PDA

View Full Version : Panel flip-flops; Burbank's Mexico players ineligible

cdlvj
05-12-2006, 08:41 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/hssports/stories/MYSA051206.01A.burbank.22284a27.html

injuredinmelee
05-12-2006, 08:43 AM
as they should be banned. The coach also needs to have his certificate lifted and never be allowed to coach in Texas again. I could care less if he coaches in another state but we dont need trash like this besmearing the great state of Texas' High School Athletic sanctity. Ok maybe i went a little overboard... but can him!!

3&2count
05-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't know why they didn't investigate earlier. Give them a yes or no answer earlier in the season and all of this could have been avoided. Now you have a team out and a team advancing on a bye.

that is something.

I guess four players from the same town in Mexico arriving at your doorstep and they all happen to be very good ballplayers is not a RED FLAG for anyone.......

Come on... sounds like a pretty easy connect the dots for me.

cdlvj
05-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by 3&2count
I don't know why they didn't investigate earlier. Give them a yes or no answer earlier in the season and all of this could have been avoided.

They did not know about it until a anonymous letter arrived at the doorstep of the UIL recently.

neck_06
05-12-2006, 09:08 AM
the UIL has their previous spot in the online bracket now filled in as "Vacated" and Gregory-Portland is now in the Regional Quarterfinals