PDA

View Full Version : Casserly officially resigns as GM of Texans

Maroon87
05-10-2006, 03:20 PM
ESPN.com news services

Charley Casserly has officially resigned as general manager of the Houston Texans. He told the Texans staff as of 2:30 p.m. ET.

Casserly, who has one year on his contract, will be applying for the vice president of football operations vacancy in the NFL offices in New York.

Candidates for the opening in Houston are expected to include former Atlanta Falcons personnel chief Ron Hill and current Denver Broncos director of pro scouting Rick Smith.

The Texans have scheduled a news conference for 4 p.m. ET.

injuredinmelee
05-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Too bad he waited until after he made maybe the biggest draft mistake since Ryan Leaf.

Buccaneer
05-10-2006, 03:53 PM
At least he had enough sense to get out of town.

Bull's-eye
05-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
At least he had enough sense to get out of town.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BreckTxLonghorn
05-10-2006, 04:09 PM
One draft too late

big daddy russ
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
I got one question for everyone: how in the world did Reggie Bush go from being a "potential top five pick" right after the season ended to the next "football god" within the last two and a half months? DeAngelo Williams was flip-flopping with Bush on Mel Kiper's (and most other) draft charts all through November, December, and January. Bush is great, no doubt, but Matt Leinart was originally considered a better prospect than his teammate. I just don't see how all those questions by all those scouts have suddenly been erased the last two or three months.

I'm not a big Williams fan and I do think that Bush will wind up being better than him. But I also think Domanick Davis will wind up being a better back than Bush AND that the Texans improved their TEAM more by drafting Williams.

I'm not an NFL scout by any stretch of the imagination, but I actually keep up with what they say outside of "draft season" and Bush wasn't the next Gale Sayers back in October. Personally, I don't think he's the next Sayers now.

I do think he's the next Rocket Ismail... a great athlete and an awesome talent within his abilities. Problem is he's an athlete, not a football player, and will never be the ANCHOR of a team.

Kiper's top three during the football season looked something like this, in no particular order:
-D'Brickashaw Ferguson
-Matt Leinart
-AJ Hawk

Bush's hype is the product of a media epicenter with no professional football team to cover. All that flash covered up all the holes, and all anyone wants to see is the good.

cheatchu
05-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Too bad he waited until after he made maybe the biggest draft mistake since Ryan Leaf.

No that was made by the titans with their pick of VY