PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Football

maroonpunt
05-09-2006, 05:26 PM
I hear that our head man is a finalist for a 4A job up north, what do we do if he leaves?

Buccaneer
05-09-2006, 06:19 PM
hire a new coach

un b weavable
05-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
hire a new coach

Good call. :thumbsup:

pirate44
05-09-2006, 07:09 PM
offer the job to the new AD at Three Rivers. ;)

lostaussie
05-09-2006, 07:21 PM
hire a new coach problem solvers are always good to have around:thumbsup:

maroonpunt
05-09-2006, 08:18 PM
or his cousin to the east of us, or a former coach to the west of us, or coach K.

SintonFan
05-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
or his cousin to the east of us, or a former coach to the west of us, or coach K.
I like the thought of the one to the west...

Cameron Crazy
05-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Quit before the storm:thinking:

Buccaneer
05-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Which 4A school is he a finalist?
Who is the new AD at Three Rivers?

pirate4state
05-09-2006, 09:55 PM
or a former coach to the west of us :confused: Davis?

sinfan75
05-10-2006, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
offer the job to the new AD at Three Rivers. ;) That'd be kinda nice havin a homegrown coach coachin our home team. Bet his wife would enjoy unpackin too. :D

piratebg
05-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Sad to see another one go, assuming he gets that 4a job. Who is the AD in Three Rivers?

neck_94
05-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Which 4A school is he a finalist?
Who is the new AD at Three Rivers?

Nope ANGLETON

District303aPastPlayer
05-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by neck_94
Nope ANGLETON

uhhh... what?

pirate4state
05-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
uhhh... what? He is saying that the 4A school in question is A-n-g-l-e-t-o-n. :p :D

Our AD is fine where he is. :clap: Here's hoping that he is just keeping his interviewing skills sharp!! :nerd: :D http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/crossfingers.gif

District303aPastPlayer
05-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
He is saying that the 4A school in question is A-n-g-l-e-t-o-n. :p :D

Our AD is fine where he is. :clap: Here's hoping that he is just keeping his interviewing skills sharp!! :nerd: :D http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/crossfingers.gif

gotcha chief. don't some coaches do that anyway... interview to keep up their skills... i do hope this is where this is going :)

CoolKat
05-10-2006, 09:58 AM
I can't see anyone not wanting Coach Mitchell. So I am also keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't go. :D

sinton66
05-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Coach K isn't interested. He's been offered the position several times and has turned it down because his first love will always be baseball.

The new AD at Three Rivers is Eddie Hesseltine who grew up in Sinton.

piratebg
05-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but Eddie Hesseltine is the older brother of Fo-Fo, right? Is he interested in the job?

SINTON81
05-10-2006, 11:12 AM
What I would hate to see is his son leave Sinton. He plays 7th grade football with my son. He is one good football player. I said it before and I'll say it again, Coach Mitchell's son is going to make all-state some day.

pirate4state
05-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
What I would hate to see is his son leave Sinton. He plays 7th grade football with my son. He is one good football player. I said it before and I'll say it again, Coach Mitchell's son is going to make all-state some day. :clap: Agreed. He needs to stay put!!! :)

pirate44
05-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Correct me if I am wrong, but Eddie Hesseltine is the older brother of Fo-Fo, right? Is he interested in the job?
as far as i know, he's happy with his new position at TR. my earlier statement was kinda toungue in cheek. although id love to have one if not two of my brothers coaching in Sinton by the time my son gets to high school.

maroonpunt
05-11-2006, 08:23 AM
any new news on this one?

CoolKat
05-11-2006, 10:38 AM
:clap: Agreed. He needs to stay put!!! :)

I am with you. Mitchell and crew need to stay here. :D

piratebg
05-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Mitchell and the defensive coaching staff are awesome. I was not impressed with the OC and his scheme for last year. Things have slowly degressed, in my opinion, since we lost Jones.

pirate4state
05-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Mitchell and the defensive coaching staff are awesome. I was not impressed with the OC and his scheme for last year. Things have slowly degressed, in my opinion, since we lost Jones. I think the OC will be just fine this year. :thumbsup: No worries. ;)

Buccaneer
05-11-2006, 11:36 AM
The OC would be the likely candidate to get the job if Mitchell left.

RiverRat19
05-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Mitchell and the defensive coaching staff are awesome. I was not impressed with the OC and his scheme for last year.

Is this not the same coach who called the offense the last two times Sinton played in the 3rd round? Do you suppose he's gotten worse since then?

How many different types of offenses do the various teams in the state run? How about in one district? Do they all work? Do other teams run the same offense better than another team? What's the difference? Execution and talent most likely.

Players play, coaches coach. You may want to give some more of the credit to the offensive players and possibly some of the blame to the more recent players. I'm pretty sure that the OC didn't "call" turnovers, holding penalties, or missed blocks to be executed rather than running plays the way they are designed. Not to say that he, or any other coach in the state, hasn't made some bad calls in the past few years- they are only human. However, be careful who you want to start criticizing... these coached pour more of themselves (without expecting much in return) into what they do than those on the outside would ever know.

stickandmove
05-12-2006, 11:04 AM
It's nice to see how people on this board choose to blame the coaches for every problem. Did Sinton go 9-0? Did the offense score an avg of 28 pts a game? I wonder if some of these posters have ever stayed up all night reviewing film or work 100+ hr weeks with little to no thanks for the effort? Only to have some slap < who acts like he/she knows some football> to cast blame on the coaches. Lol

I would like to see teachers/coaches come to some of your jobs and start telling YOU what your doing wrong and how they are such experts with no background.

what a joke some of you boobs are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stickandmove
05-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Mitchell and the defensive coaching staff are awesome. I was not impressed with the OC and his scheme for last year. Things have slowly degressed, in my opinion, since we lost Jones.

I AM SURE JONES OR ANY OTHER COACH WOULD BE SOOOOO HAPPY TO HAVE YOUR APPROVAL SINCE YOUR THE MEASURING STICK FOR FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE!

pirate4state
05-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by stickandmove
It's nice to see how people on this board choose to blame the coaches for every problem. Did Sinton go 9-0? Did the offense score an avg of 28 pts a game? I wonder if some of these posters have ever stayed up all night reviewing film or work 100+ hr weeks with little to no thanks for the effort? Only to have some slap < who acts like he/she knows some football> to cast blame on the coaches. Lol

I would like to see teachers/coaches come to some of your jobs and start telling YOU what your doing wrong and how they are such experts with no background.

what a joke some of you boobs are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In this particular thread no one is blaming any coach for anything. All one poster did was express his opinion on the OC. I can't believe some coaches would actually let this/these "boobs" get to them!

stickandmove
05-12-2006, 11:20 AM
i have personally never coached in a football game but have been a fan of h.s football for over 40 years. I always here in the stands how bad and stupid these coaches are. Then I see how they blame coaches for losses and credit the kids for wins. It just don't work that way, it's a team game. win & lose together. it happens at every level in america but should not happen when it's with teenagers. just my opinion

Sinton94
05-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
Is this not the same coach who called the offense the last two times Sinton played in the 3rd round? Do you suppose he's gotten worse since then?

How many different types of offenses do the various teams in the state run? How about in one district? Do they all work? Do other teams run the same offense better than another team? What's the difference? Execution and talent most likely.

Players play, coaches coach. You may want to give some more of the credit to the offensive players and possibly some of the blame to the more recent players. I'm pretty sure that the OC didn't "call" turnovers, holding penalties, or missed blocks to be executed rather than running plays the way they are designed. Not to say that he, or any other coach in the state, hasn't made some bad calls in the past few years- they are only human. However, be careful who you want to start criticizing... these coached pour more of themselves (without expecting much in return) into what they do than those on the outside would ever know.

Well put! Hopefully we don't lose him or any coach for that matter!

SintonFan
05-12-2006, 11:28 AM

what a joke some of you boobs are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where the hell did you get off saying us Sinton posters are blaming the coaches for eveything? Have you read this entire thread. The talk centered on IF Mitchell was leaving and some speculation on THAT.
What a joke you are and how are you an expert on issues so far from South Texas. Please keep your idiot opinions to yourself because you obviously have no clue on what you talk about.:hand:

Sinton94
05-12-2006, 11:39 AM

In what job and who's offering?:confused:

pirate4state
05-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
In what job and who's offering?:confused: It's nothing. Eddie got the coaching position in Three Rivers. All the rest of the comments in relation to him are in just "talk".

Buccaneer
05-12-2006, 11:45 AM
i have personally never coached in a football game but have been a fan of h.s football for over 40 years. I always here in the stands how bad and stupid these coaches are. Then I see how they blame coaches for losses and credit the kids for wins. It just don't work that way, it's a team game. win & lose together. it happens at every level in america but should not happen when it's with teenagers. just my opinion
It is always the coaches fault!

pirate4state
05-12-2006, 11:48 AM
It is always the coaches fault! Is this your attempt at sarcasm? :thinking: Because this is my attempt at humor! :p

stickandmove
05-12-2006, 12:23 PM
it's not sinton posters being attacked. It's fans in general blaming the coaches when they have little knowledge of whats really going on.

District303aPastPlayer
05-12-2006, 01:31 PM
it's not sinton posters being attacked. It's fans in general blaming the coaches when they have little knowledge of whats really going on.

most of the blame had been on the emphasis on passing when we had a stable of running backs comprable to that like Liberty Hill. When you have running backs to spare... why move them to defense when you could just pair em up, and run wild...

SintonFan
05-12-2006, 01:33 PM
You confused me when you said, and I quote
what a joke some of you boobs are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .
Since almost all the posters who posted on this thread are from Sinton you could have fooled me.:rolleyes:
It's nice that you are defending the coaches but this might not be the best way to do it.
Let me clarify my earlier post. IF Mitchell leaves I would love for Davis to come back. Now, if wishes were horses....:doh:

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2006, 01:35 PM
most of the blame had been on the emphasis on passing when we had a stable of running backs comprable to that like Liberty Hill. When you have running backs to spare... why move them to defense when you could just pair em up, and run wild...
A coach won't necessarily run an offense (or defense, for that matter) around a handful of players, but rather will use the best personnel for EACH position. I seem to remember Sinton having a pretty stingy defense most of the year. There's a reason why the coaches get paid..... ;)

raider red 2000
05-12-2006, 01:48 PM
coaches do it for the money and free clothes.

they just throw out 11 kids and dont care who can play.....ask long as they get a new shirt or 2 each year.

:)

pirate4state
05-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
coaches do it for the money and free clothes.

they just throw out 11 kids and dont care who can play.....ask long as they get a new shirt or 2 each year.

:)

LMAO!!! :clap:

maroonpunt
05-12-2006, 02:40 PM
I read on another board that our coach got the Angleton job.....
What's next for the Pirate Nation..

pirate4state
05-12-2006, 02:44 PM
I read on another board that our coach got the Angleton job.....
What's next for the Pirate Nation.. :weeping: Say it isn't so!! :weeping: I saw it too, but I want to live in denial. :crying:

sinton66
05-12-2006, 03:03 PM

To answer your first question, NO, the OC this last year was not the same one that took us to the third round before. That was Chris Jones who left to take the HC/AD position at 2a Refugio.

SINTON81
05-12-2006, 04:16 PM
:weeping: Say it isn't so!! :weeping: I saw it too, but I want to live in denial. :crying:

What site was it on?

SINTON65
05-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I read the other site and it all still seems to be rumor. I wouldn't start packing boxes for him until it is truly confirmed. However, I wouldn't doubt that another school would want to woo him away from Sinton or that he would take the position. He, like other professionals in any capacity, should always be looking to further his career.

Also, I think it was pretty obvious that the comment "it is always the coaches fault" was meant as a joke. Just because the smilie wasn't there doesn't mean people should start ranting.

SINTON65
05-12-2006, 06:05 PM
http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/

This was the site I saw. It is under the greater houston area in the messages section of the site.

SintonFan
05-13-2006, 12:39 AM
I hope the rumor is wrong. I've had a chance to meet Coach Mitchell and I think he's a heckova Coach! I hope he stays in Sinton...

gato 76
05-13-2006, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I hope the rumor is wrong. I've had a chance to meet Coach Mitchell and I think he's a heckova Coach! I hope he stays in Sinton...

The Angleton people on the other board are talking like its a done deal.

sinfan75
05-13-2006, 07:40 AM
If that's the case should Sinton Hire from within or bring in a new coach? Bet there's a few coaches in the area that would be interested in the job.

sinton66
05-13-2006, 07:45 AM
I'm hearing that he has NOT yet accepted the offer. It's all rumor at this point, so we'll just have to wait to see. I hope if he does take it, he will do so quickly so we can get moving on a search. Of course, I'd prefer he stays.

gato 76
05-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I'm hearing that he has NOT yet accepted the offer. It's all rumor at this point, so we'll just have to wait to see. I hope if he does take it, he will do so quickly so we can get moving on a search. Of course, I'd prefer he stays.

If he accepts the job he has his work cut out for him.Angelton just moved into district 234a with La Marque,Texas City,Friendswood,Dickinson.I don't know what kind of defense he ran at Sinton but he has not seen team speed like he's going to see against those teams.But im sure he will be ok,looks like he had Sinton always in the playoff hunt.

sinfan75
05-13-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm hearing that he has NOT yet accepted the offer. It's all rumor at this point, so we'll just have to wait to see. I hope if he does take it, he will do so quickly so we can get moving on a search. Of course, I'd prefer he stays. I'd like to see him stay too but maybe he's ready to move on up. but I agree hopefully if he decides to leave he does so Quickly.

rgn4fb
05-13-2006, 02:21 PM
wasnt he offered a job last year and turned it down? I am sure he will do fine wherever he goes or stays. (if that makes any sense)

District303aPastPlayer
05-14-2006, 03:08 AM
got told saturday it was a done deal saturday morning, only to be turned down a lil later on... so Mitchell is staying in Sinton... from what i was told :)

sinfan75
05-14-2006, 11:04 AM
YEE-HAW!!!

sinton66
05-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Yep, I was told at the baseball game Saturday night that he is definately staying in Sinton.

RiverRat19
05-14-2006, 10:07 PM
To answer your first question, NO, the OC this last year was not the same one that took us to the third round before. That was Chris Jones who left to take the HC/AD position at 2a Refugio.
You sure? I thought Jones took the HC/AD job in Refugio in the spring of 2003? Didn't Sinton play Burnet in the 3rd round once more down south somewhere in fall 2003 and then Cuero in 2004 in SA? Did Jones have double duty in Refugio and Sinton during that time?

District303aPastPlayer
05-14-2006, 11:59 PM
You sure? I thought Jones took the HC/AD job in Refugio in the spring of 2003? Didn't Sinton play Burnet in the 3rd round once more down south somewhere in fall 2003 and then Cuero in 2004 in SA? Did Jones have double duty in Refugio and Sinton during that time?

the OC in 03 was VS i believe... im not sure on that...

sinfan75
05-15-2006, 04:48 AM
Jones left to take the HC job after the 2002 season. The current OC has been here since. And yes he helped Sinton get to the 3rd round twice. 2003 and 2004. Last year was the 1st time since 1999 that they failed to get to the 3rd round or further.

piratebg
05-15-2006, 06:59 AM

This was my agruement. Sorry I did not spell it out earlier, but the pass first, run much later offense did not make sense to me at all. It made the offense one-dimensional. I never once said the I blamed the coaches for Sinton losing in the first round, all I said was that I did not agree with the offensive scheme used by the OC last season.

RiverRat19
05-15-2006, 08:11 AM
This was my agruement. Sorry I did not spell it out earlier, but the pass first, run much later offense did not make sense to me at all. It made the offense one-dimensional. I never once said the I blamed the coaches for Sinton losing in the first round, all I said was that I did not agree with the offensive scheme used by the OC last season.
I'm not trying to argue, but here are a few points:
1. I know Liberty Hill is a run, run, run, run and then run some more offense. If either running or passing more than a certian percentage is one dimensional then this would put them (and more teams than we'd probably suspect) in that category. Based on their success the past few years, why would they start throwing the ball more? Just because they got bored with running the ball and winning the game that way?

2. Bottom line is that regardless of the system (wide open passing game, option game, 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust running game, etc.) it has to be taught well and executed better.

3. Also, the better a defense is (allowing few points, getting turnovers, etc.) the less pressure the offense has to "win the game" for the team and therefore can focus on just executing rather than having to score every time they get the ball.

4. Players are put into positions within a system to do their job based on what the coaches think they can do best. They are also played more on offense or defense based on how they fit into each scheme. Often the better athletes play more defense on some football teams. Most of these teams can still score points but their tough defenses are what win the games for them.

These concepts can be translated to all sports. Or so those wiser than myself have told me....

piratebg
05-15-2006, 08:35 AM
I guess I'm just used to the more balanced offense used in recent years. Sinton has been very fortunate with offensive backs the past 6-7 years. I just thought that Josh Ring and Zach Collins pretty much went to waste last year. That is just my opinion. I'm not a coach. I don't claim to be an expert. There are those that will agree and disagree with me, and that's fine with me. This is what the board is here for.

RiverRat19
05-15-2006, 08:53 AM
I guess I'm just used to the more balanced offense used in recent years. Sinton has been very fortunate with offensive backs the past 6-7 years. I just thought that Josh Ring and Zach Collins pretty much went to waste last year. That is just my opinion. I'm not a coach. I don't claim to be an expert. There are those that will agree and disagree with me, and that's fine with me. This is what the board is here for.

I understand what you are saying. Ideally, a team would like to be more balanced so they have more options during the course of a game or the season. However, a team also has to play to their strengths. If that is a passing game, then in order to be successful they will probably have to throw the ball a ton. Southlake Carroll isn't changing what they do (pass 75% or so) just because they don't "run enough". Just feel lucky your team could do something well!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-15-2006, 11:00 AM
The Pirate offense didnt lose the game in the first round, it was for only the second straight week the Defense couldnt stop the other team after being about as perfect as u can be prior to those two games. Maybe the passing on almost everydown wore down the Pirates defense towards the end of the season as they spent alot of time on the field.

Sinton94
05-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks JM for choosing to stay in Sinton..........the community is behind you!:clap: :clap:

sinton66
05-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
The Pirate offense didnt lose the game in the first round, it was for only the second straight week the Defense couldnt stop the other team after being about as perfect as u can be prior to those two games. Maybe the passing on almost everydown wore down the Pirates defense towards the end of the season as they spent alot of time on the field.

The players seemed to lose a lot of drive last year when the hurricane caused the Cuero game to be cancelled. After that weekend, Sinton seemed to struggle more than they should have. However, the Ingleside game lived up to my expectations. I knew that one was gonna be a nail-biter.