PDA

View Full Version : Third Duke Player Indicted

piratebg
05-15-2006, 12:09 PM
This is breaking news on CNN Headline News

District303aPastPlayer
05-15-2006, 12:11 PM
i have a question. how can you indict someone on charges of rape when he, nor the 2 other people who have been indicted can be linked via the DNA evidence on the female. On top of that, it belongs to NO ONE on the Duke LX team...

pirate44
05-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i have a question. how can you indict someone on charges of rape when he, nor the 2 other people who have been indicted can be linked via the DNA evidence on the female. On top of that, it belongs to NO ONE on the Duke LX team...
i heard the dna matches the girl's boyfriend

piratebg
05-15-2006, 01:44 PM
3rd Member of Duke Lacrosse Team Indicted By AARON BEARD, Associated Press Writer
6 minutes ago

DURHAM, N.C. - A grand jury indicted a third member of Duke University's lacrosse team Monday on charges stemming from a woman's allegations she was raped and beaten at a team party earlier this year.

David Evans, a 23-year-old senior and team co-captain from Bethesda, Md., was indicted on charges of first-degree forcible rape, sexual offense and kidnapping. Two other players were indicted on the same charges last month.

"I am absolutely innocent of all the charges brought against me," Evans said outside the Durham County magistrate's office Monday afternoon. "These allegations are lies. Fabricated. And they will be proven wrong."

Evans, who lived in the home where the party was held, said his own attorneys had given him a polygraph test. He also said his two teammates charged in the case were innocent as well.

The senior members of the lacrosse team stood with him Monday afternoon, where his attorney, Joseph Cheshire, said he would turn himself in.

"This has been a very difficult time for the university. This has been a very difficult time for the team," Cheshire said.

Sophomores Reade Seligmann, 20, of Essex Fells, N.J., and Collin Finnerty, 19, of Garden City, N.Y., turned themselves in last month following their indictments. Seligmann is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday.

The charges against the three followed a March 13 party at an off-campus house, where a 27-year-old black student at nearby North Carolina Central University told police she was raped and beaten by three white men after she and another woman were hired as strippers.

Defense attorneys have insisted all the players are innocent and have cited DNA tests they say found no conclusive match between any of the team's white players and the accuser.

The allegations against the players led to protests in Durham and drew criticism from national civil rights activists, including the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who said last month that his Rainbow/PUSH Coalition would pay the woman's college tuition.

Duke cancelled the rest of the lacrosse team's season and accept the resignation of coach Mike Pressler. Duke President Richard Brodhead also initiated a series of internal investigations, one of which concluded administrators were slow to react to the scandal in part because of initial doubts about the accuser's credibility.

Evans had previously been cited for a noise ordinance violation and alcohol possession.

Last week, prosecutors said that by hosting the party, he violated the terms of an agreement that would have dismissed those charges if he had completed community service, paid court costs and stayed out of trouble. A judge reinstated the alcohol charge, Evans' attorney entered a plea on his behalf, and Evans was fined $100.

Evans was among the lacrosse team seniors listed in Sunday's graduation program as a candidate for a bachelor of arts degree.

At the weekend ceremony, Provost Peter Lange blamed the "sad events and relentless media coverage" of the case for tarnishing the school's image.

Phil C
05-15-2006, 02:32 PM
I wonder if all this is politically motivated.

piratebg
05-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I wonder if all this is politically motivated.

Politically and racially, no doubt in my mind. The DA is up for re-election and Jesse Jackson is there, nuff said.

Cameron Crazy
05-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Its really bad to see it this way from a hooker i mean who would believe them...But if deoxyribonulceotide is from one of the players that to bad...Well everyone have a lovely day!

DaHop72
05-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
deoxyribonulceotide :nerd: :nerd:

Cameron Crazy
05-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Hop got something against me? I had to google that to know how to spell the word!

DaHop72
05-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Hop got something against me? I had to google that to know how to spell the word! Nope. Nothing against you CC, just thought DNA was simpler.

Cameron Crazy
05-15-2006, 05:57 PM
lol

hutex04
05-15-2006, 07:08 PM
This story angers me. Anyone can scream rape and put dudes behind bars with NO EVIDENCE. Its pathetic. Now we got the blk panthers over there screaming racist! Just dont make sense. Why dont we have the KKK come out and protest when a white woman gets rapped by a blk man. Not everthing has to do with Race. I cant stand why everyone has to be judge by color. She was a stripper who happend to be blk, case closed. If she is proven to be a liar behind this, i hope she gets put in jail for many years. This is a horrible crime. And if those men rapped her, i hope they get what they deserve also

Cameron Crazy
05-15-2006, 07:09 PM
couldnt have said it better myself