PDA

View Full Version : to GilmerBuckeye

3afan
09-07-2003, 07:30 PM
hey, were you at the Gilmer-Forney playoff game in 1991? It was a 3rd round game at Mesquite's Memorial Stadium. Forney won 34-21, the game had to be halted in the 3rd qtr. due to a storm. Forney lost the next week to the eventual 16-0 state champs from Southlake Carroll, led by Kris Brown, who kicked the winning field goal for the Texans today.

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

Gilmer Buckeye
09-07-2003, 08:24 PM
No, I missed that one. I do remember that game, though. I watched the Texans game today and, yeah, that field goal kicker was the only reason they won the game. I had no idea he was from Southlake Carroll.

That may well have been the last time we advanced beyond bi-district. That's why there's such a rap on Gilmer being highly rated. We don't have much tradition of playoff success.

There's someone called Buckeye Guy who occasionally posts on this forum. I KNOW he was there and probably remembers every last play and could recite the play-by-play in his sleep.

Buckeye Guy is also a huge Texans fan and attends all the home games in person. He's probably doing some serious partying right now after today's game. Indeed, it was a good game. I have mixed feelings since I'm such a huge UT fan and always root for Ricky Williams.

I understand Forney will be 4A by next season. We also got drubbed by Southlake Carroll one year back in the late 80s, I believe, before that area experienced a population explosion similar to the one now occurring around Forney.

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Gilmer Buckeye ]</small>