PDA

View Full Version : Track meet "stuff"

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2006, 07:47 PM
KTG, after two years of http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/yap2.gif "I'll be there", I wasn't too sure if you'd make it today or not. (Or rather, that you'd actually holler at me.) You surprised me, and I have to say it was a great honor to finally get to meet you. Sorry that we didn't have longer to talk. :)

GetRDoneStangs, I was very pleased to get to meet you as well. And I can think of one person who might be yelling about now. ;)

RMB, you're everything your wife has said and I truly enjoyed spending time with you. You even managed to get a word or two in. :D Thanks for sharing her with us.

To all the Cuero bunch, CHS_CG, Hornet Mom, Taylor and ILS1 it was wonderful to see you all again.

To my good friends Ranger Mom & 44INAROW - it might have been best that we all didn't sit together at once, since we might have missed some very exciting races. :D

All you West Texas folks should now (if you didn't already) understand the words "it's a dry heat". :D I guess the 9 inches of rain we've had since May 1 helped the humidity level just a tad. ;) Thank goodness there was a breeze a few times.

It's been 26 years ( :eek: :eek: ) since my last state track meet. I can honestly say that I have learned so much from all of you posters. Many of the 3a kids running today were names that you've talked about over the years, in all sports. So it was great to see the list of kids in an event and think "I've heard of that kid!"

Panther boys (Bode, Luckey & Gallander) - great job today! It's been a few dry years on getting one of our boys tracksters to state and I enjoyed watching you. :clap:

44INAROW
05-13-2006, 08:10 PM
aaww what a nice post..... I had a good time visiting as well.... just saw RM literally for "a second" I was in a panic.. lost my sunglasses....... (found them in the bottom of my purse on the HOME) talked to CHS on the phone got to meet GetRdoneStangs.. I "think" I saw Shadow13 but not sure if was him so I didn't say anything.... Shadow if you read this, did you have a red shirt and later on a medal around your neck? if not.. I am glad I didn't say anything ROFL....... Nice to chat with you LHPM _ hope I didn't scream in your ear...... :)

(I am sunburned big-time and even my scalp is red) heading to WallyWorld to get something to put on this red skin.......

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
hope I didn't scream in your ear...... :)
I'm normally the one saying that. :D

CHS_CG
05-13-2006, 08:18 PM
It was great to get to see yall again, 44inarow, sorry we didnt meet up.. but i did see the top of your head from where i was :D. It was nice to meet KTJ after he told me he was gunna be at the UT/A&M bball game this year and didnt get me there lol. I actually think KTJ was the only new person i had met lol. Glad everybody made it home safe... and sunburnt lol.. wonder what RM will look like tomorrow.. her and hubby stayed to watch 5A

shadow13
05-13-2006, 09:01 PM
aaww what a nice post..... I had a good time visiting as well.... just saw RM literally for "a second" I was in a panic.. lost my sunglasses....... (found them in the bottom of my purse on the HOME) talked to CHS on the phone got to meet GetRdoneStangs.. I "think" I saw Shadow13 but not sure if was him so I didn't say anything.... Shadow if you read this, did you have a red shirt and later on a medal around your neck? if not.. I am glad I didn't say anything ROFL....... Nice to chat with you LHPM _ hope I didn't scream in your ear...... :)

(I am sunburned big-time and even my scalp is red) heading to WallyWorld to get something to put on this red skin....... Not me , I had a red mustang cap ,white Sweetwater Mustangs Regional Qual. T-shirt and Black Docker shorts.

44INAROW
05-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
Not me , I had a red mustang cap ,white Sweetwater Mustangs Regional Qual. T-shirt and Black Docker shorts.

well, I AM glad I didn't make a fool of myself asking that guy if he was Shadow13.... hopefully we'll all be in the same place again next year and try again :)

Originally posted by CHS_CG
wonder what RM will look like tomorrow.. her and hubby stayed to watch 5A

OMG I can't imagine staying any longer than we stayed.. I was so sunburned and hot and tired..... I sure hope we have the meet at the night shift next year

shadow13
05-13-2006, 09:05 PM
LOL, hopefully if so, We will have a m&g at the front gate.

shadow13
05-13-2006, 09:07 PM
By the way, congrats to Cuero they had a great meet

44INAROW
05-13-2006, 09:16 PM
By the way, congrats to Cuero they had a great meet

I am so proud of all the boys...... I'll relay your message to those guys that I see..... I know they'll appreciate it coming from a true competitor's dad :)

kaorder1999
05-13-2006, 09:18 PM
maybe its already been said but what happened to the sweetwater kid in the 100? Fom my vantage point he was winning by about 5 meters and all of a sudden it looked like he pulled up. what happened?

gobbler grad
05-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
maybe its already been said but what happened to the sweetwater kid in the 100? Fom my vantage point he was winning by about 5 meters and all of a sudden it looked like he pulled up. what happened?

your right, he just pulled up...:thinking: cost him 2nd place

schu1213
05-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Looked like he just gave up.

kaorder1999
05-13-2006, 09:31 PM
he went from winning it to getting third. that is stupid

shadow13
05-13-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm still trying to get over the shock of what happened myself, I haven't talked to him about it yet. I'm going to let some of the dust clear first, and then we will sat down and see what was on his mind the last 10 meters.

kaorder1999
05-13-2006, 10:22 PM
did he think he was running away with it or something?

gobblerfan02
05-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Even if you look at the photo finish, it looks as if skye wasn't pushing himself very hard.....while stefon and the mcneal kid (sp?) were chuggin' it!

KTJ
05-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Nice to meet everyone today.

I'm no longer a mystery! Yet LHPM calls me KTG in her first post?

What's up with that?

Cameron Crazy
05-13-2006, 11:37 PM
This sounds like something off blind date

shadow13
05-13-2006, 11:57 PM
did he think he was running away with it or something? Of course not, anyway he is coached to always finish strong no matter what place he's in, because you race against the clock not the competition. I guess the pressure over loaded his brain circuit, I REALLY DON'T KNOW!

shadow13
05-14-2006, 12:00 AM
I am so proud of all the boys...... I'll relay your message to those guys that I see..... I know they'll appreciate it coming from a true competitor's dad :) Thanks 44, hopefully we will see you guys again next year.

un b weavable
05-14-2006, 12:20 AM
he went from winning it to getting third. that is stupid

He wasnt winning it. He was in second.

LH Panther Mom
05-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Nice to meet everyone today.

I'm no longer a mystery! Yet LHPM calls me KTG in her first post?

What's up with that?
I've known your name for quite a while from the chat, but I still use folks s/n's on the board. ;) Heck, I've known some of the Burnet folks for almost two years and still use theirs.

ILS1
05-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Wow!! I didn't know my brown skin could burn like that!!!LOL!!! :D Man,it was hotter than HECK!!! I was telling KTJ,that did he remember when we were kids that this heat would NEVER affected us. Now that I'm much older,I've become a wimp in the sun!! Plus,I'm taking some medication and it says to stay out of the sun for a prolong time. :thinking: It was nice to meet everyone again. LHPM always a pleasure. CHS_CG it was nice seeing you again. It was the first time I met RangerMom (the Queen of the DL),Hornet Mom,KTJ and Taylor Tot. Gobbla2001,we had fun going out on Friday night,gotta do that again!!! I know this a family oriented board so I won't go into details!! LOL!!!:devil: It looked like to me that the whole town of Cuero was there!!! Everywhere I looked,I saw Cuero shirts and jerseys!!! Very impressive!!! We all gotta do this again next year!!! But can someone PLEASE order some cooler weather!!!!

:D

gobbler84
05-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Of course not, anyway he is coached to always finish strong no matter what place he's in, because you race against the clock not the competition. I guess the pressure over loaded his brain circuit, I REALLY DON'T KNOW!

I think he wasnted it all or nothing...In the last 10 meters that kid from Madison passed him and he just quit! it's discipline!

Ranger Mom
05-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Wow...just made it home!! I'm glad the State Track Meet is only once a year, I don't think I could handle much more of that!

I kept hearing how it wasn't THAT humid...believe me people, to THIS West Texas girl...it was HUMID!! The 5-A track meet wasn't nearly as bad as the 3-A....at least about half way through the sun had dropped behind the pressbox. I just tanned though, not burned at all...thank goodness.

ILS1 and KTJ it was nice meeting yall finally. LH Panther Mom, CHS_CG and tot, Hornet Mom, Gobbla2001, it was great seeing yall again.

44INAROW, it was nice saying "hi"...I would have come up there and sat for a few minutes, but I hated to abandon my husband like that!!

We're Back and Gobbler84, thanks for taking time to sign the flag and it was good to see both of yall again....plus the other Cuero kids I met...(can't remember who they all were now)!

After we left the 3-A meet, we ran and got something to eat and my husband was dying to go look at the football field, I swear, we must have walked a freakin mile from where we parked to get a look at it....I think I will be recovering from this trip all week.

Gobbla2001
05-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Gobbla2001,we had fun going out on Friday night,gotta do that again!!! I know this a family oriented board so I won't go into details!! LOL!!!:devil:

What are you talking about? Her daughter and I shared a birthday (or was it her son???), those aren't bad details...:p

44INAROW
05-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wow...just made it home!! I'm glad the State Track Meet is only once a year, I don't think I could handle much more of that!

to eat and my husband was dying to go look at the football field, I swear, we must have walked a freakin mile from where we parked to get a look at it....I think I will be recovering from this trip all week.

When Debbie told me you'll were staying, I couldn't imagine another 5 hours in that heat...... Then having to walk what seemed like a mile UPHILL to the car was not fun... I am glad I went though... will be there again next year.. maybe we'll have a specified M&G and hopefully at NIGHT :) Glad you'll got home safe and sound!