PDA

View Full Version : Graduation!

gobblerfan02
05-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be graduating this Saturday from the University of Texas at San Antonio with my Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology. I also am graduating with honors, suma cum laude with Tier 2 Honors!!

On a second note: I WOULD MUCH RATHER GO TO THE STATE TRACK MEET THAN SIT IN A BORING A _ _ ceremony that lasts about two hours just to shake someones hand and listen to one of my faculty ramble about nothing during a speech!

But, at least my parents are feeding me afterwords!!!!!!!!!:D

Highschoolfan78
05-11-2006, 12:58 AM
congradulations gobblerfan...I'm sure you are glad to have it all under your belt now.. Give me a call this summer for some tennis matches because i'll need them.

AggieJohn
05-11-2006, 09:00 AM
now tha'ts a dedicated HS sports fan

zeus63
05-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Believe me at this point the ceremony is more for the parents than the person graduating. Either way, congratulations. Getting through college is not easy and you should be commended for finishing.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
05-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Congrats KK - Good Luck on your future endeavors :)

Ranger Mom
05-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Didn't the powers that be realize you are from Cuero and would want to see the track meet?

I can't believe they didn't consult you first and check with your schedule!!:p :p

BIG CONGRATS though!!!

Old Tiger
05-11-2006, 10:02 AM
congrats

raider red 2000
05-11-2006, 10:12 AM
congrats.....but think about ditching it.

i have only been to 4 graduations in my life.....i hate those things.

i went to my older sister's graduation from HS

i went to my HS graduation

i went to half of my younger bro's graduation.....was at a baseball game.....left in the 4th inning....timed it just right...saw him walk....went back to the game.

my wife's college graduation.....had to leave the state track meet early to get to corpus.

graduations i missed....my college and grad school....sister's college and grad school. younger sister's HS.

Bandera YaYa
05-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Congratulations!! Very impressive!! I just hope my daughter finishes sometime there in the NEAR future, so I can so sit thru it! Way to go....and yes you have to go to the ceremony and yes it is for your parents...the least you can do for them..you had all the fun and all they got to do was pay for it!
WOOHOO!!!

crabman
05-11-2006, 12:35 PM
I also am graduating with honors, suma cum laude with Tier 2 Honors!!

And then on to medical school if I am not mistaken.

buffpride
05-11-2006, 12:35 PM
congrats

Gobbla2001
05-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Congrats and good luck in the future...

gobblerfan02
05-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
and all they got to do was pay for it!
WOOHOO!!! Well, yaya, actually, my parents didn't pay one dime towards my education! (scholarships) But I do realize it is for them as much as myself and yes I'll sit through it probably laughing with my friends the whole time at someone else, but hey, I've gotta have some way to spend the time just sitting there!

BTW, my sister is graduating from dental school next satuday on the 20th! And this is where the whole family, all 11 sets of aunts and uncles and all 36 cousins and 6 2nd cousins will be there! Watch out San Antonio, country folks in a big city!