PDA

View Full Version : Free gas!!

marlin fan
05-09-2006, 10:21 PM
well not really but close to it!! due to some one at a gas station here in Marlin the pumps where set at 93 cents a gallon !!! when i got there was crazy looked like the whole town of Marlin was there.. two of the roads around it were loaed with cars. when i got there police were directing traffic and making people leave and the station closed for a while!!

bccards
05-09-2006, 10:36 PM
That's nothing.. a Town in Indiana this morning screwed up and was selling gas for... Let's just say, it only cost some people seven CENTS to fill up their tanks.. Yes, 7¢ ... .002¢/gallon..

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8537/9181166240x1806qt.jpg

Customers Have Fill-Up Frenzy After Gas Price Mistake
UPDATED: 6:45 am CDT May 9, 2006

PLAINFIELD, Ind. -- A costly mistake at an Indiana gas station early Tuesday morning means the business is out a lot of money.

The mistake at regular unleaded pumps at a Shell station in Plainfield allowed people to fill up for just pennies.

Gas at the station was supposed to be $2.75 a gallon, but customers pulled up to the pumps to find a price of $.002 a gallon.

The mistake was discovered early Tuesday morning, but several customers had already gotten away with a drastically low price fill-up.

The gas station is not exactly sure how many people took advantage of the situation. Since customers paid at the pump, clerks did not have face-to-face contact with the customers.

Driver Kenneth Krebs said he couldn't believe what he saw that allowed him to fill up his truck for 7 cents.

"I pulled into that gas station, put my card in to get gas and hit the 87 octane button and it came up like two-hundredths of a cent," said driver Kenneth Krebs. "So, I proceeded in filling up my truck."

A woman went into the store and told the clerk what was going on, showing her receipt for a few cents for several gallons of gas. That woman offered to come back into the store later Tuesday to pay the difference.

The gas station is trying to determine if it can go back and charge the people who got the bargain regular price after the fact.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

My guess is NO, they can't go back and backcharge folks for THEIR mistake...

marlin fan
05-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah after i told my cousin she said she heard on the news that happened in Ohio also with 2 cents!

MHSvarsity2007
05-09-2006, 11:36 PM
gah wish the people here would mess up and set gas like that

GreenMonster
05-10-2006, 12:18 AM
You know, accidents happen. People lose wallets and purses and many times these items are returned with every penny still inside, but let a gas station attendant make a mistake and every Tom, Dick, and Harry in town becomes dishonest and fills up on cheap gas. Then proceeds to call all of his or her relatives to tell them about the free gas. Just doesn't make any sense. By helping yourself to obviously underpriced fuel you are hurting more than just the gas station owner you are hurting the employees that are just trying to feed their kids as well. I would like to urge everyone here to live by the golden rule and do unto others as you would have them do unto you, or in this case stop fueling and tell the attendant. You may save some people their jobs and the ability to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

injuredinmelee
05-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
You know, accidents happen. People lose wallets and purses and many times these items are returned with every penny still inside, but let a gas station attendant make a mistake and every Tom, Dick, and Harry in town becomes dishonest and fills up on cheap gas. Then proceeds to call all of his or her relatives to tell them about the free gas. Just doesn't make any sense. By helping yourself to obviously underpriced fuel you are hurting more than just the gas station owner you are hurting the employees that are just trying to feed their kids as well. I would like to urge everyone here to live by the golden rule and do unto others as you would have them do unto you, or in this case stop fueling and tell the attendant. You may save some people their jobs and the ability to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Well said Gm. I encountered a situation just like this at a mom and pop ( arab) store in houston several years ago. I noticed it after i started filling up my dually that had two tanks and instead of taking advantage of the guy i went inside and made him calcualte what the price would have cost me at his normal rate. I slept much better that evening.

pirate44
05-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
You know, accidents happen. People lose wallets and purses and many times these items are returned with every penny still inside, but let a gas station attendant make a mistake and every Tom, Dick, and Harry in town becomes dishonest and fills up on cheap gas. Then proceeds to call all of his or her relatives to tell them about the free gas. Just doesn't make any sense. By helping yourself to obviously underpriced fuel you are hurting more than just the gas station owner you are hurting the employees that are just trying to feed their kids as well. I would like to urge everyone here to live by the golden rule and do unto others as you would have them do unto you, or in this case stop fueling and tell the attendant. You may save some people their jobs and the ability to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table. :clap: :clap: :clap:
great purse/wallet comparison. what ever happened to decency and honesty?

Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Well said Gm. I encountered a situation just like this at a mom and pop ( arab) store in houston several years ago. I noticed it after i started filling up my dually that had two tanks and instead of taking advantage of the guy i went inside and made him calcualte what the price would have cost me at his normal rate. I slept much better that evening.
oh, that's what happened. WTG injured
:clap: :clap: :clap:

District303aPastPlayer
05-10-2006, 09:14 AM
sorry but i take the gas and run. happened at the Shell out in Sinton, Pump #11. Never stopped just put like 5, fill your tank :)

raider red 2000
05-10-2006, 09:29 AM
wallets - return.
ATM gives me too much i return

they undercharge me for gas.....i laugh and call everyone i know.

Golden rule- Like Scrooge McDuck says, "He who has the gold, makes the rules."

just kidding on above statement :)

WylieGrad2003
05-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Sure it's dishonest. Sure it's wrong. But as much as I have to pay to fill up a 2000 Dodge Ram that has about 10 mpg with a 25 gallon tank, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. I understand that it hurts the stores or whatever but they aren't going to take it out of the employee's paychecks...

raider red 2000
05-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by WylieGrad2003
[COLOR=blue]Sure it's dishonest. Sure it's wrong. But as much as I have to pay to fill up a 2000 Dodge Ram that has about 10 mpg with a 25 gallon tank, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. I understand that it hurts the stores or whatever but they aren't going to take it out of the employee's paychecks...Sure it's dishonest. Sure it's wrong. But as much as I have to pay to fill up a 2000 Dodge Ram that has about 10 mpg with a 25 gallon tank, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. I understand that it hurts the stores or whatever but they aren't going to take it out of the employee's paychecks... Sure it's dishonest. Sure it's wrong. But as much as I have to pay to fill up a 2000 Dodge Ram that has about 10 mpg with a 25 gallon tank, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. I understand that it hurts the stores or whatever but they aren't going to take it out of the employee's paychecks...

i actually read that thing all 3 times :(

pirate44
05-10-2006, 09:48 AM
once i matured in life i decided that when im confronted with a situation i think is questionable, i will ask myself, "what would my father do". to this day ive never be criticized for the outcome of those actions.

District303aPastPlayer
05-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

me too...

Originally posted by pirate44
once i matured in life i decided that when im confronted with a situation i think is questionable, i will ask myself, "what would my father do". to this day ive never be criticized for the outcome of those actions.

i think if you go by that... you will NEVER be criticized for your actions. You know how highly of your father. greatest Little League coach i've ever had.

raider red 2000
05-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by pirate44

i dt know the man, but i am sure that he usually did the right things.

good rule to live by.

HPLJ6L
05-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Why is gas so darn expensive but motor oil is the same price? Evertime the price of crude goes up gas goes up but I can still get an oil change for $14.95, shouldn't the price of crude oil effect motor oil, too?

pirate44
05-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
me too...

i think if you go by that... you will NEVER be criticized for your actions. You know how highly of your father. greatest Little League coach i've ever had.
wow, aaron i really appreciate that and extend the same compliments to your dad too. but i was intending that as kind of a rule for most people. young people should always live their lives as not to give their father / family a bad name. a lot of kids these days dont care about dissapointing their parents. :( i wish i would have realized that when i was much younger. i would have avoided a lot of stupidity.

WylieGrad2003
05-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

Sorry, operator malfunction...lol