PDA

View Full Version : DVR Question

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Is there a way that you can get something that you have on your DVR off and onto a CD and/or DVD? I'm assuming that if you have a writeable DVD player you could do this. Also, would it be possible to move the file onto my computer since I can connect to my DVR box by USB cable?

Old Tiger
05-17-2006, 09:16 AM
I know Dish Network sales those little players that you can upload video onto. Have you tried contacting them?

LH Panther Mom
05-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Yes, the DVD recorder would work or TIVO box with built-in. LHPD does it all the time. :nerd: :nerd: He said "no" on the direct to the computer thingy, but then if there's a will, there might be a way. ;)

TMer25
05-17-2006, 10:01 AM
An ATI All In Wonder graphics card has the necessary connections to allow you to hook up your dvr to your computer and transfer files to your computer's hard drive.

LH Panther Mom
05-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by TMer25
An ATI All In Wonder graphics card has the necessary connections to allow you to hook up your dvr to your computer and transfer files to your computer's hard drive.
Please do NOT let lhpd know this. :nerd: :nerd: :D

Ranger Mom
05-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by TMer25

It does?? I have one of those!!! YIPPEE!!!!!

Now, if I only had a DVR!!:(

Adidas410s
05-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

let's hook up sometime...you bring your thing and I'll bring mine! ;)

TMer25
05-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

They usually either have an S-Video input or composite input to allow you to record video to your hard drive.