PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me Lord...

SintonFan
05-08-2006, 10:55 PM
I've taken a serious liking to fried oreos. Lord, we experimented with a fried oreo recipe last night and forgive me for being hooked. I know I might die tomorrow from the fat but this food might be better than me.:( I then plummeted into a lower hell when I dipped some bananas into the same batter and fried it up. I feel so bad but it tastes so good Lord! Fried bananas rule...:(:):(
I promise to buy the biggest bag of salad out there to clean out my arteries; as soon as I can get off the couch as I now am too stuffed to even blink an eye, much less buy a bag of salad. I'll stay away from the ranch dressing too... I'll stay with a light vinegarette. Yeah, that sounds real good now.
Devilishly devilish link (http://fairy.mahdzan.com/story/189.asp)
http://fairy.mahdzan.com/photos/junkfood/oreos/o19.jpg

pirate44
05-09-2006, 06:25 AM
i admire your creativeness, and the oreos and bananas sound good, but my question is, wont the letuce wilt once you batter and fry it? let me know how it turns out

Bandera YaYa
05-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I've taken a serious liking to fried oreos. Lord, we experimented with a fried oreo recipe last night and forgive me for being hooked. I know I might die tomorrow from the fat but this food might be better than me.:( I then plummeted into a lower hell when I dipped some bananas into the same batter and fried it up. I feel so bad but it tastes so good Lord! Fried bananas rule...:(:):(
I promise to buy the biggest bag of salad out there to clean out my arteries; as soon as I can get off the couch as I now am too stuffed to even blink an eye, much less buy a bag of salad. I'll stay away from the ranch dressing too... I'll stay with a light vinegarette. Yeah, that sounds real good now.
Devilishly devilish link (http://fairy.mahdzan.com/story/189.asp)
http://fairy.mahdzan.com/photos/junkfood/oreos/o19.jpg Uh...from that picture, looks like you fried something else there, bud! :eek: :eek:

Bullaholic
05-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Go for broke, SF...while you're falling from grace....fry up a Twinkie or maybe a Mars bar or two. Then there's always fried Monte Cristo sandwiches from Bennigan's. Fried ice cream ain't bad, either.

pirate44
05-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Go for broke, SF...while you're falling from grace....fry up a Twinkie or maybe a Mars bar or two. Then there's always fried Monte Cristo sandwiches from Bennigan's. Fried ice cream ain't bad, either.
mmm...monte cristo. you cant go wrong when your ham and cheese comes with a side of jam

44INAROW
05-09-2006, 11:41 AM
I've never had a Monte Cristo, but I keep telling myself I am going to try one. What kind of batter is it? Sweet or like a corn dog?

pirate44
05-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I've never had a Monte Cristo, but I keep telling myself I am going to try one. What kind of batter is it? Sweet or like a corn dog?
like a sweet corn dog :D
they put powdered sugar all over it, so i cant be sure

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Then there's always fried Monte Cristo sandwiches from Bennigan's.
:foul: :foul: Did you really have to mention that? :weeping: That sounds soooo good & I haven't had one in ages.

There's a place on 6th street in Austin that has fried Snickers. :eek:

EricDraven
05-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Fried food is good for you. Kills everything else. What it might miss, I kill with whiskey!

SintonFan
05-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i admire your creativeness, and the oreos and bananas sound good, but my question is, wont the letuce wilt once you batter and fry it? let me know how it turns out
Bleck!:eek: :D
Hey YaYa, mine came out way better looking than those did. I also added and extra 1/4 cup of pancake flour that thinkened it up quite a bit.:p

I've had Bennigan's Monte Christo. It's one of the good things they have. Of course it's a heart-attack on a plate.
I heard of fried twinkies but haven't tried them. We're thinking of making fried ice cream. I'll let you know how it turned out.

SintonFan
05-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:foul: :foul: Did you really have to mention that? :weeping: That sounds soooo good & I haven't had one in ages.

There's a place on 6th street in Austin that has fried Snickers. :eek:
Fried snickers sounds a little overkill doesn't it?;)

KTJ
05-09-2006, 07:52 PM
We had fried oreos at the Texas/OU game this year. It was freaking amazing. The best thing ever.

Each year, the State Fair comes out with something else friend. I think this year it was Fried Cheesecake. We didn't taste that though. Had a buddy get the Fried Twinkie. He liked it.

SintonFan
05-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
We had fried oreos at the Texas/OU game this year. It was freaking amazing. The best thing ever.

Each year, the State Fair comes out with something else friend. I think this year it was Fried Cheesecake. We didn't taste that though. Had a buddy get the Fried Twinkie. He liked it.
Follow that link at the top, it shows you how to make them. Again, I'd add an extra 1/4 cup of pancake flour to the batter. Yes, they were awesome. We saw them at the Helotes Cornyval on Sunday and thought they looked simple to make and they were.

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Fried snickers sounds a little overkill doesn't it?;)
Hmmm.....let's see. Fried ice cream, fried Oreos, fried Snickers. :thinking: :thinking: Nah, not overkill. :p

pirate44
05-09-2006, 08:38 PM
i will stand by a previous statement i made. the best fried food on the planet is served at a steak house in Snook. Chicken fried bacon strips served with gravy. its been nicknamed: a slab of fat dipped in fat, deep fried in fat, served with a side of fat :D

and as Emeril tells us...pork fat rules ;)

maroonpunt
05-09-2006, 08:55 PM
post the recipe for what you fry the oreos in. PLEASE

SintonFan
05-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
post the recipe for what you fry the oreos in. PLEASE
Click on the link at the top. The one that says "devilish".

WylieGrad2003
05-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Sounds pretty good to me

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hmmm.....let's see. Fried ice cream, fried Oreos, fried Snickers. :thinking: :thinking: Nah, not overkill. :p
I'm getting hungry!:D
forgive me lord...:(

Hansum Stranger
12-27-2006, 09:04 PM
At the State Fair you can find just about anything you want fried.

rundoe
12-27-2006, 09:13 PM
This can't be happening!!!! Football season is over. We are reduced to talking about frying snickers.:doh:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/riversthejoker/napoleon%20dynamite/napoleondynamite13.gif

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/dementia345/tots.gif

carter08
12-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Thank You for bringing this thread up
I now have a fried oreo recipe
YAY

Bandera YaYa
12-27-2006, 09:30 PM
I just re-read this thread...now my tummy hurts......fried fat is NOT appealing to me....

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
This can't be happening!!!! Football season is over. We are reduced to talking about frying snickers.:doh:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/riversthejoker/napoleon%20dynamite/napoleondynamite13.gif

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/dementia345/tots.gif
Is it the off-season yet?:clap: :D

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I just re-read this thread...now my tummy hurts......fried fat is NOT appealing to me....
I agree, all that Christmas food doesn't really make this stuff very appealing but lol I ran into it and thought, "why not?" It's in the spirit of the restaurant thread you see. And since I'm fixin to quit smokin I thought I'd get a jump start on tasting things again. ;)

Bandera YaYa
12-27-2006, 11:49 PM
I agree, all that Christmas food doesn't really make this stuff very appealing but lol I ran into it and thought, "why not?" It's in the spirit of the restaurant thread you see. And since I'm fixin to quit smokin I thought I'd get a jump start on tasting things again. ;) Congrats on quitting smoking....that's AWESOME!!! But trading up to fried oreos isn't gonna help your health!!! :D :p