View Full Version : The downfall of UT begins

Keith7
05-14-2006, 06:23 PM
I know this has been posted already, but i thought it needed a better title
:kiss:

----------------------------------

Horns' Taylor charged with felony drug possession
Associated press

AUSTIN -- Texas running back Ramonce Taylor, who scored a touchdown in the Longhorns' Rose Bowl win over Southern California, was arrested early Sunday by Bell County sheriff's deputies who said they found marijuana in a backpack in his car.

According to a news release from Sheriff Dan Smith, deputies also found a live 40-caliber round of ammunition in the console of the vehicle.

The sheriff first reported deputies found more than five pounds of marijuana in Taylor's backpack, which would be a second-degree felony punishable by two to 20 years in jail and $10,000 in fines.

But Bell County prosecutors instead charged Taylor with state jail felony drug posession of marijuana, pending lab results to determine the total weight of the drug, Smith's office said.

If it weighs more than five pounds, the charge will be upgraded.

A state jail felony carries up to two years in jail and a $10,000 fine.

Taylor, 20, remained in the Bell County Jail and would be arraigned Monday.

Taylor had been excused from spring practice in March to focus on academics and had not participated in any team functions since then, Longhorns Mack Brown said in a statement released by the school.

"We are aware of this recent situation and will follow it as the legal system runs its course. At this time, we will not consider reinstating him to the team," Brown said.

It was not immediately clear if Taylor had an attorney. A telephone message left at his family's home in Temple was not immediately returned Sunday.

Ken Oden, an Austin attorney who represented Taylor in a December assault investigation -- Taylor wasn't charged -- told the Austin American-Statesman the player's mother told him about the arrest. Oden said he suggested hiring a lawyer in Bell County.

"She's just trying to figure things out," Oden said.

According to the sheriff, deputies received a report at 1:35 a.m. Sunday of a large fight involving as many as 100 people at a pecan farm in Little River, a community about 40 miles north of Austin.

Deputies also received a call from someone who said they had been at the fight and complained a window on his vehicle had been broken. That caller turned out to be Taylor.

While interviewing Taylor at a convenience store, deputies were told by other officers at the fight scene that Taylor had been involved and had threatened to return with a gun. Taylor was placed in handcuffs.

Taylor told deputies he didn't have a gun and gave them permission to search his vehicle. Deputies reported finding the bullet and the backpack with the marijuana. Deputies said the backpack belonged to Taylor.

Taylor was arrested and his vehicle impounded. Two other individuals with him, who were not named in the report, were released at the scene.

An operator at the sheriff's office said Smith would not have further comment Sunday and that no other information was available.

One of Texas' most versatile players, Taylor scored 15 touchdowns last season, including a 30-yard scoring run in the Rose Bowl, which Texas won 41-38. The win gave Texas its first outright national championship since 1969.:kiss:

espn1
05-14-2006, 06:54 PM
You forgot one thing. Shipley's healthy now.

Adidas410s
05-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

Do you ever have a positive thought about anything? It's quite sad actually to see someone (you) who repeatedly seeks out negativity and to bring others down when he has very little information on the subject at hand. It amazes me that a person can hear something and feel the need to pass judgement without even having all of the information on the matter. It speaks very poorly of you Keith.

Cameron Crazy
05-14-2006, 07:23 PM
You tell him Adidas:clap: :inlove:

Johnny Utah
05-14-2006, 07:49 PM
This type of thing happens with every college program in the nation, not just Texas, and not just Div. 1. Happens every where. The coaches can not be with the players 24-7, they are grown men and make choices. Texas will be just fine!!! More good going on in these programs than the bad, just that all the bad things get publicized, not a lot of the good.

Keith7
05-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Do you ever have a positive thought about anything? It's quite sad actually to see someone (you) who repeatedly seeks out negativity and to bring others down when he has very little information on the subject at hand. It amazes me that a person can hear something and feel the need to pass judgement without even having all of the information on the matter. It speaks very poorly of you Keith.

i'm just responding to the people who like to mention USC's "downfall"

AggieJohn
05-14-2006, 08:06 PM
imagine that, a texas running back who likes weed

Cameron Crazy
05-14-2006, 08:07 PM
You are not talking about Rickey Williams are you?:D

espn1
05-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
imagine that, a texas running back who likes weed
We all have our little problems. At UT it's weed and A&M it's livestock.

AggieJohn
05-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by espn1
We all have our little problems. At UT it's weed and A&M it's livestock. at a&m it's drunk driving...get it right

sinton66
05-14-2006, 09:02 PM
i'm just responding to the people who like to mention USC's "downfall"

You just have a massive case of "sour grapes".

Bullaholic
05-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Good ol' Keith---always good for throwing a match into the powder house. Sure can't call him "boring". :D

neck_94
05-14-2006, 09:12 PM
5 lbs of weed???

I wonder if he was holding it for ricky?

hutex04
05-14-2006, 09:13 PM
he was already off the team when this happend. So its all good. We wont look back if this all goes down for the worse for taylor

KTJ
05-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Your thread title is misleading. How is this incident the downfall of the footall team, our athletics program, or UT in general?

Usually people who post this much "negativity" about a certain school are jealous of said schools successes. If not, then why post it at all?

TheDOCTORdre
05-14-2006, 10:54 PM
come on keith, you have no idea what you are talking about if you wanted to post a topic about the downfall of UT beginning, the logical place would have been to start with VY going into the draft and that would be the most appropriate place to start your arguement, if there was indeed a downfall taking place at UT, but then again its you why should we expect a logical post

PhiI C
05-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Let's see. Selvin Young and Jamal Charles. Great recruting the last two years. Hummmmmmm

Go easy on Keith though because he is a nice man.

PhiI C
05-14-2006, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Keith7
i'm just responding to the people who like to mention USC's "downfall" [/QUOTE

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

;)

AggieJohn
05-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Your thread title is misleading. How is this incident the downfall of the footall team, our athletics program, or UT in general?

Usually people who post this much "negativity" about a certain school are jealous of said schools successes. If not, then why post it at all? ktj, our local horns appologist

wedo
05-15-2006, 07:55 AM
at a&m it's drunk driving...get it right

no at a&m its winning football games!!!

Black_Magic
05-15-2006, 10:35 AM

Wishfull thinking;)

espn1
05-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by wedo
no at a&m its winning football games!!! Yeah! Just not against UT.

KTJ
05-15-2006, 11:50 AM
ktj, our local horns appologist

What?

Keith7
05-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Why didn't u ask that question when someone was posting about USC's Downfall??

What does USC's starting point gaurd getting shot have to do with the downfall of USC?? I don't get it..

but if that is just another marker in usc's "downfall" then this is a landmark for UT!!!

KTJ
05-15-2006, 12:22 PM

What does USC's starting point gaurd getting shot have to do with the downfall of USC?? I don't get it..

but if that is just another marker in usc's "downfall" then this is a landmark for UT!!!

I don't recall there ever being a post about the downfall of USC.

Did you go to USC? Is that why you care so much about them? But I thought you were a Cal fan?

Gobbla2001
05-15-2006, 12:41 PM

Let's see, you have KTJ who lives in Texas, who attended (still does?) the University of Texas... Chances are he is going to open/start/respond to a UT thread over ANY other school thread...

That may be why... I personally never read about USC's downfall...

This does suck, Taylor is a great player and would be missed, but we don't know everything yet (and though I am a UT fan I will say I believe it may be true, so I'm not excusing anything)... also, UT won the Nat'l Championship, not Taylor...

They'll be jussssssst fine...

Congrats on your 5,624th negative post...

Phil C
05-15-2006, 01:22 PM

I didn't post anything on USC myself because I must have missed it. Besides it was USC. This is UT.

Show some kindness!! :mad:

:D

raider red 2000
05-15-2006, 01:44 PM
I am not a UT fan....but this was pretty stupid to post it like that.

i was looking for something new and exciting.

like them getting caught doing something really bad....not one kid doing something really stupid....heck he didnt have as much as Bam morris did or Nate Newton.

AggieJohn
05-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Let's see, you have KTJ who lives in Texas, who attended (still does?) the University of Texas... Chances are he is going to open/start/respond to a UT thread over ANY other school thread...

That may be why... I personally never read about USC's downfall...

This does suck, Taylor is a great player and would be missed, but we don't know everything yet (and though I am a UT fan I will say I believe it may be true, so I'm not excusing anything)... also, UT won the Nat'l Championship, not Taylor...

They'll be jussssssst fine...

Congrats on your 5,624th negative post... ramonce won't see a minute of bench time because of that

wedo
05-15-2006, 03:34 PM
no at a&m its winning football games!!!

I meant to say its not winning games!!! another words they stink in football!!!!

Except for the classmates of my that play for a&m!!!

wedo
05-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah! Just not against UT.

Thats what i was trying to say!!

Phil C
05-15-2006, 03:37 PM

Bullaholic
05-15-2006, 03:39 PM
I can only comment that a lot of teams have a long way to go before they have to worry about "falling" from where the UT athletic program currently sits. UT is still going to beat most schools in most sports for a long time on their way "down".

wedo
05-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

How about NO!!!

TheDOCTORdre
05-15-2006, 03:43 PM
How about NO!!!
oh my what are u doing, how dare u oppose the Sinton Godfather

wedo
05-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
oh my what are u doing, how dare u oppose the Sinton Godfather

Why do you say that? Its not like he is Chuck Norris or anything!!!

espn1
05-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Why do you say that? Its not like he is Chuck Norris or anything!!! The last person that said that disapeared from the board.

wedo
05-15-2006, 03:57 PM
The last person that said that disapeared from the board.

I'll be sure to watch what i say next time!!!:)

wedo
05-15-2006, 03:58 PM
I'll be sure to watch what i say next time!!!:)

Sike!!!!!! ;)

cdlvj
05-15-2006, 04:41 PM
According to a news release from Sheriff Dan Smith, deputies also found a live 40-caliber round of ammunition in the console of the vehicle.

Since when is the possession of ammo against the law?

wedo
05-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by cdlvj
Since when is the possession of ammo against the law?

They are going to use that against him because he supposedly said that he was going back to use a gun!!!!

Gobbla2001
05-15-2006, 05:55 PM
It was actually Chuck Norris' Canibus Sativa Delta 9 Tetra-Hydra Canibinal in Taylor's vehicle... he planted it there for the hell of it... Chuck does what he wants, and wants the Bell County officials to notice it ASAP before people start dying...

turbostud
05-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I don't recall there ever being a post about the downfall of USC.

Did you go to USC? Is that why you care so much about them? But I thought you were a Cal fan?

:clap: :clap: :clap: