PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Hempstead Track

Jetlag
05-16-2006, 12:02 PM
The track season has come and gone. The Hempstead track team is due a congratulations on a superb season. It was a discovery season for the young Bobcats. From start to finish, it became a learning experience. My hat goes off to those 6 young men. Reginald Kennedy, Willie Vanduren, Chris Tate, Terrance Toliver, Xavier Smith and Chris Busby. Job well done guys.

4x100jackets
05-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Who are they loosing this yr? SR's .
Boy if they would have had 5 more meters in the 4x100 they would have won it...Was fun to watch..

Jetlag
05-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Willie Vanduren and Reginald Kennedy are the two seniors on the team. Chris Busby is only a freshman. He was an altenate.

BTEXDAD
05-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I wanted to give some provs to them also.
I mentioned before, they came to the District 20 track meet with only a handful of guys and almost won it. Bellville was able to get a lot of 4th-6th finishes to win which Hempstead couldn't get with only one or two people and nobody in some events. But Hempstead won all three relays at district which moved them way up there.

BTEXDAD
05-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Jetlag
Willie Vanduren and Reginald Kennedy are the two seniors on the team. Chris Busby is only a freshman. He was an altenate.

So tate and tolliver will be back? I feel sorry for the other class 2A track teams next year.

Jetlag
05-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
So tate and tolliver will be back? I feel sorry for the other class 2A track teams next year. I was there friday for the 2A portion of the meet. Don't be to quick to feel sorry for those 2A guys. Their times were equal or better than mosts of the 3A times. Should be very competitive.

KL3
05-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Tate and Tolliver are only Jrs. and are both big time D1 football guys. Tolliver is a top 10, maybe top 5 player in the state. He has offers from every school you can think of including USC, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Notre Dame. He's probably a top 30-40 player in the nation if not higher.

Tate is not that highly regarded but is being actively recruited by the Big 12 with an offer from Baylor already.

KTJ
05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Well, Agricultural is not in the mix anymore for Toliver.

Just released per rivals.com

-----------------------------------------

As if there weren't enough teams banging down the door for Rivals100 wide receiver Terrance Toliver, another big program has made their intentions clear with their offer for the talented young man.

Monday afternoon, the 6-foot-5, 180-pounder, was brought into his coach's office and handed a letter from Southern Cal. Toliver then had a lengthy phone conversation with Trojan head coach Pete Carroll. With USC now in the mix, his top five is changing once again.

Coach Carroll just told me that they were very excited about me and they wanted me to come during the summer for a visit," Toliver said. "I'm trying to find a way to get out there. They're in my top five now.

"I know it keeps changing and it will continue to change. But, right now it's USC, LSU, Oklahoma, Miami, and Texas Tech."

With scholarship offers also coming from numerous other Big 12 programs, Toliver says that as he talks to different coaches, his favorites change.

"Texas Tech, they pass the ball and you have to like that," Toliver said. "Miami has always been one of my favorites because they're always had a good program. Oklahoma has a young quarterback and I feel like I could fit into that offense. LSU is where my uncle went, so that's why they're there.

"Plus I feel really good about that coaching staff at LSU."

As for the Trojans, Toliver says he's not only struck up a relationship with coach Carroll, but his recruiter Ken Norton Jr..

"Coach Norton is a good dude," he said. "I've been talking with him for a while and he gets real excited when he talks with me on the phone."

Toliver says he's already thinking about an official visit his fall to get out to the West Coast to see what the Trojans have to offer. First will be unofficial visits and the talented Texan says LSU is the first team on his mind.

"That's one I know for sure I'm going to visit," he said. "They've been talking to my coach and we're going to try get out there this summer."

All the while, the talented young man is finishing up spring football and trying to squash all the rumors.

"Oh man, I hear them all the time," he said. "First, I heard that someone was reporting I committed to Texas A&M. That's not true. I'm trying to tell everyone that I'm not committed to anyone.

"It gets out of control sometimes.

KL3
05-16-2006, 03:11 PM
KTJ, I have read that article already. You want to bet me another update will come out next week and he will have a new top 5? I thought you followed this stuff and knew how much these things change. At the end, the hometown team, with great facilities, with great fans, who run a spread offense, will be in his final few schools.

44INAROW
05-16-2006, 03:23 PM
So tate and tolliver will be back? I feel sorry for the other class 2A track teams next year.

Is Hempstead going to 2A next year?

Brahma73
05-16-2006, 04:29 PM
I wanted to give some provs to them also.
I mentioned before, they came to the District 20 track meet with only a handful of guys and almost won it. Bellville was able to get a lot of 4th-6th finishes to win which Hempstead couldn't get with only one or two people and nobody in some events. But Hempstead won all three relays at district which moved them way up there.

Hempstead DID win the district track meet. Bellville was 2nd.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73
Hempstead DID win the district track meet. Bellville was 2nd.

Bellville won the District meet, Hempstead was 2nd.

Haunta Yo
05-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville won the District meet, Hempstead was 2nd.

This is battle/war talk...

Bellville won the district with numbers, but Hempstead won the REGION and almost pulled off a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

HPLJ6L
05-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Bellville High School won the 20 3a district meet. Hempstead was runner up.

Hempstead ran all the relays, 100, 200, 400, long and high jump. Bellville had a kid in EVERY event and it came down to the second day.

Hempstead won Region 3 meet.

Hempstead was runner up for 3a track at state meet.

Congratulations on a solid year. Now if Coach Sargent would take a look at the baseball team........

BTEXDAD
05-17-2006, 09:34 AM
As badly as Hempstead beat Bellville at Regional track and the fact that Bellville sent no one to state meet, it probably seems like a dream that Bellville actually beat them at District, but they did. Nine district championships in a row for Bellville boys.
Great season for Hempstead, though.

Jetlag
05-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Is Hempstead going to 2A next year? Hempstead will be in 26AA next year along with Lexington, Hearne, Somerville,Franklin,Trinity,New Waverly and Onalaska.

44INAROW
05-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Jetlag
Hempstead will be in 26AA next year along with Lexington, Hearne, Somerville,Franklin,Trinity,New Waverly and Onalaska.

thanks jetlag....... I wish them well in 2A :)