PDA

View Full Version : 3A players played great

Matthew328
07-30-2002, 11:03 PM
The kids from the 3A schools really played well...Tydrick Riley from Crockett had over 100 yards recieving for the South....the LB from Mathis had some big plays...(I forgot his name..sorry Mathis fans) Justin Rogers from Commerce played well at fullback..Blaine Harrell from Everman had 2 INT's for the north...Marcus Charles from Sinton was soid at CB and on special teams...wished Blanton from Forney was healthy...he was playing on a bad hamstring..so he didn't play much..

sinfan75
07-31-2002, 04:56 AM
I saw up to the middle of the 4th,then my aging eyes couldn't stay open any longer.Excitin game that's for sure.

Pudlugger
07-31-2002, 08:20 AM
Did you see Josh Chovanec #66 from La Grange put some big blocks on those monster DTs? That kid is strong! Where is he going next year?

Pudlugger
07-31-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328:
The kids from the 3A schools really played well...Tydrick Riley from Crockett had over 100 yards recieving for the South....the LB from Mathis had some big plays...(I forgot his name..sorry Mathis fans) Justin Rogers from Commerce played well at fullback..Blaine Harrell from Everman had 2 INT's for the north...Marcus Charles from Sinton was soid at CB and on special teams...wished Blanton from Forney was healthy...he was playing on a bad hamstring..so he didn't play much..

The kid from Mathis is Troy Collavo. He was a great ball carrier as well, but will probably play LB at UTEP. He is a tough hard hitting player, who probably didn't get enough attention statewide, as Mathis had two good years in the playoffs losing to La Grange in 2000 in the Regional final and in Regional semi-final in 2001.

True94
07-31-2002, 03:05 PM
Josh Chovanec is goin to Louisiana Tech for powerlifting. He said he didnt get any good attention from universities or nothing. That was an article in the austin american statesman

M.PIRATEFAN
07-31-2002, 08:59 PM
I saw the game last night and it was a good game. Troy Collavo like he does all the time was hitting qbs and laying them out. On one play R.McNeal was rolling out and troy hit him pretty hard. Took him out for a while. Also M.Charles was doing good on special teams. Had some great blocks for marshall.Anyways, its on again on saturday so be watching.Later.