PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Poll

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Well the girl suckered me in to watching last night so I figured I would go ahead and poll everybody this morning...those that watched it. BTW...I did find the results of the voting from an "inside source" that has been spot on for the past 9 weeks on the voting totals. If you want them...then maybe I can post them later but we have to take the 3ADL poll first!:D

Cameron Crazy
05-17-2006, 10:02 AM
William Hung was underestimated!

Bandera YaYa
05-17-2006, 10:51 AM
This is not a bash AI post.....God Bless all it's faithful....but I really wonder why anyone believes that he or she can become a "rock" star??? I mean rock has it's wonderful place in history....I love rock but seriously doubt a new wave will be forthcoming...like that dude with the long hair last year, don't remember his name, I do hear his name from time to time, but seems like it's always for some medical thingy that happened to him. BUT just using him as an example, I just don't think someone is going to become a huge "rock" star today. The music from the 60's and 70's were true rock....Just my opinion and keep on singing!!! Anyone disagree?? :D :kiss:

Cameron Crazy
05-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Its pop not rock! Quit bashing american idol

44INAROW
05-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Its pop not rock! Quit bashing american idol

ROFL I'd say Cameron disagrees with you YAYA :p

I do agree that the music from the 60's and 70's is true ROCK :)

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
This is not a bash AI post.....God Bless all it's faithful....but I really wonder why anyone believes that he or she can become a "rock" star??? I mean rock has it's wonderful place in history....I love rock but seriously doubt a new wave will be forthcoming...like that dude with the long hair last year, don't remember his name, I do hear his name from time to time, but seems like it's always for some medical thingy that happened to him. BUT just using him as an example, I just don't think someone is going to become a huge "rock" star today. The music from the 60's and 70's were true rock....Just my opinion and keep on singing!!! Anyone disagree?? :D :kiss:

I agree...no one will ever be able to reproduce the classics.

Chris is out though anyway, so there are no "rock" stars left in the competition!

That being said, Nickelback is one of my favorite new "rock" groups. I'm not sure what they call that kind of rock today though! Alternative??

District303aPastPlayer
05-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I agree...no one will ever be able to reproduce the classics.

Chris is out though anyway, so there are no "rock" stars left in the competition!

That being said, Nickelback is one of my favorite new "rock" groups. I'm not sure what they call that kind of rock today though! Alternative??

define rock today.. nickelback is alternative rock... metallica is still rock :)

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Alternative??

Isn't it ironic that "alternative" rock is now the mainstream music??? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
05-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Isn't it ironic that "alternative" rock is now the mainstream music??? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

new wave punk rock is beginning to take over as rock... but hip hop is still the biggest music in america right now imo

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
define rock today.. nickelback is alternative rock... metallica is still rock :)

Were you addressing that to me??

Isn't that what I was asking??:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
05-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Were you addressing that to me??

Isn't that what I was asking??:confused:

i think i did it for you, defining rock that is...

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 11:20 AM
so nobody wants to know the results???

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i think i did it for you, defining rock that is...

I see what you are saying now....you weren't telling ME to define rock...you wre just leading into what YOU were saying!!

I GET IT NOW!!!!:D

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 11:22 AM

I do I do!!

44INAROW
05-17-2006, 11:23 AM

I do, I do

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I do, I do

I do I do!!

Just for the ladies...these are the preliminary numbers according to some "inside source"

Taylor - 39%
Katherine - 32%
Elliot - 29%

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Just for the ladies...these are the preliminary numbers according to some "inside source"

Taylor - 39%
Katherine - 32%
Elliot - 29%

Your poll asked who was leaving tonight.

Is that was this poll is?? If so, they are predicting Taylor?? Or...is it who will stay and they are predicting Elliot will leave??

I CONFUSED!:(

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Your poll asked who was leaving tonight.

Is that was this poll is?? If so, they are predicting Taylor?? Or...is it who will stay and they are predicting Elliot will leave??

I CONFUSED!:(

Those would be the %'s of votes that the person got to stay on the show. So in that case Elliot IS going home. Simon saved Katherine by picking "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for her to sing. Now if we could just get rid of her hooker outfit in the 3rd song...and maybe pick a different Ella song (I was thinking she was going to sing "Fever" for a second)...then she would have dominated last night!

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 11:39 AM
This is from the ZABA site....they have been pretty accurate too. I don't know if they saw Chris leaving last week though!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/ai_stats1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/ai_stats2b.jpg

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 11:39 AM
This is from the ZABA site....they have been pretty accurate too. I don't know if they saw Chris leaving last week though!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/ai_stats1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/ai_stats2b.jpg

what is the link to the site because I can't see those pictures because of our filter

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 11:41 AM
nevermind I found it...

http://www.zabasearch.com/ai_stats.php

EricDraven
05-17-2006, 11:53 AM
I could care less now that Chris is gone. I hope Taylor gets some medication for that condition of his "spazitis".

DaHop72
05-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
ROFL I'd say Cameron disagrees with you YAYA :p

I do agree that the music from the 60's and 70's is true ROCK :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

buffpride
05-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know how much Chris Daughtry lost by?

Phil C
05-17-2006, 01:21 PM
The lady is going to win.

raider red 2000
05-17-2006, 01:22 PM
do yall really watch that stuff?

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
Does anyone know how much Chris Daughtry lost by?

enough...

wedo
05-17-2006, 04:00 PM
IMO it doesn't matter who wins now!!!!! B/C Chris was voted off and he will make it big time in music, more than the other three!!Everyone will remember Chris not Elliot, Katherine or Taylor!!!!

Half of the AI winner are one hit wonders!!!!!

DaHop72
05-17-2006, 04:12 PM
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Well they just showed them all in their hometowns....I like Elliot the least, but his homecoming touched me the most. Now just waiting to see if our votes are right!!

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Well we were right...but could it have been any closer??

33.06%

33.26%

33.68%

44INAROW
05-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Bye Bye Elliot :(

Can't get any closer than that........

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Well we were right...but could it have been any closer??

33.06%

33.26%

33.68%

I guess that's why the numbers I had were called preliminary. I don't know if I said that earlier or not...

CHS_CG
05-18-2006, 07:02 AM
My best friend was watching Ellen the other day and she was talkin to president bush and president clinton, and said "now guys.. is there ANYWAY you could use the power and put chris BACK ON American Idol" and clinton busted out with "Well, I am not president any more and when I was even I didnt have THAT MUCH POWER" lol that just made me laugh when she said that..

I think Kat sucked last night to be honest, her first song was really bad, you cant get away from the melody that much in a song like that and expect it to be ok... her 2nd one was ok and her 3rd one was ok but Elliott has been doin a lot better than her for a few weeks now.. I really hope taylor wins, hes a great singer and fun to watch on stage!

FbCoachB40
05-18-2006, 08:09 AM
What????????????? What are you guys talking about? Kat may be raw and have some things to learn, but she has the best voice on the show bar none. The first time my wife and I heard her sing, we called it that she would be in the final 3. I missed on Chris being one of those.

Ranger Mom
05-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
What????????????? What are you guys talking about? Kat may be raw and have some things to learn, but she has the best voice on the show bar none. The first time my wife and I heard her sing, we called it that she would be in the final 3. I missed on Chris being one of those.

Of the top 3, Taylor was my favorite and still is now. I still think Kat has the better voice though, but even after admitting that, she still wouldn't get my vote...if I voted.

Taylor has more personality and is funner to watch to me. The few times I DO vote, I don't vote for the one who sang the best on that particular night..I vote for my favorite....which I am sure 99% of the voters do to!

raider red 2000
05-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40

i am ashamed that you watch this stuff.

BTW- the chick wins.....grey haired guys arnt my idol

pancho villa
05-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

BTW- the chick wins.....grey haired guys arnt my idol

Only women and "happy" men watch that show!

raider red 2000
05-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Only women and "happy" men watch that show!

:)

wedo
05-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Of the top 3, Taylor was my favorite and still is now. I still think Kat has the better voice though, but even after admitting that, she still wouldn't get my vote...if I voted.

Taylor has more personality and is funner to watch to me. The few times I DO vote, I don't vote for the one who sang the best on that particular night..I vote for my favorite....which I am sure 99% of the voters do to!

In my opinion they will both be one hit wonders, if even that!!!

Ranger Mom
05-18-2006, 09:43 AM

Well....fortunately for me, I have never given a rat's patootie what anyone thinks of me .... so you can give your shame to someone else, it's wasted here!!:D :D :p

raider red 2000
05-18-2006, 09:50 AM
RM- like my buddy pancho said girls can watch it.

i just hope that FBcoach40 isnt happy like pancho suggsts :)

raider red 2000
05-18-2006, 09:50 AM
RM- so who is going to win?

Ranger Mom
05-18-2006, 09:54 AM
RM- so who is going to win?

I have no clue. I like Taylor, but Kat is talented too!

Chris was my favorite though...after he got voted off, I really didn't care who won.

Phil C
05-18-2006, 10:03 AM
It is what I have said all along. The Lady is going to win it all next week.

raider red 2000
05-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is what I have said all along. The Lady is going to win it all next week.

phil i agree.

and we need to show some compassion for the losers :)

Ranger Mom
05-18-2006, 10:17 AM
phil i agree.

and we need to show some compassion for the losers :)

If it is up to Randy, Simon and Paula, it will be Taylor! You can tell they are pushing for a male idol this season.

There has only been one so far!!

The "Kat" bashers are out in full force though...everywhere I read, and even on the radio this morning, I heard about how classless people thought Kat and her family were for cheering and celebrating when Elliot was annouced as the one going home.

My question is.....How could you NOT be happy for yourself?

Ranger Mom
05-18-2006, 10:19 AM
It's funny to me that Katherine is now losing in this poll!

Why in the heck are people still voting after the fact??:confused: :confused:

Adidas410s
05-18-2006, 10:36 AM
It's funny to me that Katherine is now losing in this poll!

Why in the heck are people still voting after the fact??:confused: :confused:

cuz I didn't put an end date on the poll.