PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone agree with me on this....?

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 09:30 PM
That American Idol is stupid, that Survivor is boring and that those "team" shows where you have to jump off a plane into the ocean and wrestle a sea lion for a yellow flag, just plain ridiculous???? Or am I the Lone Ranger here..... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
05-10-2006, 09:31 PM
lets just say im not your tonto

Emerson1
05-10-2006, 09:32 PM
American Idol is getting old, it's the same thing every season, all the contestants sounds the same season after season. None of them will every be as famous as Kellye Clarkson anyways.

Survivor I used to watch, now I will see maybe 3 or 4 of the challanges per season.

Amazing race I used to watch all the time to, now I only do if I remember to or happen to catch it on TV.

Gobbla2001
05-10-2006, 09:32 PM
I'l do anything you want me to do, baby :inlove:

Honestly, though, I dislike AI a whole lot, Survivor had too many anerexic women on the show, but I guess Fear Factor was cool just to see the underdog win (the chit-talkers rarely win and it is fun seeing them eat big black-birds)...

Gobbla2001
05-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Amazing race

Oh, I thought she may have been talkin' about Fear Factor in a "smart-assy" way...

I have never watched Amazing Race...

Chris Hart
05-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
That American Idol is stupid, that Survivor is boring and that those "team" shows where you have to jump off a plane into the ocean and wrestle a sea lion for a yellow flag, just plain ridiculous???? Or am I the Lone Ranger here..... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: I agree with you YaYa...

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 09:41 PM
My prob with AI, besides the arrogant judges, is that it's soooooooo staged...I mean most of the singers are horrible, and why even let them perform? I mean they have already heard them, but they still put them out there to look bad. I just think that's stupid. But that's just me. I like to see intelligence not stupidity. Now if they were all pretty good singers, that would be ok. It's just too staged for me.

(honestly, I'd feed you grapes!!!) :kiss: :kiss: :D

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I agree with you YaYa... Hey, Chris Hart!! How the heck are ya??? :)

Gobbla2001
05-10-2006, 09:43 PM

(honestly, I'd feed you grapes!!!) :kiss: :kiss: :D

:thinking: :thinking:

gobbler grad
05-10-2006, 09:45 PM
I hate all of them...:mad: and the worse one yet,...extreme make-over or any that have to do with remodeling a house...:mad: :mad: :mad:...who the heck cares...

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
:thinking: :thinking: Ok, ok.....I'd open your beer....... :p

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Ok, ok.....I'd open your beer....... :p Ok ok..........you can stop puking now....... :(

SintonFan
05-10-2006, 09:57 PM
That American Idol is stupid, that Survivor is boring and that those "team" shows where you have to jump off a plane into the ocean and wrestle a sea lion for a yellow flag, just plain ridiculous???? Or am I the Lone Ranger here..... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Maybe...
The only problem is that AI is more popular now than when it began. They are now charging the same fee for 30 sec commercials as they do the Super Bowl or the Academy Awards.:eek:
Did you see 3ADownlow Survivor South Padre Island???:eek: :D :clap:
Some have tossed around a Downlow Fear Factor...
are you willing to step up to the plate and beat those youngins?:inlove:

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Maybe...
The only problem is that AI is more popular now than when it began. They are now charging the same fee for 30 sec commercials as they do the Super Bowl or the Academy Awards.:eek:
Did you see 3ADownlow Survivor South Padre Island???:eek: :D :clap:
Some have tossed around a Downlow Fear Factor...
are you willing to step up to the plate and beat those youngins?:inlove: Well, and that's what's frightening to me......that so many people think it's worth watching!! Sorry, missed your Survivor stint and sorry won't be eating any squid or pig intestines, either! Have fun!!

SintonFan
05-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, and that's what's frightening to me......that so many people think it's worth watching!! Sorry, missed your Survivor stint and sorry won't be eating any squid or pig intestines, either! Have fun!!
You know you would have been a top 8 Survivor contestant at least? YaYa?:inlove:

Chris Hart
05-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey, Chris Hart!! How the heck are ya??? :) I'm doing well, thanks for asking. How are you? I think yall should get a chance to do alot of cheering again this year over there, should have a good team.:)

SintonFan
05-10-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm doing well, thanks for asking. How are you? I think yall should get a chance to do alot of cheering again this year over there, should have a good team.:)
lol
She might agree with you on this....

Does anyone agree with me on this....?
lol

eagles_victory
05-10-2006, 10:14 PM
That American Idol is stupid, that Survivor is boring and that those "team" shows where you have to jump off a plane into the ocean and wrestle a sea lion for a yellow flag, just plain ridiculous???? Or am I the Lone Ranger here..... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: American Idol is so long and drawn out and then you have to hear people like CHS_CG go on and on about it and ur sitting around going CHS_CG who cares :D

PPHSfan
05-10-2006, 10:16 PM

OMG I can't believe this.

A yaya and I agree on something.

SintonFan
05-10-2006, 10:19 PM
i don't believe it... lol

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm doing well, thanks for asking. How are you? I think yall should get a chance to do alot of cheering again this year over there, should have a good team.:) I am great, thanks.....just been working. I hope our little QB has a good year....he's a good kid. Look for us to go far in about 3 -4 years....a heck of a 8th grade class coming up. Reminds me of our State team....close knit group of very, very talented boys. So, guess you are ready for football season!

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
OMG I can't believe this.

A yaya and I agree on something. Uh, thats Ms. YaYa to you mister! :p

Chris Hart
05-10-2006, 10:25 PM
I am great, thanks.....just been working. I hope our little QB has a good year....he's a good kid. Look for us to go far in about 3 -4 years....a heck of a 8th grade class coming up. Reminds me of our State team....close knit group of very, very talented boys. So, guess you are ready for football season! I'm soooo ready for football season! That's good to hear about the upcoming 8th grade class, maybe they can make a good run. It would be nice to see yall back in the thick of things...:)

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm soooo ready for football season! That's good to hear about the upcoming 8th grade class, maybe they can make a good run. It would be nice to see yall back in the thick of things...:) Yah it would be nice for the players. Good thing is that I am still in close contact with the State players...that ride is one that will last a life time! Good kids and good memories.....nothing better. So now that we have kidnapped my thread, how does your team look this coming season??
lol
:D

SintonFan
05-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Yah it would be nice for the players. Good thing is that I am still in close contact with the State players...that ride is one that will last a life time! Good kids and good memories.....nothing better. So now that we have kidnapped my thread, how does your team look this coming season??
lol
Dang...
PPHSfan extended his hand in friendship and you spit on it...:o

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Dang...
PPHSfan extended his hand in friendship and you spit on it...:o No I didn't!! :confused: :confused:

Here, PPHead, I mean PPHSFAN.....give me your hand...I'll paint your nails for ya!!! :D :kiss:

PPHSfan
05-10-2006, 10:35 PM
No I didn't!! :confused: :confused:

Here, PPHead, I mean PPHSFAN.....give me your hand...I'll paint your nails for ya!!! :D :kiss: :eek:

Chris Hart
05-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean about the memories. I'll never forget the great two year run we had in 02-03. I don't know of any better entertainment. This year we look to be competitive, but we are in a very tough district. We would probably make the playoffs in most other 4A districts, but this one will be tough, although we have a chance. We are somewhat like yall, we have agroup that will be 8th graders this year that is really talented. Jordan Shipley's little brother is on that team along with a QB that already throws as well as alot of highschoolers along with many more talented kids. We should make a good run in 3-4 years.

PPHSfan
05-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Well yall can always beat Marble Falls by forty.

Chris Hart
05-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Well yall can always beat Marble Falls by forty. And that is super sweet when we do! Almost enough to make up for not making the playoffs, 'almost'.;)

Bandera YaYa
Yeah, I know what you mean about the memories. I'll never forget the great two year run we had in 02-03. I don't know of any better entertainment. This year we look to be competitive, but we are in a very tough district. We would probably make the playoffs in most other 4A districts, but this one will be tough, although we have a chance. We are somewhat like yall, we have agroup that will be 8th graders this year that is really talented. Jordan Shipley's little brother is on that team along with a QB that already throws as well as alot of highschoolers along with many more talented kids. We should make a good run in 3-4 years. Heck, ya'll are always tough. But maybe we'll run together in 3-4 yrs!!! Good luck to ya 'til then!! :D

smustangs
i agree i hate reality tv there is nothing real about it. they film and then cut and add were they want to make it look good.

Bandera YaYa
05-10-2006, 10:47 PM
WEll, thanks guys for letting me know I am not the only one who thinks like that......well it's time for a little reading before bed....gotta finish The DaVinci Code before I see the movie!! Nite all!!

SintonFan
05-10-2006, 10:49 PM
No I didn't!! :confused: :confused:

Here, PPHead, I mean PPHSFAN.....give me your hand...I'll paint your nails for ya!!! :D :kiss:
:eek: :eek:

SintonFan
05-10-2006, 10:51 PM
WEll, thanks guys for letting me know I am not the only one who thinks like that......well it's time for a little reading before bed....gotta finish The DaVinci Code before I see the movie!! Nite all!!
Don't read da davinco code....
it'll rot your brain...:o

big daddy russ
05-11-2006, 02:52 AM
I love you, YaYa. All the things I always meant to say, but never did.

Ranger Mom
05-11-2006, 06:56 AM

I have never watched Survivor, so I can't answer that question.

I watch American Idol though and have for 5 seasons.....it's the ONLY thing I watch on TV....unless it's sports related.

I agree the judges are idiots, and the audition shows are stupid, but when you weed all the crap out and get down to the Top 8, there is genuine talent there. I grew up in a family with lots of talented singers (that trait was not passed down to me:( ) so I enjoy listening to those kids sing.

I don't POWER vote for 2 hours after the show, I watch it and go on my merry little way when it's over.

Too each their own though, I could really care less what anyone choses to watch on TV.

If you enjoy it..then watch it, if you don't..then don't, it's as simple as that!!

piratebg
05-11-2006, 07:54 AM

I would have to agree. I never really got into any of these shows, but I do believe that they have all run their course.

CHS_CG
05-11-2006, 07:59 AM
I watch AI, survivor, big brother and for one season i watched the amazing race... I enjoy watching these shows not only bc AI has talent but watch the other ones for the drama factor.. I get a kick out of stuff like that... (just like i get a kick outta pissin some people off) To me it goes back to what RM said and I have said MANY times.. if you dont like something somebody posts.. dont read it.. if you dont read it you dont have a want to reply to it...:inlove:

olddog73
05-11-2006, 08:11 AM

I agree with you 100% I never watch them, but then there are very few sit coms that I watch either. Its what ever entertains you though. My favorites are the history, travel and news channels, and most people would ask, how boring is that? :nerd: :p

Ranger Mom
05-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by olddog73
I agree with you 100% I never watch them, but then there are very few sit coms that I watch either. Its what ever entertains you though. My favorites are the history, travel and news channels, and most people would ask, how boring is that? :nerd: :p

My husband watches the History channel constantly! The WWII shows are his favorites.

If I watch TV (other than American Idol), it's usually something on Discovery channel...I like the medical mystery shows or shows about people who have beat the odds!

piratebg
05-11-2006, 08:17 AM
We watch a lot of Discovery and Court TV. My wife likes to watch Forensic Files and anything of that nature.

Ranger Mom
05-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
We watch a lot of Discovery and Court TV. My wife likes to watch Forensic Files and anything of that nature.

I used to watch the "forensic" related shows...but it got to where there were so many of them on, I got burned out on them.

Our rinky dink cable station doesn't carry alot of channels. We only get one Discovery Channel. My brother has several different Discovery channels, if I had that, I might watch TV alot more.....it may be good that I can't get them!! :thinking:

3aSoftball4Mom
05-11-2006, 09:17 AM

Does anyone agree with me on this....? That American Idol is stupid, that Survivor is boring and that those "team" shows where you have to jump off a plane into the ocean and wrestle a sea lion for a yellow flag, just plain ridiculous???? Or am I the Lone Ranger here.....

Absolutely agree.

Can't stand any of those reality shows!
Really gets old after a while..............It's been a while.
All the good shows are going off the air. Westwing, Alias, Will & Grace etc...

Bandera YaYa
05-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have never watched Survivor, so I can't answer that question.

I watch American Idol though and have for 5 seasons.....it's the ONLY thing I watch on TV....unless it's sports related.

I agree the judges are idiots, and the audition shows are stupid, but when you weed all the crap out and get down to the Top 8, there is genuine talent there. I grew up in a family with lots of talented singers (that trait was not passed down to me:( ) so I enjoy listening to those kids sing.

I don't POWER vote for 2 hours after the show, I watch it and go on my merry little way when it's over.

Too each their own though, I could really care less what anyone choses to watch on TV.

If you enjoy it..then watch it, if you don't..then don't, it's as simple as that!!
:D Oh, I was asking cuz I thought maybe I was the only one who couldn't stomach these type shows....I know they have huge followings! But, of course, each his own, that's a given! Just expressing my humble opinion on it, as ya'll have done over the course of time....doesn't make you stupid because you enjoy them....heck I love to watch all the dopey shows on the WB and the Real World.!!!! ( I know the Real World is a reality show, but hey, I love the drama!!) :eek: :)

Bandera YaYa
05-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I love you, YaYa. All the things I always meant to say, but never did. Ah shucks......... :kiss:

Ranger Mom
05-11-2006, 09:27 AM
.heck I love to watch all the dopey shows on the WB and the Real World.!!!! ( I know the Real World is a reality show, but hey, I love the drama!!) :eek: :)

Is that on MTV??

I think I ran across that yesterday and 2 girls and a guy were watching 2 other guys "do it" in a hot tub and then later on in the shower!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

piratebg
05-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Does anyone else remember when MTV actually stood for Music TeleVision. :(

Ranger Mom
05-11-2006, 09:36 AM

Those were the good ole days!!

Old Tiger
05-11-2006, 09:39 AM
I agree....however I do like fear factor.

piratebg
05-11-2006, 09:45 AM
I used to enjoy Punk'd and Scare Tactics but they just don't do it for me anymore.

Ranger Mom
05-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I used to enjoy Punk'd and Scare Tactics but they just don't do it for me anymore.

I forgot about those, I watched Punk'd a couple of times!

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Do they even play music anymore? I actually :rolleyes: :rolleyes: the other day when the boys were watching "Pimp My Ride" and "Yo Momma". :doh:

Ranger Mom
05-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do they even play music anymore?

LH Panther Mom...I always think of you now when I hear this song:

Debbie just hit the wall
She never had it all
One Prozac a day
Husband's a CPA
Her dreams went out the door
When she turned 24.
Only been with one man
What happened to her plan?

She was gonna be an actress
She was gonna be a star
She was gonna shake her @$$
On the hood of white snake's car
Her yellow SUV now the enemy
Looks at her average life
And nothin, has been...
all right since

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool
'Cause she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985

She’s seen all the classics
She knows every line
"Breakfast Club", "Pretty In Pink"
Even "St. Elmo's Fire"
She rocked out to Wham!
Not a big Limp biscuit fan
Thought she'd get a hand
On a member of Duran Duran

Where's the mini-skirt made of snakeskin
And who's the other guy that's singing in Van Halen?
When did reality become T.V.?
What ever happened to sitcoms, game shows,
(on the radio)

Springsteen, Madonna
way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
With 19, 19, 1985

She hates time, make it stop
When did Montley Crue become classic rock?
And when did Ozzy become an actor?
Please make this stop, stop, STOP AND BRING BACK

Springsteen, Madonna
way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
'Cause she's still preocupide
With 1985

Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana (1985)
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV (1985) (Woohoohoo)
They tell her that shes uncool (1985)
'Cause she is still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2006, 10:03 AM
LH Panther Mom...I always think of you now when I here this song:

Debbie just hit the wall
She never had it all
One Prozac a day
Husband's a CPA
Her dreams went out the door
When she turned 24.
Only been with one man
What happened to her plan?

She was gonna be an actress
She was gonna be a star
She was gonna shake her ass
On the hood of white snake's car
Her yellow SUV now the enemy
Looks at her average life
And nothin, has been...
all right since

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
With 19, 19, 1985

She’s seen all the classics
She knows every line
"Breakfast Club", "Pretty In Pink"
Even "St. Elmo's Fire"
She rocked out to Wham!
Not a big Limp biscuit fan
Thought she'd get a hand
On a member of Duran Duran

Where's the mini-skirt made of snakeskin
And who's the other guy that's singing in Van Halen?
When did reality become T.V.?
What ever happened to sitcoms, game shows,
(on the radio)

Springsteen, Madonna
way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
With 19, 19, 1985

She hates time, make it stop
When did Montley Crue become classic rock?
And when did Ozzy become an actor?
Please make this stop, stop, STOP AND BRING BACK

Springsteen, Madonna
way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
'Cause she's still preocupide
With 1985

Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana (1985)
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV (1985) (Woohoohoo)
They tell her that shes uncool (1985)
'Cause she is still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985
:clap: :clap: :D

Bandera YaYa
05-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Is that on MTV??

I think I ran across that yesterday and 2 girls and a guy were watching 2 other guys "do it" in a hot tub and then later on in the shower!!:eek: :eek: :eek: OGM I just saw that one last nite! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !! :eek:

Gobbla2001
05-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok, ok.....I'd open your beer....... :p

No no no... you feed me pretzels, open my beer, THEN feed me grapes later and then, well...... too early to be thinkin' about that ha

Bandera YaYa
05-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
No no no... you feed me pretzels, open my beer, THEN feed me grapes later and then, well...... too early to be thinkin' about that ha Whoa there....I'm thinking you already been popping those beers today!!! :eek: :eek: :kiss:

Gobbla2001
05-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Get your mind out of the gutter, G... I was going to say "and then I can go home and go to sleep"... but it's too early in the day to be thinkin' about sleep... PERV!!!