PDA

View Full Version : Northwest ISD Stadium

Bullaholic
05-16-2006, 04:37 PM
I tried to find a couple of pics of the new Northwest ISD stadium at Justin, TX last season, but was unsuccessful. I found a couple of pics online today. This is one nice football facillity. Bridgeport has played a couple of playoff games there, and it was really a nice visit. This stadium even has cameras at the concession stands (including Chik-fil-a) so you don't miss any of the action if you go to the concessions before the half. Not bad for a 4A school. I hope the Bulls get to play some playoff games there this season.

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/nwstadium.jpg

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/nwstadium2

pirate44
05-16-2006, 04:38 PM
wow, that sounds nice and expensive

Adidas410s
05-16-2006, 04:45 PM
I have a few photos from the Decatur/Gainesville game last November. I'll try and post those later...

Bullaholic
05-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I have a few photos from the Decatur/Gainesville game last November. I'll try and post those later...

That's great, Adidas---so you've been to this stadium. I'm really impressed by it. I just can't believe that some ISD's can spend $18-20 Mil on a stadium---I'm glad that they do, but I just don't know how they manage it.

VWG
05-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
That's great, Adidas---so you've been to this stadium. I'm really impressed by it. I just can't believe that some ISD's can spend $18-20 Mil on a stadium---I'm glad that they do, but I just don't know how they manage it.

I was told that a portion of this stadium, off of HWY 114, was financed off of land that the NW ISD owns in the very hot Barnett Shale. Huge natural gas field around the Fort Worth area.
Basically, the school district is raking it in due to mineral rights they own within the land that school property is on.

Mineral Wells had a bond package up for vote for a new high school field to seat about 8,000 and with new artificial turf.
Mineral Wells, a small 4A school, has a dump for a stadium.
They really need to upgrade. Baseball stadium is super, as many playoff games are played there, along with it being the home of the Texas Collegiate League Mineral Wells Steam.

Bullaholic
05-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I was told that a portion of this stadium, off of HWY 114, was financed off of land that the NW ISD owns in the very hot Barnett Shale. Huge natural gas field around the Fort Worth area.
Basically, the school district is raking it in due to mineral rights they own within the land that school property is on.

Mineral Wells had a bond package up for vote for a new high school field to seat about 8,000 and with new artificial turf.
They really need to upgrade. Baseball stadium is super, as many playoff games are played there, along with it being the home of the Texas Collegiate League Mineral Wells Steam.

Yep, the Barnett Shale is helping a lot or Districts adjacent to Bridgeport, VWG. You are correct about that old Mineral Wells football stadium---wooden bleachers that cause you to have to pick the splinters out of your butt---and about a 60 degree seating incline---if you trip going down....next stop is the bottom row. I hope Mineral Wells can find a way to finance a new stadium soon.

Cameron Crazy
05-16-2006, 05:18 PM
I wish Graham would build something like that we do not have that kind of money!

Ranger Mom
05-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by VWG

I heard from a friend that the taxes from the racetrack paid for most of the stadium!

Cameron Crazy
05-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Would that be Texas Motor Speedway?