SINTON81
05-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Sinton vs. Pharr Valley View

Site: Texas A&M Kingsville

#1: 5/19, 7:30 pm; #2: 5/20, 4 pm

#3: 30 mins. after #2

SINTON81
05-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Posted for those of you, like me that didn't look at the yellow sticky on top. :D :D

piratebg
05-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Does anyone know anything about Pharr Valley View?

LH Panther Mom
05-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Does anyone know anything about Pharr Valley View?
I think their colors are blue & gold. ;) But, then I could be confused about that. :p

piratebg
05-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think their colors are blue & gold. ;) But, then I could be confused about that. :p

Does anyone else know anything about them?

pirate4state
05-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Does anyone else know anything about them? Rumored to have a scary pitcher!! :eek: :eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-15-2006, 04:43 PM
They are Tigers:)

Phil C
05-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Any news on the Sinton softball girls' game or games?

piratebg
05-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Rumored to have a scary pitcher!! :eek: :eek:

Scary like Wolfman or Sasquatch, or scary like their pitcher could take your head off with a fast ball?

pirate4state
05-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Any news on the Sinton softball girls' game or games? I posted it already Phil....look again. ;) It is in BRIGHT YELLOW!!! :nerd:

pirate4state
05-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Scary like Wolfman or Sasquatch, or scary like their pitcher could take your head off with a fast ball? Option #3!! I'm trying to remember who told me about him!! :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
05-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Sorry....I'm in a "mood". :kiss:

piratebg
05-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Option #3!! I'm trying to remember who told me about him!! :thinking:

Personally, I'd rather see Sasquatch, but that's life.

piratebg
05-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sorry....I'm in a "mood". :kiss:

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. The best part about disagreeing is making up. :kiss:

Phil C
05-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Oops! It was in yellow. San Antonio?! Oh well! At least we won't have to use any umps from Victoria.

turbostud
05-15-2006, 06:42 PM

They dont play football so they are usually pretty good at other sports. I do believe they are going to start football this coming season.

turbostud
05-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Rumored to have a scary pitcher!! :eek: :eek:
His name is Guillermo Cienfuegos.(cool name) He's 6'2 215, VV was ranked #2 in the RGV last year and #4 this year.

turbostud
05-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Valley View features six-man rotation on the mound
March 17,2005
Wade Baker
The Monitor

HIDALGO — Rene Soza has been a high school baseball coach for 14 years, but he has never been faced with this situation.

Soza, in his fifth year as the head coach of The Monitor’s second-ranked Valley View baseball team, has used his invaluable six-man rotation on the mound to start the season with a 10-1 overall record and 2-0 mark in the District 32-3A.

"You don’t hear of many teams that have a six-man rotation in high school baseball around here," Soza said. "I’ve never really heard of it, especially at a 3A school like we are.

"But I’ll be honest, I feel like we’re solid No. 1 through No. 6."

The No. 1 pitcher in Soza’s arsenal is junior right-hander Guillermo Cienfuegos. Due to the added depth on the mound, Soza has reduced his junior’s innings pitched in hopes of saving him for the postseason.

Cienfuegos (6-foot-2, 215 pounds) owns a 3-0 record and also has a team-high four saves. Cienfuegos limited Rio Hondo to one hit during the Tigers’ 8-0 win Tuesday, including 16 strikeouts.

"I feel good out there right now," said Cienfuegos, who throws an 84-85 mph. fastball. "I like my fastball. You don’t ever get bored when you’re playing good.

"You just want to keep playing. You don’t want to stop when it’s good."

Completing the six-man rotation are seniors Tony Ochoa and Raul Sanchez, juniors Irving Garcia and Paulino Garza and sophomore Sergio Noguez.

"It’s a great feeling to have six guys you can depend on," Soza said. "The only problem I’ve been having is deciding who to pitch on which night. I look at the matchups, then I try to decide. But it’s not an easy choice.

"I feel comfortable throwing anybody."

Pitching depth is exactly what the Tigers hope leads them deep into the playoffs this season.

Valley View cruised to a co-championship with Hidalgo in 32-3A last season with an 13-1 record and finished the season with an 27-9 mark overall.

The Tigers advanced to the regional quarterfinals in the playoffs, before falling to Falfurrias in three games.

"We’re hoping this depth gets us deep into the playoffs," said Cienfuegos, who has been a starting pitcher since his freshman season. "We made the playoffs last year, but we didn’t go as far as we would have liked.

"We want to get to state this year, and we think we have the team to do that."

Bull Butter
05-15-2006, 08:04 PM
That 6 man rotation is a bunch of crud. As it was last year when the article was written. Take it from someone who has seen Valley View plenty of times---Cienfuegos is their ONLY pitcher. He's a horse and they'll ride him until he can't take them any further. Every game the last 2 years against a decent team, he pitched it.

The fact that it's a 3-game series works well in Sinton's favor. He'll pitch game 1, that's a given. If the series goes to a 3rd game, expect Cienfuegos to come back and pitch the finale.

Don't be fooled by the ranking, Valley View has a good team, but not great. They won 4 or 5 of their district games in extra innings this year, in addition to losing to non-playoff teams Lyford & Port Isabel(Cienfuegos pitched that one).

turbostud
05-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
That 6 man rotation is a bunch of crud. As it was last year when the article was written. Take it from someone who has seen Valley View plenty of times---Cienfuegos is their ONLY pitcher. He's a horse and they'll ride him until he can't take them any further. Every game the last 2 years against a decent team, he pitched it.

The fact that it's a 3-game series works well in Sinton's favor. He'll pitch game 1, that's a given. If the series goes to a 3rd game, expect Cienfuegos to come back and pitch the finale.

Don't be fooled by the ranking, Valley View has a good team, but not great. They won 4 or 5 of their district games in extra innings this year, in addition to losing to non-playoff teams Lyford & Port Isabel(Cienfuegos pitched that one).
LOL, Im going to guess you are from Port Isabel? Bull, I was just posting whatever info I could find on them. I have never seen them play so I really dont have an opinion on them other than:
For a 3a team to be ranked that high in the RGV which is full of 5a and 4a teams they must be pretty good and Cienfuegos sounds like a hoss.

Bull Butter
05-15-2006, 10:37 PM
I won't lie. Yes, I'm from PI..... and Cienfuegos is good, but not as great as he's made out to be.( PI's beaten him each of the last 3 years). He's definitely the best they have and they will run him ino the ground if they have to....... VV knows how to win the close ones, which makes them a definite threat. But as far as 32-AAA goes, I'd say Hidalgo is the more dangerous team right now. (much more balanced)

piratebg
05-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Just out of curiousity, is anyone going to Whataburger Field on Thursday night to watch GP vs Robstown?

turbostud
05-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Just out of curiousity, is anyone going to Whataburger Field on Thursday night to watch GP vs Robstown?

No but that CC Moody vs. SV series sounds like its gonna be good.

pirate4state
05-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Good Luck to the Sinton Pirates!!! :clap: :clap:

Anyone going to the game?

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Good Luck Pirates!!!!!:) :) :)

sinton3055
05-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Who will post updates for tonights game.

SintonFan
05-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by sinton3055
Who will post updates for tonights game.
I'm getting calls from sinton66, but it looks others are too.:)