Crane over the Mules
Shallowater over Alpine

df1
11-19-2001, 06:47 AM
reg.3 Barbers Hill 7 Rice 10
Newton 45 Sealy 0

rsjmann
11-19-2001, 09:06 AM
Muleshoe over Crane 29-28(another OT game)
Alpine over Shallowater, 44-14

AAAfan
11-19-2001, 10:56 AM
Well my record for the first round of the playoffs was horrendous at 4-8, however, my upset pick of Hillsboro over Lake Worth hit. Here are my predictions for the second round. Take them with a grain of salt.

D1
Lamesa over Perryton
Aledo over Vernon ****

D2
Crane over Muleshoe
Hillsboro over Bridgeport
Sweetwater over Kennedale
Alpine over Shallowater

**** Upset Special

Good luck to all teams!

deliriousmaniac
11-19-2001, 08:08 PM
I'm gonna agree with you in Div 1

Aledo over Vernon, by 7
Lamesa over Perryton, by 14

D2
Muleshoe over Crane, by 7
*Bridgeport over Hillsboro, by 7
Sweetwater over Kennedale, by 14
Alpine over Shallowater, by 7

Upset *

[This message has been edited by deliriousmaniac (edited November 19, 2001).]

Da Mules
11-19-2001, 08:52 PM
Don't go pickin them little ole long-legged skinny-necked geeks with the bad physiques over da Mules. Da Mules is in playoff gear, and will show up to play Friday night.

AAAfan
11-19-2001, 09:27 PM
Hey "Da Mules", please educate me on Muleshoe's team. I am not familiar with them nor Crane. My prediction was purely a guess. What are Muleshoe's strengths and weaknesses? What kind of offense does each team run? Are they run or pass oriented or do they mix it up well? What kind of defense does each team run?

tommymac22
11-19-2001, 10:26 PM
I've been reading everything that has been posted on this site all year, and it cracks me up to see everyone picking VERNON to loose. I have seen VERNON a few times this year and I'm going to tell you right now...that they have the caliber team that can go all the way. So go ahead and keep picking them as the underdog, b/c I'm beginning to think they like it like that.

AAAfan
11-20-2001, 09:06 AM
Tommymac22,

I'm glad to know that both mine and deliriousmaniac's opinions consist of "everyone's" opinion. I am glad "everyone" has that much confidence in us.

I realize Vernon has a great team as they beat a very good Wylie bunch. However, I do not consider Vernon to be an "underdog" against Aledo. That is why that game is my "upset special."

To set the record straight, I have not seen Vernon or Aledo play this year. You are probably in a better position to make a prediction on that game, so with that said, let us know your "all knowing" picks.

It is very easy to critisize others' picks on a single game. I suggest you step up to the plate and make your own picks for region 1.

Jacket2000
11-20-2001, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by AAAfan:
Hey "Da Mules", please educate me on Muleshoe's team. I am not familiar with them nor Crane. My prediction was purely a guess. What are Muleshoe's strengths and weaknesses? What kind of offense does each team run? Are they run or pass oriented or do they mix it up well? What kind of defense does each team run?

While Im sure that Da Mules will want to elaborate on this, I can tell you that Muleshoe is a "line up and run it down your throat" team. I saw them in the playoffs last year, and their lines just dominated on both sides of the ball. They can throw it if they need to, but they'd rather not. The Mules run the Smash Iso to near perfection. Their one weakness last year was depth. They had many players going both ways, and no quality players to give'em a breather. But, like I said, this was last year.
J2K

marion_man
11-20-2001, 09:40 AM
Why waste your time talking about Region 1.
The real game to watch is in region 4 when Marion and Wimberley square off. Wimberley is good but Marion is better.

AAAfan
11-20-2001, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the info J2K.

AAAfan
11-20-2001, 10:22 AM
Hey Moron_man, quit trying to draw attention to Moron and Wimperley by posting irrelevant comments under a region 1 topic.

Try posting your own topic and see if anyone cares.

[This message has been edited by AAAfan (edited November 20, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by AAAfan (edited November 20, 2001).]

Da Mules
11-20-2001, 07:24 PM
AAA fan, I think Jacket2000 gave you a pretty good rundown on da Mules. As a small 3A school, we have even less depth this year and injuries have already hurt us this year. I don't talk smack, so I have no bold predictions about da Mules playoff run this year. It could be over this week if we keep getting banged up. I know one thing...the boys have put on their game face and stepped it up for the playoffs.