PDA

View Full Version : Ft Worth teams that went to 4a

cat48
02-06-2002, 01:44 PM
What is in store for these teams that made the jump from 3A to 4A?

cat48
02-06-2002, 01:51 PM
Shouldn't aledo fair well even though they ended up in a tougher district than foe alvarado? But i also have heard on another board that even though alvarado is going to be in a district not as tough as aledo that alvardo is losing alot of their starters and overall talent. So it might be just like a to couple of years ago when alvarado moved up to 4A and got shelled in every sport. Let me know something on this please!

rholl
02-06-2002, 04:45 PM
From what I understand Alvarado will be down this yr. and probably next yr. also. Looks like last yrs freshman class is the next hope from them. Not a good way to start 4A.

cat48
02-06-2002, 05:46 PM
Thats not a way you want to start 4A. You can't wait out some down seasons in hope of a class coming through because you never know what is going to pan out. Heard that the freshman class has a few good athletes but nothing to keep them from losing in 4A. How is the town of alvarado going to handle some losing seasons? Let me know because i am just curious to hear!

Matthew328
02-06-2002, 11:48 PM
When I was at Everman we were in Alvarado's district..and that district in 1996-1997 and 1997-1998 was a BEAR...check this out...13-4A Everman, Waxahachie, Burleson, Cleburne, Cedar Hill, Midlothian, Joshua and Alvarado..so those 2 years Alvarado was playing with a short deck in almost every sport..I think the first year they went like 3-7 and 0-7 in district...their second year they were like 6-4 or something like that..so they were competitve the sceond year..their district now isn't as tough..Aledo will have problems also..B'wood, S'ville and Crowley plus throw in an improving N Crowley squad...could be a long 2 years..ohh and Springtown will struggle also playin in the Wichita Falls district

VWG
02-06-2002, 11:48 PM
Aledo will have to fight for a playoff spot in their new district.
Brownwood, Stephenville, etc...
Not an easy district in 4A at all.
Any team moving up in classification will have it's ups and downs, and whether or not Aledo and Alvarado can make the playoffs is a guess at this point.
The road will be harder. A lot harder.

VWG
02-06-2002, 11:52 PM
I also agree that Springtown will have a real tough road to make the playoffs. People don't remember but, WF High and WF Rider were old 5A schools that until Wichita Falls ISD went citywide de-segregation they went down in classification. Now that Springtown is growing and moving up, it will be tough to get past WF High, WF Rider, Azle, and WF Hirschi is always a tough team.

Jacket2000
02-07-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by cat48:
Shouldn't aledo fair well even though they ended up in a tougher district than foe alvarado? But i also have heard on another board that even though alvarado is going to be in a district not as tough as aledo that alvardo is losing alot of their starters and overall talent. So it might be just like a to couple of years ago when alvarado moved up to 4A and got shelled in every sport. Let me know something on this please!
I will be VERY suprised if Aledo makes the playoffs this season. There's a pretty big jump from 3A to 4A, and having to go through Stephenvile and Brownwood doesnt help matters any. I look for Aledo to be down for the next few years.
Alvarado should be ok just b/c they've been there before. They may not make the playoffs right away, but they should compete.
J2K

cat48
02-07-2002, 10:37 AM
Jacket 2000 i think that you are basing your prediction on alvarado's future in 4A from the talent that they have had in the past couple of years. But what from what i have heard and seen is that the talent pool is dry with a couple of freshman athletes that can't make a difference on the varsity level. It doesnt help being there before (talking about being in 4A) if you get beat. As for aledo the only thing against them is that they are in a tough district. But they should have some talent coming up shouldnt they. I wouldn't say alvarado is in a not so tough district. Midlothian is the only team that has had it rough that past couple of years. Let me know more though.

rholl
02-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Not sure how Alvarado will handle the losing. Beating Commerce last year convinced many people that they had a great team. I knew from seeing several other 3A teams including Everman that they were going to be in for a surprise when playoffs rolled around. Having said that I still have to commend the new head coach for stepping into the debacle left over from the departing head coach and "righting the ship". I think if the current coach can hang on for a couple of yrs, he will have some good things ahead. As it is I wouldn't be surprised if several players from last yrs freshman team seeing playing time this yr.

Jacket2000
02-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Jacket 2000 i think that you are basing your prediction on alvarado's future in 4A from the talent that they have had in the past couple of years. But what from what i have heard and seen is that the talent pool is dry with a couple of freshman athletes that can't make a difference on the varsity level. It doesnt help being there before (talking about being in 4A) if you get beat. As for aledo the only thing against them is that they are in a tough district. But they should have some talent coming up shouldnt they. I wouldn't say alvarado is in a not so tough district. Midlothian is the only team that has had it rough that past couple of years. Let me know more though.
No, Im basing my prediction on the fact that Alvarado has played in 4A before, and while they werent a power, they still managed to compete. Im basing my prediction for Aledo on the fact that they seem to have been on a steady decline and they are no longer a big fish in a small pond. The talent level jumps dramaticly from 3A to 4A, and I dont think Aledo will adjust very well. Not for a few seasons anyway.
J2K

cat48
02-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by rholl:
Not sure how Alvarado will handle the losing. Beating Commerce last year convinced many people that they had a great team. I knew from seeing several other 3A teams including Everman that they were going to be in for a surprise when playoffs rolled around. Having said that I still have to commend the new head coach for stepping into the debacle left over from the departing head coach and "righting the ship". I think if the current coach can hang on for a couple of yrs, he will have some good things ahead. As it is I wouldn't be surprised if several players from last yrs freshman team seeing playing time this yr.

Do you know the freshman that you believe will move up or are you just making that generalization? Because they may have some that get SOME playing time next year but that doesn't mean that they are going to help the team win. It is just the fact that there are no other people to play. But let me know on this.

cat48
02-07-2002, 04:49 PM
I believe you are mistaken aledo's lack of talent for alvarado. Did you watch or hear about the playoff game between the two? I heard that aledo had their jv players that moved up and underclassmen that don't start on varsity in there for the second half and was still stopping them. So i dont think aledo's problem isn't going to be from lack of talent (as in alvarado's case) but instead just the fact that they are in a tougher district than alvarado. It was said that alvarado would of had a hard time in the same district that they were in if they would of stayed 3A. But let me know otherwise.

Jacket2000
02-07-2002, 11:19 PM
I believe you are mistaken aledo's lack of talent for alvarado. Did you watch or hear about the playoff game between the two? I heard that aledo had their jv players that moved up and underclassmen that don't start on varsity in there for the second half and was still stopping them. So i dont think aledo's problem isn't going to be from lack of talent (as in alvarado's case) but instead just the fact that they are in a tougher district than alvarado. It was said that alvarado would of had a hard time in the same district that they were in if they would of stayed 3A. But let me know otherwise.

No, Im not mistaken. Alvarado wears purple, Aledo wears black. Im very well aware of who is who.
So, with that out of the way, let's set one thing straight. You are an Aledo supporter. So, I understand it is impossible for you to be unbias, even though you do a great job of trying to act like you are.
Now, another thing, I never compared Aledo to Alvarado. I said what I said about Aledo, then Alvarado. I never compared the two. I said that I thought Aledo would have alot of trouble in 4A, and I strongly believe this to be true. They have been on a steady decline since '98, and now it's going to be alot tougher. Alvarado, on the other hand, has competed on 4A level before, so I would give them the upper hand.
Oh, and one last thing. Id like to know just who it was that said that Alvarado would have trouble in their 3A district. I have a feeling it was you.
J2K

[This message has been edited by Jacket2000 (edited February 07, 2002).]

rholl
02-08-2002, 10:22 AM
Jacket2000....I think Alvarado would finish 3rd if they would have stayed in same district. Behind Kennedale and Hillsboro....thats not really stuggling....but its not as good as they have been doing. And more than likely another 1st round playoff loss.

cat48
02-08-2002, 12:46 PM
You are an Aledo supporter. So, I understand it is impossible for you to be unbias, even though you do a great job of trying to act like you are.
Now, another thing, I never compared Aledo to Alvarado. I said what I said about Aledo, then Alvarado. I never compared the two. I said that I thought Aledo would have alot of trouble in 4A, and I strongly believe this to be true. They have been on a steady decline since '98, and now it's going to be alot tougher. Alvarado, on the other hand, has competed on 4A level before, so I would give them the upper hand.
Oh, and one last thing. Id like to know just who it was that said that Alvarado would have trouble in their 3A district. I have a feeling it was you.
J2K

[This message has been edited by Jacket2000 (edited February 07, 2002).][/B][/QUOTE]

The reason why i do a great job of acting unbiased is because i am not apart of either alvarado or ALEDO. So not that "we have gotten that out of the way" lets continue. I still don't know how you can say Alvarado has the upper hand b/c they have all ready been in 4A. When they were there they didnt compete at all and that was with a whole lot more talent than what they have right now and will have coming up. But i am glad that you KNOW everything because it has helped me out alot.

And rholl was right when he said that alvarado would've probably finished third in their old district. Sounds good but but besides kennedale and hillsboro it is a breeze so they would of had to finish 3rd. So that says alot for their future in 4A. Huh genius! But since they have been 4A before (although getting beat day in and day out in all sports) they should be contending for the district championship or wait did i hear STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Nice call J2K.

Jacket2000
02-08-2002, 02:45 PM
I dont believe I ever said anything about a district championship. Hell, I never even said they'd make the playoffs. I said they'd compete, by which I meant a 5-5, maybe 6-4 record. Just like they did when they were 4A before.
J2K

cat48
02-08-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
I dont believe I ever said anything about a district championship. Hell, I never even said they'd make the playoffs. I said they'd compete, by which I meant a 5-5, maybe 6-4 record. Just like they did when they were 4A before.
J2K

Sorry to prove you wrong but the first year they went 3-7 and second year went 6-4 (wins mainly from pre-district) doing very poorly in district. But they might have an all right overall record if they stick to the 3A teams in pre-district. So yeah if they have an all right overall record with wins from 3A schools during pre-district i guess you will be right that they are a powerhouse 4A. Dont know how you can say that but i guess you will give some logical B.S to pove yourself correct.

Jacket2000
02-09-2002, 12:47 AM
Ok, where am I losing you? I never said anything about "powerhouse", "playoff team", or anything to that effect. I said competitive, by which I meant 5-5 or 6-4. You said yourself that they went 6-4 the second year they were in 4A. That's pretty much what I said they'd do. I never said anything specific about if they play this team or that team. I said they'd probably go 5-5, maybe 6-4. But, now that I look at their district, I think they just might get'em a playoff spot.
J2K
ps: Just so ya know, incase you're thinking Im an Alvarado supporter, I dont care much for the team or fans of the town.

cat48
02-09-2002, 02:43 AM
HOw can you say that they will be competitive in 4A if they beat 3A teams. Please explain that one to me.Theyeven got lucky that they were put in a district that is not half as bad as aledo. But the only team that i see alvarado beating in their district (or even have a chance of beating) is midlothian but that will even be a challenge for a depleted alvarado team. So who do u expect alvarado to beat to be in the playoffs. Because i thought that even though their district isn't as bad as it could of been it is still pretty tough. So once again i would like you to reason your b.s.

eye of the tiger
02-09-2002, 10:01 AM
I think both Alvarado and Aledo will struggle a bit at first. Even Southlake Carroll struggled a bit when they first moved up and now they are moving up again. I think both schools have winning traditions and much pride and great fans. I really think after the first year both will do fine in 4A.

cat48
02-09-2002, 12:28 PM
I sure do hope you are right eye of the tiger but with the only hope coming from a couple of freshman it's not a bright future ahead for the indians. I think what you said is true in most cases but usually your talent level adjust within a couple of years but if nobody moves in to help out the squad it could be scary. But there is one thing that i am going to have to totally disagree with you about and that is the fans of alvarado. I take it you havent heard about them or experienced them in the stands. I am not going to go into detail but i will give an example. Did you go to or hear about the fans in the playoff game against aledo. They were horrible. Cussing players, coaches, and anybody else. I also heard that they are fair weather fans (they left at or before halftime, only fans left were parents) thats why i asked how the community was going to take their move up. So if somebody from alvarado can tell me this i will be glad.

Jacket2000
02-09-2002, 12:28 PM
HOw can you say that they will be competitive in 4A if they beat 3A teams. Please explain that one to me.Theyeven got lucky that they were put in a district that is not half as bad as aledo. But the only team that i see alvarado beating in their district (or even have a chance of beating) is midlothian but that will even be a challenge for a depleted alvarado team. So who do u expect alvarado to beat to be in the playoffs. Because i thought that even though their district isn't as bad as it could of been it is still pretty tough. So once again i would like you to reason your b.s.

Ok, once again, you have misread my post. I said nothing about Alvarado winning a playoff game. IF they make the playoffs, it would be a first round loss, no doubt. But,to answer your question, I see them beating Midlothian and Cleburne. Midlothian is consitantly weak and Cleburne has been a on steady decline since they lost their coach. Now, if they can pull an upset over Midway(which could happen is Midway doesnt improve from last season) or University(which is less likely), then that would equal a playoff spot.
J2K
PS: Other than Lake Worth, Aledo's district was pretty weak as well. In District 8, 2 out the three playoff teams advanced at least one round, and one even beat dist 7's champion.

[This message has been edited by Jacket2000 (edited February 09, 2002).]

Jacket2000
02-09-2002, 12:32 PM
I sure do hope you are right eye of the tiger but with the only hope coming from a couple of freshman it's not a bright future ahead for the indians. I think what you said is true in most cases but usually your talent level adjust within a couple of years but if nobody moves in to help out the squad it could be scary. But there is one thing that i am going to have to totally disagree with you about and that is the fans of alvarado. I take it you havent heard about them or experienced them in the stands. I am not going to go into detail but i will give an example. Did you go to or hear about the fans in the playoff game against aledo. They were horrible. Cussing players, coaches, and anybody else. I also heard that they are fair weather fans (they left at or before halftime, only fans left were parents) thats why i asked how the community was going to take their move up. So if somebody from alvarado can tell me this i will be glad.
Ok, now here's somewhere where we're gonna agree. It wasnt just at the Aledo game, Alvarado's fans/players do that at just about every game. At an 8th grade game, the Alvarado fans told an injured player to "grow some balls or get off the field". I thought I was gonna be sick.
J2K

cat48
02-09-2002, 12:38 PM
Jacket2000:

I agree with you about the chance of them beating midlothian and possibly cleburne (maybe not next year but the year after) but i was reading that if the right coach goes in there that they have that talent but they all quit b/c of the previous coach. So if someone could come in and get the players that quit they could have a pretty good squad. But alvarado barely beat them out last year and the players that played in that game are graduating this year. So it is going to be rough.

One thing that you have failed to answer and confuses me is: How you can say that alvarado will be competitive in 4A if their wins come in pre-district from 3A teams. 5 3A teams dont add up to be 4A teams. So let me in on this knowledge.

And as for aledo's district it is weak district in deed but dont count glen rose out. On paper they seem weak but if you watched the playoff game between glen rose and kennedale, glen rose should of won meaning that kennedale wouldnt be playing bridgeport.

cat48
02-09-2002, 12:52 PM
Jacket 2000 i am gald to see that can agree. Alvarado has no class whatsoever in the stands. Thats why i am curious as to what the towns thinks. Do u know?

I dont but i can guess.

Matthew328
02-10-2002, 05:14 PM
I am sure the fans in Alvarado aren't exactly thrilled they are going to 4A but it was expected..ohh to clarify Alvarado in 4A was 3-7 and 0-7 in 13-4A in 1996...in 1997 they were 6-4 and 3-4 in 13-4A...Alvarado did kinda catch a break with the district they could sneak into the 3rd playoff spot..with only 2 real strong teams...Alvarado and Midway will fight for the las spot..Aledo on the other hand caught a tough break...I figured they'd get Stephenville and Brownwood...but I didn't think they'd get Crowley...also watch out for N Crowley..they are improving...

Jacket2000
02-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Jacket2000:

I agree with you about the chance of them beating midlothian and possibly cleburne (maybe not next year but the year after) but i was reading that if the right coach goes in there that they have that talent but they all quit b/c of the previous coach. So if someone could come in and get the players that quit they could have a pretty good squad. But alvarado barely beat them out last year and the players that played in that game are graduating this year. So it is going to be rough.

One thing that you have failed to answer and confuses me is: How you can say that alvarado will be competitive in 4A if their wins come in pre-district from 3A teams. 5 3A teams dont add up to be 4A teams. So let me in on this knowledge.

And as for aledo's district it is weak district in deed but dont count glen rose out. On paper they seem weak but if you watched the playoff game between glen rose and kennedale, glen rose should of won meaning that kennedale wouldnt be playing bridgeport.

Im not using any scientific method, it's just my opinion that Alvarado will handle to move better. The only thing Im really going on is the strength of the districts they're in. Alvarado will beat Midlothian and probably Cleburne, so all they have to do is pull off an upset against a seemingly mediocre Midway team, and they've got themselves a playoff spot. Aledo, on the other hand, will be in for a long two years competing against Stephenvile, Brownwood, and the like. It just seems to me that Alvarado has a much better chance of getting a playoff berth than Aledo does.
And as for Glen Rose, last season I made a post about how Glen Rose never seems to start playing untill week 10. In 2000, they had to beat Breckenridge by 14 in week 10 to make the playoffs. They more tham exceeded that margin(36-8 I think) and then nearly pulled off an upset against Ferris in bi-district. The same thing happened this year with Kennedale. I dont know what it is about GR, but they dont seem to wake up untill the end of the season.
J2K

deliriousmaniac
02-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Hate to bust your bubble JK, but Alvarado has nothing coming back. If Aledo played Alvarado next year i think the deficit between the two teams score would be double that of the playoff game this year. Aledo has a strong team coming back 12 starters and district MVP. Aledo will hold their own in 4A.

cat48
02-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Thank you deliriousmaniac. I have been waiting for somebody from that area to get on here and set the facts straight. And i agree with you on that alvarado has nothing coming back. Maybe that will hush Jacket2000 up for a while or make him realize that he was totally off on his predictions. J2k should just stay talking about east texas teams b/c he was way off on what alvarado has (i should say lacks) and aledo has.

Deliriousmaniac if you have any more info on this feel free to let us know more about it. Mainly to prove to J2K he doesnt have a clue what he is talking about.

deliriousmaniac
02-11-2002, 06:53 PM
No prob Cat, I can see his point that having been in 4A might let you know what the competition is like day in and day out, but give me a break. It didn't help them much when we crushed them in bi-district. I'd like to know the exact number of returning starters Alvarado has coming back. I believe it was 3 or 4. Good luck Alvarado, your gonna need it.

cat48
02-13-2002, 02:59 PM
I read on another post that you said that the jump from 3A to 4A is one of the hardest to make. So I want to know how alvarado can compete in 4A when they could of barely competed in their old 3A district. Something is not adding up here. Let me know something.

cat48
02-13-2002, 03:07 PM
I believe you are right d-maniac. I think that they have total starters coming back. 2 on offense (2 lineman) and 2 on defense (two d-tackles). So they definitely dont have a chance and especially with nobody coming up to fill the in the holes doesnt help at all. J2K what is your decision now concerning alvarado after seeing what they have coming back.

[This message has been edited by cat48 (edited February 13, 2002).]

Jacket2000
02-13-2002, 09:50 PM
Look, I couldnt care less about Alvarado. I dont really like them; the town, fans,or players. I pull against them in 9 out of 10 games they play. They were just part of the thread.
J2K

cat48
02-14-2002, 12:49 PM

<sigh> I never said Alvarado would win state. But, I believe Alvarado's JV has gone 10-0 the past two seasons; dont quote me on that, but Im pretty sure. Alvarado has a habit of leaving JRs on the JV and having them play both ways instead of moving them up and having them play special teams. So, Im sure they'll have help from there.
J2K

[/B][/QUOTE]

J2K I think that you are thinking about a couple years back when the JV of '98 ,which had then sophomores that graduated in 2001 and some juniors that graduated in 2000. So that just further justifies you are thinking about about the past when they did have alot of talent but the junior class of this year have not athletes whatsoever and in no way can they contribute to winning on the varsity level. Especially on the 4A level. They did keep soph. and jr. on the JV level in '98 and somewhat in '99 but this past year the only athletes that could possibly contribute were on varsity which was not many. And there is not much coming up behind them.

cat48
02-14-2002, 12:52 PM
Look, I couldnt care less about Alvarado. I dont really like them; the town, fans,or players. I pull against them in 9 out of 10 games they play. They were just part of the thread.
J2K

Have ya'll played in alvarado or played alvarado in any sport. Just curious because i hear that alot from people (they cant stand the fans from alvarado). So i am just curious as to what made you feel like this.

Jacket2000
02-14-2002, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I had the, ummmm, "privlege" of playing in Alvarado once. Not something Id like to repeat.
J2K

cat48
02-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I had the, ummmm, "privlege" of playing in Alvarado once. Not something Id like to repeat.
J2K

When was it and in what sport? Because let me tell you it is a privilege, haha. Were their fans horrible?

FryDayFBFun
02-14-2002, 11:50 PM
Wow, did not know this was bash Alvarado football. I must say, they can get crazy in the stands there, but if you go to enough high school football games, you can say that about almost any school. Even the Aledos and Commerces. Everyone has their day, ups and downs. No matter hwat, Aledo and Alvarado will not back down from anyone in 4A. If anyone thinks either will be a cakewalk, they do not watch much football. In Friday night fun, ANYTHING can happen.

FryDayFBFun
02-15-2002, 12:02 AM
Wow, too much bashing here. Never Count Aledo or Alvarado out. Both find ways to win. And as for the Alvarado fans, they are just like the majority of fans in other schools, all have a few crazies, even the Commerces and Aledos. Everyone has their idiots in the stands. If you think any school is exempt, you must not go to any games. High school football is wild and crazy. How about we try and look for something positive, no matter how hard it may be. Go Aledo and Alvarado, show that 3A is still strong in Texas !!!!