PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 area round baseball picks

XMan
05-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Last week I was 5 for 8. The Bellville/Lg series and Groesbeck/Lorena really got me. Each week the match ups get better so I think 5 for 8 this week would be pretty good, especially since Ive been repeatedly told that I know nothing.

Robinson vs Columbus: Ill take the Cardinals on their pitching even though they arent an offensive powerhouse. Columbus in low scoring wins.

Hutto vs Fairfield: Im going to go out on a limb and say that the Eagles knock off state ranked Hutto.

Kirbyville vs Bridge City: The birds have too many weapons, BC in two quick ones.

Barbers Hill vs Silsbee: Ill take the Hill in a last gasp to make it to Austin as a 3A. Going for the upset her, Eagles in 3.

Groesbeck vs Cameron: Not sure if this is a series or 1 gamer. I know Cameron has 1 excellent pitcher. Groesbeck is coming off a big win. Im going with the Yoe in 3 games, but dont be surprised if the Goats pull it off.

Bellville vs Gatesville: Too much sting here. Gatesville in 2.

Jasper vs. Huffman: Huffman is supposed to be the bomb but im again going with the upset. Jasper's hitting outscores Huffman in the 3rd game to win the series.

Hardin Jefferson vs Lufkin Hudson: Can you say Hornets? Hudson in 2.

Lets hear what ya think.

GWOOD
05-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Way to jump out there XMan. I bet they weren't many who saw the Groesbeck/Lorena outcome coming---except for a few of the loyal, optimistic Groesbeck fans and players.

Here are my picks:

Waco Robinson
Fairfield
Bridge City
Silsbee
Cameron Yoe
Gatesville
Huffman-Hargrave
Lufkin Hudson

hutex04
05-09-2006, 06:41 PM
no Hutto wins in best of 3 with fairfield. Marching forward to a possible rematch with Cameron yoe

VWG
05-09-2006, 09:16 PM
When would Hudson and BC meet? (If they both advance that far)

GWOOD
05-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by VWG
When would Hudson and BC meet? (If they both advance that far)

Region 3 Finals. Wouldn't that be a great game?

VWG
05-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Region 3 Finals. Wouldn't that be a great game?

I would say that it's a pretty good bet that these two teams will meet in the Region 3 finals.

XMan
05-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Hard to believe that so few people have opinions on who they think will win. Wish some of the other Bellville folks would share their feelings before the big series starts in Austin today.

lets here some insight

neck_06
05-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Way to jump out there XMan. I bet they weren't many who saw the Groesbeck/Lorena outcome coming---except for a few of the loyal, optimistic Groesbeck fans and players.

Here are my picks:

Waco Robinson
Fairfield
Bridge City
Silsbee
Cameron Yoe
Gatesville
Huffman-Hargrave
Lufkin Hudson

Robinson wont beat Columbus

XMan
05-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Please pass along any scores you might know about as they come in.

bulldogbark
05-13-2006, 03:33 PM
well the second game for the Jasper Dogs Vs Huffman Falcons is today at 5:30 and can be heard on www.KJAS.com Jasper ace on the mound for Jasper...Robert Gilbert with only his second time pitching put the heat on the Falcons with a winning effort of 2-0 last night . one more today and Jasper advances

XMan
05-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Results:

Columbus wins 7-1, 2-1
Hutto wins 5-0, 4-2
BC 13-0, 12-1
The Hill 3-4, 13-3, 2-1
Yoe 5-2, 5-2
Gatesville over mighty Bellville 4-3, 5-2
Huffman in 3
Hudson in a sweep

I was 6 for 8, my 2 upsets didnt pan out, not bad for someone who doesnt know anything.