PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Softball

hookandladder
05-16-2006, 06:48 AM
La Grange coach is leaving to become new Head Softball coach at A&M Con.. Did not stay long in La Grange, pretty short committment to the kids. I guess that's the life of a coach.

Phil C
05-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Well you had a great coach for a year and sometimes unexpected opportunities come up that can't be turned down. Good luck Coach!

Johnny Utah
05-16-2006, 09:55 AM
You can not blame a coach for going from La Grange to A&M Consolidated can you? More money, higher classification, and probably just coaching softball.

3ABirdMan
05-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Bridge City is losing its' 3rd softball coach in 6 years at the close of the school year. While I'm not happy any of them have left or are leaving, they've ALL had justifiable reasons. Sometimes a coach has to make decisions for their own family, and we need to support them and respect those decisions. (and show some compassion!):D

hookandladder
05-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Trust me, we are not complaining that he is leaving. Just posted a little info of what is happening. I just hope our AD will go out and fine a quality coach to continue are well established program. We have select teams in just about all ages below Jr.High that are competeing very well. Just need to hire a good coach to take them to the next level.

18handicap
05-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Since I'm the topic here, I'll clarify a couple of things.

Yes, you're right, it wasn't a long stay, and that's not a good thing because it does hurt the kids. Just to let you know that I wasn't looking to leave -- I enjoyed the kids a lot and know that there is a HUGE amount of talent coming up. Whoever gets to take the job will have great talent for years to come.

I wasn't looking to leave and didn't apply for the new job that I just received. My AD received a call that there was interest in me and told me that I would be stupid not to at least listen. I listened and put the figures together and realized that financially I had to take the new position. It would be a large pay raise ($6500+), I would have my own athletic periods for softball, the budget was very nice, insurance was $6 instead of $96 per month, and I would get to stay at a relatives rent house for free as long as I keep an eye on his other houses. I haven't sold my house in Columbia Lakes yet and make a house note and rent was killing me. This way I can get back on my feet financially and take advantage of an opportunity on the 5A level that I might not get again.

The kids and parents of the players that I had this year were wonderful. I had no problems whatsoever and highly recommend the job and kids to whoever asks me about it. It was an opportunity that I could not pass up and I did apologize to everyone that I could in LaGrange that I didn't stay longer and make more of a commitment. One thing I was able to keep there was the pitching coach (one of my best friends) that I had come in on every other Sunday and he will continue to come to La Grange as long as he is wanted and the vast majority that come to him want him to keep coming every other Sunday.

Last word -- La Grange = great kids, great administration, great place to work and live.

Sorry so long winded about this, but I wanted you to know how I felt about the situation. Right now on one of the other message boards, I have been taking a severe beating since being eliminated in the playoffs. Really severe! Enough defamation to make me want to contact a lawyer.

hutex04
05-16-2006, 09:35 PM
huttos softball coach is HAWT! If shes still there haha. We should keep her just based on looks. Yummy :D

Chris Hart
05-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap

Yes, you're right, it wasn't a long stay, and that's not a good thing because it does hurt the kids. Just to let you know that I wasn't looking to leave -- I enjoyed the kids a lot and know that there is a HUGE amount of talent coming up. Whoever gets to take the job will have great talent for years to come.

I wasn't looking to leave and didn't apply for the new job that I just received. My AD received a call that there was interest in me and told me that I would be stupid not to at least listen. I listened and put the figures together and realized that financially I had to take the new position. It would be a large pay raise ($6500+), I would have my own athletic periods for softball, the budget was very nice, insurance was $6 instead of $96 per month, and I would get to stay at a relatives rent house for free as long as I keep an eye on his other houses. I haven't sold my house in Columbia Lakes yet and make a house note and rent was killing me. This way I can get back on my feet financially and take advantage of an opportunity on the 5A level that I might not get again.

The kids and parents of the players that I had this year were wonderful. I had no problems whatsoever and highly recommend the job and kids to whoever asks me about it. It was an opportunity that I could not pass up and I did apologize to everyone that I could in LaGrange that I didn't stay longer and make more of a commitment. One thing I was able to keep there was the pitching coach (one of my best friends) that I had come in on every other Sunday and he will continue to come to La Grange as long as he is wanted and the vast majority that come to him want him to keep coming every other Sunday.

Sorry so long winded about this, but I wanted you to know how I felt about the situation. Right now on one of the other message boards, I have been taking a severe beating since being eliminated in the playoffs. Really severe! Enough defamation to make me want to contact a lawyer. Sounds like you made a great decision to me. I wouldn't let those bashing you on another board get to you. Your responsibility in this life is yourself and your family. A job is just that, a job. Good luck at A&M Cons.!

hutex04
05-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Seems like the right decison. Best of luck to the la grange coach.

LH Panther Mom
05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Congrats, 18. :)

cdlvj
05-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap

Last word -- La Grange = great kids, great administration, great place to work and live.

Sorry so long winded about this, but I wanted you to know how I felt about the situation. Right now on one of the other message boards, I have been taking a severe beating since being eliminated in the playoffs. Really severe! Enough defamation to make me want to contact a lawyer.

The one thing I really appreciate is YOU keeping the web page up to date with information. Nowhere and I mean nowhere can one get the scores and schedules on the La Grange Ladys.

Thanks and Good Luck in your future endeavors.

Johnnypaycheck
05-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Congrats on the new job 18 from all of us down here in Brazoria County...

softball_mom
05-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
Congrats on the new job 18 from all of us down here in Brazoria County...
I second that!!!!

DaHop72
05-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Congrats from West Texas on the new job 18.:clap: :clap:

18handicap
05-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks to all, especially to cdlvj, and I'll make this pledge pending who the new coach is, but if the new coach will send me the information and schedules and rosters, I will commit to keeping the website up for another season. It does cost me about $10 a month to do it, but it's worth it to promote the girls and I think the world of them in LG.

18handicap
05-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks to all, especially to cdlvj, and I'll make this pledge pending who the new coach is, but if the new coach will send me the information and schedules and rosters, I will commit to keeping the website up for another season. It does cost me about $10 to do it, but it's worth it to promote the girls and I think the world of them in LG.

Old Tiger
05-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey good luck man! Best wishes to you and your new team. Hope everything goes well in College Station and I'll try to catch some games and cheer for yall. You know how we cheer in Rockdale! lol Just send me a schedule or something when you get one.

18handicap
05-17-2006, 09:55 PM
You can put all the K's you want on my fence!!! LOL

Thanks and good luck to you too!!
BH