PDA

View Full Version : UT Coach at the field house today

JHS_c/o_06'
05-09-2006, 11:57 AM
So now that they've shipped all the seniors out, i managed to stay on as an equipment manager type person so i dont have to take some BS class like accounting with the rest of the ex senior football players. Anyway, when i go down there today, there was a coach from UT, cant remember what his name was. But, he had his national championship ring on and he let me see it and wear it and all that good stuff. But that was the biggest piece of gold and diamond that i have ever seen in my life. I swear, that had to have been as big as a sunglasses lense. Thats all i got, just thought it would be an interesting read for yall. And he stayed for the workout and all that. Really nice guy. Said he had been waiting 34 years for that ring so he had no problems showing it off.

HOOK EM'

injuredinmelee
05-09-2006, 12:04 PM
They are freaking gorgeous!

Aesculus gilmus
05-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Does the coach have someone in mind on Jasper's team as a prospect? I haven't heard much about Jasper lately. I know you're in the toughest district in the state now. What do you think of the upcoming team?

wedo
05-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
So now that they've shipped all the seniors out, i managed to stay on as an equipment manager type person so i dont have to take some BS class like accounting with the rest of the ex senior football players. Anyway, when i go down there today, there was a coach from UT, cant remember what his name was. But, he had his national championship ring on and he let me see it and wear it and all that good stuff. But that was the biggest piece of gold and diamond that i have ever seen in my life. I swear, that had to have been as big as a sunglasses lense. Thats all i got, just thought it would be an interesting read for yall. And he stayed for the workout and all that. Really nice guy. Said he had been waiting 34 years for that ring so he had no problems showing it off.

HOOK EM'

When i was a senior Nick Saben came to a work out. It was the spring before LSU won the National championship!! He is a real kool and nice guy!! He is a lot shorter in real life!!!

Gobbla2001
05-09-2006, 12:44 PM
He let you wear it??? SWEET... our very own young poster from Jasper is engaged now...

When's the date???

Just kidding man, that musta been cool getting to see that big dawg...

BreckTxLonghorn
05-09-2006, 01:05 PM
My buddy was a walk-on at UT four years ago. Now he has enough hardware for a set of brass knuckles. A little known fact (at least to me): There are actually two national championship rings. One is presented to the team by the NCAA, and the other from the BCS. They're very similar, but the biggest difference is the NCAA is black instead of diamonds, and the 1 is CZ.

Imagine being a walk on in 2002, and now owning a Holiday Bowl Ring, 2 Rose Bowl rings, and of course 2 national championship rings (He wasn't eligible freshman year to receive the Cotton Bowl). That's a nice way to end your collegiate career.

bigcat8
05-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Coach McWhorters,
Great guy...

Bulldog_12
05-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by wedo
When i was a senior Nick Saben came to a work out. It was the spring before LSU won the National championship!! He is a real kool and nice guy!! He is a lot shorter in real life!!!

He came to Jasper my Junior year, '03, and he was not that nice. Maybe he was having a bad day or something, but he seemed very smug when I tried to talk to him. thats just my take on him though.