PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs Barbers Hill 4th Round play-offs.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Bellville beats Sealy 7-1 and 4-1 to advance and play Barbers Hill who beat Pollack Central 1-0. Dont know were or when but will post soon. Give predictions and insight on the teams.
Barbers Hill will move to 4a next year Not to get off the subject, these two schools will play next season in football.

etbu
05-14-2006, 11:17 PM
BH all the way. GO EAGLES:D

RBARKER
05-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Here's the schedule.

Friday Tomball High School
Game 1 6 p.m.
Game 2 8 p.m.
Saturday Tomball High School
Game 3 2 p.m. if necessary

Should be a good seris I don't know much about Bellville except thie real Good. BH has an awesome pitcher in Chandler Hall that has thrown 2 no hitters in the playoffs so far. The BH defense is stout as well. Hitting so far has been enough to win, bu tnot outstanding. Should be a low scoreing pitchers dual. Goodluck to both teams, look forward to seeing BH and Bellville in football next year.

Go Eagles!!!!

sports=life
05-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by etbu
BH all the way. GO EAGLES:D

When u say BH u must mean Bellville High. For a second there i thought u ment that Barbers Hill was gona win.

Bull's-eye
05-15-2006, 04:49 PM
I noticed that Barbers Hill hasn't allowed a run in the playoffs. Should be a great series!

RBARKER
05-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I noticed that Barbers Hill hasn't allowed a run in the playoffs. Should be a great series!

Correct, No one has Scored on the Eagles so far. Two games were no hitters:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Was told games were going to be played at Cypress Fairbanks, did that fall through?

RBARKER
05-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Was told games were going to be played at Cypress Fairbanks, did that fall through?

Tomball is what is being reported on the BH web site. Here's the link for the BHSports Report if you would like to do any reading on the BH Girls. Just go to the top and click on SoftBall.

BHSPORTS REPORT (http://eteamz.active.com/bheagles/index.cfm?)

Does Bellville have a site to go to read about your team?

BTEXDAD
05-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Tomball is what is being reported on the BH web site. Here's the link for the BHSports Report if you would like to do any reading on the BH Girls. Just go to the top and click on SoftBall.

BHSPORTS REPORT (http://eteamz.active.com/bheagles/index.cfm?)

Does Bellville have a site to go to read about your team?

I've been told it's at Cy-Fair high school.
Tomball has both baseball and softball teams still in playoffs and didn't think they would have enough workers at field.
Still 6 and 8 o'clock Friday. Not sure of time on Saturday for third game if necessary. I've been trying to find schedule in writing from official source. I got it from my daughter after softball practice yesterday.
The Bellville high school website has very little detail about team, RBARKER.
Team is 26-3. Three losses all to 5A teams. Biggest strength of team has been pitching and defense. Four different pitchers have recorded wins this year. Senior Emily Shadow, Jrs Brittany Pieper and Lauren Luetge, along with Freshman Allysa Murphy. Hitting has been good at times, but not always consistent. Expect a low scoring series.

BTEXDAD
05-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Sorry for double posting, but I did see on Barbers hill website location for softball games have officially been changed to Cypress Fairbanks high school just off highway 290. 6 and 8 friday night and 2 o'clock saturday if necessary.
Hey, Rbarker, how many girls are still left on BH team from 2 and 3 years ago? Bellville beat them in area round in 2003 and Barbers Hill returned the favor in 2004. Two hard fought series. Bellville has two seniors that started both those years.
When the districts were revamped last year, it changed the brackets around some. Nice to renew old rivalries.

RBARKER
05-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Sorry for double posting, but I did see on Barbers hill website location for softball games have officially been changed to Cypress Fairbanks high school just off highway 290. 6 and 8 friday night and 2 o'clock saturday if necessary.
Hey, Rbarker, how many girls are still left on BH team from 2 and 3 years ago? Bellville beat them in area round in 2003 and Barbers Hill returned the favor in 2004. Two hard fought series. Bellville has two seniors that started both those years.
When the districts were revamped last year, it changed the brackets around some. Nice to renew old rivalries.

BH Vs. Bellville

Note: Location change! Times and dates remain the same.

Friday Cy-Fair High School
Game 1 6 p.m.
Game 2 8 p.m.
Saturday Cy-Fair High School
Game 3 2 p.m. if necessary

Btexdad, I,m not sure how many are still on the team from those years, but it sure looks like this seris will be another dandy. thanks for the info.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I hope the stands are bigger than Cinco Ranch, there to many people without seats at the Bellville vs Sealy games!!

Bull19
05-17-2006, 12:54 PM
I hope the stands are bigger than Cinco Ranch, there to many people without seats at the Bellville vs Sealy games!!

aint that the truth.

Bull19
05-17-2006, 12:58 PM
ive got bellville getting this over with on friday night with two wins. but i think both games will be one run games. should be a fun friday night!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Barbers Hill beats Bellville in 2 games tonight.

BH 1
Bellville 0

BH 4
Bellville 2

One note good job by the starting pitcher for Bellville in the 1st game. Just dont understand why she was pulled in the 6th with the score 0-0?

Good luck to Barbers Hill the rest of the way. And good luck in 4a next season

RBARKER
05-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Barbers Hill beats Bellville in 2 games tonight.

BH 1
Bellville 0

BH 4
Bellville 2

One note good job by the starting pitcher for Bellville in the 1st game. Just dont understand why she was pulled in the 6th with the score 0-0?

Good luck to Barbers Hill the rest of the way. And good luck in 4a next season

Classy post from Bellville when you guys make the trip next year in Football we will have to meet. bellville seems to have great tradition and competes in every sport. It's a tough lose but congrats to Bellville on a good year. Splendora is next for the Hill and BH hasen't beat them yet. Hopefully the third time is a charm.

Brahma73
05-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Somebody explain to me why Bellville's freshman - clearly the ace of the staff - only pitched 5 innings in the two games.

Congratulations Barber's Hill.

Thanks for a great season, Brahmanettes!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-19-2006, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brahma73
[B]Somebody explain to me why Bellville's freshman - clearly the ace of the staff - only pitched 5 innings in the two games.

What he said!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73
Somebody explain to me why Bellville's freshman - clearly the ace of the staff - only pitched 5 innings in the two games.

What he said again!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-19-2006, 11:31 PM

There were more people without seats at this game, over half the Bellville crowd watched the game from outside the left field fence. Ticket sales could have been good tonight if all the spectators could have fit in the stands!!!!

3afan
05-20-2006, 09:10 AM
blame the coach for that - they agree on the venue ....

Johnny Utah
05-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Blame the coach! Come on man!! It is the playoffs!!! 4th round draws big crowds, get there early and get a sit, or you will have to stand outside and watch!!!

Bull's-eye
05-20-2006, 10:26 PM
There wasn't any seats behind home, each team had only one set of stands. Some people paid money to sit in the stands, but had to go out and sit in the outfield. Being the 4th round, you think they would of found a field with more seating. :thinking:

Congratulations to Barbers Hill!! Bellville's volleyball team had to defeat a very good Barbers Hill team on it's way to a state championship, so hopefully it's the Eagles turn to return the favor. Good luck and best wishes in your quest for the state championship. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
05-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Just a few notes about last night's games. I was a little puzzled when Bellville replaced their freshman pitcher. It looked like we had quite a pither's dual and game 1 was headed to extra innings.

Barbers Hill's pitcher had great control of the strike zone and got many Bellville batters swinging at pitches outside or in the dirt. She usually stayed ahead in the count and when Bellville laid off the outside pitches, she would throw strikes with authority. The first and third basemen did some damage with their bats and the whole team played excellant defense.

The defensive gem of the night was a over the head catch by the Bellville's center fielder. She robbed at least a double from one of the Barbers Hill's batters. Great catch!! :clap: :clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Just a few notes about last night's games. I was a little puzzled when Bellville replaced their freshman pitcher. It looked like we had quite a pither's dual and game 1 was headed to extra innings.
:

They sould have left her in, she was doing a very good job!!!!

BTEXDAD
05-22-2006, 09:29 AM

Barbers Hill's pitcher had great control of the strike zone and got many Bellville batters swinging at pitches outside or in the dirt. She usually stayed ahead in the count and when Bellville laid off the outside pitches, she would throw strikes with authority. The first and third basemen did some damage with their bats and the whole team played excellant defense.

The defensive gem of the night was a over the head catch by the Bellville's center fielder.

My last softball post of season. Congrats and good luck to Barbers Hill and the remainder of the "elite eight" remaining in 3A.
Problem with having several good pitchers like Bellville does is no matter which one the coach pitches, someone will question the decision. If you spoke to the crowd before game, you'd get three ideas about who should have started the first game. Freshman did great and maybe she should have stayed in to be given the chance to win, but if she gives up winning run, then the question from someone would be, why is a freshman in the game at crunch time when you have two upper classmen warmed up. No win situation (unless you do actually win).

Having only one very good pitcher like BH does makes the decision easier. BH pitcher figured out early which Bellville girls were freeswingers and worked it to her advantage. There were some girls she got out all night and probably never threw a strike to.
She also was the one who hurt Bellville the most with her bat, at least in the second game. She had the triple in first inning of second game with her courtesy runner then scoring. And she had a big hit in the second inning when BH scored three runs to make the score 4-1.
BH hitters were well disciplined and schooled on what to do with inside pitches. Bellville pitcher in second game hit three batters when they leaned in and turned to get hit, including two in the big three run second innning. Batters basically were able to take away the inside pitch as an option.
Both teams made a couple fielding/throwing errors but also made some great plays. The catch by Bellville centerfielder was excellent.
I've said several times in past there are a lot of good teams in 3A and you not only have to be good, you have to be a little lucky. BH had a couple seeing eye ground ball hits and another bloop single mixed in with other hits while Bellville was either swinging at pitches outside the strike zone or when they hit the ball, a lady eagle was usually there to make the play.
Lady Eagles' baserunning was better, bunting was better, batters were more disciplined and pitching more consistent. You can say this pitcher should have started or stayed in or whatever, but the simple fact is the Lady Eagles executed better overall than the Brahmanettes. You can't blame that on Bellville coach or give undue credit to BH coach. All the coaches can do is prepare girls, but girls still have to make the plays in game.