that children under 20 pounds ride in car seats that face rear.

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Federal safety guidelines, however, recommend that children under 20 pounds ride in car seats that face rear.

I love how these have weight requirements on there. It's like "well if the baby is 22 lbs...then it's SO much safer that the 20 lb baby is in a car seat. It's the same thing with automatic airbags. Heck they used to turn off at 110-115 lbs...but now most car makers have them set to disable between 75-90 lbs!!!

Buccaneer
05-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Those things aren't worth a darn unless they are really young....an older child who can move his head around won't stay in it.

CHS_CG had one for Tot when they were here.....when she fell asleep her head rolled right out of it and over the side of the carseat.
Duct tape works well !

Cameron Crazy
05-17-2006, 04:17 PM
lol duct tape that babys head to the carseat lol

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
lol duct tape that babys head to the carseat lol

always a good idea...CPS wouldn't mind one bit!

LH Panther Mom
05-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Have you seen a picture of her lately? :eek:

SPF25
05-18-2006, 12:12 PM
i think her and her husband need to take some parenting classes.

pirate4state
05-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Oops...she did it again! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060519/ap_en_mu/people_spears)

It can happen to anyone, but when you are in the public eye everyone is gonna read about it!! :doh: :doh: Good thing she didn't fall!!

Ranger Mom
05-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Oops...she did it again! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060519/ap_en_mu/people_spears)

It can happen to anyone, but when you are in the public eye everyone is gonna read about it!! :doh: :doh: Good thing she didn't fall!!

I guess it's a slow week in Hollywood if that's the only thing they can find to report on!

Hell, I guess I better be glad I'm not famous...I did some pretty boneheaded things when I was a new mother too.

Had my son in a car sear when he was about 4 weeks old in a single cab truck. His daddy had to slam on the brakes to miss a car that pulled out and although my son was strapped in to his car seat, I had forgotten to buckle the seat in....baby and carseat ended upside down on the floor. He was shook up but fine, I was worse off than he was!

Brittany Spears stumbled and COULD have dropped the baby, but didn't....lets call CPS and have her declared an unfit mother...she should be sterilized and not allowed to have sex anymore in case the the sterilization process doesn't take!!!! Maybe her unborn child should be taken from her at birth and given to parents who have never inadvertantly put their child in harm's way.......wait...that would mean the child would grow up an orphan!! :p :p :p