PDA

View Full Version : ABC Fall Lineup

44INAROW
05-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Since this seems to be a good day for information, I thought I'd share the ABC Fall Lineup I ran across today....... (I hate to see Commander in Chief go :( - at least they left "Boston Legal" on Tuesday night)

ABC kills ‘Invasion’ and ‘Freddie,’ adds a dozen newcomers
By Diane Holloway | Tuesday, May 16, 2006, 09:07 AM
http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/tvblog/index.html

Although ABC has found booming success with several of its prime-time series, the network apparently felt the need to experience seismic shifts come fall.

Thus, this morning, the alphabet folks told advertisers in New York that a dozen new series — six dramas and six comedies — will join the schedule in the fall. And three new reality series have been picked up, too.

To make room for the new dozen, ABC has canceled “Invasion” (so we’ll never really know what happened to the hybrids), “Commander in Chief,” “Primetime Live,” “Hope & Faith” and “Freddie.” “Alias,” you’ll recall, ended its run, and ABC gave up “Monday Night Football.”

A surprise renewal is the spring newcomer “What About Brian.” An even bigger surprise is the shift of the hit “Grey’s Anatomy” from 9 p.m. Sundays to 8 p.m. Thursdays. If you’re a fan of “George Lopez,” don’t panic; the comedy will return after “Dancing with the Stars” ends later in the fall.

The new dramas are:

“Brothers & Sisters,” the family saga about adult siblings that stars Calista Flockhart, Ron Rifkin, Balthazar Getty, Rachel Griffiths and Patricia Wettig.

“Day Break,” with Taye Diggs as a detective who’s been framed for murder of the assistant district attorney. He is doomed to live the same day over until he solves his own case.

“Men in Trees,” starring Anne Heche as a relationship coach whose own relationships are less than fabulous.

“The Nine,” about the twists of fate encountered by nine people thrown together in a bank robbery and resulting hostage standoff. Tim Daly, Chi McBride, Scott Wolf and Kim Raver star.

“Six Degrees,” an “intriguing tale of intertwined destinies” of six attractive New Yorkers, from creator J.J. Abrams (“Lost”).

“Traveler,” about two young friends on the lam after being falsely accused of terrorism and a friend who is mysteriously missing.

The new comedies are: “Betty the Ugly,” an hourlong chuckler about an overweight Latina woman (America Ferrera) who works at a high-fashion magazine.

“Big Day,” about all the horrors that can happen on a couple’s wedding day (Marla Sokoloff and Josh Cooke star).

“Help Me Help You,” with Ted Danson as a group therapist; “In Case of Emergency,” about the disparate lives of former high-school friends (the enormous cast includes Jonathan Silverman and David Arquette).

“Let’s Rob …” about a guy who hopes to open a bar with proceeds from robbing Mick Jagger.

“Notes from the Underbelly,” about a newly pregnant couple and “the politics of parenthood.”

The reality shows, that will rotate in as replacements, are “Greg Behrendt’s Wake-Up Call,” a tough-love approach to romantic advice; “Just for Laughs,” a hidden-camera “real comedy”; and “Set for the Rest of Your Life,” in which contestants vie for a lifelong monthly paycheck.

The ABC prime-time schedule looks like this: (New series in italics.)

SUNDAY

6-7 p.m. “America’s Funniest Home Videos”

7-8 p.m. “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”

8-9 p.m. “Desperate Housewives”

9-10 p.m. “Brothers & Sisters”

MONDAY

7-8 p.m. “Wife Swap”

8-9 p.m. “The Bachelor”

9-10 p.m. “What About Brian”

TUESDAY

7-8 p.m. “Dancing with the Stars”

8-8:30 p.m. “Let’s Rob …”

8:30-9 p.m. “Help Me Help You”

9-10 p.m. “Boston Legal”

WEDNESDAY

7-8 p.m. “Dancing with the Stars”

8-9 p.m. “Lost”

9-10 p.m. “The Nine”

THURSDAY

7-7:30 p.m. “Big Day”

7:30-8 p.m. “Notes from the Underbelly”

8-9 p.m. “Grey’s Anatomy”

9-10 p.m. “Six Degrees”

FRIDAY

7-8 p.m. “Betty the Ugly”

8-9 p.m. “Men in Trees”

9-10 p.m. “20/20”

SATURDAY

7-10 p.m. Saturday Night College Football

Adidas410s
05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
glad to hear that What About Brian is sticking around. For all 4 episodes of it...I really got into it and all of my friends here in Dallas watched and/or DVR'd every episode of it. It's a really good show in my opinion.

Buccaneer
05-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Anne Heche as a relationship coach?

Maroon87
05-16-2006, 04:01 PM
They drop "Invasion" and keep "Dancing with the Stars." Makes perfect sense...:rolleyes: :mad:

44INAROW
05-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
They drop "Invasion" and keep "Dancing with the Stars." Makes perfect sense...:rolleyes: :mad:
I was thinking the same thing.. also with Wife Swap :rolleyes:

Maroon87
05-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

I think Sci-Fi should pick up "Invasion." It would be perfect for them.:cool:

Adidas410s
05-16-2006, 04:10 PM
either way...as long as you and I have Boston Legal on Tuesday night then the world is still alright! I can't wait for the 2 hour finale tonight! :D

http://abc.go.com/primetime/bostonlegal/slides/episode_15/large09.jpg

44INAROW
05-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
either way...as long as you and I have Boston Legal on Tuesday night then the world is still alright! I can't wait for the 2 hour finale tonight! :D

http://abc.go.com/primetime/bostonlegal/slides/episode_15/large09.jpg
I have TIVO set on 2 TV's........ can't wait :)

Buccaneer
05-16-2006, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maroon87
They drop "Invasion" and keep "Dancing with the Stars." Makes perfect sense...:rolleyes: :mad: [/QUOTE
I watch Invasion and have never seen "Dancing" but it gets great ratings so I am sure it makes perfect sense to the ABC Execs.

Buccaneer
05-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Saturday Night Football starts Sept 2 with Notre Dame and Georgia followed the next week with Ohio State at Texas. Then 9 more games ending with the Big 12 championship.

Maroon87
05-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maroon87
They drop "Invasion" and keep "Dancing with the Stars." Makes perfect sense...:rolleyes: :mad: [/QUOTE
I watch Invasion and have never seen "Dancing" but it gets great ratings so I am sure it makes perfect sense to the ABC Execs.

Yep...it's all about the "bean counters" unfortunately...:(

TheDOCTORdre
05-16-2006, 08:11 PM
anyone else on here a Grey's Anatomy fan?

KingRob
05-16-2006, 08:42 PM

44IAR, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you need to get out a bit more dear.......;)

MHSvarsity2007
05-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

OMG greys anatomy...it owns me. total addict.

crabman
05-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

Duh, its only one of the best shows on tv right now. I missed the finale though, which really sucks.

TheDOCTORdre
05-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Duh, its only one of the best shows on tv right now. I missed the finale though, which really sucks.
how can you call yourself a fan of the show

un b weavable
05-16-2006, 09:19 PM

Sorry, crabman. Got on the wrong computer and made a post under your name.

44INAROW
05-16-2006, 09:40 PM

I bet I know someone who still has it on TIVO and could record it for you:D